As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I think it's hilarious how they just gave Intellion a gun for its gmax form.

Like sure Cinderace you have fun playing with your giant fire soccer ball. Intellion is here to straight up murder somebody.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i like this confirmation that my sad lizard boy was the right choice

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    the best thing to come of Intelleon's gmax is that it shifted all the fanart from James Bond to the TF2 sniper

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    the best thing to come of Intelleon's gmax is that it shifted all the fanart from James Bond to the TF2 sniper

One is a PokéJob

And the other's mental sickness

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious how they just gave Intellion a gun for its gmax form.

Like sure Cinderace you have fun playing with your giant fire soccer ball. Intellion is here to straight up murder somebody.

What’s hilarious is that it’s not actually a gun.

What Intelleon has done is fit a rifle barrel over his finger to make his water blasts more accurate.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i like rillaboom's gmax form a lot visually

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i feel like giving rillaboom an actual drum set goes a long way towards solving some of the awkwardness of his base design

imo all 3 starter final evos this time around are very dependent on props and their base designs mostly didn't go far enough with them

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I dunno, I think Intelleon and Cinderace get their ideas across real easily. I’ll give that Rillaboom doesn’t really scream “drums”.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I wonder if we're gonna be able to finally get something that adds a g-max to existing pokemon. I don't want a NEW Rillaboom with a big drum set. I want MY Rillaboom to have a big drum set.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

One is a PokéJob

held item: jarate

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

One is a PokéJob

held item: jarate

when you're hit by a contact move, lower the attacker's critical resistance by 2 (effectively giving anyone who attacks them focus energy)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I got into the TCG for the first time this year because of tag team card art and have already fallen out of it because of money

But one thing that’s really interesting to me is the way they handle types

So they typically don’t have dual types, so anything that’s dual typed in the games can be either type, similar to regional variants. So this Lucario card is Metal and that Lucario card is Fighting

But also instead of 18 goddamn types there are like ten and they consolidate them. So for example, ice types are all Water. You get some weird stuff like both Vaporeon and Glaceon being Water, but overall it’s a neat system

Except for poison

When we were kids poison types fell under Grass which made some sense because of how many Grass and Bug (which are also Grass in TCG) types had a secondary Poison type. But obviously it gets weird with stuff like Grimer and Trubbish

So I’m assuming for that reason they at some point changed it. But instead of doing anything that makes sense, they moved all Poison types to Psychic, I’m guessing because of the color purple? It was very stupid and I kept saying how if you just switched Poison to Dark all their consolidations would be pretty much perfect. Poison and Dark types are both the “evil team types” in the games

Well

Starting with SwSh they are actually doing that! All Poison types are now Dark. I guess that means there’s not really anything differentiating Kanto and Alolan Grimer/Muk but oh well the moral of the story is that I was right

Surprising and weird update on this

As of the Sword/Shield expansion, Fairy type is no longer supported in the TCG. Fairies will be reclassified as Psychic

On the one hand, kinda disappointing because I thought the way they had things was perfect now that Poison is Dark, but eh. More weird than anything. At least they're not colorless again

Weird that Eevee now has two water evolutions and two psychic evolutions

I guess it lets me pretend Pokemon like Celebi and Jirachi are fairies, as they should be

Jimothy on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm a big hypocrite because as much as I dislike Gen 1 favouritism, the Galarian legendary birds look amazing.

Also, from the Pokemon website (and building on what they implied in the trailer)
    It seems that The Isle of Armour expansion will allow you to help some of the Pokémon travelling with you gain the ability to Gigantamax.

So it seems they listened to that criticism, but it depends on your interpretation of "some" with regards to how many others will get the same option.

• Options
    My interpretation of “some” is “not every Pokémon species can gmax”.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Nah you'll recruit a brand new story-relevant trio of Gen 1 starters that want to Dynamax super bad but can't and then you'll have to train them up so they can.

Because I'm very cynical, see?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    it'll probably be a tutoring thing with a weird and obnoxious farmable currency
    and it will probably only work on a small subset including galar and gen 1 starters, like other obscure tutors.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It definitely involves the Galar starters at the very least, as the quote I provided is in the context of their newly discovered Gmax forms. I wouldn't be surprised if you can also find the starter trio in raids, as their hidden abilities have yet to be distributed.

In other news, luck smiled upon me today as I crossed Gmax Coalossal and Lapras off my to-get list in one attempt each (non-hosting), thank you Repeat Balls.

• Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Doo doo do-loot-da-doo

Baby fish

Doo doo do-loot-da-doo

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Wait, do I need to pay for the Nintendo internet thing to be able to trade with folks?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wait, do I need to pay for the Nintendo internet thing to be able to trade with folks?

yes, over the internet

You can trade locally without it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

yes, over the internet

You can trade locally without it

Bleh, well alright I guess.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    It sucks a lot, I was excited to trade the trainer cards with people and stuff but I'm not paying for it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The online service is at least pretty cheap, but there's a lot of stuff locked behind it that other consoles would likely just let you use tor free

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    a mouse cursor???? the horror

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I strained a muscle from rolling my eyes so hard

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Jokes on them when they reveal the stylish collection of in-game mouse cursor pin badges for your trainer bag.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The dlc arent even complete yet or did the fact 90 percent of what they showed was concept art confuse that guy?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    i can't believe this meowth dragged in a dead rat for me to look at

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    The dlc arent even complete yet or did the fact 90 percent of what they showed was concept art confuse that guy?

d6n7vogz4ii9.jpg

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Fandom was a mistake.

But those trainer cards are fire.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    now that i've done it three days in a row i'm gonna briefly advertise that i am rating every pokemon in the galar pokedex over on twitter

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
  • Options

I was unaware of this but I tend to love Pokémon anime that isn’t the main Pokémon anime (Origin, Generstions, B2W2 shorts), so yay!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    now that i've done it three days in a row i'm gonna briefly advertise that i am rating every pokemon in the galar pokedex over on twitter

Awww I love thwackey, I think its an amazing middle form

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Fandom was a mistake
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Awww I love thwackey, I think its an amazing middle form

Then answer the question, why he tube

• Options
    To understand the drum stick, you most become the drum stick

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg