As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crisis on Infinite [Chat]

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I also need to watch Paprika as it feels like it's something right up my alley

but watching an entire movie? in this time economy??

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Paprika is very good!

I go through phases of putting paprika in fucking e v e r y t h i n g

Because it's delicious, you see

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Paprika is very good!

I go through phases of putting paprika in fucking e v e r y t h i n g

Because it's delicious, you see

The Hungarian strategy

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    While yer at it; Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers are also wonderful!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    with bojack it wasn't even the actual theme, it was this piano cover of it, which I still think is quite brilliant

https://youtu.be/B36NOsTu4VI

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Paprika is very good!

Wait, we're talking about the spice right? Cause that shit is tasty.

• Options
    Penzys do a spice mix called Galena Street and I put that on everything, it is powered by paprika, yus

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    it's so weird to me that paprika in english only refers to it when made it into a powder

since paprika here is a bell pepper - and the spice is just paprika powder

so it's like mentally tripping on a cobblestone kind of

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    5n567vtpaua41.jpg
    me irl

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Hi I know it's extremely weird that we have a designated bed for unmarried women in my family ranch house BUT can I just say that that bed is: extremely fucking comfy, the comfiest bed, I'm never getting married

(And we don't really hold to that rule very much tbh but still)
    My mother designates separate beds for my wife and me when we visit on account of us being unmarried (according to her).

Completely unrelatedly, my wife hasn't accompanied me on many visits since we got married.

I think we all need more details here about the marriage recognition system failure
    My wife and I got married but it wasn't a Catholic wedding.

Ergo, it wasn't real, and to avoid any potential confusion about that fact my parents didn't attend.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The past three days have sucked for various unique reasons. Today: I want to work from home, my PC worked perfectly when I turned it off last night. Now my dvi port gives no signal. This has happened before and I can’t remember how I fixed it. Perfect last night - nobody touched it since - dvi doesn’t work the day I want to telework.

My days are n e v e r bad I don’t understand how this week has sucked so fucking much eat a duck.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    The past three days have sucked for various unique reasons. Today: I want to work from home, my PC worked perfectly when I turned it off last night. Now my dvi port gives no signal. This has happened before and I can’t remember how I fixed it. Perfect last night - nobody touched it since - dvi doesn’t work the day I want to telework.

My days are n e v e r bad I don’t understand how this week has sucked so fucking much eat a duck.

this hurt me to the core to hear

because that is me nearly every time with a technical problem

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hi I know it's extremely weird that we have a designated bed for unmarried women in my family ranch house BUT can I just say that that bed is: extremely fucking comfy, the comfiest bed, I'm never getting married

My mother designates separate beds for my wife and me when we visit on account of us being unmarried (according to her).

Completely unrelatedly, my wife hasn't accompanied me on many visits since we got married.

I think we all need more details here about the marriage recognition system failure

Ergo, it wasn't real, and to avoid any potential confusion about that fact my parents didn't attend.

Yikes

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

This is sort of amazing. I wouldn't have guessed people like this actually exist. I'm amazed you still visit your parents

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

This is sort of amazing. I wouldn't have guessed people like this actually exist. I'm amazed you still visit your parents

My roommate's parents attended his wedding.

Which just happened to be the same day his parents had papers served to my roommates suing them for grandparents rights for no other reason than to fuck with them financially.

I grew up thinking that my parents were just how all parents were. You know, just nice normal people with their shit together who provided for their kids and weren't utter assholes.

I've definitely spent the last couple of decades learning that no, in fact, that means they were awesome parents and wow was I an ungrateful oblivious little shit at times.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Believing in God is still a thing!

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Ignooooore

Burnage on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    For all my parents' flaws, they're still in the upper 1% of parental quality and I make sure they know I appreciate that.

Also, no marriage is valid without the blessing of the High Holy Flame so you meat bags best learn to accept your sinful fleshy ways.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ugh. Slept so bad tonight. And that was before April started getting antsy at 5 am.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My first wedding was Catholic, so I guess I'm screwed if I meet another Catholic lady

Mrs Rhesus wasn't even religious or from a particularly strict family: she'd just been brought up Catholic and it was easier to get married in a Catholic church than a CofE one outside of our parish

Also cheaper than a non-church venue

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Well shit only took them getting their heads out of there ass and modernizing the game to an acceptable degree

• Options
    My first wedding was Catholic, so I guess I'm screwed if I meet another Catholic lady

Mrs Rhesus wasn't even religious or from a particularly strict family: she'd just been brought up Catholic and it was easier to get married in a Catholic church than a CofE one outside of our parish

No then you just look in the eyes of the priest and you lie.

You stare him down with a look that dares him to call your bluff.

• Options

I am available for supernatural interventions if anyone needs a priest to bow to a real higher power.

No holy servant can stand up to my rendition of Hell Fire.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I am available for supernatural interventions if anyone needs a priest to bow to a real higher power.

Sure they can! Just... not for long because of the whole incineration factor.

• Options
    The earlier paprika chat means I now want delicious nameless Hungarian paprika sausages

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Sure they can! Just... not for long because of the whole incineration factor.

I mean it's hardly a Disney song without the special effects.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i carefully maintain the illusion in my brain that i am not dreadfully, horribly bored with my job so i won't quit, because it pays quite well and has great benefits and a pension

but it's communications. this new job is even more communicationsy. i'm advising people on strategic communications for a huge departmental shift.

it's so fucking boring i can barely bring myself to put my fingers on the keyboard. but now at least there are like, national media attention stakes, and high up government officials who'll be looking at what i'm doing with a critical eye

that will motivate me somewhat, right

pretend you're writing fantasy communiques

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Believing in God is still a thing!

Not recognising marriages outside of your own personal subset of a specific religion is what I struggle with not that there are still theists.

• Options
    The earlier paprika chat means I now want to go sleep

Just kidding, there's no correlation, I always want to sleep

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

More importantly is that lady wearing a wolf t shirt?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I let it loop many times because I thought that was the case, but I’m still not sure. There’s definitely a tree, though.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Hm.

Might have had too many vodka and orange juices last night.

hmmmm

• Options

Or just keep collecting religions

I've got Church of England baptism and a Catholic wedding so far, so maybe plan for a Greek Orthodox funeral

Gotta catechism 'em all

• Options

I've got Church of England baptism and a Catholic wedding so far, so maybe plan for a Greek Orthodox funeral

Gotta catechism 'em all

Inquisitors

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Gotta catechism 'em all

Inquisitors

I expected that

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Baptized according to Pall-Sadow Sith tradition

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    A recent study carried out by Saint Louis University in Missouri has shown that the use of cannabis prior to sex does, in fact, have a number of positive impacts on one’s sexual experience, particularly for women.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bogart. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

This discussion has been closed.