As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chris Terrio, [Rise of Skywalker] writer, shops at Goop.com - open spoilers!

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm just going to take the ideas I like from this script and add it to my headcanon script I've been writing ever since this thing came out

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Just Kylo Ren moping in his grandpa's castle while his uncle just mercilessly shits on him is very good

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    LUKE SAID SEE YOU AROUND KID AND THEN HE NEVER SAW HIM AROUND

well technically since Rey was all the Jedis not only did he see Ben he had a sick deathbed makeout session

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Mark Hamill's got practice at it too, see Arkham Knight

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Think about it Yoda's force ghost presence got to ride along for a Ben Skywalker smooch

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Think about it Yoda's force ghost presence got to ride along for a Ben Skywalker smooch

I'd rather not

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    release the treverrow cut

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    release the treverrow cut

It made a woman cry fans on reddit will love it

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The idea of 6 people stealing a Star Destroyer makes me feel good for my future Star Wars RPG plans of having a group steal an old Venator

• Options
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I like Kylo lying to Rey about her parents

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    The Kylo killing Rey's parents thing is way better than "actually your granddad was powerful", but it's still bad

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    The idea of 6 people stealing a Star Destroyer makes me feel good for my future Star Wars RPG plans of having a group steal an old Venator

I have been working on a eoe beat where they steal a imp ship and I looked at the crew for a imp star deuce and it is 2500 thousand minimal
    I guess they have to make friends

Bloods End on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I like Kylo lying to Rey about her parents
    He literally read her mind

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    The only way Kylo actually knowing what happened to Rey's parents makes any kind of sense is if he did it.

I don't really agree. And I think having Kylo doing it makes the situation contrived and makes the galaxy feel small. Not quite to the extent of Palpatine being Rey's grandpappy but still not great

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods End wrote: »

I have been working on a eoe beat where they steal a imp ship and I looked at the crew for a imp star deuce and it is 2500 thousand minimal

Yeah, it's a ridiculous number of people

My solution was to start with "what if there was an AI captain commanding a bunch of droid crew members" and working backwards from there

And that's how I ended up with a backwater Imperial governor played by John Goodman who had stolen from droid pirates purchased an old Venator and turned it into a fancy hotel ship called "The Throwback"

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    As of episode 8, Rey always knew who her parents were and what happened to them. She just didn't want to admit it.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh, Kylo killing them is silly, no doubt. But it's a better conclusion to that than what we got.

An even better conclusion would be something like "I am Rey, daughter of no one, and I have destroyed the grandson of Vader" or whatever.

• Options
    They almost set up a better ending scene in the movie

When she's on Jakku Tatooine Jedha Burning Man planet and someone asks for her name and she sadly goes "Just Rey."

Just mirror that scene at the end somewhere, but this time when she says "Just Rey", she says it with more acceptance! Because she's grown to believe in herself without the need to be "someone"

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Wait, are people upset she is a palpatine? I thought that was a fun twist there. I really don't care for anyone's reason for not liking it, i'm just surprised that's a sticking point. It seemed perfectly straightforward as soon as it was said and the backfill around it seemed more than workable.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular

the raider corvette might be a good fit, though less impressive it's a pretty fun design

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Sleep wrote: »
    Wait, are people upset she is a palpatine? I thought that was a fun twist there. I really don't care for anyone's reason for not liking it, i'm just surprised that's a sticking point. It seemed perfectly straightforward as soon as it was said and the backfill around it seemed more than workable.

It’s stupid.

Edit: Not upset at it. It’s just pointless. Like bringing back Palpatine at all. It feels like there were better options not taken.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options

People are upset because it's another case of a destined family of destiny being the only important ones, after TLJ was pretty explicit about repudiating that

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Daypigeon wrote: »

the raider corvette might be a good fit, though less impressive it's a pretty fun design

This is my exact plan B, find a slightly smaller ship that's a little more reasonable for some players/NPCs to be able to crew

I just really like the Venator

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I'm kind of neutral on rey palpatine, I more disliked that sheev jr didnt sell her into slavery for drinking money

"They sold you to protect you" :?

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I guess if Rey’s parents bummed around for like 7-8 years before Kylo killed then it could work.

• Options
    Palpatine being in this trilogy is just a bad idea

I was onboard with the theory when the movie was announced, where he was just going to be a spooky ghost around the Death Star

But making him retroactively the main bad guy in this trilogy means that basically nothing about Darth Vader's story actually mattered, which sucks shit

That being said it was almost worth it for weird, horror-movie-monster-being-carried-around-by-a-crane-ass Palpatine and his cultists

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

People are upset because it's another case of a destined family of destiny being the only important ones, after TLJ was pretty explicit about repudiating that

I mean the core stories are literally the Skywalker saga. They're entirely about lineage. Like most stories about knights. The idea that lineage isn't important in a series where we've been following the exact same family from beginning to end for like almost 50 years of real life, and like 90 to 100 years of in movie time seems kinda far fetched.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    godspeed to whoever posted hot manga chewbacca

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    If rey's parents just happened to be one of many civlians kylo ren has killed, ok sure I guess

But he killed them on snoke's orders??

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

I mean the core stories are literally the Skywalker saga. They're entirely about lineage. Like most stories about knights. The idea that lineage isn't important in a series where we've been following the exact same family from beginning to end for like almost 50 years of real life, and like 90 to 100 years of in movie time seems kinda far fetched.

okay but what if we told a different story

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Palpy being a papa and not dead just creates more narrative problems than it solves really

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

If TLJ didn't exist, I'd agree

But that entire movie is about refuting the idea that every story needs to be about people from powerful families, and following it up with "actually, no, you do need to be Someone" made a lot of folks, myself included, extremely disappointed

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Also pretty dumb to make her literally a Palpantine when that whole “Palpantine made Anakin with Sith magic” thing exists.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Also pretty dumb to make her literally a Palpantine when that whole “Palpantine made Anakin with Sith magic” thing exists.

They've started walking that back

Which sucks, because it was existentially freaky in a way I was into

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also like

Rey not being part of an important family doesn't make it not the Skywalker Saga

Kylo is a Skywalker

Having the Saga end with the last Skywalker fallen to Darkness and a new era of Jedi not bound by legacies would be

Pretty fuckin good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Anyways this script would probably have to be entirely rewritten if Trevvorow stuck around anyways. And there's a million more steps before a movie ends up good.

But big sith monster god man sounds dope

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

Well if palpatine made rey then rey would be ben's grand aunt rather than his first cousin once removed

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The Star Wars Saga, a subsaga of the Tragedy of Darth Vader, a subsaga of the Skywalker Saga

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Also like

Rey not being part of an important family doesn't make it not the Skywalker Saga

Kylo is a Skywalker

Having the Saga end with the last Skywalker fallen to Darkness and a new era of Jedi not bound by legacies would be

Pretty fuckin good

I'm telling ya'll

End IX with Rey finally deciding to call her version of the Jedi "the Skywalkers"

It's a great way to secure their legacy in a way that isn't extraordinarily cheesy