As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Canada] is also staying home and washing their hands

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    who the fuck says razzle dazzle in the year of our lord 2020

I haven't in 2020 yet but its very ironic and only busted out to dunk on tech bros

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    And in person it requires sufficient body gestures

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    We don't have razzle dazzle, we have the apex canadazzle.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I once came up with a social robotics grant proposal with the acronym RASL-DASL and tbh I'm still pretty happy with it.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I'm both somewhat glad that my phone is set up to not blare an emergency alert in the early hours of the morning and therefore I missed the first alert as it was happening

And somewhat concerned that if it was a genuine alert that advised evacuation I would also have missed it

It took them two hours to issue the "oops we made a mistake" second message!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Got up this morning to go to my hair appointment downtown

Joined all my neighbours in scraping our cars in unison, which I thought was probably the most Canada sound possible

We had to bodycheck all the doors open, the freezing rain stayed on thick

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    The high for today is -24 and it is too cold.

Tomorrow the high is fucking -27

And the day after, too!

Send razzle dazzle asap

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    St. John's is in the middle of a blizzard. A state of emergency was called this morning and the power went out for a bit, but luckily it was only out for two hours. I'm not sure how I'm going to get out of my house because the snow is nearly up to the top of my front door.

And the snow seems to have warped my door (or my door frame) so when I opened it, I wasn't able to close my door again. I actually had to hammer it back into the frame. Not a good thing to happen.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    St. John's is in the middle of a blizzard. A state of emergency was called this morning and the power went out for a bit, but luckily it was only out for two hours. I'm not sure how I'm going to get out of my house because the snow is nearly up to the top of my front door.

And the snow seems to have warped my door (or my door frame) so when I opened it, I wasn't able to close my door again. I actually had to hammer it back into the frame. Not a good thing to happen.

Jesus, be safe. Seems like that just missed us in NS, we had a bit of snow but mostly just the wind.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    We're up to I believe 4 plowings here which seems like a lot

but I do remember last year there was basically no winter until early March where it all went to shit at once

sig.gif
  • Options
    So uh

Slow news week, eh

Steam
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Support your local protestors engage in non-cooperation with the filth

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    *springs up in bed* LICENSE PLATES

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

LOOK AT THIS SHIT

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/licenceplates-driving-ontario-driver-407-1.5466551

And they had the gall to be like "they're better than the previous Liberal plates!!" When the last license plates were made by the OPC!!

THEY DIDN'T EVEN RAISE THE LETTERING

Steam
  • Options
    So apparently a person has been attacking random people with a hockey stick and possibly a baseball bat, leaving them concussed but with all their possessions, for the last few months around the center of Montreal (Laurier to Beaubien, west to Côte des Neiges)

The police just released surveillance pictures of the suspect today

So uh be safe, Montrealers

sig.gif
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »

LOOK AT THIS SHIT

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/licenceplates-driving-ontario-driver-407-1.5466551

And they had the gall to be like "they're better than the previous Liberal plates!!" When the last license plates were made by the OPC!!

THEY DIDN'T EVEN RAISE THE LETTERING

Holy shit these are monumentally badly designed

You couldn’t possibly have designed a plate to let everyone off the hook better if you tried

sig.gif
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    So uh

Slow news week, eh

I just pulled up google news and was greeted with the headline "The millenial eco-activists stopping trains are the new colonialists" and now you've read that too so that fulfills my plan to not suffer alone

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    ehh.
    So apparently a person has been attacking random people with a hockey stick and possibly a baseball bat, leaving them concussed but with all their possessions, for the last few months around the center of Montreal (Laurier to Beaubien, west to Côte des Neiges)

The police just released surveillance pictures of the suspect today

So uh be safe, Montrealers

Paranoia Agent now on Crave TV

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    So uh

Slow news week, eh

I just pulled up google news and was greeted with the headline "The millenial eco-activists stopping trains are the new colonialists" and now you've read that too so that fulfills my plan to not suffer alone

I literally haven’t seen a single actual human being on the side of the pipeline/rail companies in this whole mess. I assume things are different in Alberta.

And can Andrew Scheer just please fuck off forever, god damn it

sig.gif
  • Options
    I thought he DID I cant believe I heard that wet pustulent voice on the radio today

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    So uh

Slow news week, eh

I literally haven’t seen a single actual human being on the side of the pipeline/rail companies in this whole mess. I assume things are different in Alberta.

And can Andrew Scheer just please fuck off forever, god damn it

Ohhh there's lots of it here in the praires. One golden copypasta from this morning (spoilered for long)
    Winnipeg Neighbourhood Watch

***Copied***
    An Open Letter to ALL “Climate Change” and Canadian energy protesters.

Dear climate change and energy protesters,

The MAJORITY of Canadians are sick and tired, and by that, I mean DONE with protesters and energy whining, uneducated cry babies. So, I have a proposal to end this once and for all.

Next protest, the whole country gets shut down for a week. Yup, you want it changed, well, here we go.

First, no gas stations. No gas, no diesel, no propane. No driving, no mail, no deliveries, no barbequing. Then, shut down the refineries. Don't need any of that dangerous product on the roads or railways.

Then, off go the pipelines. No natural gas to your houses, apartments and work places. Good luck and enjoy your freezing cold shower in your apartment and dorms. Oh ya, there would be no water either.

Then, off goes the electricity because we have natural gas and coal fired plants supplying electricity all winter.

That ought to put a bit of a damper on you daily life having to go back to cooking on a wood fire, If you can get any food, because the grocery stores will all be out of food with no refrigeration and cooling.

No stores to shop at with no point of sale registers or computers - also a little hard to shop in the dark.

Shut the whole system down and let the green parties and these radical protesters show us all how to live better for a week on “Alternative” energy

Lmfao, I love seeing protesters arriving in fossil fuel powered vehicles instead of on horseback with flags comprising of materials made via oil and gas, cell phones, and wearing clothes made in 3rd world countries probably by child
    labourers. The irony and absolute stupidity of these people and their followers is mind boggling.

Study this picture closely, now remove everything made either from or with the assistance of Oil and Gas and what would you have left?

A bunch of naked, out of shape losers freezing in the snow.

Get a lawn chair and a bag of popcorn ... it will be epic.

It’s time to restore law and order in Canada and show these radical left wing losers we will NOT allow ourselves or OUR nation to be held hostage.

Yours Truly,
    The Majority of Canadians.

Share if you stand with Canada and do NOT support these illegal blockades.

The frothing at the mouth is insane, but I'm getting really good mileage out of the "Yet you participate in society" meme.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    *chuckles in hydro power*

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Quebec, however, would like to believe that it is real, due to the hydro-powered agriculture that takes place there, but the PLQ and the CAQ definitively have plans to make it more fake.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options

Andrew shouldn't you be looking for a job or something

• Options
    For real I thought we were shot of that grinning pig fucker, not that the next unit will grin less or fuck fewer pigs I am sure

• Options
    Conservatives are so tedious

Surely there is something more worthwhile the outgoing leader could be doing

Although I guess if he was good at his job he wouldn't be outgoing

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Teck has formally announced they're withdrawing from their proposed oilsands project.
    https://www.teck.com/media/Don-Lindsay-letter-to-Minister-Wilkinson.pdf

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    Conservatives are so tedious

Surely there is something more worthwhile the outgoing leader could be doing

Although I guess if he was good at his job he wouldn't be outgoing

I mean, now that Trudeau is actually showing to be an unambiguous imperialist, he's no longer calling for a motion of no confidence (huh!), so he needs some other strawman leftists to whine about I guess

sig.gif
  • Options
    look SOMEONE's gotta defend the pro-capitalist sentiments of Paw Patrol

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    look SOMEONE's gotta defend the pro-capitalist sentiments of Paw Patrol

Stolen from the headlines of the beaverton

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    So uh, how are we all doing this week

Steam
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

not bad so far - I had last week off to recover from eye surgery, and I got permission to start working from home immediately so I've got a head start on the social distancing thing. Between Jerrica being immunocompromised due to her diabetes and her working in a nursing home with even more vulnerable people I am not taking any risks. She'll probably get it through her work eventually anyway, but I don't want to be the one responsible. Otherwise we're well stocked on staple foods and soap, and she got extra insulin in case there's supply chain disruptions or just to avoid visiting pharmacies right now.

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular

This is within walking distance from me. So you know, could be better.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

Extremely thankful I bought a bidet attachment for my terlet, because finding TP in Van is a joke rn

• Options
    Fuckin wild what a difference a week makes.

Makes me not look forward to next week!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1