As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Railjack status: repaired.
    Systems status: operational.

Designation: HMS Dreadnought. Curious. Records indicate match with ancient pre-Orokin warship. Appropriate.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Designation: HMS Dreadnought. Curious. Records indicate match with ancient pre-Orokin warship. Appropriate.

Alternatively, HMS Dread Naught.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    HMS Dreadnuts
    >_>

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    HMS Dreadnuts
    >_>

Gotem

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    MK-1 RAILJACK

(alas, I can't take credit)

Commander Zoom on
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    also railjack was a fucking catastrophe on release and is still bug-ridden, way more grindy than they initially promised, and ultimately pointless
    the shedu is decidedly mediocre and not worth the dozens of hours of grinding necessary to get to it then more grinding to get it

I mean, would you rather the chase weapon be so much better than everything else that now you "have to run railjack in order to compete WTF DE NO FAIR"?

It's cool, it does a cool thing, it looks cool and is flavortastic, and it's not "required" for a thing; this seems to me to be the perfect power level for a weapon in this kind of content. How much do we all love grinding the plains for amp mats, after all?

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    also railjack was a fucking catastrophe on release and is still bug-ridden, way more grindy than they initially promised, and ultimately pointless
    the shedu is decidedly mediocre and not worth the dozens of hours of grinding necessary to get to it then more grinding to get it

Maybe, and it probably needs a lot of work. But I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. I'm just starting to get actual intrinsic abilities. I'm thinking gunner/engineer first as those seem to be the money abilities.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I like the Shedu a lot and I only have 2 forma in mine.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Maybe, and it probably needs a lot of work. But I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. I'm just starting to get actual intrinsic abilities. I'm thinking gunner/engineer first as those seem to be the money abilities.

The tac4 warp-home is so, so good. So good.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The Shedu's greatest crime is that it fails fashion frame. It should have become your arm. didn't they have concept art where that happened? as it is base shoulder armor for most of the frames I use clip through it, and it makes me sad.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

it being fun isn't part of my problem with it

but like, there are better realized ship crew games
    The Shedu's greatest crime is that it fails fashion frame. It should have become your arm. didn't they have concept art where that happened? as it is base shoulder armor for most of the frames I use clip through it, and it makes me sad.

also that it is staggeringly mediocre

and takes WAY too much to get

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Mine is pretty good. If I want to supercharge it with Harrow's 2 it regens ammo faster than you can shoot and it's just endless blasto.

edited January 2020

IDK.. I solo farmed my Shedu and ephemera through solo play, without abort spamming, and while it took a while to do, I don't think that it takes all that much to get within the scope of the average Warframe player's playtime.

To DP's earlier point, the fact that it isn't a be-all end all weapon is good. It's not really meant to be a special-special weapon (the enemies that drop the part are surely going to show up elsewhere) and the only thing that makes it special now is the First To Get factor... so IDK.

tastydonuts on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

it being fun isn't part of my problem with it

but like, there are better realized ship crew games

I mean compared to the grind to get a good roll on a specific Kuva weapon? I'll take the Shedu grind any day :P

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Welp ... I named my railjack ... um ... R34L.J4CQ ... not great but it will remain.

Also, I didn't see a way to get a public match going since the only prompt you get is to start a mission. But if IDK if randos can actually start missions without a railjack so when you start a mission ... your first mission ... you'll probably be alone. IDK how public matchmaking works in RJ. My first mission was a dumpster fire which failed after I killed both crew ships ... lucky me? I ended up joining a group afterward by invite. Then proceeded to run circles around everyone else in the mission who were just faffing about. I took out every crew ship, repaired almost every catastrophic failure, and crafted more revolite than you could shake a stick at ... I felt like the hero of a movie.

At one point just before I went out the airlock to take out a crew ship I hear catastrophic breach. I look for the crew ship and it is about 10,000 meters away ... so I die two times trying to make it over there. Take out the reactor, make my way back to the ship without dying, and the ship is still in catastrophic failure ... still? I'm sure it was a new catastrophic failure right ... anyway. I proceed to try and repair the damage ... out of revolite ... what have you guys been doing ... rush to the basement to make some revolite and then back up to repair the failure with two seconds to spare ... whew.

And before you ask ... no, I do NOT have the perk that allows me to yeet myself across the map, breach the crew ship hull, OR return instantly to our ship ... so yeah. But then again I only ran two missions with the group before I have to head off to bed. Work is not going to work itself now is it ... Neither are bills gonna pay themselves. T'was a fun romp. Gonna take this in small doses though.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    My railjack is named "Santas lil Helper"

Because, I mean, duh?

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Odd, the end of the railjack questline had a spoiler for well beyond The Second Dream. Does that show up for everyone, or just people who have gotten far enough in the plot?

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Is there some secret to the index?

I fail every time

fuck gendered marketing
    Elldren wrote: »

I fail every time

The bots suck. Matchmake in recruiting chat.

I fail every time

Are you doing it solo or pubbing it?

Personally I do Titania because of the death pixie mode's innate loot vacuum but Titania requires a lot of work to get and then a decent amount of work to get up to snuff.

My recommendation would probably be Rhino or Nezha and pubbing it. Mostly just because if you're doing the low risk version you can usually just do nothing and still win.

If you're doing quest version of The Index? Then yeah that's a lot tougher solo. I'd probably recommend looking at some videos for strats because without a pre-built group it's... not fun.

Something about Railjack is confusing me. I know that not being able to effectively aim turrets on the Switch version is a temporary issue that's going to be patched out, but how do people on the Xbox and PS4 aim turrets?

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Also, I didn't see a way to get a public match going since the only prompt you get is to start a mission. But if IDK if randos can actually start missions without a railjack so when you start a mission ... your first mission ... you'll probably be alone. IDK how public matchmaking works in RJ.
    To start an RJ mission, you need to select a node from the railjack's nav console. Picking a node from the orbiter's console throws you into someone else's mission.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Also, I didn't see a way to get a public match going since the only prompt you get is to start a mission. But if IDK if randos can actually start missions without a railjack so when you start a mission ... your first mission ... you'll probably be alone. IDK how public matchmaking works in RJ.
    To start an RJ mission, you need to select a node from the railjack's nav console. Picking a node from the orbiter's console throws you into someone else's mission.

It seems to work from the observatory as well. Which is actually kind of annoying, since that means that you have to completely exit the dojo to join someone else.

I wouldn't mind having a more general means of forcing yourself to host a new mission, rather than having when to her you start or join one be pseudorandom.

Ok so I was tagging on the hek earlier and I just want to say

No the hek is still bleh the Tigris is the god of all proper shotguns tyvm

fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2020
    jothki wrote: »
    Something about Railjack is confusing me. I know that not being able to effectively aim turrets on the Switch version is a temporary issue that's going to be patched out, but how do people on the Xbox and PS4 aim turrets?

Pilot turrets aren't on a gimbal on consoles. So you shoot where you're heading. you still get the lead markers from gunnery if you have that.

Gunner turrets require Gunnery 2 to go 360, at which point they're less up to the whims of your pilot's direction. They also cease to make sense at this point (imo)

tastydonuts on
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I don't think that was ever in question, but the Hek is available at MR 4 and the base Tigris at MR 7, which is why the Hek gets recommended so often to new players.

steam_sig.png
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Daimar wrote: »

I don't think that was ever in question, but the Hek is available at MR 4 and the base Tigris at MR 7, which is why the Hek gets recommended so often to new players.
    I like the Tiggy just fine, but its trigger type is pretty unique and takes a bit of getting used to, whereas the Hek is just boom, boom, boom, boom.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Kohm is the one true shotgun, change my mind. :rotate:

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited January 2020
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Kohm is the one true shotgun, change my mind. :rotate:

While the Hek reminds me of forceful sneezing, the Kohm reminds me of very wet (and forceful) diarrhea.

edit: i think the wet sounds are slash procs? idk.

tastydonuts on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Worst. Analogy. Ever.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden

Pilot turrets aren't on a gimbal on consoles. So you shoot where you're heading. you still get the lead markers from gunnery if you have that.

Gunner turrets require Gunnery 2 to go 360, at which point they're less up to the whims of your pilot's direction. They also cease to make sense at this point (imo)

The problem isn't with the arc of fire, it's more that stick aiming just doesn't work against fast-moving targets.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

I've just finally caught up with all the main stuff over the past few months. A finished Railjack, Shedu, a few Kuva Weapons, mods and Gauss and Garuda. The other ones I'll pick up as I go.

I fail every time

Personally I do Titania because of the death pixie mode's innate loot vacuum but Titania requires a lot of work to get and then a decent amount of work to get up to snuff.

My recommendation would probably be Rhino or Nezha and pubbing it. Mostly just because if you're doing the low risk version you can usually just do nothing and still win.

If you're doing quest version of The Index? Then yeah that's a lot tougher solo. I'd probably recommend looking at some videos for strats because without a pre-built group it's... not fun.

Nobody on switch wants to do anything but high index. and then fail at it because they aren’t good enough

fuck gendered marketing

The problem isn't with the arc of fire, it's more that stick aiming just doesn't work against fast-moving targets.

Do you have gunnery for the lead marker?

I don't believe there's any aim assist, magnetism or sticky at all in railjack either so if you're not on the dot with those shots then you're not going to hit. The twin lasers (forgot the name) get the brunt of this disadvantage.

I wasn't aware that they were going to patch that out though.

Do you have gunnery for the lead marker?

I don't believe there's any aim assist, magnetism or sticky at all in railjack either so if you're not on the dot with those shots then you're not going to hit. The twin lasers (forgot the name) get the brunt of this disadvantage.

I wasn't aware that they were going to patch that out though.

They've stated that the controls don't have gyro aim yet, which makes me fairly optimistic.

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Anyone else on Switch had performance issues since yesterday's patch?

Did an ESO today and it was chugging pretty badly.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular

I fail every time

Nobody on switch wants to do anything but high index. and then fail at it because they aren’t good enough

I notice that you run Trinity whenever we play together. Allow me to give a little advice that MAY be helpful. As a fellow Trinity main (and if you run index with her) your job is to keep the ball/point carriers alive. Blessing and Energy Vampire are your friends. Just follow around the people who are tanking (usually the Nova [if built right], Rhino or the Inaros) and pop blessing whenever you run into enemies. Also, energy vampire will stagger most of the enemies in the index so you get at least a few free shots to hopefully kill them before they recover. Don't take it upon yourself to pick up points, just stay hypermobile, aware, and if you see a stray point lying around pick it up. But once you have more than 4 or 5 points bank them. If you keep the point carriers alive, and stick to them like glue it's easier even if THEY suck are not that good.
    Anyone else on Switch had performance issues since yesterday's patch?

Did an ESO today and it was chugging pretty badly.

I had a ton of graphical glitches since the patch drop. Plus we don't have some of the QOL from the latest hotfixes so it is a hot mess ... a fun hot mess .... but still sloppy. Gonna go run a few more RJ missions tonight but probably won't get too far.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    edited January 2020
    Yay! More basic QoL fixes that maybe shoulda been there in the beginning are on the way! Poor guy that broke his thing
    [DE]Saske wrote:
    Hello Ariae! In the next Hotfix we will add a toggle to show equipped and show ranked avionics on the scrap avionics screen. You can contact Customer Support to get your rank 7 Vidar Hyperstrike back.

ro5bb5zhr7zy.png

(Source)

tastydonuts on
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    my ship is the Aluminum Falcon, because my dad can't pronounce or spell millennium and neither could I as a child, also it's deffo not the fastest thing in the system, it's... a thing. in the system. that's damned sure.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    edited January 2020
    While I can't say I blame the host of this ESO run for dropping out on the 6th wave unannounced after a Lao Vandal Receiver and a Braton Vandal Barrel dropped through the run just now... losing the items from a failed migration would have sucked for the rest of us.

tastydonuts on
This discussion has been closed.