As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Pounded in the Butt by Australia's Dildo
    by Chuck Tingle

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Ayers Cock

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    That reminds me of when I got someone's "How could you do this to me?" breakup texts.

Followed about a month later with "I'm happy now with someone else and FUCK YOU!" texts.

I don't remember the exact words of the second one (decade ago with an old phone), but I do remember that the general gist of them, as well as the late hours they came up on my phone lead to the impression that they were sent after having some excellent sex with their new partner.

This reminds me of while playing Everquest, I send a friend of mine a friendly "hello" tell and received several very explicit replies.

Because using /reply for your cyber is a bad idea.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Bad News: After 20 years of hoping medicine might be able to repair it, man has arm amputated.
    Good News: He kept it, had it taxidermied, and mounted.

https://www.newsweek.com/amputated-arm-preserved-taxidermist-1479889

The best parts are 1) He did what's called a European Mount, which means basically just the bones are mounted. 2) In order to do that, you have to remove all of the flesh, which was done by using 3) beetles to eat off all the necrotic tissue. Then 4) because the taxidermists didn't know human anatomy they had to call a doctor to put it back together. And last, but best of all, 5) "He told the station he plans to keep the arm behind his kitchen sink."

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Bad News: After 20 years of hoping medicine might be able to repair it, man has arm amputated.
    Good News: He kept it, had it taxidermied, and mounted.

https://www.newsweek.com/amputated-arm-preserved-taxidermist-1479889

The best parts are 1) He did what's called a European Mount, which means basically just the bones are mounted. 2) In order to do that, you have to remove all of the flesh, which was done by using 3) beetles to eat off all the necrotic tissue. Then 4) because the taxidermists didn't know human anatomy they had to call a doctor to put it back together. And last, but best of all, 5) "He told the station he plans to keep the arm behind his kitchen sink."

I thought the best part was about the woman who had something done with her leg:
    Newsweek wrote:
    She had the limb skeletonized in a similar fashion to Holmgren's arm and now travels the world with it, documenting its journey on her Instagram page.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Burglar gets tired, calls 911:
    Cartersville Police say 911 got a call from a man saying he was trapped and needed help but he wasn't sure where he was. Investigators pinged the phone and it led them to Salgado Tires on North Tennessee Street.

Police responded and found 30-year-old Nathaniel King on the floor underneath some tires. He was trapped. Police managed to free him.

A friend of the owner of Salgado Tires says King didn't appear to be hurt, but he was extremely upset.

"The guy was crying, he was sitting there saying 'my wife is waiting for me, I want to go home'," said the friend.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Must be time for him to retire from his life of crime.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »
    Must be time for him to retire from his life of crime.

Exactly, a chance for him to tread a new path in life.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    He's not a very good rubber

• GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »

His life was just going in circles before this.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

His life was just going in circles before this.

He really needs to align with his needs and find a better work-life balance.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    It's not been a good year for him so far

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    McDonald's advertising department in Japan continues to not think marketing through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHlf4-wqvAY
    There is an innocuous commercial and everything! But all that innocent creamy goodness is undermined by poor word choice.

McDonald’s is calling this tasty treat the “Otona no Kuriimu Pai” (大人のクリームパイ), which means an “adult cream pie” and inadvertently evokes the sexual slang. This was certainly not the fast-food chain’s intent. I hope.

Otona no (literally, “adult’s”) can have a neutral meaning of something that is for grown-ups or something with sexualized connotations. So someone should’ve known?

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Secret sauce indeed.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    McDonald's advertising department in Japan continues to not think marketing through:
    No, it's just some clickbait jackass generating views, cause a cream pie is... exactly what it says on the tin. The sex act is a completely different word.

It's like someone in Japan going 'lolol! Man, did Adidas mess up! Did you hear they that in the U.S. they released a chinstrap!'

Gabriel_Pitt on
    Kansas Man requests the most weaboo response to divorce proceedings:
    A Kansas man has asked an Iowa judge to let him engage in a sword fight with his ex-wife and her attorney in a trial by combat that will settle their ongoing legal dispute.

David Ostrom, 40, of Paola, Kansas, said in a 3 January court filing that his former wife, Bridgette Ostrom, 38, of Harlan, Iowa, and her attorney, Matthew Hudson, had “destroyed (him) legally”.

The judge had the power to let the parties “resolve our disputes on the field of battle, legally,” David Ostrom said, adding in his filing that trial by combat “has never been explicitly banned or restricted as a right in these United States”.

He also asked the judge for 12 weeks’ time so he could secure Japanese samurai swords.

Can't make this shit up, folks.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The Legal Principle of Air Bud, there is no rule that explicitly says dogs can't play basketball.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Good grief, I can't imagine being married to someone who thinks that's a good idea.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Neither could she, by the end

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Y'know, if both parties completely consented to it... I'd freakin' let them. Not with swords, obviously. More like stiff foam bats or something. And completely supervised. Basically in some way where nobody can possibly get seriously hurt. I guess it'd be more akin to a sport with points and a ref than an out and out fight to the death. Otherwise yeah, if you two idiots actually agree to it, go for it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    12 weeks to secure steel, is he having a full daisho of tamahagane made in Japan?!

I know of a least half a dozen swordsmiths in the US that do good work with a real edge and you'd be talking 4-5 weeks lead time, tops.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Trial by combat is the only logical conclusion of legal self representation.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    If he's challenging, she should clearly be the one to choose the weapons.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Burglar gets tired, calls 911:
    Cartersville Police say 911 got a call from a man saying he was trapped and needed help but he wasn't sure where he was. Investigators pinged the phone and it led them to Salgado Tires on North Tennessee Street.

Police responded and found 30-year-old Nathaniel King on the floor underneath some tires. He was trapped. Police managed to free him.

A friend of the owner of Salgado Tires says King didn't appear to be hurt, but he was extremely upset.

"The guy was crying, he was sitting there saying 'my wife is waiting for me, I want to go home'," said the friend.

Looping back here, @AngelHedgie 's original pun of "Burglar gets Tired" is so on point. Give the man some hearts!

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

He chose the implement. She can choose the location of the duel.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Looping back here, AngelHedgie 's original pun of "Burglar gets Tired" is so on point. Give the man some hearts!

At ~160,000 combined post reactions to date, I don't think Hedgie needs much help accruing forum points.

(nor do I imagine they care, or that anyone should, but since the matter is being explicitly noted...)

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    12 weeks to secure steel, is he having a full daisho of tamahagane made in Japan?!

I know of a least half a dozen swordsmiths in the US that do good work with a real edge and you'd be talking 4-5 weeks lead time, tops.

In a poetic twist, the Judge makes him sign each document 16 times.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

He chose the implement. She can choose the location of the duel.

So, as long as she chooses the high ground this should be a done deal.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

In a poetic twist, the Judge makes him sign each document 16 times.

It sounds like this is the latest bunch of BS between these two, and the judge is more than a little fed up with both of their shit.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Demanding trial by combat sounds like a good way to lose the custody battle.

steam_sig.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Demanding trial by combat sounds like a good way to lose the custody battle.

"I will split the child in half."

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

This seems kind of mean honestly. She seems like she's good natured about it, but if experts tell you how to handle an animal, especially a wild one, and you listen to them, you're not "tricked".

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Feds arrest operator of swatting group with white supremacist ties:
    The US government has criminally charged a Virginia man for helping to organize dozens of "swatting" attacks and bomb threats made against a variety of targets in the United States and Canada. The man allegedly belonged to a group that coordinated via IRC and Tor hidden services to target prominent gamers, journalists, and government officials.

The group's online chats were often racist, with comments suggesting antipathy toward Jews and black people. In one case, the group made a fake bomb threat to the Alfred Street Baptist Church, a predominantly African American church in Alexandria, Virginia.

Security reporter Brian Krebs was one of the first to report on the arrest of defendant John William Kirby Kelley. Krebs was the target of a swatting call he believes was organized by the group.

Kelley allegedly did research for the group, identifying possible targets and suggesting that others make calls. He also helped maintain the group's infrastructure, according to the FBI.

Kelley was identified by authorities after he called in a bomb threat to his own school. While he blocked his own number during that call, he later made a second call to the police without properly blocking his number. Investigators realized that the two calls might be connected, questioned Kelley, and eventually got a warrant to search his devices. Police quickly found videos, chats, and other records Kelley had saved documenting his involvement in other hoax calls, the FBI says. They also found recruiting material for Atomwaffen, a violent white supremacist group.

I hope they throw the book at him.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    No, it's just some clickbait jackass generating views, cause a cream pie is... exactly what it says on the tin. The sex act is a completely different word.

It's like someone in Japan going 'lolol! Man, did Adidas mess up! Did you hear they that in the U.S. they released a chinstrap!'

The folks who brought us Bukakke weren't aware of the sexual connotations of "cream pie" ?

Sure...

Mortious wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

This seems kind of mean honestly. She seems like she's good natured about it, but if experts tell you how to handle an animal, especially a wild one, and you listen to them, you're not "tricked".

"Drop bears" are a well known Australian myth.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

The folks who brought us Bukakke weren't aware of the sexual connotations of "cream pie" ?

Sure...

It's not in english though, and their word for that sex act is different.

Should they check every possible translation into every language for everything now?

Move to New Zealand
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Sure...

Should they check every possible translation into every language for everything now?

Depends if they want to sell them to people who speak those languages. GM choosing "Nova" for a model name did them no favors trying to sell it to Spanish speakers who heard it as "doesn't go." Japanese McDonalds do get business from English speakers visiting or living there so it may have been worth checking in this case.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    GM choosing "Nova" for a model name did them no favors trying to sell it to Spanish speakers who heard it as "doesn't go."
    But that is a marketing myth!

edited January 2020

Sure...

Depends if they want to sell them to people who speak those languages. GM choosing "Nova" for a model name did them no favors trying to sell it to Spanish speakers who heard it as "doesn't go." Japanese McDonalds do get business from English speakers visiting or living there so it may have been worth checking in this case.

It's a Japanese product being sold in Japan with a Japanese name, the idea that they have to account for American slang is ridiculous. It's fine to have a little laugh that you can translate a forgein phrase into something related to sex in English (and basically everything is slang for sex/sex-related in the US) but having to "account" for it is not.

The Nova thing is false btw.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
This discussion has been closed.