As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Circular

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Circular

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I like the way that Tycho really cuts to the heart of the issue here

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    When I was watching the movie my first thought was people are going to have strong opinions about this, I'm going to stay off social media.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I'm going to stay off social media.

This is a good way to live your life all the time. Social media is nothing but complaining, soapboxing, hate filled rhetoric.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    I'm going to stay off social media.

This is a good way to live your life all the time. Social media is nothing but complaining, soapboxing, hate filled rhetoric.

But Black Dynamite, I post on social media!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    If there's one thing the internet needs, it's more places to have Star Wars discussions.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Sometimes I imagine my great grandmother being alive now. She was baffled by flip phones and flat screen TVs (and when she died, "flat screen" usually meant one of those late model CRTs with the short flat-fronted tube), I think if I told her, "Gradma, I have this TV in my pocket that's connected to virtually the sum total of human knowledge on every subject I can imagine. I use it to watch cat videos and argue with strangers about Star Wars," it might have actually killed her.
    If she survives that, I'll try, "I want to plug in my book, but Aunt Cathy plugged in her cigarette so I can't."

Hevach on
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I like that Satan's response is something that would likely specifically piss off Gabe. That's some clever writing, and different from what I would normally expect from a 'Twitter is awful' joke.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Another decade comes to a close, and the best thing we have to show for it is developing a magical conduit to transmit the worse emotions humans can create rapidly between us, sowing negativity, reaping sadness, and replanting misery.

But that comic was fucking funny, so at least we have that going for us.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I love that both Satan and Gabe where very civilized in their opinions on twitter.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    InsomniacFurreInsomniacFurre Registered User new member
    Personally I don't think a certain someone who's return was spoiled in the trailers cheapened Anakin's sacrifice. That someone returned repeatedly in the old EU, and other powerful sith have MANY times each.

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    The difference is that if something like that happened in the EU one could always write it off as ascended fanfic (and that's what the EU actually became now) while the movies are what ultimately remains canon.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Here's another thing that would diminish the series. If the Jedi Order was rebuilt and then took down the remaining Sith in the flesh. We'd basically be right back where we started. I can picture the epilogue now: The new council seated back in their old chamber on Coruscant, when one of them says, "Whew! That was a crazy 60-70 years, wasn't it? Well, will I see you all at the Jedi pub crawl this evening? We deserve a little celebration before we get back to preserving peace in the New New Republic." *end credits* ;)

(Yeah, yeah, I know the Emperor turned the temple into his palace or something in the new canon.)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Another decade comes to a close, and the best thing we have to show for it is developing a magical conduit to transmit the worse emotions humans can create rapidly between us, sowing negativity, reaping sadness, and replanting misery.

But those conduits - facebook & twitter - were all from the PREVIOUS decade, and instagram is right on the border. So that leaves... Snapchat? TikTok?

dennis on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    TikTok? That's some boomer shit, Dennis. If you're not etch-a-sketching fresh memes for your friends in the moment, what the fuck are you doing with your life?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Satan's response seems pretty civil and reasonable.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I feel like calling anything Anakin ever did in the movies a "sacrifice" is absolutely trolling

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Hey, man, he killed younglings for our sins. He sacrificed lots.

• Options
    curvedjabcurvedjab Fashion Artist USARegistered User new member
    I like the idea the way they talk.Social media is slow addiction.