As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well my brother is happy they may of fixed Grey Knights!
    Sadly he wants that store opening chaplain in terminator armor for this grey knights chaplain

I'm sorry, the what?
    This
    s-l300.jpg

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I am sad that I do not have this, yet glad I do not have to paint it.

Is it plastic?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    So.

Purgator Squad w/4 Psicannons - 101
    Librarian that you were taking anyway - 101
    Drogo that you were taking anyway - 180

Put Drogo in deepstrike. When you're ready to GO HARD, drop him ~11-26" from The Thing You Want Very Dead.

Put yourself in Tide of Convergence. Buff the Purgators with Astral Aim. Use Gate of Infinity to yeet your Purgator Squad 9-24" out of LOS from The Thing You Want Very Dead. Spend 2CP for Psychic Onslaught. Dump 16 S9 AP-2 D2 shots, rerolling hits, ignoring cover. Laugh maniacally as you gib a (non-Executioner, non-Land Raider) tank.

uH3IcEi.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Is it plastic?

It is. I scored one for msrp from a guy who was unloading a bunch a long while ago, and to my eternal shame it still sits half painted on my desk.

Monwyn wrote: »
    So.

Put Drogo in deepstrike. When you're ready to GO HARD, drop him ~11-26" from The Thing You Want Very Dead.

Put yourself in Tide of Convergence. Buff the Purgators with Astral Aim. Use Gate of Infinity to yeet your Purgator Squad 9-24" out of LOS from The Thing You Want Very Dead. Spend 2CP for Psychic Onslaught. Dump 16 S9 AP-2 D2 shots, rerolling hits, ignoring cover. Laugh maniacally as you gib a (non-Executioner, non-Land Raider) tank.

Why is Drogo there, though?

• MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    So.

Hit rerolls. I don't play GK but as far as I can tell he's the only source of shooting rerolls in the army.

uH3IcEi.png
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Any Grandmaster lets you reroll 1s, Draigo has the chapter master level reroll-all though. Also note GK players never take Librarians, and the Purgators will have -1 to hit from moving.

But yes, I think the +1 Str +1 Damage really helps Psycannons and Psylincers be useful. The numbers are still pretty subpar compared to modern competitive armies and I really wish that Terminators at least could move and shoot Heavy weapons without penalty, but that's a really solid buff the army needed. I wish they just changed the weapons stats innately rather than making you choose it as your special trait but I'll take anything I can get, lol.

So.

Hit rerolls. I don't play GK but as far as I can tell he's the only source of shooting rerolls in the army.

Any grandmaster can help reroll ones, shooting or fight. Or is Drogo about reroll failed hits (as opposed to just ones)?

Is it plastic?

Yes and often recast

So.

Any grandmaster can help reroll ones, shooting or fight. Or is Drogo about reroll failed hits (as opposed to just ones)?

Reroll all misses.

uH3IcEi.png
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Any Grandmaster lets you reroll 1s, Draigo has the chapter master level reroll-all though. Also note GK players never take Librarians, and the Purgators will have -1 to hit from moving.

But yes, I think the +1 Str +1 Damage really helps Psycannons and Psylincers be useful. The numbers are still pretty subpar compared to modern competitive armies and I really wish that Terminators at least could move and shoot Heavy weapons without penalty, but that's a really solid buff the army needed. I wish they just changed the weapons stats innately rather than making you choose it as your special trait but I'll take anything I can get, lol.

Changing the not-doctrine is a psychic power rather than a chapter trait, and you're going to have just really a whole lot of psykers anyway. Being able to switch between the +1S +1D and Shroudpsalm++ is real good.

uH3IcEi.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Well my brother is happy they may of fixed Grey Knights!
    Sadly he wants that store opening chaplain in terminator armor for this grey knights chaplain

I'm sorry, the what?

This guy:
    ngkw0z4cwoh8.jpg

Edit: whoops, didn't see there was another page when I wrote this reply, sorry.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Was on the other side of town and couldn't find a copy of Space Marine Adventures: Labyrinth of the Necrons anywhere. I saw a Warhammer Community post about it apparently going to be in Target, but no dice here and no luck at the Barnes and Noble here either.

Having said that, apparently it came out in 2018, not 2020? Meh. $40 for the 5 Japan-exclusive Space Marine Heroes is a bit much but I think they'd work good in a Kill Team.

Did stop by hobby lobby and picked up some of their house brand brushes. A "Velvetouch Synthetic C3950R-1 Round 1," and a "Master's Touch Soft Taklon JY-2122-0 Round 0" The Velvetouch, despite being synthetic, is pretty good. Nice spring to the tip and I was able to do detail work even with it.

Finished the Sicarian Infiltrator I've had on my desk for a while. It's not as good as I had hoped, but some learning. Definitely using subassemblies going forward.

c7d1uxuvx3w3.png
    4n8q5b7qghev.png

Went with Iron Warriors on the cybernetics, and Leadbelcher for hydrollics and pipes and the like. Honestly there's not as much contrast as I would like. Need to touch up the pants, too, probably going to do so with this Black Grey I have from Vallejo and then nuln oil them.

Tossed some paint on my 10 Rangers. the guns being in the way is a huge pain in the ass. Subassemblies. Definitely subassemblies.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    DA superdoctrine supposedly is +6 range for heavy and rapid fire weapons, +3 range for assault and pistol while devastor doctrine is active.

Also a bunch of stratagems for deathwing and ravenwing.

For example deepstrike deathwing wholly within 6" of a ravenwing unit and it only has to be 6" away from enemy units.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So T-Sons preview is up. I can't link as I am at work but I saw:

1) Psychic power that returns models, not heals but full models. If cast with a 9+ you d3 models back. Infantry only.
    2)A redeploy command trait
    3)An artifact that let's you change dice on psychic spells. So you can turn your 1s into 6s and your opponents 6s into 1s with in 18".
    4)A single rubicae unit can be placed with 9" of your opponents deployment/models before the game starts.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    I've just started collecting some 40k stuff since Christmas and I was wondering if I could solicit some recommendations/feedback.

I'm leaning toward building either Raven Guard, Dark Angels, or a successor chapter from one or the other. As I understand, Raven Guard are kind of "hot" right now and Dark Angels less so (but they have some update coming?). Does anyone have insight that I should consider when deciding? What is the difference between the successor chapters or the chapter as written?

On the advice of a friend who plays, I currently have 3 squads of Eliminators, a Lieutenant in Phobos armor, 2 squads of infiltrators, 2 squads of suppressors, a librarian in phobos armor, and an Invictor war suit. I think these probably lend themselves more to Raven Guard than Dark Angels (as I understand, they are more focused on bikes, fliers, terminators and plasma). I haven't bought a captain yet - I have heard people recommend building a "smash captain" but not sure how to go about this (I understand this isn't a particular mini that exists for purchase by itself).

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
    I've just started collecting some 40k stuff since Christmas and I was wondering if I could solicit some recommendations/feedback.

I'm leaning toward building either Raven Guard, Dark Angels, or a successor chapter from one or the other. As I understand, Raven Guard are kind of "hot" right now and Dark Angels less so (but they have some update coming?). Does anyone have insight that I should consider when deciding? What is the difference between the successor chapters or the chapter as written?

On the advice of a friend who plays, I currently have 3 squads of Eliminators, a Lieutenant in Phobos armor, 2 squads of infiltrators, 2 squads of suppressors, a librarian in phobos armor, and an Invictor war suit. I think these probably lend themselves more to Raven Guard than Dark Angels (as I understand, they are more focused on bikes, fliers, terminators and plasma). I haven't bought a captain yet - I have heard people recommend building a "smash captain" but not sure how to go about this (I understand this isn't a particular mini that exists for purchase by itself).

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Raven Guard are hot because they have amazing rules.

DA have mediocore rules and are getting a bit of an update to move them inline with the other loyalist Space Marines but their unique units are still old tiny marines mostly. From what you have I would stick Raven Guard or Raven Guard successor. The successor rules in Codex:Space marines are super flexible and you choose who the parent chapter was so you gain access to their super doctrine, stratagems, and relics (with a stratagem use).

Dark Angels are not part of Codex:Space Marines but have their own codex. For play style they focus on bikes/flyers (ravenwing) or terminators (deathwing) or old marines/primaris(greenwing). They have a lot of stuff around plasma but their rules even at release were just okay and are really showing their age.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    DA superdoctrine supposedly is +6 range for heavy and rapid fire weapons, +3 range for assault and pistol while devastor doctrine is active.

Also a bunch of stratagems for deathwing and ravenwing.

For example deepstrike deathwing wholly within 6" of a ravenwing unit and it only has to be 6" away from enemy units.

Hmmm. Sounds pretty credible. Where did you hear this from? Also, do you know what the additional attribute for Grim Resolve will be? I'm suspecting 5+ Overwatch.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

1) Psychic power that returns models, not heals but full models. If cast with a 9+ you d3 models back. Infantry only.
    3)An artifact that let's you change dice on psychic spells. So you can turn your 1s into 6s and your opponents 6s into 1s with in 18".
    4)A single rubicae unit can be placed with 9" of your opponents deployment/models before the game starts.

That artifact is really strong. Like maths breakingly strong. Its any dice, so it means you can never perils on a double one, and making it so every dice in your rolls has two sixes on it, well...

Oops, look what I dropped!

Doctrine kicker: While in Devastator Doctrine, Heavy and Rapid Fire weapons get +6" range, Assault and Pistol weapons get +3" range

DW Warlord Traits:
    1. DW units within 6" reroll melee wounds versus CHARACTERS or models with 8+ Wounds
    2. Wound rolls of 1 -3 automatically fail.
    3. Once per battle may Deny the Witch, unlimited range, auto pass

RW Warlord Traits:
    1. RW units within 6" move and fire heavy at no penalty and Advance and fire Assault at no penalty
    2. Once per battle at start of round, select an inactive Doctrine, RW units within 6" may use that instead of the active
    3. Start of first round, Warlord and one other RW unit may move up to 12", no Advance, must stay outside of 9"

Stratagems:
    A bunch of the vanilla SM Codex Stratagems (incluing Vet Intercessors and their shooty ones)
    Combined Assault (2 CP): Teleporting unit of DW may set up within 6" of a friendly RW unit that hasn't Advanced and outside of 6" from enemy
    High Speed Focus (1 CP):  RW unit targeted by shooting counts as having Jinked that turn.
    Full Throttle (1 CP): RW unit that just moved immediately moves again, may not shoot or charge that turn
    Targeting Guidance (1 CP): Pick an enemy unit within 12" of a RW Land Speder and visible, DA units may reroll shooting hits against it this phase.
    Outnumbered Never Outmatched (1 CP): DW unit chosen to fight gets +1 A when fighting enemy unit of 10 or more models
    Evasive Assault (1 CP): RW unit that charged or has been charged is chosen as a target, it gets 5++

Relics
    Reliquiary of the Repenant: RW Bike only, Enemy models within 3" reduce invul by 1 to minimum 6++
    Corvus Occuls: Talonmaster, +6" to range weapons and +1 to hit with range weapons
    Standard of the Unforgiven Hunt: RW Ancient, +1 Advance/cherge for RW within 6"
    Blade of Burden: DW Master w/ power sword, S+2 AP-4, D2, natural wound of 6 is 2 MW
    Pennant of the Remeberance: DW Ancient, 5+ Fnp for DW INFANTRY within 6"
    ???? - DW only, +1 S and A

Special Issue Wargear
    Adamantite Mantle, Artificer Armor, Mastercrafted Weapon, Digital Weapons
    Arbititer Gaze: Ignores shooting and BS penalties, Overwatches on full BS
    Angel's Ambit: +3" to aura abilities
    Bolt of Judgement: pick a bolt weapon, it may fire a bolt of judgment, makes one attack at AP -2 and 3 D, wounds on 2+ excpet Vehicles/Monsters 6+

Lazarus
    Standard Primaris Master Line (W6 A5)
    Emity's Edge S+2 AP -4 Dd3, reroll wound and damage vs Psyker
    Spiritshield Helm: 6" 5+ FnP versus MW aura (or something similar)
    Intractable Will: Built in Only In Death Does Duty End

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    So do TS only get one new power and trait for every detachment or are that only example psychic powers?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

That artifact is really strong. Like maths breakingly strong. Its any dice, so it means you can never perils on a double one, and making it so every dice in your rolls has two sixes on it, well...

I dunno if it's that good, you can only change a 1 or a 6 to the inverse so it's not like every roll will suddenly give a super smite. It's definitely strong but I wouldn't have thought it'd be game breaking.

honovere wrote: »
    So do TS only get one new power and trait for every detachment or are that only example psychic powers?

Who knows. It seems like the stratagems are separate from the Cult stuff.

Burnage wrote: »

I dunno if it's that good, you can only change a 1 or a 6 to the inverse so it's not like every roll will suddenly give a super smite. It's definitely strong but I wouldn't have thought it'd be game breaking.

Someone pointed out that it is change the roll post reroll. It is immensely powerful in specific instances.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Someone pointed out that it is change the roll post reroll. It is immensely powerful in specific instances.

So, it pushes the average roll of a dice from 3.5 to 4.3. That means 2d6 goes from a 7 average to 8.6. That’s effectively +1 to cast to all your psykers in range. Better still it’s -1 to cast to all enemy casters. This in a faction that is already running multiple +1 to cast psykers.

Add in it removes one of the two ways to perils, and it’s basically the best Tsons relic. Of course, the subfaction it’s in could suck, but it’s a good start.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I seem to remember someone here illuminating the face on a Knight Castellan but Im not sure.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I seem to remember someone here illuminating the face on a Knight Castellan but Im not sure.

Stragint I think

No-Quarter wrote: »
    Oops, look what I dropped!

Doctrine kicker: While in Devastator Doctrine, Heavy and Rapid Fire weapons get +6" range, Assault and Pistol weapons get +3" range

DW Warlord Traits:
    1. DW units within 6" reroll melee wounds versus CHARACTERS or models with 8+ Wounds
    2. Wound rolls of 1 -3 automatically fail.
    3. Once per battle may Deny the Witch, unlimited range, auto pass

RW Warlord Traits:
    1. RW units within 6" move and fire heavy at no penalty and Advance and fire Assault at no penalty
    2. Once per battle at start of round, select an inactive Doctrine, RW units within 6" may use that instead of the active
    3. Start of first round, Warlord and one other RW unit may move up to 12", no Advance, must stay outside of 9"

Stratagems:
    A bunch of the vanilla SM Codex Stratagems (incluing Vet Intercessors and their shooty ones)
    Combined Assault (2 CP): Teleporting unit of DW may set up within 6" of a friendly RW unit that hasn't Advanced and outside of 6" from enemy
    High Speed Focus (1 CP):  RW unit targeted by shooting counts as having Jinked that turn.
    Full Throttle (1 CP): RW unit that just moved immediately moves again, may not shoot or charge that turn
    Targeting Guidance (1 CP): Pick an enemy unit within 12" of a RW Land Speder and visible, DA units may reroll shooting hits against it this phase.
    Outnumbered Never Outmatched (1 CP): DW unit chosen to fight gets +1 A when fighting enemy unit of 10 or more models
    Evasive Assault (1 CP): RW unit that charged or has been charged is chosen as a target, it gets 5++

Relics
    Reliquiary of the Repenant: RW Bike only, Enemy models within 3" reduce invul by 1 to minimum 6++
    Corvus Occuls: Talonmaster, +6" to range weapons and +1 to hit with range weapons
    Standard of the Unforgiven Hunt: RW Ancient, +1 Advance/cherge for RW within 6"
    Blade of Burden: DW Master w/ power sword, S+2 AP-4, D2, natural wound of 6 is 2 MW
    Pennant of the Remeberance: DW Ancient, 5+ Fnp for DW INFANTRY within 6"
    ???? - DW only, +1 S and A

Special Issue Wargear
    Adamantite Mantle, Artificer Armor, Mastercrafted Weapon, Digital Weapons
    Arbititer Gaze: Ignores shooting and BS penalties, Overwatches on full BS
    Angel's Ambit: +3" to aura abilities
    Bolt of Judgement: pick a bolt weapon, it may fire a bolt of judgment, makes one attack at AP -2 and 3 D, wounds on 2+ excpet Vehicles/Monsters 6+

Lazarus
    Standard Primaris Master Line (W6 A5)
    Emity's Edge S+2 AP -4 Dd3, reroll wound and damage vs Psyker
    Spiritshield Helm: 6" 5+ FnP versus MW aura (or something similar)
    Intractable Will: Built in Only In Death Does Duty End

Who knows if this is real, but that RW Bike may actually make a Ravenwing Bike Captain the straight-up best smash captain holy crap

uH3IcEi.png

Who knows if this is real, but that RW Bike may actually make a Ravenwing Bike Captain the straight-up best smash captain holy crap

If it IS fake, then it's a really clever fake.

The DW/RW combo strat is really good too

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Someone pointed out that the GK rules allow them to change their Tide mid-battle, and are the only faction that can really do that.

Will it be enough to make them something more than a meme tier army?

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So I finally had some time to sit down and start converting some primaris into cybergs using that Titanicus kit.

This Chapter Ancient has seen some hard combat...

sgqglap3i4n8.jpg

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Stragint I think

Yea, it was me.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Oh all the previews for T-Sons are here.

https://imgur.com/a/AuqD7i6/

So T-Sons can redeploy at will. That is nuts.

Some really good stuff in here.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mine is cool
    d59wvaobvc5c.jpg
    For being a Black Templar I wanted someone to keep their cool

Oh all the previews for T-Sons are here.

https://imgur.com/a/AuqD7i6/

So T-Sons can redeploy at will. That is nuts.

Some really good stuff in here.

More Command Point farming.... Hmmmmm. Casting Veil of Darkness Dark Matter Crystal as a spell is pretty baller.

Being able to swap the Transports and its crew around is bonkers. Like... here's my unit of Rubrics with Warpflamers in a Land Raider! JUST KIDDING they're over here now.

I never thought I would live in a world where a possessed deathstar is a thing.

https://youtu.be/mxu0YX_i5Bo

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Stragint I think

Yea, it was me.

Getting ready to do something similar, do you have any images or video you worked with?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Stragint I think

Yea, it was me.

Getting ready to do something similar, do you have any images or video you worked with?

I do not, I Just kind of went with what seemed right when I was doing mine. I can take some pictures of how my is setup though if you want.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.

Stragint I think

Yea, it was me.

I do not, I Just kind of went with what seemed right when I was doing mine. I can take some pictures of how my is setup though if you want.

That would be fantastic

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg