As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV] is the only parent I ever knew

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    If you had shown me just those LotR cast photos, and asked me to guess the show, I never would have.

But some of those people are good/okay actors!

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh my god, Titans S2E6. The scene where
    Krypto catches a rocket and spins it back around to hit the guy that fired it

led to me collapsing in tearful laughter, pausing the video while still laughing, then walking outside to contemplate what I had just seen, before returning (and re-watching that scene).

It's the best superhero scene ever

Give the person who wrote that scene all the Emmys. And the Logies (the Australian equivalent), I'll allow it.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    i woke up early to finish up the circle before pax south, and there is an entire episode where everyone has to choose a rival and start a public beef with them, stating why they deserve to win over them

this fucking show is perfect

edit: unfortunately i am off team shooby for good now, @poorochondriac

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/hbo-invited-us-to-a-westworld-dinner-party-where-we-we-1840975766

This sounds like the most anxiety inducing experience ever and not in a particularly good way holy christ

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    For fuck's sake, what a stupid thing. Roasts are juvenile at best and mean-spirited at actually.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The GF and I decided to try watching that show The Order the other day.

Before started we talked about how it was supposed to be kinda corny but how if we know that as long as it's fun we can still enjoy the experience.

And... Holy shit that show is SO BAD.

Like on every level it's bad. The writing is bad, the characters are bad(ok that's part of writing but still), the acting is bad, the sound design/music is bad.

We are generally open to watching some kinda dumb stuff for fun but we were both actually laughing trying to get through that show.

So anyway, that's my review of that.

• Options
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/hbo-invited-us-to-a-westworld-dinner-party-where-we-we-1840975766

This sounds like the most anxiety inducing experience ever and not in a particularly good way holy christ

i have always wanted to have a meal end with me getting into a fist fight with a robot

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

i have always wanted to have a meal end with me getting into a fist fight with a robot
    But its just an actor pretending to be a robot!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

But its just an actor pretending to be a robot!

look i will take what i can get okay

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just wrestle my roomba after lunch every day.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Finished Dracula, that was definitely a ride.

Saddly I enjoyed the first episode the most and wasn't really enjoying the direction it took, but apparently I'm a masochist and needed to finish it...the SO couldn't watch the last episode

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

dont_date_robots.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

dont_date_robots.png

You're not my real Dad.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2020

Guess whose (former) company provided the robot

edit: oh, looks like this was a different event. We have given Westworld some rude quippy robots for publicity stunts in the past.

related, some dude once punched one of our bots for "looking at his girlfriend's tits" (it had a neck alignment problem)

tynic on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

edit: oh, looks like this was a different event. We have given Westworld some rude quippy robots for publicity stunts in the past.

related, some dude once punched one of our bots for "looking at his girlfriend's tits" (it had a neck alignment problem)

Now it's got a face alignment problem

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

I’ve seen worse pitches for the inciting incident of the robot uprising

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    If you had shown me just those LotR cast photos, and asked me to guess the show, I never would have.

But some of those people are good/okay actors!

ITS NOT LORD OF THE RINGS IS SECOND AGE THEY ARE DIFFERENT GOD

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

You know, I'm honestly surprised you haven't yet.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

Wait, can people use that excuse too?

• Options
    A duck! wrote: »

Wait, can people use that excuse too?

I want it on record that I have never stopped you using that excuse, regardless of outcome.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Magicians S4E3 has my favorite sequence this show has ever done

Holy shit

• Options
    So much good shit in S3 and S4
    i went from "yeah I guess I kind of like this show" to "everyone please watch this so we can talk about it, I don't CARE if you don't like S1"

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I was extremely down on the end of Season 1 (which wasn't even particularly good leading up to that point), and a lot of its issues extend through Season 2

I do not blame anyone for not continuing the show past the first season

But the card game in Season 4 is maybe my favorite thing that a magical society would come up with in... all of fiction?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I loved Magicians season 1, there’s just been so many other shows I’ve watched/caught up on/wanted to watch it dropped to a pile and I haven’t really caught up since. I’ll try to fix that soon

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    magicians got really good by the end of season 1!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I read the book and I hated it so I never started the show

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

it diverges enough to be significantly different

it deals with some very real shit though

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I have a suggestion for your next vacation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuG6F8896qw

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Shorty wrote: »

I read the book and hated it but watched the show anyway, and the show is so, so much better.

Edit: though one of my friends looks eerily like Quentin and it throws me off in both directions. I'm less down on show Quentin because he looks like my friend, but then I keep expecting my friend to be a lot nerdier and pathetic than he really is.

tynic on
  • Options
    quentin is what harry potter would be if he existed in our real hellscape of a planet

a chronically depressed millennial that's kinda gay and hates authority figures

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    quentin is what harry potter would be if he existed in our real hellscape of a planet

a chronically depressed millennial that's kinda gay and hates authority figures

That's... yeah. Probably spot-on.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    also it's important to note that quentin actually has depression

so all of the mopeyness and shitty decisions and manicness are absolutely realistic things a person would do

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Nobody's made a robot up to the standards of Hooters yet.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Magicians is still on my list. I got a couple episodes into season 2 and didn't like the direction it was going haven't been able to push through to the good stuff

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Magicians is one of my favorite current shows on TV.

And each season has managed to really keep the show going cool places even when I worry it won't.

It just manages to hit so hard on very serious and real subjects and manages them so well while also being a goofy over the top fantasy show.

It makes me feel every emotion possible and I really really love it.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Finished S4 of Channel Zero. Probably the weakest of the seasons, but still pretty dang great. A real shame they aren't making more or something else like this.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options

I would awesome this but the fact the show ever existed in any form is not deserving of an awesome.

This discussion has been closed.