As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Aren't Canadian Destroyers generally safer than most other pile drivers? I can't imagine WWE being cool with them otherwise.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Canadian Destroyers are the most dangerous safe move so it’s popular as as shit.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    just bought tix to the ddt/tjpw mania show 👍

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I take back everything, they should have given Marty the book a long long long time ago

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »

my brands colliding

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    #goingtolakeland is an awful hashtag because lakeland is an awful place

the less time anyone spends in polk county the better off they are

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I think they're counting on out-of-towners buying tickets without actually looking at a map.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Lakeland's also a regular spot that ROH hits once or twice a year, so they've got at least some familiarity with the area crowd. They held Supercard there when WrestleMania was in Orlando a few years ago.

Also, I'm super jealous of how close the WrestleCon and Collective shows are this year, gonna make it so much easier for folks to show-hop than last year.

hailtothekale on
  • Options

who among us has the guts to participate

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hrm

That seems doable as long as the tattoo requirement is "has to include the person in it somehow"

But also I am getting a tattoo with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn on it this week so what do I know

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So this is a bunch of context and tweets, it's long so I'll spoil it
    HHH was a dick to Paige at 1:10 of this going "I'd like to see them live healthy lives....Edge has kids...Paige..you know, she probably has a few she doesn't know of..."

Paige admitted a personal detail previously about her life (she had a miscarriage when she was 17 and can't have kids) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkc2xi81l2M

The "joke" hasn't gone unnoticed, thankfully

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Did...did he think someone would find that funny? Or did he just lose his filter for his Vince + HHH closed door bantering?

It's both bad and an uncommon fuckup from HHH.

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Canadian destroyers look cool but I'd much rather watch Suzuki or Ibushi suddenly go blank face dead eyes and drop someone with a strike.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    The only good canadian destroyer is the one that Orange Cassidy "posed" Blank and Still Life with Apricots and Pears into.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Crippl3 on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Yoshihiko used to be able to pull off some wild canadian destroyers.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    In terms of ridiculously dangerous bumps that no should ever be dumb enough to take but they still do, nothing tops that time Yano suplexed Omega onto the turnbuckle pads.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    People need to stop doing the Canadian Destroyer for a while, I can't believe it's pretty much become a transitional move at this point.

As a lapsed fan coming back, the first time I saw a Canadian Destroyer was... Lucha Bros on Dynamite? And I was like "This is awesome!"

And within a few months it has become "Oh. Even Goldust can do that. OK."

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    The absolute disrespect being shown in this thread to Petey Williams...

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Petey is fine, but I've seen more destroyers this week than I did stunners that time Austin came in and cleared out the WCW invaders.

• Options
    ok i absolutely don’t have the energy to figure out what’s going on between starr and gabe someone sum it up for me and tell me who’s right if anyone

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    ok i absolutely don’t have the energy to figure out what’s going on between starr and gabe someone sum it up for me and tell me who’s right if anyone
    The gist I can see is Gabe is claiming that David Starr's "wokeness" is just a gimmick to get himself over and that he doesn't believe in any of it and also that he decided to cut professional ties with Starr after the "embarrassing" photo of Starr crying at the Holocaust memorial.

Which

Even if some of the stuff about Starr being tough to work with is even true

That is a fucking disgusting thing for Gabe to say

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The whole thing started when Darby went on TiJ and gestured to gabe not paying talent well or on time

Starr has more directly addressed that and gabe is Tweeting Through It

• Options
    Also in the middle of it all someone straight up asked Gabe "cool, now how about you pay your wrestlers" and Gabe responded "but then we lose the tryout spots, it's debatable if anyone really benefits from that"

• Options
    Yeah Gabe basically pulled a FOR EXPOSURE defense by saying there are a handful of spots in shows that go to local indie folks that aren't paid but they don't have the budget for it so if they had to pay them those poor local wrestlers wouldn't get the appearance so he's really helping them out!!

Fuckin barf city

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Crippl3 wrote: »

so happy to see enthusiasm from another shane douglas-head on these boards

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Gabe deleted his tweet so nevermind.

The beginning is the best because Gabe has never once been above stuff and posting through it.

Magell on
  • Options
    The gist I can see is Gabe is claiming that David Starr's "wokeness" is just a gimmick to get himself over and that he doesn't believe in any of it and also that he decided to cut professional ties with Starr after the "embarrassing" photo of Starr crying at the Holocaust memorial.

Which

But isn't Starr typically a heel? Like a really awful shitty narcissist heel?

And he regularly trashes promotions that would be significant off-ramps for his career?

But he's just doing all of this for the attention and to get over with crowds in church cafeterias?

Ok sure.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I used to love the Canadian Destroyer when Petey was the only one doing it, and I loved Trevor Murdoch's as well just because of the incongruity of seeing someone his size do it. But it has definitely lost a lot since everyone does them now.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Which

I am married to a Jewish woman and had the honor and privilege of being with her and her family at Yad Vashem, so have no doubt that it comes from the bottom of my heart when I say, "Fuck you, Gabe."

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Joey Ryan posted and then deleted a shitty tweet about Twitter outrage not being real and not really mattering, most likely in reference to the whole Tessa thing.

Rightfully got dragged for it and disappointing to see it from him.

Ha, he even deleted his follow up tweet about Twitter winning.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm done with all wrestling Joeys

• Options
    Jesus it is really the time for wrestling people to just expose their whole asses on the internet huh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    what did Joey Janella do

• Options
    What about Joey Samoey

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

even J&J Security?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what did Joey Janella do
    Joey Janella has been moderately scummy for a while just not in super overt ways

Shit like referring to female fans as ring rats and the like

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.