As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NCAA Basketball: South Carolina Wins The Best Women's Tournamnet

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Coh-burn, if I remember correctly.

This is disappointing, especially so in light of the anecdotes about how hard he is in the subsequent posts

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Down goes Duke

Clemson on a roll?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Down goes Duke

Clemson on a roll?

At least we handled our business today. Go Noles!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Roll Tide. An undefeated team goes down!

Game Fact: There were 54 fouls. That's a lot of fouls

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Big Ten road life:

Iowa 24 FTA
    Michigan 2 FTA

WHEEEEEEEE

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Big Ten road life:

Iowa 24 FTA
    Michigan 2 FTA

WHEEEEEEEE

If you exclude Nebraska and Northwestern, the other 12 Big Ten teams are a combined 116-10 at home.

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Couple other Big Ten fun facts, thanks to the insane depth at this point:

12 B1G teams are in the NCAA tournament right now according to the Bracket Matrix (bracketmatrix.com), which is an aggregate of all projected brackets online.

The B1G has two relative cupcakes in Nebraska and Northwestern, so in theory, any team that got both of them twice has a schedule advantage, while any team that got both of them once has a schedule disadvantage. However, by chance every team in the league has exactly 3 games with these two teams.

Indiana has already played all 3 "easy" games, so all of their 13 consecutive remaining games are against projected tournament teams.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
  • Options
    Just as everyone expected going into the conference season, Illinois leads the B1G after 9 games, at 7-2 with their only losses being at Maryland and at MSU.

• Options
    UNC won it's first game this decade

Turns out Miami doesn't have enough healthy players to run practice, so that was an advantage

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    January is almost over, and there are arguments that San Diego State, Gonzaga and Dayton all could get 1 seeds. Crazy year.

• Options
    Piotyr wrote: »
    January is almost over, and there are arguments that San Diego State, Gonzaga and Dayton all could get 1 seeds. Crazy year.

Current Big Ten standings:
    Illinois (!)
    Michigan State
    Maryland
    Rutgers (!!)
    Iowa
    Penn State (!!)
    Wisconsin
    Indiana
    Minnesota
    Purdue
    Michigan (!)
    Ohio State (!!)
    Nebraska
    Northwestern

• Options
    Our best player got hurt (against Presbyterian) and our second best player is suspended, so that's fun.

• Options
    Our best player got hurt (against Presbyterian) and our second best player is suspended, so that's fun.

On one hand, the NCAA committee can consider player injury when assessing a team.

On the other hand, it would require Livers to be back and playing at full strength by March to matter.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    All good cause we’ve got that quality win vs UNC

Just like 23 other teams will have

• Options
    All good cause we’ve got that quality win vs UNC

Just like 23 other teams will have

Yes but UNC at least has a chance to get better when Cole Anthony returns

OSU peaked in November

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I just peeked at Bracketology for the fun of it even though it's way out at this point.

....they have Penn State playing in Sacramento right now. Fuck, if that happens, I'm definitely going to at least one game. Might even talk to my wife about seeing if we could give a fan or two a place to crash instead of dealing with hotels, etc.

e: Well, one of them does, anyway. Everyone's got the slots going differently.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I just peeked at Bracketology for the fun of it even though it's way out at this point.

....they have Penn State playing in Sacramento right now. Fuck, if that happens, I'm definitely going to at least one game. Might even talk to my wife about seeing if we could give a fan or two a place to crash instead of dealing with hotels, etc.

e: Well, one of them does, anyway. Everyone's got the slots going differently.

Yeah I was checking that out earlier, hoping they would slot into Spokane so I could take a long weekend.

Anyone here have any idea exactly what criteria determines what seeds go to what cities? Because in the 28th Bracketology, the Spokane games were slotted under the West, and now they are split between South and East? I have no idea what to expect or how that even makes any sense.

• Options
    NCAA tournament placement basically works like this:

1) Top four teams overall are picked. The top seed gets the regional final closest to its campus, the second seed gets the regional final left closest to its campus, etc.
    2) The rest of the teams are seeded on an S curve from 5-68.
    3) Ideally, but not absolutely, the teams are then seeded based on that S curve. So 8/9/16 overall would be paired with the #1 overall seed. Changes are made to avoid second round conference matchups whenever possible and traditionally any rematches at all before the Sweet Sixteen. This assigns teams their regions.
    4) At that point, first/second round locations are chosen. This is done to maximize attendance/give the easiest path to the highest seeds. Each location can host two "pods" where a pod is the four teams that will play for a spot in the Sweet Sixteen. For example, the #1, #16, #8, and #9 seeds in a region. The two pods do not have to come from the same region, so you could see a site host teams that are playing in the East and South regions. An example here is Gonzaga as a very high seed is almost certainly going to play in Spokane. The result here is that 1 and 2 seeds are likely playing within driving distance of campus, 3 seeds sometimes are, and 4 seeds are shipped off to Wichita.
    5) The committee does bullshit favors for teams whose athletic directors are on the committee. For example, two years ago, there were first round games in Detroit. Michigan had swept Michigan State, both were a three seed, the secondary numbers like RPI and SoS all favored Michigan, but Mark Hollis had been on the committee until 1/31/18 so MSU got the games in Detroit.
    6) All site projections before conference tournaments are voodoo and should be ignored. Site projections after conference tournaments are random guesswork after the top seeds and should be treated with skepticism.

• Options
    Thanks man!

• Options
    Welp, Cole Anthony came back and we choked against Boston College

...it's a work in progress

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    It's February 1, which means teams are now about 75% of the way through their season, and it's NCAA tournament talk time. I've been obsessed with the NCAA tournament selection process for decades now, so I thought I'd do a "blind" bracket based on the actual committee's process for selection, so those interested can get an idea of the selection method (and I'll spoiler it because it's a lengthy process, so those that don't care don't have to scroll past it).
    The summary of the selection process is this (effectively ninja'd by @enlightenedbum , but I was planning to do this anyway so I'm going to do it)
    1. The committee is composed of 10 representatives from 10 different conferences. In an effort to avoid conflict of interest, if a team in that committee member's conference is being discussed, that member cannot be a part of the discussion.
    2. The committee uses software for selection which features a nitty gritty report on each team based on NET rankings. Fortunately, enough games have been played where the NET rankings have a large enough sample size to be meaningful, so I'll use the same methods.
    3. The committee has to account for automatic bids for 32 conferences, and then selects 36 at large teams for a total of 68 entrants.
    4. The tournament teams are ranked 1-68 based on smaller ranked-choice voting based on 10-16 potential teams (aka to select the top 4 teams, the committee picks 10-16 teams to consider, and then each committee member ranks those teams, and the best 4 overall results become the top 4 teams)
    5. Once teams are ranked, the top 4 teams are assigned a region starting with 1 based on closest geographic match, with a general setup of regions so that 1 would play 4 and 2 would play 3 in the final four.
    6. After that, first round locations are assigned for teams 1-16, in order, based on geographical proximity as close as possible (aka by team 15, there are only 2 places left and likely the nearest place is halfway across the country)
    7. Then teams 17-68 are filled in such that no teams that played each other can play before the 2nd round, teams that played each other twice avoid each other until the 3rd round, and teams that played each other 3 times avoid each other until the regional final at least.

Since the committee gets 3 days to do this and I don't want to take quite that much time, here are some of my ground rules:
    1. I'm only going to consider the top 100 NET teams for at-large. Seems reasonable since there are only 36 at large teams.
    2. The automatic bid for each conference will go to the team that is currently highest ranked in NET (that is eligible for the NCAA tournament).
    3. For automatic bids that are not in the top 100 NET, those teams will be placed in the bracket in NET order, to save time.
    4. I'll rank and place teams 8 out of 16 at a time instead of 4 so I only have to do a few rounds of this instead of 40-50.
    5. I'm doing this "blind", which means I'll use the team nitty gritty report and NET ranking, but eliminate the team name and conference, as conference affiliation has no meaning in selection in theory.
    6. NET Rankings, records, all info it through Jan 31. Nothing from today in the system.

Automatic bids (32):
    • ACC - Duke
    • America East - Vermont
    • American Athletic - Wichita State
    • Atlantic 10 - Dayton
    • Atlantic Sun - Liberty
    • Big 12 - Baylor
    • Big East - Butler
    • Big Sky - Northern Colorado
    • Big South - Winthrop
    • Big Ten - Michigan State
    • Big West - UC Irvine
    • Colonial Athletic - Northeastern
    • Conference USA - Louisiana Tech
    • Horizon League - Wright State
    • Ivy League - Yale
    • MAAC - Siena
    • MEAC - Norfolk State
    • Mid-American - Akron
    • Missouri Valley - Northern Iowa
    • Mountain West - San Diego State
    • Northeast - Sacred Heart
    • Ohio Valley - Belmont
    • Pac-12 - Arizona
    • Patriot League - Colgate
    • SEC - LSU
    • Southern - UNCG
    • Southland - Stephen F. Austin
    • Sun Belt - Georgia State
    • SWAC - Prairie View A&M
    • The Summit League - South Dakota State
    • West Coast - Gonzaga
    • Western Athletic - New Mexico State
    One-bid league seeds:
    • 55. Georgia State
    • 56. Northern Colorado
    • 57. Wright State
    • 58. UC Irvine
    • 59. New Mexico State
    • 60. Belmont
    • 61. Northeastern
    • 62. Winthrop
    • 63. Colgate
    • 64. South Dakota State
    • 65. Siena
    • 66. Prairie View A&M
    • 67. Sacred Heart
    • 68. Norfolk State

Seeding - round 1
    Nitty gritty meaning:
    - NET Ranking - NCAA NET ranking
    - Record - Division 1 record
    - NC Rec - Non-conference Division 1 record
    - NC SOS - Non-conference strength of schedule rank
    - Home - Home record
    - Road - Road record
    - Neutral - Neutral record
    - Q1 - Quadrant 1 record (home v 1-30, neutral v 1-50, road v 1-75)
    - Q2 - Quadrant 2 record (home v 31-75, neutral v 51-100, road v 76-135)
    - Q3 - Quadrant 3 record (home v 76-160, neutral v 101-200, road v 136-240)
    - Q4 - Quadrant 4 record (home v 161-353, neutral v 201-353, road v 241-353)
    - Avg NET Ws - Average opponent NET ranking for wins
    - Avg NET Ls - Average opponent NET ranking for losses

Top 16
    76bhz1k9l401.png
    1. 1 - No losses, 8 wins vs Q1/Q2, 8 Q4 wins but still #1 overall
    2. 2 - 11 wins vs Q1/Q2, only 5 Q4 games, just 1 loss
    3. 4 - 12 wins vs Q1/Q2, 8 Q1 wins, only 3 Q4 games, all 3 losses good losses
    4. 3 - 6 Q1/Q2 wins, 9 Q4 games, single good loss
    5. 14 - 7 Q1 wins, 11 Q1/Q2 wins, 4 good losses, only 4 Q4 games
    6. 8 - 7 Q1 wins, 11 Q1/Q2 wins, 4 good losses, only 5 Q4 games, schedule strength just slightly below 14
    7. 12 - 5 Q1 wins, 11 Q1/Q2 wins, 4 good losses, 5 Q4 games
    8. 9 - 4 Q1 wins, 9 Q1/Q2 wins, 3 Q1 losses, 1 Q2 loss, only 3 Q4 games

Next 16 (safely in)
    pli5s0ntg75p.png
    1. 25 - 5 wins vs Q1, 8 wins vs Q1/Q2, 5 good losses
    2. 19 - 10-4 vs Q1/Q2, 3 Q1 wins, 2 Q1 losses, 2 Q2 losses
    3. 23 - 5 wins vs Q1, 9-4 vs Q1/Q2, 1 Q3 loss
    4. 21 - 5 wins vs Q1, 9-5 vs Q1/Q2, 1 Q3 loss
    5. 22 - 4 Q1 wins, 8-6 vs Q1/Q2, 5 Q1 losses
    6. 20 - 3 Q1 wins, 8-4 vs Q1/Q2, 1 Q3 loss, 6 Q4 games, 6-3 road/neutral
    7. 29 - 4 Q1 wins, 7-4 vs Q1/Q2, 1 Q3 loss, 7 Q4 games, 4-4 road/neutral
    8. 31 - 5 Q1 wins, 6-8 vs Q1/Q2, 1 Q3 loss, 6 Q4 games, 3-8 road/neutral

Next 16 (barely in)
    x6k6rlg3ckhd.png
    1. 39
    2. 33
    3. 34
    4. 35
    5. 41
    6. 38
    7. 46
    8. 37

Next 16 (bubble discussion)
    rz8q9ejuebrd.png
    1. 50
    2. 49
    3. 52
    4. 59
    5. 53
    6. 55
    7. 57
    8. 51

Bottom 40 (token discussion)
    ey1zzghe4as8.png
    Keepers:

Removed after R1:
    gr96heplneaj.png
    - Vermont and Akron are added to the bracket as a one-bid auto as seed # 54 and # 53 after being eliminated from at large consideration.
    - Georgia Tech is eliminated due to ineligibility (#89)

Seed list at end of Round 1:
    sow1uqpfxb6q.png

Seeding - round 2:
    Going to speed this up, fewer explanations, similar logic to first round:

Top 16 (protected seeds):
    snnp71yx7asu.png

Next 16: (likely safe)
    f02vols0hbeg.png

Next 16: (Bubble teams)
    7md9ukgjyfpi.png

Bottom 28: (token discussion)
    j2b6b3chpw3c.png

Removed after R2:
    7fwar5pvmot6.png
    - Stephen F. Austin, Louisiana Tech, UNCG and Liberty retain auto bids for their conference and are slotted into spots 50-53 on the seed line.

Seed list at end of Round 2:
    s7mro3xkx7kn.png
    - 36 spots taken, 32 spots left to place, 3 auto bids still need placement (American, Missouri Valley, Ivy)

Seeding - round 3:

Top 16 - safely in:
    f91e8jpwcqj3.png

Next 16 - barely in:
    obdthcfet2ya.png

Bottom 20 - End of the bubble:
    c2ygdpvhrzb0.png

Removed after R3:
    6m1d62fl2zfj.png

Seed list at end of Round 3:
    hwld69dpy2yu.png
    - 44 spots spoken for, 24 remaining, 3 auto bids left to place (American, Missouri Valley, Ivy)

Seeding - round 4:
    Top 16 (safely in):
    rdhza8l6hyi7.png

Bottom 18 (bubble):
    hsajnheqa7rq.png

Last teams out:
    4cb9c1gl2x0d.png

Full seed list:
    hw1q30sbmym4.png

Top 4 - Regions:
    Top 4 seeds are
    1. San Diego State
    2. Baylor
    3. Gonzaga
    4. Kansas

Regional sites are as follows:
    • East - New York, NY
    • Midwest - Indianapolis, IN
    • South - Houston, TX
    • West - Los Angeles, CA

Going in order, then, sites are assigned as follows:
    1. San Diego State - West
    2. Baylor - South
    3. Gonzaga - Midwest
    4. Kansas - East

Top 16 - Sub regions (pods):
    Sub regions are located as follows:
    • Albany, NY
    • Spokane, WA
    • St. Louis, MO
    • Tampa, FL
    • Greensboro, NC
    • Omaha, NE
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Cleveland, OH

Top 16 seeds are assigned in order according to geography, each pod holding 2 seeds:
    1. San Diego State - Sacramento, CA
    2. Baylor - Omaha, NE
    3. Kansas - Omaha, NE
    4. Gonzaga - Spokane, WA
    5. Seton Hall - Albany, NY
    6. Butler - Cleveland, OH
    7. Maryland - Greensboro, NC
    8. West Virginia - Greensboro, NC
    9. Villanova - Albany, NY
    10. Oregon - Spokane, WA
    11. Michigan State - Cleveland, OH
    12. Florida State - Tampa, FL
    13. Creighton - St. Louis, MO
    14. LSU - Tampa, FL
    15. Dayton - St. Louis, MO
    16. Iowa - Sacramento, CA

Final bracketing:
    Typical rules for bracketing:
    • No rematches in the first round
    • No teams that played each other twice can meet in the second round or earlier
    • No teams that played each other three times can meet in the third round or earlier
    • BYU can't be in a Friday/Sunday region or pod, as they can't play on Sundays.
    • Focus on geography, but balance overall among top 16 teams
    • Can move teams up or down one seed line to accommodate the rules.

Since I don't currently run a database that keeps track of matchups and this is already taking too long, I'll just put together the bracket straight from the seed list.

Seed-list Bracket:
    Region matchups: West v East, South v Midwest
    • West - Los Angeles, CA
      • Sacramento, CA
      • 1 (1) San Diego State (Mtn West) vs 16 (67) Sacred Heart (NEC) / (68) Norfolk State (MEAC)
      • 8 (32) Houston vs 9 (33) Texas Tech
      • Sacramento, CA
      • 4 (16) Iowa vs 13 (51) Louisiana Tech (CUSA)
      • 5 (17) Penn State vs 12 (50) UNCG (Southern)
      • Greensboro, NC
      • 2 (8) West Virginia vs 15 (59) New Mexico State (WAC)
      • 7 (25) Kentucky vs 10 (40) VCU
      • Albany, NY
      • 3 (9) Villanova vs 14 (58) UC Irvine (Big West)
      • 6 (24) Rutgers vs 11 (41) Florida
    • East - New York, NY
      • Omaha, NE
      • 1 (4) Kansas vs 16 (63) Colgate (Patriot)
      • 8 (29) Ohio State vs 9 (36) Indiana
      • St. Louis, MO
      • 4 (13) Creighton vs 13 (54) Vermont (America East)
      • 5 (20) Arizona vs 12 (47) Northern Iowa (Missouri Valley)
      • Albany, NY
      • 2 (5) Seton Hall vs 15 (62) Winthrop (Big South)
      • 7 (28) Saint Mary's vs 10 (37) BYU
      • Tampa, FL
      • 3 (12) Florida State vs 14 (55) Georgia State (Sun Belt)
      • 6 (21) Marquette vs 11 (45) Georgetown / (46) Oklahoma
    • South - Houston, TX
      • Omaha, NE
      • 1 (2) Baylor vs 16 (65) Siena (MAAC) / (66) Prairie View A&M (SWAC)
      • 8 (31) Michigan vs 9 (34) Rhode Island
      • St. Louis, MO
      • 4 (15) Dayton (Atlantic 10) vs 13 (52) Stephen F Austin (Southland)
      • 5 (18) Duke vs 12 (49) Liberty (Atlantic Sun)
      • Greensboro, NC
      • 2 (7) Maryland vs 15 (60) Belmont (OVC)
      • 7 (26) Auburn vs 10 (39) Purdue
      • Spokane, WA
      • 3 (10) Oregon vs 14 (57) Wright State (Horizon)
      • 6 (23) Illinois vs 11 (42) Stanford
    • Midwest - Indianpolis, IN
      • Spokane, WA
      • 1 (3) Gonzaga (West Coast) vs 16 (64) South Dakota State (Summit)
      • 8 (30) Wisconsin vs 9 (35) Arkansas
      • Tampa, FL
      • 4 (14) LSU (SEC) vs 13 (53) Akron (Mid-American)
      • 5 (19) Louisville vs 12 (48) Yale (Ivy)
      • Cleveland, OH
      • 2 (6) Butler (Big East) vs 15 (61) Northeastern (Colonial)
      • 7 (27) USC vs 10 (38) Wichita State (American)
      • Cleveland, OH
      • 3 (11) Michigan State (Big Ten) vs 14 (56) Northern Colorado (Big Sky)
      • 6 (22) Colorado vs 11 (43) Minnesota / (44) Memphis

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I’ve not ever seen them send a #1 seed west coast team through the Midwest Regionals so think that Kansas is more likely to slot there than Gonzaga.

Although I do have regional tickets in Indy this year again and it would be nice to see someone new. It’s been multiple instances of Michigan St.,UK, and Louisville at the prior Midwest Regionals in Indy.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Could be the first year all 4 #1 seeds are from west of the Mississippi. If both San Diego State and Gonzaga land 1 seeds, someone is being shipped either midwest or east.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Piotyr wrote: »
    Could be the first year all 4 #1 seeds are from west of the Mississippi. If both San Diego State and Gonzaga land 1 seeds, someone is being shipped either midwest or east.

I don't see it ever happening giving them both #1 seeds given how weak the strength of schedule is for both those teams.

Edit: Though given the Net rankings I might be surprised. How close to the Net rankings did they stick with in the end when they've used it.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Michigan might as well forfeit as soon as Carstensen an Wymer are assigned to their games.

• Options
    Penn State upsets MSU on the road.

We have beaten Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State in basketball in the same year. I honestly don't know if this has ever happened before.

• Options
    We live in a universe where people are currently taking about the committee disrespecting PSU by not having them in consideration for their top 16 over Iowa and MSU.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    We live in a universe where people are currently taking about the committee disrespecting PSU by not having them in consideration for their top 16 over Iowa and MSU.

If for the rest of the season every team in the Big 10 holds serve at home and beats northwestern period, PSU will finish 2nd 1 game behind Illinois.

It's a weird year of shoot hoops.

• Options
    WOLVERINES

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    They played pretty well today. Livers makes the team work.

• Options
    Duke guy starts falling well before contact is made, naturally gets the charge call.

• Options
    Carolina's string of games featuring a double digit collapse in the last 4 minutes leading to a loss is holding strong

Thank god the team shot under 50% from the charity stripe, we might have accidentally won that game after holding the lead for 39 minutes and 56 seconds of regulation

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    My Purdue kicked IU's butt at Assembly Hall on the day that Bob Knight finally returned for the first time in 20 years. Actually have two road wins in a row (even though its only Northwestern and IU) so feels like we may have turned a corner. Wheeler who had been in a incredibly bad slump the whole season actually scored 11 points and was 3/3 in 3PT with 3 rebounds.

Actually feeling good about their prospects in the first time this season.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ayo Dosunmu's leg just exploded trying for another late drive and win against MSU. That looks like a sad end to a really good season for the Illini.

• Options
    Ayo Dosunmu's leg just exploded trying for another late drive and win against MSU. That looks like a sad end to a really good season for the Illini.

Saw that clip just now...yeesh that is not good.

• Options
    Well @Mvrck good news is PSU has tied their highest AP ranking ever.

Bad news is I don't think they'll be playing in Sacramento OR Spokane. :P

• Options
    I know I said this is stupid, but let's try to figure out where people are going:

Current top 16 on bracket matrix:

(1) Baylor
    (1) Kansas
    (1) SDSU
    (1) Gonzaga
    (2) Duke
    (2) Dayton
    (2) Maryland
    (2) FSU
    (3) Louisville
    (3) Seton Hall
    (3) Auburn
    (3) PSU
    (4) West Virginia
    (4) Villanova
    (4) Creighton
    (4) Oregon

1st/2nd round sites: Albany, Spokane, St. Louis, Tampa, Greensboro, Omaha, Sacramento, Cleveland

Creighton CANNOT play at the Omaha site, because it is the host school. Other than that we're good. Conveniently the ACC in general hosts at Greensboro, so Duke gets to go there.

Baylor is the top overall seed so they get placed first. Not great for them. It's basically even between Omaha and St. Louis. We're going to say St. Louis because obviously Kansas is going to Omaha. SDSU goes to Sacramento, Gonzaga to Spokane. Duke heads to Greensboro, Dayton to Cleveland, Maryland to Greensboro, FSU to Tampa. Louisville goes to Cleveland. Seton Hall to Albany. Auburn to Tampa. PSU to Albany. WVU to Omaha. Villanova to Sacramento. Creighton to St. Louis. Oregon to Spokane.

Albany:
    Seton Hall
    Penn State

Spokane:
    Gonzaga
    Oregon

St. Louis:
    Baylor
    Creighton

Tampa:
    Florida State
    Auburn

Greensboro
    Duke
    Maryland

Omaha:
    Kansas
    West Virginia

Sacramento:
    San Diego State
    Villanova

Cleveland:
    Dayton
    Louisville

• Options
    edited February 2020
    They historically seed the top teams for the regional tournament sites (Sweet 16 and Elite 8) from what I remember from previous years. I've gone to all the Midwest Regionals that have been in Indianapolis for the last 15+ years and we always get Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan St. if they are a 1 or 2 seed.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png