As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crisis on Infinite [Chat]

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i carefully maintain the illusion in my brain that i am not dreadfully, horribly bored with my job so i won't quit, because it pays quite well and has great benefits and a pension

but it's communications. this new job is even more communicationsy. i'm advising people on strategic communications for a huge departmental shift.

it's so fucking boring i can barely bring myself to put my fingers on the keyboard. but now at least there are like, national media attention stakes, and high up government officials who'll be looking at what i'm doing with a critical eye

that will motivate me somewhat, right

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i carefully maintain the illusion in my brain that i am not dreadfully, horribly bored with my job so i won't quit, because it pays quite well and has great benefits and a pension

but it's communications. this new job is even more communicationsy. i'm advising people on strategic communications for a huge departmental shift.

it's so fucking boring i can barely bring myself to put my fingers on the keyboard. but now at least there are like, national media attention stakes, and high up government officials who'll be looking at what i'm doing with a critical eye

that will motivate me somewhat, right

Do you work from home

sig.gif
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    dependents are how the capitalists trap you

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    dependents are how the capitalists trap you

I stay one step ahead by being undependable.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    really you guys can only blame yourselves if your children don't pay for themselves

bet you sent them to school instead of into the mines, like fools

it's free money

ftOqU21.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    selling ads on kids' foreheads that you post to their instagram page which you curate

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Weirdly enough I just quit my job earlier this week to take 3 months of self-care (a lot of reading and hopefully some writing, a lot less self-destruction)

Is it because I started working in that building again?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ha, for a video game based off of a 90s children's cartoon, the text in this ad is gawdang grim.
    8hchgoczpkse.jpg

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Lol

Several people would become homeless if I quit my job.

this so much

the number of people who have said I should quit my job its like

get some dependants, then lemme know how quitting your job on a whim works out for ya
    You could say that being able to do this is

dependent

on

*is slapped in the face by a pleather glove wielded by wandering*

if I get bored of all my current games I think I should pick up mechanicus

in the mean time, I'll just enjoy this music because man, love it so much

https://youtu.be/ztzq05IzYds

ftOqU21.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Weirdly enough I just quit my job earlier this week to take 3 months of self-care (a lot of reading and hopefully some writing, a lot less self-destruction)

Financially I can only do it because I'm a spoiled little lazyboy

I wouldn't mind getting away from it all in some tiny little apartment in some podunk town honestly. A cousin of mine lives in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico and I'm thinking of just showing up with a suitcase

You can legit buy a decent house for under 100k.

selling ads on kids' foreheads that you post to their instagram page which you curate

really seems a lot less viscerally satisfying than having them turn the big wheel

Financially I can only do it because I'm a spoiled little lazyboy

I wouldn't mind getting away from it all in some tiny little apartment in some podunk town honestly. A cousin of mine lives in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico and I'm thinking of just showing up with a suitcase

MV5BMzg5NTAwNTQ4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk0NjQzNjE@._V1_.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I use my phone in the tub... so why not my switch

Forbidden gaming
    Do it do it do it

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Just put your switch in a plastic bag

No downsides

Except it'll melt

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    omg i just had the best first date

in love

god dammit i love san diego

makes up for having the worst christmas w/ friends i had to cut out

tyrannus on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Was looking around for something to watch, and found this 80s classic action film everyone knows and loves.

71x5tyyxJqL._RI_.jpg

I would watch it, but it’s terribly transferred and badly dubbed Italian schlock, so I bailed in 10 minutes. I was really hoping to find a diamond in the rough, but alas.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Stop encouraging Winky to be responsible! Good decisions is not what we're here for!

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    @Jacobkosh how's your replay of The Witcher 1 going

I gave up after 2 hours and I'm just gonna watch this Lorethrough by Proper Bird so I can remind myself of all the big characters/decisions so that I can then do the same thing in The Witcher 2

https://youtu.be/u4mnTp7xjPs

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    POSSUM :mad:
    I can't stop laughing at this post every time I scroll past it.

Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five fortnights ago.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Without condoning

Or condemning

I understand

sig.gif
    Without condoning

Or condemning

I understand
    It's a terrible plan financially but I feel really good about it.

Assuming I get hired for the next school year.

Otherwise
    weeeeeelp

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    blows my mind how different the Dynasty Warrior games are

6-9 are all such different beasts gameplay wise if you look past the button mashing

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh how's your replay of The Witcher 1 going

I gave up after 2 hours and I'm just gonna watch this Lorethrough by Proper Bird so I can remind myself of all the big characters/decisions so that I can then do the same thing in The Witcher 2

https://youtu.be/u4mnTp7xjPs

I tried to do a replay too after watching the show.

I got past the first town/area and then I just... couldn't do it anymore.

I installed the second one but I haven't actually played it yet.

6-9 are all such different beasts gameplay wise if you look past the button mashing

*pours one out for crazy break-dancing Wei Yan*

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Hi I know it's extremely weird that we have a designated bed for unmarried women in my family ranch house BUT can I just say that that bed is: extremely fucking comfy, the comfiest bed, I'm never getting married

(And we don't really hold to that rule very much tbh but still)

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    Hi I know it's extremely weird that we have a designated bed for unmarried women in my family ranch house BUT can I just say that that bed is: extremely fucking comfy, the comfiest bed, I'm never getting married

My mother designates separate beds for my wife and me when we visit on account of us being unmarried (according to her).

Completely unrelatedly, my wife hasn't accompanied me on many visits since we got married.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »

My mother designates separate beds for my wife and me when we visit on account of us being unmarried (according to her).

Completely unrelatedly, my wife hasn't accompanied me on many visits since we got married.

Is this one of those things where your mom is catholic but you didn't get catholic married

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

There is something past the button mashing?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

you bet.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    so i know facebook ads have been revealing the obvious fact that facebook spies on you but earlier today i was just thinking about doing audible again and listening to books at work

just thinking it

in my brain only. not a word out loud, did not visit a website or anything

and now i'm getting tons of audible ads
    Which would make you feel better, to find out Facebook can read your mind or that Facebook can plant thoughts into your head

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

This fine as long as long as the bed has a fantasy novelesque name.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Widowmaker?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

The blue bed

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!

it would be either something like the "bed of virtue" or "steel cage 100% boy proof or your money back"

ftOqU21.png
    also I have become obsessed with this song

https://youtu.be/APIKVLw1tT0

maybe I should watch the movie

ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2020
    Are ga liberty
    utopia no parody :whistle:

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Paprika is very good!

Oh brilliant
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »

I think we all need more details here about the marriage recognition system failure

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Brody wrote: »

Um, yes?

Murdering hundreds of thousands of Chinese peasants.

gawd

edited January 2020
    Paprika is very good!

so I hear

often with things I hear are very good I just register it and put it on some mental list then long after I hear something from the soundtrack and go oh! and actually watch it

bojack horseman, for example

EDIT: but also because of Every Frame a Painting, which is a youtube channel I miss more than some dead family members

https://youtu.be/oz49vQwSoTE

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.