As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KRANCH [bad food]

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    A couple of years ago my brother grew tomatoes. We about 12 or 14 from it but we ended up canning it to last
    Still I want pickle relish just I feel bad about when I made it last my father was looking forward to it and died later that week

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I've been eating too many frozen pizza lately because they are a really low effort food to fill me up when I'm too depressed or sick to feel like cooking anything for real.

But

I can't finish this one. I can barely stand to look at it.

My kingdom for something green. I world kill for some green beans or hell a pile of spinach.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Yeah that association would make anything hard to think about resuming doing, brainleech. :(

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    For lunch today I had a bacon double cheeseburger XL from Burger King. They served it to me about 3.5 seconds after I placed the order and I would call it lukewarm if I was feeling generous. I ate it while walking really quickly and gave myself hiccups. It was the epitome of bad food.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    I'm imagining an interaction at that pizza joint where they ask how many feet of pizza I want and I say "I dunno really, can I just eyeball it? I'll tell you when to stop stretching the dough."

And then I just silently never break eye contact as they stretch and add dough for yard and yards.

This is me but when waiters ask me how much grated cheese I want on my pasta

part of me always wants to say just "leave the brick"
    also DUDE a new italian joint just opened up literally down the road from my house and the other day i had the best clam linguini I've ever had in the states? possibly in the world? I'll give you the deets for the next time you pop back to Boston
    it's probably lucky I'm moving or else I would end up very fat and very broke. They also have great cocktails, the bastards.

Does the building look suspiciously like a large box propped up by a stick with some string tied to it?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    A couple of years ago my brother grew tomatoes. We about 12 or 14 from it but we ended up canning it to last
    Still I want pickle relish just I feel bad about when I made it last my father was looking forward to it and died later that week

As an Internet rando, I'd suggest using it as a way to celebrate him. Go all out and make a big batch to pass out to close family/friends. Call it "Let's Relish [Dad]"

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Dialing in an espresso grind is finicky

Especially when you haven't messed with it in a few days and forgot a bunch of stuff you practiced.

My shots tend to come out fast and sour. But the other day I accidentally went to fine and choked the machine. I'm going to have to start keeping closer track of the temperature better to since that can also have a lot to do with it.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Dialing in an espresso grind is finicky

Especially when you haven't messed with it in a few days and forgot a bunch of stuff you practiced.

My shots tend to come out fast and sour. But the other day I accidentally went to fine and choked the machine. I'm going to have to start keeping closer track of the temperature better to since that can also have a lot to do with it.

The really fun part is that what grind you need can change based on the weather and how much moisture the grinds are already holding. Also it can change over the lifetime of a set of beans as the oils leech out. Whee!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    I'm imagining an interaction at that pizza joint where they ask how many feet of pizza I want and I say "I dunno really, can I just eyeball it? I'll tell you when to stop stretching the dough."

And then I just silently never break eye contact as they stretch and add dough for yard and yards.

This is me but when waiters ask me how much grated cheese I want on my pasta

part of me always wants to say just "leave the brick"
    also DUDE a new italian joint just opened up literally down the road from my house and the other day i had the best clam linguini I've ever had in the states? possibly in the world? I'll give you the deets for the next time you pop back to Boston
    it's probably lucky I'm moving or else I would end up very fat and very broke. They also have great cocktails, the bastards.

just gonna tantalize the rest of us who live here huh?!

It's called Ravello and they're literally only just opened, the website is still transitioning from the previous restaurant:
    https://www.countrymilewatertown.com/

(and YET they are packed out every night, which is a very good sign)

oh right and if anyone goes, save room for the Zeppole. Trust me.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Are we talking Buttermilk & Bourbon beignets level here?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Are we talking Buttermilk & Bourbon beignets level here?

My first instinct is to say these are better, if anything, because I could eat more of them without wanting to die
    but really I think we need to do a side-by-side comparison.

• Options
    It's only scientific.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    yes.
    for science.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    All You Can Eat JAPANESE STEAK BUFFET With Amber Liu (28 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TETMVxmvcTA

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I wish I could have mikey's life

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I see a lot of raw very pink meat there.
    It's a bit concerning.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Well, Pip!

No one's gonna hand it to you!

If you want his life then you should get out there and take it!!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that thing in the middle of a table is a grill and they've yet to cook all that

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Pink steak best steak

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that thing in the middle of a table is a grill and they've yet to cook all that

That's a usual Korean BBQ thing

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That mac is vile.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    bojangles' mac is pretty good

I get it on off hours when they don't have bo-rounds on hand

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Now I'm thinking about the person who would drive to Arby's, order macaroni and cheese, drive home, and then plate their Arby's macaroni and cheese in a ceramic bowl in a well-lit room before eating it.

It's not a happy thought, this thought that I am thinking.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    That mac is vile.

from experience?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I wish I could have mikey's life

he's partnered up with a couple chefs opening a korean steak place here and I'm lookin forward to trying it one day.

• Options
    Black-Eyed Pea the restaurant has/d a fried Mac n cheese. it would come out in a fired batter ball and when opened come out as a ooze of cheese and noodles some may of been fried so they are soft with a crisp

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I tried the Arby's Mac and Cheese

It might be the worst fast food product I've ever had

I tried one bite, spit it out and threw it away immediately

It was horrid

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I tried the Arby's Mac and Cheese

It might be the worst fast food product I've ever had

I tried one bite, spit it out and threw it away immediately

It was horrid

But the real question is will the dog eat it?

• Options
    That mac is vile.

from experience?

Yes.

Horrid after taste. Horrid during taste. Consistency like glue.

A rare miss for Arbys

• Options
    blrugh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I got it with fish. I was so happy.

• Options
    KFC has edible regular mac & cheese.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    KFC has edible regular mac & cheese.

Mine always has a line.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Popeye's mac & cheese is pretty decent.

I...don't really trust fast food places to make edible m&c, so Arby's not getting it right isn't surprising. Though it's surprising to me that it's that bad.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    All You Can Eat JAPANESE STEAK BUFFET With Amber Liu (28 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TETMVxmvcTA

I should not have watched this on a no food day.
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

That's a usual Korean BBQ thing

Pretty sure that’s Japanese yakiniku.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Learn something new about Aussietralia every day.

New Arnott's Meat Pie and Sausage Sizzle Shapes Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2cWmyTI-IU

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Good to see Arnott’s representing the beloved sausage sizzle in its proper form *side-eyes perth*

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Popeye's mac & cheese is pretty decent.

I...don't really trust fast food places to make edible m&c, so Arby's not getting it right isn't surprising. Though it's surprising to me that it's that bad.

Its borderline offensive.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I enjoy KFC mac and cheese and get it every time I'm there, which I'll grant is hardly ever, but still. It's a very specific thing and I like it.

This discussion has been closed.