As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    WF general forum now has several megathreads for railjack feedback by pain-point (MM, Intrinsic, Economy, General)

For focused ignorance of feedback! ;P

ediT: why anybody expects feedback that includes things "but you're too lazy", "don't know how", "when I was a QA", etc to be taken seriously is beyond me.

Those have been there for a while. Almost a full month I think.

steam_sig.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    WF general forum now has several megathreads for railjack feedback by pain-point (MM, Intrinsic, Economy, General)

For focused ignorance of feedback! ;P

ediT: why anybody expects feedback that includes things "but you're too lazy", "don't know how", "when I was a QA", etc to be taken seriously is beyond me.

Those have been there for a while. Almost a full month I think.

well, that doesn't help. :Pop:

I keep thinking about this:
    A welcomed increase from feedback that still maintains the risk vs reward of repairing Wreckage, hence why is it not a 100% return.

Why is risk vs reward for spending time and resources to repair an item that you were randomly rewarded a thing? Is a gamble really necessary here?

Like, how is a player spending whatever time farming, and somehow in the 12 hours of building you don't get an upgrade but five seconds later you obsoleting that investment supposed to make them want to play more?

Nevermind that you have to buy slots for parts you're going to use if you're not scrapping your stuff... and just... who is the mind behind this train of thought?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Any suggestions on restarting the game?

Define 'restarting the game'

From scratch.

Was a PC player (I started the (original?) guild) but life got in the way. Never transferred my account (and now can't because reasons?) and PS4 is way easier to play in my current living situation.

Magus` wrote: »
    From scratch.

Was a PC player (I started the (original?) guild) but life got in the way. Never transferred my account (and now can't because reasons?) and PS4 is way easier to play in my current living situation.

I see. So, I think @furlion runs the PS4 clan? If not him then someone on that platform may be able to get your staple mod situation sorted, although it's a bit easier now. The basic progression would largely bet he same. You want to get your quest stuff back which means plowing through to Neptune so you can unlock The Second Dream.

No clue about the economy on PS4 though. getting your op and AW would be key though. Archwing quest is MR 2, so no biggie there. The railjack and the like are probably the last things you want to focus on given the mat requirements and enemies base level is 50+ with padded HP values and all. But the key thing would be to check the junctions for the planets to unlock them and do that stuff through neptune, then you can start to branch out further once you complete that quest.

Stuff sure has changed in like.. five years.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    The hek is such a garbage weapon

I can’t believe people talked it up so much

fuck gendered marketing
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

Vaykor Hek is the good one. I found the regular Hek to be annoying to use.

Personally I also found the Vaykor Hek to be annoying to use but that's mostly because it's not the Corinth which is my baby.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    so the hek needs its special mod to be good. The Vaykor Hek just has that mod inherently.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Go get the 200% multishot augment. It stacks with the regular multishot mods, and adds a syndicate proc on top. It "changes how the weapon performs", shall we say. Vanilla, it's "serviceable". With, it fucking eats things.

Just make sure to put punchthrough on it too.

Edit: Something like this, though it'll take you a bit: http://warframe-builder.com/s/8d03b0e89fe05354 and just sub out primed mods for regular. The corrupted mod is on there because I truly hate aiming, and that makes the shot pattern "that quadrant of the room can get fucked".

dporowski on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I hate aiming too!

But I’m not going to dump a lot of effort into a weapon if it doesn’t immediately grab me so

Catalysts/reactors are hyper precious commodities for me

fuck gendered marketing
    Fair entirely. But there's definitely a class of weapons that only get Good™ after a bunch of forma. "Fun to use" is generally utterly divorced from that state though, so in general, "I like this one better" is completely reasonable.

Most of the reason people call out the Hek in particular is a low MR requirement, easy materials, market blueprint, and the ability to turn it into a really really good weapon with a bit of work, meaning you can crutch on that thing for a while while you unlock/collect other things.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Personally I also found the Vaykor Hek to be annoying to use but that's mostly because it's not the Corinth which is my baby.

I on the other hand enjoyed the point and click nature of the Hek, while I took the Corinth out for one mission, said "wow I hate this" after like three minutes, and never used it again.

Steam ID: Right here.
    I also could simply not make the Corinth work. I have this feeling that secondary-fire weapons like that may be a little better on PC, what with the whole "right click" thing.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    The Corinth uses sounds of a lion roaring, so...

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I also could simply not make the Corinth work. I have this feeling that secondary-fire weapons like that may be a little better on PC, what with the whole "right click" thing.

Not really. On a PC, by default, right-click is aim; I have to (rather awkwardly) middle-click, on my scroll wheel.

That's still got to be better than clicking the R-stick...

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    It's also nice to have a couple weapons with syndicate bursts on them. Some have some very nice buffs and restoration, and kills give 100% affinity to the warframe so they help with early leveling.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

I on the other hand enjoyed the point and click nature of the Hek, while I took the Corinth out for one mission, said "wow I hate this" after like three minutes, and never used it again.

On the other other hand there's nothing like seeing a giant pack of enemies, clicking the middle mouse button and watching them all ragdoll through the air just after pretty fireworks :P

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    when i was leveling through the star chart, i had a LOT of fun with the hek.
    i really got a kick of how you pulled the trigger and shit just FLEW away. good sound, too

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    From scratch.

I see. So, I think furlion runs the PS4 clan? If not him then someone on that platform may be able to get your staple mod situation sorted, although it's a bit easier now. The basic progression would largely bet he same. You want to get your quest stuff back which means plowing through to Neptune so you can unlock The Second Dream.

No clue about the economy on PS4 though. getting your op and AW would be key though. Archwing quest is MR 2, so no biggie there. The railjack and the like are probably the last things you want to focus on given the mat requirements and enemies base level is 50+ with padded HP values and all. But the key thing would be to check the junctions for the planets to unlock them and do that stuff through neptune, then you can start to branch out further once you complete that quest.

Any of us can invite to the clan, unless I misremember. Just need a PSN ID.

In other news, the last part of my Railjack is building. Tonight, she gets a name and goes out into the black to be immediately shot apart because I'm sure the base stats are less than great.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Hek is good because:
    1. It's a solid performer for its mastery rank and doesn't take much investment to get decent. Hek is one of the first weapons you have that's really capable of taking on axi-level missions.
    2. It has significant upgrade potential and benefits a lot from many easily accessible mods. The +200% multishot mod ups its lethality significantly, and allows you to clean out the map if necessary (even Kuva fortress).
    3. It's associated with steel meridian, which makes its upgrades available to everyone (either through primary means if you run Steel meridian->Cephalon suda mission. Or secondary if you run Red Veil->New Loka)

Calling it a "garbage weapon" is bullshit. It's a highly viable weapon for most content. It's OK to not like it (it's certainly not everyones taste), but I guess hyperbolism has been fashionable for the last 20 years.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    edited January 2020
    between rivens and formas there really aren't any garbage weapons. It's just a matter of how much time and resources you want to spend on improving the weapon. never really used the hek myself aside from MR.

It reminded me of violent sneezing.

tastydonuts on
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    The most important thing is finding a few frames and weapons that you genuinely enjoy using, and focusing on them. The other stuff is good for mastery rank grinding, and then they can be sold/stored/used for new blueprints.
    On the other other hand there's nothing like seeing a giant pack of enemies, clicking the middle mouse button and watching them all ragdoll through the air just after pretty fireworks :P

I agree, Fulmin is a great gun!

edited January 2020
    I'm divided on wether I should sell the Corinth or not.
    On one hand, it's role of "being able to deal with packs of enemies while still being able to blast the ever-living shit out of heavy enemies" has been replaced in practice by the Acceltra (I haven't used the Corinth since the Acceltra became available).
    ...but what if they nerf the acceltra?

*goes and buys more weapon slots instead*

P.S: Also, I kind of love the Corinths design. It just screams "bad ass boomstick".

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The Corinth is a nice gun but between all the other shotguns I just never found a spot for it in my rotation.

steam_sig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    On one hand, it's role of "being able to deal with packs of enemies while still being able to blast the ever-living shit out of heavy enemies" has been replaced in practice by the Acceltra (I haven't used the Corinth since the Acceltra became available).

P.S: Also, I kind of love the Corinths design. It just screams "bad ass boomstick".

At the moment, its primary makes it one of the few (only?) crit-based shotguns, so I think it's worth keeping just for that quirk.

Gotta use that Primed Ravage on something.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Empyrean is out on Switch.

Update was pretty quick, so it looks like it wasn't a remaster patch.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
    edited January 2020
    Hey wow, news about Railjack that isn't bad post-honeymoon phase.
    This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment: 'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change).

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
    - Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
    - Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
    - Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
    - Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
    - Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
    - Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
    - Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
    - Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes!

*dead horse rant about how garbage the original spreads were here*

Source

tastydonuts on
    The real shame is how much abuse has been thrown at the DE team over the holidays and how some of the more vitrolic parts of the "fanbase" will feel like they're justified in continuing to use that tone.

edited January 2020
    The real shame is how much abuse has been thrown at the DE team over the holidays and how some of the more vitrolic parts of the "fanbase" will feel like they're justified in continuing to use that tone.

Yeah. I think that the expectation that they do anything not pertaining to service failures over the holiday is absurd.

But at the same time, I was looking around the forum and one dude mentioned in a Karen-post that DE responded to, he brought up the same thing months ago and got nothing, so... it's kind of on them. And while I'd have to look further to find the constructive versions of such feedback, the trend seems to be that being a dick gets signal-boosted by others and responded to by them... it's a pattern that they need to break.

tastydonuts on
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So, first railjack mission ever:

Load in, immediately get a mission completed window, all my UI is gone and attempts to abort gives me a "Mission could not be aborted because it has already been completed." message.

Good start.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
    wow, the increasing number of posts from people annoyed that they scrapped all their non +100 vidars and won't get a buffed/rerolled one is interesting.

I think I still have the one vidar reactor that I got so when this goes live on console I'll be able to improve my railjack again. but I stopped doing RJ since I got the ephemera and actually turned to... focus farming of all things. hah.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Warframe players are crazy, but its fine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD4QjsgH1O4

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I'm thinking that the change could be made entirely server-side?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

they RARELY will nerf weapons unless they are just the flat out best weapons in the game e.g. catchmoon and synoid gammacor

whiney pissbabies are gonna happen, but people are constantly dismissing criticism of long-timer players with 'relax they'll update it like they did archwing'

I am just kinda tired of the trend of them releasing content islands that they swear will tie into the game, and instead just feeds into itself and only has the game feed into it instead

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    also railjack was a fucking catastrophe on release and is still bug-ridden, way more grindy than they initially promised, and ultimately pointless
    the shedu is decidedly mediocre and not worth the dozens of hours of grinding necessary to get to it then more grinding to get it

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    the trend seems to be that being a dick gets signal-boosted by others and responded to by them... it's a pattern that they need to break.

It's a pattern that the video game industry, as a whole, needs to break.

(insert rant about how we need a fucking union here)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    jothki wrote: »
    I'm thinking that the change could be made entirely server-side?

It definitely seems like a a database jiggle kinda change. I just hope that it isn't a The Division 2 kinda database jiggle where things are just wonky with your items because they're derived values and just up and changing them makes existing things borky.

Turns out I did melt the one vidar mk iii that I got. Got a few Zektis that I didn't dismantle. do I want to play Railjack to try and get another vidar pre patch though? ... I don't know. blargh. I do need to get some new turrets too since my near-max vidar cryo is going to turn into rubbish if they don't alter course on those nerfs that are on PC.

This discussion has been closed.