As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

KRANCH [bad food]

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, like, for comparison I get KFC Mac every time I go and don't mind most other fast food ones

Arby's Mac is D I S G U S T I N G

CYpGAPn.png
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I enjoy KFC mac and cheese and get it every time I'm there, which I'll grant is hardly ever, but still. It's a very specific thing and I like it.

South Park definitely nailed how primal their mash potatoes and gravy are for me. I know it's probably boil-in-a-bag stir with additives crap, but good lord they lace it with something that tickles my bovine brain something fierce. That and their coleslaw are must haves every time I go there for chicken.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    kfc mashed potatoes are pretty bad but the gravy is unequivocally excellent

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I enjoy KFC mac and cheese and get it every time I'm there, which I'll grant is hardly ever, but still. It's a very specific thing and I like it.

South Park definitely nailed how primal their mash potatoes and gravy are for me. I know it's probably boil-in-a-bag stir with additives crap, but good lord they lace it with something that tickles my bovine brain something fierce. That and their coleslaw are must haves every time I go there for chicken.

Large quantities of MSG.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Back when I could have KFC, without it threatening to ruin my pants Chipotle style, I would just combine the chicken tenders, macaroni, potatoes, and gravy into a single bowl and mix it all up.

It was delicious

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Madican wrote: »
    Back when I could have KFC, without it threatening to ruin my pants Chipotle style, I would just combine the chicken tenders, macaroni, potatoes, and gravy into a single bowl and mix it all up.

It was delicious

There's a restaurant in my neighborhood that will do that but with actual quality chicken tenders and smashed potatoes and cream gravy.

Except without the macaroni. They do top it with shredded cheese and green onions and throw in some corn, though.

9w49rqnpxn14.png

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    gimme that

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    A restaurant near me had their own "gourmet" Famous Bowl. One of the owners of that place left and broke off with their partner and opened their own fancy taco place (I actually really like it but calling them a taco is a stretch). They had one that was like that for Thanksgiving. Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy and an option of cranberry sauce. The waitress said "Its the closest thing to the renowned Market Famous Bowl" you can still get" and my wife, without skipping a beat said "You mean the thing KFC had for like 4 years before that place even opened?" and our waitress acted like she had never heard of this KFC before.

it was an odd experience but I guess the chef wants credit for inventing "Crap piled on each other"

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Outdoor Coffee - Early Morning Walk and Spring Water Coffee 14:12
    https://youtu.be/w37Xvk2Qh10

Coffee making setup from 7:07 onwards

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    gimme that

Gimme that minus the corn

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    It's fine, I'll have yours.

gimme that

I wouldn't have put it in if I was making it from scratch, but it actually works really well! There's not a ton of it, and it's just these sweet buttery little nugs in among all the savory stuff.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I love a mix of mashed potatoes, corn and turkey, with maybe some butter and some hot sauce

I really don't like eating gravy

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I love a mix of mashed potatoes, corn and turkey, with maybe some butter and some hot sauce

I really don't like eating gravy

Drinking it? MRE gravy is thick though to chew

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

It was delicious

There's a restaurant in my neighborhood that will do that but with actual quality chicken tenders and smashed potatoes and cream gravy.

Except without the macaroni. They do top it with shredded cheese and green onions and throw in some corn, though.

9w49rqnpxn14.png

Yes. Give it to me. Where is this wonderland?

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    gimme that

I wouldn't have put it in if I was making it from scratch, but it actually works really well! There's not a ton of it, and it's just these sweet buttery little nugs in among all the savory stuff.

Like the peas in a shepherd's pie.

...this isn't actually that far from a shepherd's pie, now that I think about it

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »

It was delicious

9w49rqnpxn14.png

Yes. Give it to me. Where is this wonderland?

Plaza district in Oklahoma City. Let me know when you're going, you can park at my house and we can walk together.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Wait

Where the hell is that

CYpGAPn.png
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Wait

Where the hell is that

The Press! They make the worst chicken fried steak in town, but the bowl is legit. You can also get a breakfast version that adds biscuits and eggs and bacon crumbles to the unholy pile.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'll have one unholy pile, please

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'll be right over

BlankZoe wrote: »
    Wait

Where the hell is that

The Press! They make the worst chicken fried steak in town, but the bowl is legit. You can also get a breakfast version that adds biscuits and eggs and bacon crumbles to the unholy pile.

God

Thank you

CYpGAPn.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Arby’s is a chain I won’t touch with a ten-foot pole.

I ate there literally exactly once and it made me so sick it put me off of the chain permanently.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You’ll always be off the chain to me Drez

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    knitdan wrote: »
    You’ll always be off the chain to me Drez

You know what they say: Be the chain you want to see in the world.

Did the damn thing.

f6589zzc8gn8.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Did the damn thing.

f6589zzc8gn8.png

Pics or it didn’t ha-

Oh wait

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Man, if I lived in OKC my heart would give out within a couple years. I don't have the willpower not to eat all that delicious artery clogging stuff.

Sigh I have not had a chicken fried steak in a long time now I want one. Alas the lack of funds and how only one business sells a meh acceptable one here stop me

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Did the damn thing.

f6589zzc8gn8.png

Give it to me. All of it. Shove it into my maw homer-simpson-in-hell-donut-machine style and wheel me out in a barrow.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Did the damn thing.

f6589zzc8gn8.png

Give it to me. All of it. Shove it into my maw homer-simpson-in-hell-donut-machine style and wheel me out in a barrow.

Sir you'll take two wheelbarrows after this meal.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Someone break down that plate for me. I recognise fried chicken and sweetcorn. I'm guessing the topping is gravy? Though I have never learned what that actually is.

It's cream gravy, a type of roux. You mix flour and hot fat (traditionally the leftover grease from the meat in the dish) into a thin paste over heat, and then add milk and reduce it to a thick sauce. Season with salt and quite a bit of black pepper.

The bottom layer in that is a bed of rough-mashed potatoes and there's some melted cheese in the mix.

Tragically, the potato is the healthiest item on the plate.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Did the damn thing.

f6589zzc8gn8.png

Sir you'll take two wheelbarrows after this meal.

swt82fseqxex.png

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    As you can see from this text chain between my wife and I, last night's dinner was a little fishy:

9zxz0z8l81r5.png

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I haven't had sushi in so long. I need to fix that.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    6qhzs38sxyep.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.