As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

SpectrumSpectrum Archer of InfernoChaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
edited July 2020 in Games and Technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zclYeBTcN7c

Do you like Tower Defense games? Do you like cute kemono girls and boys? Are you willing to descend into gacha hell with the rest of us?

Then come join us!

----

Quick FAQ:
Arknights is originally a CN game.

Top rarity is 6*, base rate is 2% with a pity system. Fail to roll 6*s on any banner and the rate increases until you roll one after 50 rolls.

There are multiple classes and the key to success is bringing a balanced class roster to every stage.

If you perfect a stage without taking a friend operator along, you unlock the ability to replay it on auto for ease of farming.

There's a base building aspect as well that gives you resources and lets you see your characters walking around.

----

Rerolling:

Resources:
Wiki/Guide Site: https://gamepress.gg/arknights/

Recruitment Tag Site: https://aceship.github.io/AN-EN-Tags/akhr.html

Database Site: https://ark-nights.com
Interactive Map Site: https://map.ark-nights.com/

Base Skills Unlocked on Promotion: Factory Trading

Reception Room Hidden Efficiency Guide: https://i.imgur.com/uqUJTEY.png

Sanity Farming Efficiency:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmJPCsKjaWHsizcZmM9HAoZPCCPwhyoryVGMKpr7FsQ/edit#gid=363318132 - Does not include LMD/xp that drop from some maps. Has a Commendation Certificate value sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W-iH9WvnIFr5LKA7MdefB2uZ4AaLp7w_uDuvDxdPWA8/edit?pli=1#gid=991853193 - Includes LMD/xp that drop from some maps. Has a Commendation Certificate and Friend Credit value sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12X0uBQaN7MuuMWWDTiUjIni_MOP015GnulggmBJgBaQ/edit#gid=485742288 - Updated for Chapter 6

Promotion Materials: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zJynZNQf4jdzWn_aQL0YVEl0Q57AjkK1wCtCJ6_p5k8/edit#gid=0

Future Banners & Events: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1grR4bbCPLiWlZnCK_A7j-VWYy8ifVi5RriGioEETWc0/edit?pli=1#gid=2144865082

----

PA Friend Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ba4F5Udzcmpnh4uRSCaZuWRSQKP1fbEg1qZzoEyVdk/edit#gid=0

XNnw6Gk.jpg
Spectrum on

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hello new and old friends!

FYI. Guest accounts on Android are tied to your Google AD ID. If you wanna reroll you gotta reset it under Settings > Google > Ads > Reset advertising ID. This is on top of clearing the data.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    A guildmate from Epic 7 mentioned this yesterday. I guess I can take a look and see if it captures any attention.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    nQuVQff.jpg

Good enough. No Exusiai, but I'll stop rerolling with SEIBAH!, and another 6 and 5 star.

Gotta decide what of the free 5 Stars of the 4 offered to go with this.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    nQuVQff.jpg

Good enough. No Exusiai, but I'll stop rerolling with SEIBAH!, and another 6 and 5 star.

Gotta decide what of the free 5 Stars of the 4 offered to go with this.

2 6*s and one of them is Siege, seems really good! I got Exusiai but just her, still good enough for me to not bother rerolling. If it's anything like Azur Lane then I'll be throwing away the starter super units before too long.

Got to say, I really like that dupes don't just clutter up the inventory. A lot of confusing currencys though, makes me a little hesitant doing anything outside of the more obvious choices. Seems like Headhunting is the normal gacha slot machine draw to save up and spend on good banners and Recruiting is more along the lines of AzurLane/Girl's Frontline wait queue system for the more daily draw type of thing? No idea what to do with the originium tokens though.

The actual game seems easy but still going through Chapter 0, been awhile since I've done a tower defense so its refreshing at the least.

The gold crystals are exchanged for skins in the future, gacha currency, and stamina refills.

edited January 2020
    Also Re:Siege.

She's a punk Lion woman with a warhammer voiced by Ayako Kawasumi of SEIBAH! fame. Sadly, I don't think she screams Excalibur! That's enough of a sell point.

Silver Ash, Exusiai, and Siege are the ones people say to reroll for. Though the first does have an early banner.

vagrant_winds on
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    What do we know as far as balance? Like are 3/4 stars just wasted slots? etc?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    What do we know as far as balance? Like are 3/4 stars just wasted slots? etc?

There are some 3*s that have straight upgrades in terms of higher rarity but most still have some niche that is better or you won't get the better BiS versions for a long time, from what I gather. Elite helps make any of the mid rarities viable.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    VagrantWinds#0997 if anyone wants to friend me.

VagrantWinds#0997 if anyone wants to friend me.
    Spectrum#3290 is me

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    i got siege / shining / angelina as my start.
    ...guess i'm not gonna reroll!

Lucedes on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Hmm, I DO like tower defense... and anime ladies too. Guess I can give this a shot.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    How do you do the 20 rolls as a newbie before rerolling? I seem to only be able to do 10 without spending prime.

What is this I don't even.
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I like all of those things, but I am totally done with Gacha.

It feels real bad too. There's so much real talent going into some aspects of these games. I actually really was into Epic 7s lore and art direction, and of course, FFRK is a nostalgia tour de force. But Gacha is just such a manipulative business model designed with the express purpose to exploit that I have consciously decided that I can no longer support any of them and feel good about myself.

If ever Epic 7 and Square come out with more traditional-style RPGs and ditch the scummy parts, then I'll buy-in, but until then, godspeed to you all...

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Gacha is basically an instant dealbreaker for me. I dislike when games are designed to keep you playing forever - there are more games to play than ever before, so that sort of game design seems totally backwards to me. I think logically games today should be designed to provide the maximum enjoyment for a finite amount of time, and when I'm done with it there will be a dozen others for me to move on to. Sadly F2P isn't compatible with this way of thinking.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    How do you do the 20 rolls as a newbie before rerolling? I seem to only be able to do 10 without spending prime.

Yeah, I'm up to chapter 2 and haven't gotten enough to do all 21 pulls on the beginner. I think the basic strategy is do 11 individual pulls with the starting rewards and hope you get something you want and later do the 10 pull with the automatic 6* if you want to reroll.

I'm lazy though and just 10 rolled with the intention of rerolling if I didn't like my 6*.

bluecyan@4597 also, the search function is actually pretty good I have found and you should be fine with just the basic user name.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Polaritie@0712 here. Kept third reroll with Silver. I guess I'll take ranged melee man.

I've been throwing my free roll tickets out after hitting 6* and 5* on my first newbie 10 roll, and that's done alright for me? I've filled out my 4* options nicely anyways.

Edit: The auto clear option is really nice, and the idea of making it a reward for a perfect clear is interesting. Will make it really easy to turn stamina into resources anyways.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited January 2020
    I got SilverAsh on my first reroll and no other 6's. I need to take a break for now, but I'm debating whether to keep beating my head against the wall rerolling.

Darkewolfe on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am all in on Gatcha, and I love tower defense!

Note that I'm somewhat sure that your handle is case sensitive if you're having problems searching for people and/or being searched.

---

A guide for the first operation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-uE1__R5Ow

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Someone comfort me and tell me not rerolling on a SilverAshe + 3x5* pulls is fine.

edited January 2020
    Someone comfort me and tell me not rerolling on a SilverAshe + 3x5* pulls is fine.

That seems well above average. Which 5*s?

Edit: Also, with the way upgrades work those 5*s are going to be easier to get the potential unlocks on.

Polaritie on
    edited January 2020
    Actually maybe some of these aren't from the Gacha. Blacksteel, Savage, Nearl, Amiya.

Darkewolfe on
    edited January 2020
    Savage and Amiya aren't. Savage is a freebie from mail atm and Amiya is from story (and... apparently fairly good at her job?)

Polaritie on
    Woooo! Still haven't done my 2nd Newbie pull but pulled on Exusai's banner instead. Didn't get Exusai. Drat.

Instead I got non-rate-up and really good caster Eyjafjalla (6*), a 2nd Angelina (6*), and two Skyfire (5*) who's voiced by Kana Ueda (Rin Tohsaka). Not bad for a 'guaranteed single 5 star' pull.

Woooo! Still haven't done my 2nd Newbie pull but pulled on Exusai's banner instead. Didn't get Exusai. Drat.

Instead I got non-rate-up and really good caster Eyjafjalla (6*), a 2nd Angelina (6*), and two Skyfire (5*) who's voiced by Kana Ueda (Rin Tohsaka). Not bad for a 'guaranteed single 5 star' pull.

Are you using the super premium currency, or does the regular stuff drop eventually?

Are you using the super premium currency, or does the regular stuff drop eventually?

The regular currency can be obtained a few ways, but I havent quite hit the amount to finish off the newbie banner.

Daily 100, weekly 500, operations, probably other things I'm missing

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah, how are people doing more pulls? I haven't had too much time yet to get into this game, basically logged in and my free tutorial pull gave me Shining. Then I took the 3800 currency they give you and did one multi pull and got Exusai. Did a couple levels but I'm still in the tutorial but haven't seen anything that gives me more currency yet.

I gave the devs a little money. Monthly (really good value over time), $1 starter pack, and the Starter Headhunting pack. I spent one of the two 10-pulls from the Headhunting pack, and I'm saving the 2nd one for another banner. Since you only get a guaranteed 5* or better your first pull of a non-newbie banner. I do have almost enough currency now to pull the Newbie banner a 2nd and final time, which I should be able to do later today/tonight. I also haven't chosen my free 5* yet, as I was gonna do that after the final Newbie pull.

Just beat Chapter 1. Here's my progress so far.
    qC1XkYq.jpg

Tip: Elite 1'ing a 3* is literally free outside the cost in funds. No mats needed. I need to invest in even more 2*s and 3*s for the early game before I can start easily farming Promotion Mats for my 4* - 6* units.

Guys vagrant is doing it again, accumulating all the gacha luck

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited January 2020
    Can I bind to twitter, then clear data and do some more guesting to decide if I want to go back to the twitter account or go with a reroll that I bind to something else?

I quite like my SilverAsh and I spent some time playing this, but I feel like my later pull was a let down.

Darkewolfe on
    Polaritie wrote: »

The regular currency can be obtained a few ways, but I havent quite hit the amount to finish off the newbie banner.

Annihilation stages also has another 500 (?) for weekly rewards plus milestone rewards.

@vagrant_winds for the headhunting tickets, are you saving up 10 of the single use ones or are they a special 10 time pull ticket? I've been spending the single tickets as fast I get them but maybe I should save up for an assured 5* at some point?

Bluecyan wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Annihilation stages also has another 500 (?) for weekly rewards plus milestone rewards.

@vagrant_winds for the headhunting tickets, are you saving up 10 of the single use ones or are they a special 10 time pull ticket? I've been spending the single tickets as fast I get them but maybe I should save up for an assured 5* at some point?

Both. I spent a 10 pull ticket, and saved the other. But I'm also saving my single tickets myself atm. Since 10 of those also counts as a 10-pull for the guaranteed 5* and up on upcoming banners.

There's also some upcoming banners I'd rather spend resources on.

Good news is that there aren't a lot of Limited characters in this game, and we won't see the first one for a while. There's also the pity system with increasing %s until you're Guaranteed a 6* that persists across banners.

I wish this guy was playable. So many NPCs have great designs.

Q6pVvGc.jpg?1
    Source with larger image.

I guess he'll just be a 7* Defender in my heart.

Hit level 8 (mostly from autoing the xp mission), which gave me enough for the last pull on newbie banner.

My luck on it was great. 6*, two 5*s. The 6* was Silver dupe :rotate:, but the 5*s were new and I got some other useful new units.

I rerolled about 20 times and never got anything good so I went back to my SilverAsh account. Made a second pull and didn't get a 6 so that's a bummer, but I feel like it'll be more fun to play than reroll for a full day and burn out.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Bucketman#1424

If anyone wants to add me.

I rerolled about 20 times and never got anything good so I went back to my SilverAsh account. Made a second pull and didn't get a 6 so that's a bummer, but I feel like it'll be more fun to play than reroll for a full day and burn out.

Silver seems to get pretty strong upgraded anyways, and he's amazing just for his range as a melee, he fits so many deployments.

Progress before starting the day:
    yRvDyoql.jpg

Starting to round into shape but still have so much to level.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Post your Friend IDs so we can add ya. You want a full Friends list in this game for rewards.