As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Lately I've been having quasi-sleep paralysis? I've had full-on sleep paralysis before, but it stopped happening around the time I turned 20, so I know what that feels like.

I'll wake up in my darkened room and I'll be very groggy, but I don't have the feeling that I can't move my limbs, and most importantly I'll hallucinate someone in my room. Once it was a woman standing next to my bed, another time it was a man sitting over me on my bed. They always fade away after a second and some blinking. I would hallucinate creatures when I had sleep paralysis, but never just people.

The weirdest feeling is the fear response I get. When I'd have full-on sleep paralysis there was this strange, heightened sense of frantic fear in my head. It was distinct from the normal fear I feel in waking life, but with these new hallucinations I get a very normal fight-or-flight fear response.

jgeis on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Ghost Adventures Screaming Room is on. It has the Island of the Dolls.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I will say I enjoy those buzzfeed ghost hunting videos, due to the extreme sarcasm with which they are produced, but man buzzfeed needs to like...I dunno I do not think "I survived the Aurora shooting" is the same sort of spooky vibe as the Moth Man maybe I'm crazy

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    I will say I enjoy those buzzfeed ghost hunting videos, due to the extreme sarcasm with which they are produced, but man buzzfeed needs to like...I dunno I do not think "I survived the Aurora shooting" is the same sort of spooky vibe as the Moth Man maybe I'm crazy

Yeah. They are kinda doing real life horror now and that stuff is a little too rough.

I guess I'm definitely more afraid of being shot to death by some sort of internet monster than the Moth Man, who could deny that

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Theres a podcast I listen to and it went from horror to true crime a short way in and the host kind of regrets that shift now

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The first episode of Last Podcast on the Left I listened to was the Joseph Mengele one, just after I found out a guy I know and have been very flirty with in the past disclosed to me he'd recently found out he may be blood-related to him, one of the worst, must evil people in the past century.

My friend was very distraught and I spent a good amount of time reassuring him he didn't have even a hint of a shadow of that kind of darkness in him that I could see.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I was fascinated by mengele when I was younger, as severely depressed teens are want to do

he was not human

Oh well I dont know if we get off that easy my friend almost all evidence strongly indicates Dr. Mengele was as human as you or Fred Rogers it's all very distasteful when considered at length

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I was fascinated by mengele when I was younger, as severely depressed teens are want to do

he was not human

He's a fascinating man, in the same way that cancer is really cool from a purely scientific perspective.

All the worst monsters are human. It's best we not forget that.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Uh, the worst monster is Grogloxax the Insatiable

You just believe that because of party politics. You'll find most of Groglax's supposed "crimes" are exaggerated by the survivors of his genocidal ravaging purges and slave harvests.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

You just believe that because of party politics. You'll find most of Groglax's supposed "crimes" are exaggerated by the survivors of his genocidal ravaging purges and slave harvests.

How soon people forget about the Primordial Seven-Headed Herald of Woe. Which is for the best, I guess, since merely knowing its true name condemns your spirit to its many-mawed gullet.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

How soon people forget about the Primordial Seven-Headed Herald of Woe. Which is for the best, I guess, since merely knowing its true name condemns your spirit to its many-mawed gullet.

Agwahahfghsghhgghgh

VayBJ4e.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

You mean Bob?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg

You mean Bob?

DON'T SPEAK HIS TRUE NAME YOU MADMAN! IT COULD SUMMON H-huuuukkkkkkkkkk

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Does anyone remember an SCP that was about, I think, a lost old Mickey Mouse cartoon that had like a melting background and skeletons and stuff? I can not find it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

You mean Bob?

Listen all I was trying to say was Candlejack, I don't see what's such a big

• L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone remember an SCP that was about, I think, a lost old Mickey Mouse cartoon that had like a melting background and skeletons and stuff? I can not find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_h1dY66Rm4

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_h1dY66Rm4

Yeah that's it. What is it from?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I think it was just made by someone at Something Awful?

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

You mean Bob?

Saying Candlejack what a rook

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Funny you ask that. I don't believe it's real, just made as a creepy pasta. But here's an 11 minute video explaining!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toh4RygMp4E

I like me some Local58.

Psychosis is horrific. It is like reality is corrupted.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

You mean Bob?

Saying Candlejack what a rook

Wait, are you not supposed to say candlejack out loud? Does som

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Psychosis is horrific. It is like reality is corrupted.

it's probably the worst thing I can think of.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Oh man I just woke up from a bizarre dream.

So the whole premise was a halloween contest with a bunch of people to see who could come up with the spookiest thing or item. It was fairly goofy in that dream manner. Like, it started out as a sort of Office-esque sitcom bit. My item was a bog standard haunted painting but it came with... a song? As sung by Stephen Colbert I think? Again, goofy dream stuff.

But what made this weird is I apparently came up with a fairly long, fully versed song in my head and when it was being sung the whole mood of the dream changed. I don't really remember the lyrics but it seemed to be about someone who died in the Great War singing about how he's dead and all.

The dream moved in dream manner from an auditorium full of costumed mooks to a sort of psuedo version of my grandparents house in the woods where I was standing out in the leaves, alone, and apparently now singing the song myself. The only part of the lyrics I remember was the main hook and what the song ended on:

Give a kiss to the devil
    He visited me here just the other night

Which doesn't make any sense in context of the rest of the dream but I guess dreams rarely do. Anyway, that part was sang with such an ominous spookiness and the change in location was creepy enough that I got this major feeling of uneasiness that was enough to wake me up.

There was some SCP involving lost Doctor Who episodes.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

So the whole premise was a halloween contest with a bunch of people to see who could come up with the spookiest thing or item. It was fairly goofy in that dream manner. Like, it started out as a sort of Office-esque sitcom bit. My item was a bog standard haunted painting but it came with... a song? As sung by Stephen Colbert I think? Again, goofy dream stuff.

But what made this weird is I apparently came up with a fairly long, fully versed song in my head and when it was being sung the whole mood of the dream changed. I don't really remember the lyrics but it seemed to be about someone who died in the Great War singing about how he's dead and all.

The dream moved in dream manner from an auditorium full of costumed mooks to a sort of psuedo version of my grandparents house in the woods where I was standing out in the leaves, alone, and apparently now singing the song myself. The only part of the lyrics I remember was the main hook and what the song ended on:

Give a kiss to the devil

Which doesn't make any sense in context of the rest of the dream but I guess dreams rarely do. Anyway, that part was sang with such an ominous spookiness and the change in location was creepy enough that I got this major feeling of uneasiness that was enough to wake me up.

I looooove when our dream minds come up with creative works!

Once I dreamed up an opera, and I can still remember a pivotal scene where the heroine beheads the evil king (whom she nevertheless loves as a father) then sings the lines

"Let this black city run red with blood"

While a red rain falls on stage around the singer.

Someday I'm going to make a painting of it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »

Give a kiss to the devil

I looooove when our dream minds come up with creative works!

Once I dreamed up an opera, and I can still remember a pivotal scene where the heroine beheads the evil king (whom she nevertheless loves as a father) then sings the lines

"Let this black city run red with blood"

While a red rain falls on stage around the singer.

Someday I'm going to make a painting of it.

How very operatic

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I had a dream I've been adapting into a D&D campaign.

It was about an alien society that had two sentient rspecies, one strong and dumb, one smart and weak, and society was based on the smart class running everything and ruling and the strong class doing all the manual labour essentially as endentured servents.

Thing is they're both actually the same species, the smart ones have just been genetically engineering both races for centuries to stay in power. It would be a wonderful rise up rebellion story, but the party would have to figure it all out and pick a side

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    How Juliane Koepcke Survived A Plane Crash And 11 Days Alone In The Amazon 9:32
    https://youtu.be/eDyTyszVyCM

Huh that's weird, me and my colleagues were talking about her the other day.....

Spooky

Apparently, the nes game called Taboo: The Sixth Sense predicted a child's death.