As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[movie] thread: slam in the back of my jackula

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    billie eilish is one cover song away from being an all time fav of mine

the fact that she just turned 18 is pretty goddamn impressive to her success and talent

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    she is so impossibly sad already

real ahead of the curve

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    she is so impossibly sad already

real ahead of the curve

zoomers aka the sad and gay generation

we should all be so blessed

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    there's still time, we'll show them who's really sad and gay around here

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Thirty-seven minutes into Book Smart

I have died

Couldn't breathe from laughing

They should have sent a poet

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    OKay, i'm holding you all to account for not letting me know that Birth.Movies.Death interviewed that one guy who saw Cats on mushrooms.
    First things first: Why the hell did you do this?

As a masochistic connoisseur of bad cinema, I knew since the Cats trailer came out that I needed to see this hideous disaster, in a theater, and very high. I was visiting with family for the holidays so I didn't get to see it right away when everyone on Twitter was shrieking in horror about what they'd just experienced. So after New Year's, the full Cats experience became a priority. On Monday I have to dive heavily back into work and start a whole health kick, so this strange post-holiday week was pretty much my last chance, and I decided I was going to go all in. Instead of taking an edible as I'd planned, I remembered some mushrooms someone had given me a while back and felt like if there was any chance I was going to enjoy Cats on any level, it would be melting into a psychedelic trip – just get weirded out and giggle and maybe make it fun. I was very, very wrong

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    billie eilish is one cover song away from being an all time fav of mine

She did a sad girl cover of "Bad" by Michael Jackson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv6Rt2x6kPg

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/fL75nHUigmg

"#CATS and #StarWars #TheRiseofSkywalker arrive on the same day and both contain a respected character reaching the end of her journey. I knew what I had to do: a tribute to Carrie Fisher."

Look, I was made aware of this song's existence and now you have to be aware of it too.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Bad Boys For Life embargo is up

91% on Rotten Tomatoes after 21 reviews https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bad_boys_for_life
    Uproxx wrote:
    These were two characters who, in the past, just seemed "macho." Now, for the first time, they seem human ... I wasn't expecting it, but this movie is an out and out blast.
    In other words, it’s easy to understand why a third “Bad Boys” took so long to get off the ground. It would have to be classic but modern, simple enough to stay honest but also complicated in a way that didn’t seem desperate. Most of all, it would require Michael Bay to be more self-aware than he’s ever shown himself capable of before.

Well, mission accomplished. Maybe he saw the light, or maybe he was just busy desecrating Florence on Netflix’s dime — either way, Bay realized that he didn’t have to direct this thing. Instead, he maintained his producer credit while passing the baton to Belgian duo Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah (2018’s “Gangsta”), and in doing so allowed this franchise to grow beyond the bravado that made “Bad Boys” feel too small for another chapter. The result is a fun, explosive, and surprisingly thoughtful action movie that manages to thread the needle between the pyrotechnics of vintage Jerry Bruckheimer and the softer, more forward-thinking demands of contemporary multiplex fare. It may not be as raw as “Bad Boys,” but it’s more human.

• Options
    but does anyone shoot two guns in the air while screaming

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I didn't even know they started filming that and then I saw a commercial saying it's coming out this month

The commercial didn't do it for me, but I love Bad Boys 2 so I'll check it out when it hits streaming

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    but does anyone shoot two guns in the air while screaming

Is it bad boys if they don’t

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    I’ve never seen a bad boys so this is a legit question

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That's from Point Break

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I assume in the third film they will have to fire 3 guns into the air.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »
    That's from Point Break

oh damn

looks like this shit just got real

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    OK, so watching old movies. It's the start of a decade, it's fun leaping back to the start of other decades, see what they were bringing in from the previous one.

American Gigolo (1980) - There's an interesting movie buried in here. I liked it for around 40 minutes or so where it's just him being a gigolo, how he genuinely cares for his older partners, how he clearly loves his body and working out and looking nice. But then the murder mystery happens and blah.

I think there's also something in there, buried DEEEEEEPPPPP under grim fucking layers of homophobia, about him possibly being homosexual/bi but repressing it but, again, the screenplay and time period just can't explore and therefore it comes off as grossly homophobic. Bill Duke plays his former pimp and he is hella Bill Duke. It's fiiiiinnneeee but not necessary at all, unless you want to see Gere's dong which is a pleasantly modest dong. This was also advantageous to watch because Paul Schrader will supposedly have a new movie out this year, two stones with one bird.

Rebecca (1940) - One of a small handful of Hitchcock movies I hadn't seen yet. It's really good! Very moody, snappy 40's style dialogue, overheard conversation revelations, men being shitty to women, it's got it all! A poor young woman quickly marries and falls in love with a (somewhat) older man whose wife died not that long ago. They go to his massive estate where he's kinda shitty and dramatic at her and all the staff hate her guts but she, being young and naive, really tries to make things work...until a mystery is revealed!!!

The ending stretches on too long is my only real complaint; they set up an inquest and it's just a little too much back and forth, restating what's happened while the lead gets shoved into the background while MEN talk about MEN things. Oh, by the way, real product of it's time. There's apparently some lesbian subtext buried extremely deeply in the movie but my dumb brain doesn't see it. It's not like Rope, I could pick up on that shit! Also advantageous, apparently Ben Wheatly is doing a remake this year for Netflix with Armie Hammer as the gaslighting dope of a husband, so that's cool!

So that's something from 2010, 2000, 1980, 1940 done. I've got Wilt Stillman's Metropolitan for 1990 and Argento's The Bird with the Crystal Plumage for 1970.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Can't see that without thinking "writer for Ewwwwwwww" which wouldn't be a terrible name for a horror review website.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I hear a lot of things from a lot of people about a lot of stuff ALL the time Citizen Collis I dont know if I'm willing to believe that just because you say it saying somehing doesnt make it so

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

I

am

excited

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    are we talking about Nicholas Cage

I have new Nicholas Cage Information

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I'm glad to see this because that trailer did not look great

• Options
    I was excited for Color Out of Space without needing it to be good honestly.

So if it ends up exceptional its a god dang bonus

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Is that real Nic Cage or a waxwork?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Whats the difference :p

Yeah its him. The dude in the hat is also Marilyn Manson

I have no idea how that weird crew got together

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Ticket purchased

twqzoxdnc1c1.jpeg

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Whats the difference :p

Yeah its him. The dude in the hat is also Marilyn Manson

I have no idea how that weird crew got together

One of Marilyn Manson's best friends is Billy Corgan, he's got quite a diverse group of folks.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    I haven't thought about Marilyn Manson in years

Aaaaand now I'm thinking about Celebrity Deathmatch

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFatKD0Vzo&feature=emb_title

from the director of the very fun and good Deathgasm, starring fan favorite Samara Weaving

Daniel Radcliff has guns bolted to his hands and is told to kill Samara Weaving live on an Internet murder show.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    EDIT: Totally don't have a trailer for Guns Akimbo

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    does anyone have the official trailer for guns akimbo

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man I like Daniel Radcliffe, and I hope he doesn't turn out to be a shithead

He always seems to pick real weirdo interesting movies to do

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    does anyone have the official trailer for guns akimbo

Don't worry, I got ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFatKD0Vzo&feature=emb_title

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh they finally made a Borderlands movie, huh

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Horns was so great and also horrifying

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    oh they finally made a Borderlands movie, huh

No annoying robot that they inexplicably assume everyone loves to hate, instead of just hating

• Options
    Samara Weaving looks fucking awesome in this movie

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I cannot decide if Radcliffe's accent is good

there are parts where it's better and then some that are downright Cumberbatchian

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm realizing that if you shave someones eyebrows off I will not recognize them.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.