As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crisis on Infinite [Chat]

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    via reddit -> wikipedia
    In 1924, Bogdanov started his blood transfusion experiments, apparently hoping to achieve eternal youth or at least partial rejuvenation. Lenin's sister Maria Ulyanova was among many who volunteered to take part in Bogdanov's experiments. After undergoing 11 blood transfusions, he remarked with satisfaction the improvement of his eyesight, suspension of balding, and other positive symptoms. His fellow revolutionary Leonid Krasin wrote to his wife that "Bogdanov seems to have become 7, no, 10 years younger after the operation". In 1925–1926, Bogdanov founded the Institute for Haemotology and Blood Transfusions, which was later named after him. But a later transfusion cost him his life, when he took the blood of a student suffering from malaria and tuberculosis (Bogdanov died, but the student injected with his blood made a complete recovery). Some scholars (e.g. Loren Graham) have speculated that his death may have been a suicide, because Bogdanov wrote a highly nervous political letter shortly beforehand. However, others attribute his death to blood type incompatibility which was poorly understood at the time.

so

i guess stealing the blood of youth works? hmmm

poo
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    grasshoppers wear jaunty green berets, it is known

While this is objectively true, the green foam and the white fluff are there to make it easier for me to see them on the water.

• Options
    I've finished three books so far in January

I'm glad I idly created a Goodreads account to track stuff

when i was in seattle i was visiting some friends who tracks like, everything

it would be nice to offload some things to records, but i do not have the diligence for it

one of them has a giant spreadsheet where she tracks so many things daily

i tried to just track the concerts i went to and couldn't even keep that up

poo
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Via reddit as well, Im sure
    Past research had found a link between two signaling pathways in C. elegans — the insulin signaling pathway and the target of rapamycin pathway — and aging. Specifically, scientists found that altering the former pathway doubled a worm’s lifespan, while altering the latter increased it by 30 percent.

Logically, that means altering both pathways should increase the worms’ lifespan by 130 percent. But as the authors of this new C. elegans discovered, it actually increased their lifespan by upwards of 500 percent.

No you gotta eat the ground bodies of these GMO worms if you wanna be Methuselah

My dad has a crackpot theory that some genetic freak really lived to 500 once and Im gonna be so mad if it is validated.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    via reddit -> wikipedia
    In 1924, Bogdanov started his blood transfusion experiments, apparently hoping to achieve eternal youth or at least partial rejuvenation. Lenin's sister Maria Ulyanova was among many who volunteered to take part in Bogdanov's experiments. After undergoing 11 blood transfusions, he remarked with satisfaction the improvement of his eyesight, suspension of balding, and other positive symptoms. His fellow revolutionary Leonid Krasin wrote to his wife that "Bogdanov seems to have become 7, no, 10 years younger after the operation". In 1925–1926, Bogdanov founded the Institute for Haemotology and Blood Transfusions, which was later named after him. But a later transfusion cost him his life, when he took the blood of a student suffering from malaria and tuberculosis (Bogdanov died, but the student injected with his blood made a complete recovery). Some scholars (e.g. Loren Graham) have speculated that his death may have been a suicide, because Bogdanov wrote a highly nervous political letter shortly beforehand. However, others attribute his death to blood type incompatibility which was poorly understood at the time.

so

yo, where the blood boys at?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2020
    I keep track of books I read on Goodreads and use it to provoke myself into reading if I haven't been doing enough.

I tried for a year to record every cultural thing I went to or book or movie I consumed but mostly this felt like book keeping for a blog I don't possess.

Bogart on
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Morning my fellow silly geese who decided it would be a smart idea to stay up past 3:00 am when they know they have something to do in the morning

Or is that just me

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    New hobby for 2020: I'm going to start shopping for picture frames at second hand shops.

I need so many frames.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I like reading but I never read, except a week every five years where I read as fuck, then I don't again.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    an hour a go

Hey dad can you take me to home depot I need to get a bathroom mirror

sure lemme eat breakfast and ill get back to you.

just now

not sure when ill make it there if i leave i wont have a parking spot to come back to its full here maybe later it may be better

*facepalm* god I cant count on him for anything

• Options
    Hahaha

"Megxit"

Fire all journalists.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    The inner flask of the thermos I use to bring coffee to work shattered at some point during my commute.
    Fuckin' brilliant. A+ start to the day right fucking there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    via reddit -> wikipedia

so

yo, where the blood boys at?

what-is-mad-max-fury-road-1561506181.jpg

poo
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

let's friend up

I'm loathe to just post the url to my profile cause it has my name : (

e: huh, loath and loathe are different

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    put in for an LPI training at work

the die is cast!

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

poo
  • Options
    *sighs*

*looks at the ocean, wistfully*

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    blows my mind how different the Dynasty Warrior games are

6-9 are all such different beasts gameplay wise if you look past the button mashing

There is something past the button mashing?

you bet.

Last I played was drunk at my friends house in HS. Also, it was DW 3 or something.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Is it a coincidence that I have exactly as many fingers as I can count on my fingers?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    *sighs*

You are at the Ocean, during a Wednesday.

*looks at cubical, angrily*

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

let's friend up

Dammit I sent a friend request before I saw you didn't know the difference and now I'm disgusted by you.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    i made bougie ass cherry garcia ice cream this weekend with a fuckton of luxardo cherries and a block of shaved chocolate. It's too good. I'm going to have to make another batch with vanilla bean to make the most legitest ice cream ever.

• Options
    A loathestone is used to measure the depth of ones contempt.

• Options
    blows my mind how different the Dynasty Warrior games are

6-9 are all such different beasts gameplay wise if you look past the button mashing

There is something past the button mashing?

you bet.

Last I played was drunk at my friends house in HS. Also, it was DW 3 or something.

2-5 are pretty bare bones.

6-9 are where they start changing stuff up signifigantly

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I want to make some home made Americone Dream

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Reddit is down this morning. They did some "emergency service" patches for our office last night. Each day, I'm terrified that they'll see just how much time we waste on that site and block it in the office. But no, this time it seems like reddit has pooped itself.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

let's friend up

Dammit I sent a friend request before I saw you didn't know the difference and now I'm disgusted by you.

catfished 😎

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    *sighs*

No? I am actually in my bedroom trying to muster up the energy to make sure I have everything I need in order to have a comfortable time staying with Mom in the hospital

It's an unfunny reference to Idea Channel made without purpose or direction is what it is, to be honest

• Options
    I want to make some home made Americone Dream

I'll do more swirls when i have an actual grown up fridge. The best method I've used involves spreading the freshly churned ice cream on a frozen metal tray, smearing the room temp swirl on top of that, and then scraping and loading into a container. I basically have a bullshit dorm fridge like a baby so its straight mix-ins for now.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Reddit is down this morning. They did some "emergency service" patches for our office last night. Each day, I'm terrified that they'll see just how much time we waste on that site and block it in the office. But no, this time it seems like reddit has pooped itself.
    It seems to be working here in UKistan?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    *sighs*

No? I am actually in my bedroom trying to muster up the energy to make sure I have everything I need in order to have a comfortable time staying with Mom in the hospital

It's an unfunny reference to Idea Channel made without purpose or direction is what it is, to be honest

Kobold be kind to yourself you are dealing with kind of a lot

sig.gif
  • Options
    that reminds me: wife is taking point on short term rental hunt 2020. I need her to put ACTUAL FUCKING FRIDGE in the "need to have" bucket right up there with public transport commutable.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    that reminds me: wife is taking point on short term rental hunt 2020. I need her to put ACTUAL FUCKING FRIDGE in the "need to have" bucket right up there with public transport commutable.

how is the public transit in charlotte?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    hm i shoulda bought way more microsoft stock apparently

poo
  • Options
    *sighs*

Kobold be kind to yourself you are dealing with kind of a lot

…yeah, that I'll concede

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    hqdefault.jpg

Holy shit I definitely had this game

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Leftover stew and dumplings leftover stew and dumplings!

• Options
    First of all this is cool I guess

secondly these are the kind of dunking on people I crave

• Options

how is the public transit in charlotte?

not as shit as you'd expect. They have a one light rail line and buses that flow into downtown (which is inexplicably called "uptown"). Our office is a 10 minute walk from the bus depot.

This discussion has been closed.