As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Best Breakfast Gruel [chat]

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    had a conversation with Mrs Deebs re: moving options.

Just got a quote from a highly reviewed company for $2,795.00 (+tip!) where they deliver our shit in 1 - 10 business days or $3295 for under 48 hour delivery. We're on the same page. We dont need our shit that badly.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Grits
    I should make my OWN pokemon game.

The mons you find in the wild would be governed by your userID meaning everyone would have their own version.

They can be totally procedurally generated from parts! Like this one:

cyrj81b63d8i.png

Oh god, kill it kill it burn it with fire

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Haha holy shit that interview, it was like being in the room with a shark. It basically confirmed every bad notion I could've had about what that company was like, and I kind of desperately want them to call me back because of it. I think once I caught on that I was dealing with a hostile entity I handled it pretty confidently, but I may have slipped up on account of weighing how much it would mean to me to see the inside of that place for myself next to maintaining the job security of a place I'm not immediately bailing on once I've got enough material for an expose.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Haha holy shit that interview, it was like being in the room with a shark. It basically confirmed every bad notion I could've had about what that company was like, and I kind of desperately want them to call me back because of it. I think once I caught on that I was dealing with a hostile entity I handled it pretty confidently, but I may have slipped up on account of weighing how much it would mean to me to see the inside of that place for myself next to maintaining the job security of a place I'm not immediately bailing on once I've got enough material for an expose.

This sounds like a compelling story

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Some weird shit I never heard of from, like, Slovakia
    Arch wrote: »
    Toss a <noun> to your <noun>-er

Toss a botchling to your mother

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Just got a quote from a highly reviewed company for $2,795.00 (+tip!) where they deliver our shit in 1 - 10 business days or $3295 for under 48 hour delivery. We're on the same page. We dont need our shit that badly.

I'm surprised movers fall in the class of professions you need to tip.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

The mons you find in the wild would be governed by your userID meaning everyone would have their own version.

cyrj81b63d8i.png

how

how does it even eat

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    BIG NEWS, me and PAX Girl are fiances now.

Because we're in talks to maybe start a Podcast.

Things are moving a bit too fast.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oh the yearly playstation wrap up thing

i apparently did 418 hours of monster hunter, surprise number 2 is actually bloobo at 126 which, i had no idea i played that much bloobo last year

if i played 126 hours in a year where i didn't play it much i must a bajillion hours in that game

sony you cowards let me see the full number

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Malt-o-meal
    BIG NEWS, me and PAX Girl are fiances now.

Because we're in talks to maybe start a Podcast.

Things are moving a bit too fast.

Have you considered adopting a podcast instead.

So many, started and abandoned, waiting at the RSS shelter for an update, any update.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    toss a butt to your [chat]er

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Please stop throwing things it's very unsafe

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

15%!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

cyrj81b63d8i.png

This feels substantially better than many of the official pokemen. Time to defer to The Computer on yet another issue

America basically looked at Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven and said "Yeah! Lets do that forever!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm8BvUUo3II

15%!

Are there industries where you tip anything other than 15%? It feels quite binary.

Also, I move that science prostitutes be added to the list of professions requiring a tip. I'll hold my hand out and cough at the end of all future end of phase meetings with American clients until we both did of awkwardness

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Please stop throwing things it's very unsafe

Toss a story about your unethical company interview to your ocean liner

15%!

Are there industries where you tip anything other than 15%? It feels quite binary.

Also, I move that science prostitutes be added to the list of professions requiring a tip. I'll hold my hand out and cough at the end of all future end of phase meetings with American clients until we both did of awkwardness

Bartenders and waiters get 20% now.

15%!

Oh no. When did this happen? Hopefully it's sufficiently recent that I didn't screw somebody over on my last trip.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    coffee places get $1 if they are making a drink

15%!

Oh no. When did this happen? Hopefully it's sufficiently recent that I didn't screw somebody over on my last trip.

over 10 years now. everyone in USA town hates you.

Vanguard wrote: »

no they absolutely do not. i will die on this hill.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

we've argued about it before and it's stupid that you object

you give bartenders $1 for pouring a pint; if a barista is making you an espresso drink or whatever why is that less deserving?

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I would feel really odd tipping movers

It would be like tipping the dealer you bought a used car from, or something

Wait no, last time I paid for dinner in the US I was with genuine Americans and I consulted on how much to tip so I'm probably fine

the distinction being making a drink = / = pouring coffee from a pot/machine/whatever

japan wrote: »
    I would feel really odd tipping movers

It would be like tipping the dealer you bought a used car from, or something

Maybe they do, japan. Maybe they do! Maybe there's also a weird distinction that you only do this if the used car dealership is also a garage though. And the amount varies by state from $1 per car to $20% on the total. And if you get it wrong they'll spit in the petrol.

also it's $1 scrooge mcfuck

keeping that typo lol

I think tip related stress is pretty high on the list of reasons I couldn't live in the US

edited January 2020

you give bartenders $1 for pouring a pint; if a barista is making you an espresso drink or whatever why is that less deserving?

I think it's foolish to let tipping infect absolutely everything. I stand in line at a coffee shop, am served a drink in a paper cup, and I don't hang around the counter or run a tab. It's a lot more of a retail transaction than a service.

Deebaser on

I think it's foolish to let tipping infect absolutely everything. I stand in line at a coffee shop, am served a drink in a paper cup, and I don't hang around the counter or run a tab. It's a lot more of a retail transaction than a service.

this is nonsense; you're not waiting in line at the moving company counter or running tab either but you're still going to tip them

tipping is about compensating the humans involved in the service economy for the instant gratification of getting what you want

the distinction i'm making on coffee is that if you are ordering a drink and it requires them (or another) to step away and make it, it's not different than what you get a bar or in some cases, a restaurant

if you're getting old coffee from a pot then yeah it's retail

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Malt-o-meal
    Another day another minute added to the rowing machine time.

With my iron infusion I am hoping that that goes up faster now. In two weeks I may have blood to carry oxygen!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Pulped newsprint
    the number of professions that expect tips has multiplied by about a million in just the last few years

employers have almost entirely offloaded the responsibility to pay their employees a decent wage because of it

fuck the gig economy and late stage capitalism or whatever the fuck we're doing now but it's stupid and bad

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Pulped newsprint

this is nonsense; you're not waiting in line at the moving company counter or running tab either but you're still going to tip them

tipping is about compensating the humans involved in the service economy for the instant gratification of getting what you want

the distinction i'm making on coffee is that if you are ordering a drink and it requires them (or another) to step away and make it, it's not different than what you get a bar or in some cases, a restaurant

tipping is about paying wages that should be paid by employers

Pulped newsprint
    also about enshrining a separation of classes of workers

tipping

is bad

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    In place of money I have started tipping by leaving small candles that smell like Gwyneth Paltrow’s vagina.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Hmm, so do you think we should tip fast food workers?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.

You asked what the difference was between a bartender and a barista was and I told you. I also think tipping movers is dumb, but whatever. Feel free to tip your barista, it's no skin off my nose. I'll continue not to.

edited January 2020
    Hmm, so do you think we should tip fast food workers?

Only if they have to step away from the register. They pick up that fry scoop and you're in tip town.

Deebaser on
This discussion has been closed.