As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pepperoni

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    gimme them cruncy ronis

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Other (explain)
    All of the above:
    Crispy at the edges, getting softer as you move to the pizza center, with a nice liberal dusting of Larlar over the top

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'll take mine crunchy around the edges without having curled up, thanks.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Definitely crunchy.

I'm not reeeaally a super big fan of meat I guess, because I only like it way more done than most people. Crunchy pepperoni, crispy bacon, seared chicken, steak can totally have some char on it.

I do love lots of jerky, though.

My kiddo and I fairly frequently split a frozen pizza, and while she used to like pepperoni a lot, for now it's just plain cheese, so I pick it off of her half before putting it in the oven and place them lightly along the outermost edge so they'll get crispy. The interior ones won't crisp before the dough starts to burn, usually even if you pull them up and reset them.

Hit it with the broiler for a minute or two, it will crisp everything up nicely.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    My step dad got a green egg grill and when he is doing steaks or something he tosses a bunch of pepperoni on first for an appetizer.

steam_sig.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like my larlar firm and supple.

• HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    Soft and supple
    Label wrote: »
    whaddaya got for the edges juuust starting to crisp?

This is acceptable.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    Uriel wrote: »
    Pepperoni is the only really good pizza topping

This is a real point of contention for so many people in a group setting.

It's either like, 30% of the people want literally every fucking topping on a pizza and it's a nasty mess, or are just fine with pepperoni or a cheese pizza.

Then there's that 1 person who swears up and down if you get pineapple on the pizza everyone at the party will eat it, and that same person will also claim that "every time we get it, that's the only one that's gone" but they're liars.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    I will eat a pizza with almost any topping on it

I wish I could find someone else around who likes pizza with pineapple on it

I really like it, but I cannot eat more than a couple of slices of any pizza these days

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    bowen wrote: »

It's either like, 30% of the people want literally every fucking topping on a pizza and it's a nasty mess, or are just fine with pepperoni or a cheese pizza.

Then there's that 1 person who swears up and down if you get pineapple on the pizza everyone at the party will eat it, and that same person will also claim that "every time we get it, that's the only one that's gone" but they're liars.

this might be the truest post ever written

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    LarLar

Feel free to order me a Hawaiian (ham and pineapple) and I will eat the whole fucking thing myself.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If people can't agree on pizza toppings then the only answer is to get plain cheese.

Then nobody gets to be happy.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    LarLar
    If you can't appreciate a good cheese pizza, I don't know what to tell you.

sig.gif
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    Plain cheese pizza is one of the best pizza options. I've never been unhappy with plain cheese as an option, even if I occasionally prefer other things.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    If the plain cheese pizza from your local joint is bad, then their pizza is probably bad and the toppings are just covering for the bland ass shitty pizza.

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    I used to work at a pizza joint back in the day and the main cook would put slices of pepperoni along the edge of the oven until they crisped up and snack on them. It totally blew my mind at the time. Such genius. Very crisp. Wow.

Curled and crunchy
    3clipse wrote: »
    If the plain cheese pizza from your local joint is bad, then their pizza is probably bad and the toppings are just covering for the bland ass shitty pizza.

Yup if the cheese can stand alone as a decent pizza at a pizza place, then they make really good pizza.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Curled and crunchy
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    I used to work at a pizza joint back in the day and the main cook would put slices of pepperoni along the edge of the oven until they crisped up and snack on them. It totally blew my mind at the time. Such genius. Very crisp. Wow.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit to getting out a baking tray and slapping down a whole bunch of pepperoni on it and cooking it for a few minutes in the oven once at midnight.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Soft and supple

The only liars are the ones who claim they don't like Hawaiian pizza and then eat all my Hawaiian pizza before I can get to it while leaving the supreme untouched

• CronoColaCronoCola Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    My dad didn't care for pepperoni, so I grew up in a world where pepperoni pizza was a rarity seen only at events or friends' houses, and Hawaiian pizza was the default choice.

Marrying someone who despises pineapple on pizza has turned the tables and brought me more in line with society as a whole. When I see a Hawaiian pizza in the wild I appreciate the boldness of whoever ordered it, and subtly try to eat the entire thing.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Soft and supple
    Do people who don't like pineapple on pizza not like any pineapple? Do they have that weird genetic thing where cilantro tastes like soap?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Other (explain)
    Pineapple as a topping is controversial, but what about pineapple as a bottoming

Slice of pineapple, melt some cheese over it, toss some ham on there

Curled and crunchy
    TheStig wrote: »
    Do people who don't like pineapple on pizza not like any pineapple? Do they have that weird genetic thing where cilantro tastes like soap?

I love pineapple.

I don't like fruit on my pizza.

I think it's a mouthfeel thing but I couldn't describe why I hated it other than "this just tastes gross and weird"

Curled and crunchy
    Pineapple as a topping is controversial, but what about pineapple as a bottoming

Slice of pineapple, melt some cheese over it, toss some ham on there

honestly with the right cheese that sounds fantastic

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    Damn, @CronoCola , I hope you at least say you'll split a pineapple pizza with a co worker instead of just stealing it

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Other (explain)
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I'll take mine crunchy around the edges without having curled up, thanks.

Yeah this is about where I'm at, and seems to be what I usually get.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    Pepperoni, pineapple, red onion.

The perfect pie.

edited January 2020
    I have nothing against plain cheese but I'd always rather have some kind of toppings on it besides cheese.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • CronoColaCronoCola Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    My wife came around to fresh pineapple a couple years back and loves it now, but is still very firmly in the "no pineapple on pizza" camp.

I gently investigate the discrepancy from time to time, as opportunity allows. For her, it seems to come down to:
    • Fresh pineapple is cool and awesome, while canned pineapple has both a weirder texture and worse taste
    • Pizza is a savory dish and pineapple's sweetness should not be anywhere near a savory dish.
    Damn, @CronoCola , I hope you at least say you'll split a pineapple pizza with a co worker instead of just stealing it

Luckily when I've been at things with Hawaiian pizza recently, it's usually big group things where people are a little confused as to why the Hawaiian pizza is there in the first place, so I can humbly enlist myself to take care of the excess.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Curled and crunchy

Too spiky.

Straightzi on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    Pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeno is one of my all-time favorite pizzas. It's got everything, savory, spicy, sweet, salty, cheese, acidic bite.

Curled and crunchy
    Pineapple is a fruit I would not want to eat outside of a savory dish, personally. I find it works best balanced out by some spicier flavors.

I don't do it on pizza very often, but I'll regularly throw it in some fried rice or similar.

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    TheStig wrote: »

I love pineapple.

I don't like fruit on my pizza.

I think it's a mouthfeel thing but I couldn't describe why I hated it other than "this just tastes gross and weird"

Personally, I don't like warm fruit. I also don't like things on pizza that add superfluous liquids to the proceedings, such as pineapple and fresh tomato slices etc.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Curled and crunchy
    Pineapple is good when you get BBQ sauce instead of red sauce. Also just get real bacon on it.

steam_sig.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Soft and supple
    I don't really get people who say fruit shouldn't be on pizza because it's sweet and then bite into a slice with tomato sauce without hesitation.

Do they just not taste the sweetness of the sauce?

Curled and crunchy
    Madican wrote: »
    I don't really get people who say fruit shouldn't be on pizza because it's sweet and then bite into a slice with tomato sauce without hesitation.

half of eating is things matching your expectations

ever get a bite of something you personally like eating in a dish you weren't expecting it in?

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

if your tomato sauce is notably sweet its bad sauce because it has a lot of added sugar

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    Soft and supple
    Confessions of a picky eater:

I'd eat a pizza without cheese, but not one with too much cheese.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Curled and crunchy
    Sorce wrote: »
    If you can't appreciate a good cheese pizza, I don't know what to tell you.

good being the operative word here
    if ya got bad pizza fundamentals other toppings can mask it but cheese pizza will expose you

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Other (explain)
    you can't make me explain