As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Captain [MARVEL] Vs. The Evil Avengers

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    It is less Marvel I trust and more Leah Williams who is a very, very vocal trans (and LGBTQ folks in general) ally and has talked about speaking with trans folks to handle issues correctly in the past

Additionally, every trans person has their own views on the issue. That twitter person may have phrased it wrong but if, like, I was given the choice of trading in my current body for one I feel comfortable in from the jump versus having to take daily hormones and maybe surgery to feel more at home in my own skin

I would not hesitate for a moment.

I think it is a fair angle to explore, especially given how basically non-existent trans stories are in superhero books

I also think it's important to let creators tell these kinds of stories too, even knowing they might occasionally fuck something up.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Honestly with Ilyana being confirmed to be queer, Kate and Emma having an EXTREMELY gay scene in the latest Marauders and the very heavy hints at the Logan/Scott/Jean poly thing

I am really hoping this is just the Queerest X-Era ever

Also, specifically, give me Kate and Ilyana GODDAMMIT

Speaking of Emma I saw a thing recently that pointed out that Emma is from Boston and mused on the idea of writing her lines phonetically and also what if she was just a huge sports nerd like and it was special.

rbm6aeh2j8jc.png
    ra78iiaox0cm.png

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I believe in her ancient solo origin story books she actually purposefully ironed out all the masshole on top of plastic surgery.

But fuck that give me masshole TOUWCHDOWN TAWMY Emma Frost right fucking now, shoot it into my veins.

Transporter on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    IIRC Emma doesn't like where she came from and that motivated her to become who she is

So if anything, she'd be a Yankees fan and/or stan for Eli Manning

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    IIRC Emma doesn't like where she came from and that motivated her to become who she is

So if anything, she'd be a Yankees fan and/or stan for Eli Manning

I feel like that would be the case until like, the second Red Sox World Series.

Patriots fan during the 18-1 season(for one season), getting off, until the Atlanta Superbowl. After which she has a prolific collection of hoodies and Tom Brady alternate jerseys.

• Options
    Nah, Emma dancing in her Manning jersey around a dumbfounded Cyke watching the replay of the helmet catch is my new favorite Emma Frost moment

god I am so mad they got broken up

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Just.. Emma as The White Queen 24/7 until it comes time to talk trash about Boston is so perfect to me

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Emma ain't from Boston, she's from like Newton or something. Not the sort of place you get a Boston accent from.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Emma ain't from Boston, she's from like Newton or something. Not the sort of place you get a Boston accent from.

FFF oh no the Yankees/Giants thing checks out then.

I still think there is a universe where Emma super leans into everything Bawston even though she’s tangentially from there.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I see "Emma Frost, the White Queen" as very much a person of her own creation. She's made a deliberate break from her origins, whatever they are.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I

Wouldn't say it is a complete break from her origins, more from some of her family

She comes from a rich, snobby family of jerks and was classically educated

She is very much a product of that upbringing. Plus, her brother is an active part of her life again

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Her brother Deacon?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    No, Jack Frost as played by Michael Keaton.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Ringo wrote: »
    Nah, Emma dancing in her Manning jersey around a dumbfounded Cyke watching the replay of the helmet catch is my new favorite Emma Frost moment

god I am so mad they got broken up

I’m not entirely sure they’re broken up anymore, Emma said something to Scott recently post-krakoa like “that’s why I love you” plus the Scott-jean-logan polycule makes me think it’s actually four-person

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    New X-Factor series by Leah Williams and David Baldeon

DxfWnRjl.jpg

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/1/13/21060674/marvel-comics-new-x-men-series-x-factor-leah-williams
    The next wrinkle in the unfolding story of the X-Men is all about the newest mutant power: unlimited resurrection. Polygon can exclusively announce the next book to join Marvel’s expanding X-Men slate is X-Factor, and partly about the Five, a group of characters whose powers combine to create the miracle of mutant immortality.

But it’s mostly about a new team of Krakoan operatives, comprised of the speedy Northstar, one of Marvel’s earliest openly queer characters; the all-seeing Eye Boy; the telepathic Rachel Grey; the polymath Prodigy; the magnetic Polaris; and Daken, Wolverine’s disaster son. They are X-Factor, and their job is to investigate and confirm mutant deaths — but not to avenge them.

That’s because the Five resurrect a mutant by creating a new body for them, and telepathically implanting a backup of their mind and personality. In the new series, X-Factor will hunt down missing mutants to confirm their deaths, so that the Five never run the risk of creating a duplicate of a living mutant — because that’s a big no no.

FUCK

YES

I LOVE THIS LINEUP

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Wait, is Madonna in the Marvel comics?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Wait, is Madonna in the Marvel comics?

The Celestial Madonna was supposed to give birth to the Celestial Messiah; a being that destined to change the universe. This wound up being Mantis mating with a tree-man (who had taken the form of then deceased Avenger Swordsman) and producing Sequoia, who so far hasn't really lived up to his title.

EDIT: IIRC, the Treeman was a Cotati, who were the species who evolved on Hala alongside the Kree, so that might play into the Kree/Skrull stuff of Empyre.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Marvel Studios' Black Widow | Special Look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1eykFE1fSA

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Good to see their doubling down on the fat jokes. :razz:

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The "doctor strange 2 is being destroyed by diversity" 4chan rumor going around is pretty funny

It claims derrickson wanted to open the movie with christine, wong, and the cape all being murdered but feige wouldn't allow it because of political corectness and they got into a screaming match over how much wanda should be in the film

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I can believe the last part. Any Wanda is too much.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Man what

MCU Wanda especially is great

• Options
    New titles announced for April

How to Read Comics the Marvel way, by Chris Hastings and Scott Koblish. It follows Spidey who has been trapped in a comic book by Mysterio and has to learn the inner workings and structures of comics as a medium to escape.

Giant-Size X-Men: Nightcrawler by Jonathan Hickman and Alan Davis, featuring Kurt leading a mission to a Krakoan habitat that has mysteriously fallen out of contact.

Taskmaster by Jed McKay and Alessandro Vitti. Taskmaster has been framed for the murder of Maria Hill and is now the most wanted man on the planet, on the run to clear his name.

Widowmakers: Yelena Belova and Red Guardian, by Devin Grayson and Michele Bandini, which had the two forgotten Russian heroes returning onto the global espionage scene to find their place in a world that has left them behind.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I wonder if the Task Master mini will follow up on the whole "former shield agent who forgot he went undercover" thing from his mini years ago.

I don't think it's been touched since then?

• Options
    That mini is

Frustrating

Because it is super fuckin fun and hilarious and just a good time

But that retcon just doesn't work for Taskmaster at all and it is good that it's been largely ignored

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The whole 'learning new skills wipes part of his memory' bit has popped up like once since then but I don't think the rest of it has.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    New titles announced for April

How to Read Comics the Marvel way, by Chris Hastings and Scott Koblish. It follows Spidey who has been trapped in a comic book by Mysterio and has to learn the inner workings and structures of comics as a medium to escape.

Giant-Size X-Men: Nightcrawler by Jonathan Hickman and Alan Davis, featuring Kurt leading a mission to a Krakoan habitat that has mysteriously fallen out of contact.

Taskmaster by Jed McKay and Alessandro Vitti. Taskmaster has been framed for the murder of Maria Hill and is now the most wanted man on the planet, on the run to clear his name.

Widowmakers: Yelena Belova and Red Guardian, by Devin Grayson and Michele Bandini, which had the two forgotten Russian heroes returning onto the global espionage scene to find their place in a world that has left them behind.

Is Spidey gonna get bailed out by gwenpool?

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I love using comics as a way to talk about comics as an art form, so I really hope the How to Read Comics is good.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Her brother Deacon?

Yes she's helping him get over his desire to ice skate uphill.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Her brother Deacon?

Yes she's helping him get over his desire to ice skate uphill.

Motherfucker.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    so apparently Teen Cable is going to be dating the Stepford Cuckoos.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2020/01/14/exclusive-marvel-first-look-cable-2/
    The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, does it? Here’s what Cable writer Gerry Duggan had to say about the image:

“Here we have a fantastic Noto portrait of a young man that has bitten off more than he can chew. When you date one Cuckoo, you date them all. Come to Krakoa! It makes Hawaii feel like Hoboken.“

• Options
    That's

Huh

I mean yay more non-traditional relationships I suppose but huh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I wish they had Kept the cuckoos being slightly independent

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    they are going to eat that boy alive

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I love that, it's such a good weird comic books take on non-monogamous relationships

• Options
    I wish they had Kept the cuckoos being slightly independent
    Judging from one of them not being particularly thrilled on the cover I am guessing the will be distinct folks but still super connected

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    so apparently Teen Cable is going to be dating the Stepford Cuckoos.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2020/01/14/exclusive-marvel-first-look-cable-2/
    The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, does it? Here’s what Cable writer Gerry Duggan had to say about the image:

“Here we have a fantastic Noto portrait of a young man that has bitten off more than he can chew. When you date one Cuckoo, you date them all. Come to Krakoa! It makes Hawaii feel like Hoboken.“

someone listened to that Spice Girls PUTJ

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I feel bad for the Cuckoos, this is some monkey paw shit

"You're gonna get some spotlight and some characterization, but you also have to date this lifeless doll built on the ashes of a better character."

It's like being paired with nuLobo

Or Wraith

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Nah Kid Cable fo LYFE.

It is some monkey paw shit tho.

This discussion has been closed.