As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Yes, but they linked you the Evoker uncap costs. Most of the spreadsheets I've seen don't include those.

Oh that's the Evokers themselves. Eh, not too concerned with uncapping him immediately anyway. Fire team is already super strong and he'll basically be chilling in the backline with Ten once I get around to grabbing her.
    You're...unlocking one of the few Evokers that's super strong without needing his swap, is actually top tier, and you don't care about uncapping him?

That's a little too galaxy brain for me.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Yes, but they linked you the Evoker uncap costs. Most of the spreadsheets I've seen don't include those.

Oh that's the Evokers themselves. Eh, not too concerned with uncapping him immediately anyway. Fire team is already super strong and he'll basically be chilling in the backline with Ten once I get around to grabbing her.
    You're...unlocking one of the few Evokers that's super strong without needing his swap, is actually top tier, and you don't care about uncapping him?

That's a little too galaxy brain for me.

Not right away. He only needs six Flame Astra so I can be patient in picking those up after I have him, here will get uncapped and leveled then. Who knows, might have them ready before I even get him.

My Fire team is already composed of Shiva, Andira, and Athena. Those three already bring the pain, so there isn't much room for him unless I want to wanpan. That's also why I'm not spending my points on Astra to hurry the process.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Even beyond wanpan he's just stupid strong, he just enables everyone else on your team so well. I would try running him over Athena for anything that you don't need her survivability (assuming andira = sheep here). The 4 turns of echoes are really nutty with how many sources of echo fire can stack alongside assassin buffs, especially if you ever make 5* Esser.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    people who run teams focusing on getting the evokers out of the backline asap are COWARDS

liEt3nH.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHie8D0eMoA

Getting the evoker out of the backline asap is fun and all, but for a really good time have you ever considered running your evoker frontline instead, and then killing her on turn 1?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    ph blake wrote: »
    Even beyond wanpan he's just stupid strong, he just enables everyone else on your team so well. I would try running him over Athena for anything that you don't need her survivability (assuming andira = sheep here). The 4 turns of echoes are really nutty with how many sources of echo fire can stack alongside assassin buffs, especially if you ever make 5* Esser.

Oh, Anila, right. I keep mixing up their names.

And yeah he's really good, and I'll use him once I get him, but I don't think my grid's enough to really make him shine. Shiva and Sheep basically make up for what I've got through sheer power with Athena ready to keep my sorry ass alive if whatever I hit didn't just die instantly. I can't express enough how much of my Fire power revolves around brokenness that is Shiva and Frey summons.

Fair warning to anyone who plays with sound, maybe turn it off for the beginning of this new event or make sure you're somewhere without anyone else around, because Anthuria.

Also, 30K Arcapoints in the shop? I'm gonna need those for sure.

Anthuria is a sweetheart, but yeah the moans are kinda a lot.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    i love to moan and fuck

liEt3nH.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Sun Evoker+The Sun 5* is literally the best value proposition in the game. It’s so freakin nutty.

I literally refuse to actually make them until I unlock Nier and Geisenborger, because if I didn’t I’d probably ever step into Arcanum again after unlocking the the Sun 5* and the character.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Reminder that arcarum isn’t that bad, and you can skip most of it now (provided it’s been cleared once), except for the three boss fights per path, if that’s your pleasure.

(I know skipping the first 2 stages before a boss isn’t wise, if you’re collecting colour fragments, but those can be purchased for arcapoints anyway)

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    You are deeply harming your long term gains if you do Arcarum skip. I'd really suggest instead looking into ways to make it as painless as possible, such as setting up on-ele nuke teams in every element, investing in Swordmaster+Threo+Lunalu, memeing Lethal Hit from Depravity, or any of the other kill strats.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    You are deeply harming your long term gains if you do Arcarum skip. I'd really suggest instead looking into ways to make it as painless as possible, such as setting up on-ele nuke teams in every element, investing in Swordmaster+Threo+Lunalu, memeing Lethal Hit from Depravity, or any of the other kill strats.

I already have teams that can nuke basically everything in arcarum, personally. The only sections of the path that feel worth doing for me are the ones with a boss at the end (which I typically don’t skip to, because of the colour fragments). The others make me feel like I’m wasting my time.

jnij103vqi2i.png

I already have teams that can nuke basically everything in arcarum, personally. The only sections of the path that feel worth doing for me are the ones with a boss at the end (which I typically don’t skip to, because of the colour fragments). The others make me feel like I’m wasting my time.
    You get less Arcapoints from skip and you don't trigger path bonus bosses, which is a direct hit to Astra acquisition and locks you out of path fragments.

Yes you can pay for them, but that means again you're getting even less Astras over time.

XNnw6Gk.jpg

You get less Arcapoints from skip and you don't trigger path bonus bosses, which is a direct hit to Astra acquisition and locks you out of path fragments.

Yes you can pay for them, but that means again you're getting even less Astras over time.

Neat.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    ultimately most suboptimal farms on my part happen because it's not that or doing it right, it's that or Nothing, i just don't have the focus/patience in my day to do every single thing that i want to do in the game

arcarum is nice because the tickets stack up, but especially during things like magnafest where you get double tickets, i'm just mashing fast clear so that i actually get SOMETHING from arcarum while i'm not actively pursuing it. the day i don't do m1s i just get NOTHING

the game has too many goals, i will Never finish the ones i have, but i'll chip where i can

liEt3nH.png
    Yeah, I resisted buying the ticket cap upgrade for a while because it wasn't efficient, but eventually the appeal of having a 2-4 week buffer where you don't have to care about arcarum won out.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Hey, did they make changes to Danua recently? Her new SSR art suggests she’s far more cognizant of her surroundings now, which is nice.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Hey, did they make changes to Danua recently? Her new SSR art suggests she’s far more cognizant of her surroundings now, which is nice.

It's notionally the continuation of the SR 5* story, which is extremely rare/basically never happens.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited January 2020
    Jin's kit looks terrible at first glance, but then the numbers came out and wow they're nice. 90% CA cap up at max stacks is bonkers, though having his ramp be dependent on boss triggers is kinda... eh.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    587c0pdllino.png

liEt3nH.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

So I did some stuff today.

Need 2 more grain drops before I get the costume, but honestly I'm most excited about the extra 10 charge bar for Song, lets me go down to 3 buttons for my light EX+ team.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited January 2020

This is my new favorite piece of granblue art

Taking Faa-san to disneyland is the best

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Since yesterday was a federal holiday I got to go a bit nuts; finished boxing for Okto and now I have 4000 meat that I'll be lucky to burn through.

Spending the bar on Uno for the eternals wonder was such a huge QOL buff. It cut my ex+ down to a comfy 3 button OTK and made boxing relatively easy.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    xWOgQ6Vl.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    God, this GW was weird.

Everything was super inflated, but I feel like I didn't actually grind much thanks to Full Auto letting me just press a few buttons every couple of minutes while Granblue played itself in a separate window.

Ended up doing enough for exactly 500 Valor Badges, though whether I buy an eviolite/sunstone/gold brick depends on the date and element of next GW.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Woops I forty boxed instead of doing responsible things

ph blake wrote: »
    God, this GW was weird.

Everything was super inflated, but I feel like I didn't actually grind much thanks to Full Auto letting me just press a few buttons every couple of minutes while Granblue played itself in a separate window.

Ended up doing enough for exactly 500 Valor Badges, though whether I buy an eviolite/sunstone/gold brick depends on the date and element of next GW.
    I'm fairly salty about this one. Weekday GW is garbo. I had to do so much catchup work on the last day just to hit my box target and fell way short on honor because of the inflation/not having enough time to do both.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Don't worry, next GW is in 3 weeks so you'll get a chance again soon!

God I hate the back to back Jan/Feb GW, what the fuck game

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    https://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=28987

@Stilts Zeta uncap is happening with this event (starts in 3 hours or so, runs till the 6th), have to complete the event story through chapter 6 to uncap her.

Reddit has a translation of her changes and she looks really, really good.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Welp, RIP Cassius.

(Probably not forever, but holy crap)

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Welp, RIP Cassius.

(Probably not forever, but holy crap)

Awwe he’s fine.

All that means is WE’RE GOING TO THE MOON NEXT YEAR ALLRIIIGGHT.

Someone finally solo'd Lucilius HL with fire, holy shit (the other player is just there to give out a free host for practice, they don't press any skills/summons/take turns).

Every other element has had multiple solo clears with various classes, but a fire solo was thought to be impossible because they just don't have the tools to manage stacks with dispel while still passing the 10 and 3 percent triggers safely and playing around the "no doubling up on races" restriction.

This guy has been streaming attempts for a while and finally managed to safely pass 10 last week (and then immediately panicked and died lol), looks like he finally did it.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I don’t know why I’m surprised there are people who can solo HL Faa-san, but here we are.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Zeta has been uncapped. My new main fire team is Metera, Zeta, and Shiva. Feels good to finally get Zeta in there.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited January 2020
    I don’t know why I’m surprised there are people who can solo HL Faa-san, but here we are.

Some elements have an easier time than others, either because of characters (light, funf and zoi are amazing), access to powerful grid options (dark, 3 majestas means you actually have to try and take damage), or both (lol wind is broken).

Garrison is frankly one of the more busted weapon skills in the game, letting wind and dark easily reach 200-300% defense up while still playing at 30-50% hp (which in dark/wind with double primal and a solo grid is something like 25k, at least). And they get to do this without pressing a single button or committing any character slots, thanks to the free 30k nuke at raid start. Because of how defense up works (scales linearly, where 100% defense up is a 50% reduction in damage taken), it's easy to see how this can get out of hand.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Legfest gave us a new Ilsa in light!

Also, in what I assure you is a complete coincidence, I found out that if you spark a new character on the banner it still gives you a red ring.

7h8wnycre6vs.png