As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crisis on Infinite [Chat]

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    way6ll6bs251.png

oh no!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2020
    I am assuming those assigned the ticket linked to someone who died will be ceremonially drowned at the end of the movie.

Bogart on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am assuming those assigned the ticket linked to someone who died will be ceremonially drowned at the end of the movie.

Actually it's going to be in real time, whoever gets Propeller Guy is in for a surprise.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

This is a criminal level of cuteness.

I can't even with this.

I can't.

How dare you, sirrah.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    A recent study carried out by Saint Louis University in Missouri has shown that the use of cannabis prior to sex does, in fact, have a number of positive impacts on one’s sexual experience, particularly for women.

The number of ways this strikes me as very potentially problematic is far more surprising than it probably should.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hello. I watched Dolemite last night. Turns out Murphy and Snipes can still act?

• Options
    the government sent out a load of industrial machinery to forcibly remove homeless peoples' tents (its not been confirmed what kind of machinery, i assume some sort of street sweeper?) and a homeless person got mangled in the machinery and is in critical condition in hospital

jesus fucking christ

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Kiteman! Hell yeah!

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I’m watching a bit more of The Revenant now during lunch and I understand the title now.

Also that was a quick recovery from 100% obviously lethal wounds even if treated by modern medicine. I think they might’ve overdone their wound effects.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    I’m watching a bit more of The Revenant now during lunch and I understand the title now.

Also that was a quick recovery from 100% obviously lethal wounds even if treated by modern medicine. I think they might’ve overdone their wound effects.

Just think of it as another Wolverine story.

• Options
    Honk wrote: »

the bit where he real spoiler
    cauterised the open wound on his neck
    was a bit too much for me

• Options
    I think the movie might be a very high budget very high art-factor version of The Crow.

• Options
    Somewhat relatedly I really like Tom Hardy but occasionally wonder if he’s a great actor or if he is the actor-equivalent of an impressionist-comedian.

He can’t remember when I last heard his actual voice.

Voices (great voices) and uncomfortable staring is his thing.

That said people think Jack Nicholson is great and he only has one character as well.

• Options
    our wework is playing Kendrick and it sure is weird hearing the nword in work

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hello. I watched Dolemite last night. Turns out Murphy and Snipes can still act?

i've been curious but i gave a huge backlog of things i want to watch after ending a year of dating someone, which meant a year of never getting to watch what i wanted to watch

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    as an aside, i am really bad at choosing people to date. i always come out the other side feeing like i wasted a lot of time

and that hits harder the closer i get to 40

• Options
    oh also good morning i am not in a bad mood or anything i guess i just needed to vent lel

okay autocorrect changed or to of and it took me several tries to get the cursor in the right spot to fix it because the newest version of ios is a giant piece of shit so now i'm in a bad mood

• Options
    Frank in The Departed and the Joker in Batman are very different characters. Nicholson isn't exactly a chameleon but he doesn't just rock up and pull the same shtick every time. He doesn't alter his voice much, doesn't do accents and has a very singular face with a very recognisable grin.

Some actors just work that way. Connery is the same. Every character has Connery's immense personal charisma and his accents are risible, but damned if he don't convince every time.

• Options
    Wait, shit. What happenened, Chanus?

• Options
    Frank in The Departed and the Joker in Batman are very different characters. Nicholson isn't exactly a chameleon but he doesn't just rock up and pull the same shtick every time. He doesn't alter his voice much, doesn't do accents and has a very singular face with a very recognisable grin.

Some actors just work that way. Connery is the same. Every character has Connery's immense personal charisma and his accents are risible, but damned if he don't convince every time.

dustin hoffman might be the champ of this

he's always dustin hoffman but it always works

• Options
    I dunno: Rain Man is very different from Tootsie.

• Options
    Goldblum is now so known for it he can turn up in a movie and just do his Goldblum thing. Like that's the whole reason he was cast. Get in front of the camera and be a bit weird and spaced out and kinda charming, Jeff, but first put on this ruler of the planet costume.

• Options
    Compare that to The Fly.

• Options
    I dunno: Rain Man is very different from Tootsie.

is it though

• Options
    Compare that to The Fly.

He's pretty Goldblummy in The Fly. It's toned down in the service of the film (as it should be), but it's not like he's a different person.

If no one's seen the Tall Guy they should see that, as it's very funny and has him in a romantic lead role. Early in his career but a lot of the film rests on his considerable charm. There's a scene where he's auditioning for a Stephen Berkoff play and it's got one of his best line readings of all time. It gains if you know who Berkoff is and what he's like, but it's still brilliant.

• Options
    Wait, shit. What happenened, Chanus?

oh chan chan and i broke up

just the usual it wasn't working out kind of thing

i don't think i'm built for relationships

• Options
    Oh man, sorry to hear that. Internet hugs for you.

• Options
  • Options
    i mean it stinks in the sense that all my relationships seem to end for the same reason i can't do anything about

but also in the immediate sense it's kind of a relief to not have to have the same struggle over the same issue over and over so i'm mostly in a good place about it

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

The actors that work the exact opposite way scare me a bit. I'm still not entirely sure what Guy Pearce looks like and I've seen him in a ton of films.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    way6ll6bs251.png

oh no!

Only if it's this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9w5bgtJC8

• Options
    mjfb2mi0zypc.jpeg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    There was a discussion that Ireland and Northern Ireland alternate ownership of the coaches of the Belfast-Dublin train, the Enterprise?

I am literally next to such a train right now and unfortunately there is no external indication of this. The livery and registration numbers are all the same.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So social pressure and fear has brought up the 2019 vaccination rates. So good. News here is still talking about it. Good. Keep that shit in the public conscience.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Hello I’m not happy and I’ve also not been sleeping well because my bedroom is always hot
    The two are correlated but not entirely causal
    It’s a factor though

But hm I haven’t really been happy yet in 2020
    Lots of not good

poo
  • Options
    At least it’s already Wednesday

poo
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Hello I’m not happy and I’ve also not been sleeping well because my bedroom is always hot
    The two are correlated but not entirely causal
    It’s a factor though

But hm I haven’t really been happy yet in 2020
    Lots of not good

Have you tried watching Hot Fuzz?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    It is a good movie

poo
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @Sir Landshark I'm a bit late on this but most fast food chains don't allow the workers to accept tips or gifts.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    due to a lack of suitably-sized replacements I fitted a 36w ceiling lamp where a 10w one once sat

it's very... sunny

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.