As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Yeah I got 4 mill

I decided to max out sacrificial steel

uh, my paracesis now has a 99.2% chance to crit.

You can get that over 100 you know. :D

yarp, I have that speedy high range build. I think the only crit chance I have in it is the 220% crit chance.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Ugh, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. But for the past 2 days I've been stuck at 14 Fresnels. Despite collecting them physically in mission with an Archwing, or whether I'm hosting or not. I just don't see a change after coming back to dry dock. Or rezoning to dry dock. It's real bad. I don't think I've ever seen a bug this bad.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Finally finished Glast. Now for... Aten... and Marduk... and Mithra.. and Mot...

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    New frame has a lot of soldier/warfare themed abilities, including grenades, a stationary automatic rocket launcher, and a resupply station.

She also wears a veil, and her name means "harem girl".

The Combat Concubine.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    New frame has a lot of soldier/warfare themed abilities, including grenades, a stationary automatic rocket launcher, and a resupply station.

She also wears a veil, and her name means "harem girl".

The Combat Concubine.

I'm in.

Had me at "automatic rocket launcher".

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Wow, I just came home from a trip to find a real nice little infusion of cash waiting as a gift from the lotus. Guess I can put off that Index grinding, for now. I’m liking what I’m hearing about combining lich changes, so I might actually put that first notch in my parazon’s hilt soon.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    So I guess I'm starting the Sacrifice next. So emotionally exhausting.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    There's a 1mil credit Gift from the Lotus up.

Just so everyone knows, it is affected by the booster, so that's 2mil for 10 waves of defence.

There's also Gifts for a shotgun Riven and a Catalyst.

I wonder if it also doubles to $4M if you wait until reset so you also get the first mission of the day credit doubling bonus.

Turns out if you've got a Kuva Lich active they perfectly happy to steal 170k credits from that 4 million :lol:

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    It's absolute rubbish that you still need to fight hydro just to have a chance at getting the item to transmute rivens, yet they lock you out of sorties if you hit your max, and of course they're untradeable.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    So I guess I'm starting the Sacrifice next. So emotionally exhausting.
    Lose space mom, get space dad.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I only got 2 million. Thanks game for bugging out the first time I played the defense mission (it wouldn't start the last wave). And of course an aborted mission counts as "first mission of the day".

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I wish I'd had patience enough to wait a day so I could double my money, but a cool million ain't bad.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    So I guess now I need to start farming Eidolon Shards. :hydra:

My poor flaming heart.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I decided to test out Cautious Shot by firing my Kuva Ogris at the feet of my Nidus. I'm pretty sure I would have run out of ammo before I ran out of health

jothki on
    I'm actually surprised the Shedu doesn't deal self damage.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Wait, was the Gift of the Lotus 1 million only for 24 hours rather than the weekend?

Wait, was the Gift of the Lotus 1 million only for 24 hours rather than the weekend?

24 hours is the normal duration for a Gift of the Lotus. They normally only have longer timers than that if it's during a holiday.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I need so much more money to put together this railjack

Cy is so greedy
    Well, considering the team of people that were brought in to repair the railjack, the HR cost alone was probably close to a million. Especially considering that the skills to repair old war relics probably doesn't come cheap it could be plausible. Then again maybe it's because DE decided that investing in a railjack should be moderately difficult for normal players who don't have millions of credits lying around ... but IDK.

Also regarding the first mission of the day thing (that you get double credits ... whaaaat) ... which I did not know about (or didn't/never even realized) Now I feel bad. I only netted 2 million credits instead of 4 ... whomp whomp. I am a bit consoled that I had 1 million credits in my stash before that so I'm sitting on 3 million right now ... but now I wonder what could have been.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    I've never really bothered with modular weapons before, but I want to build a zaw so I can try out Exodia Brave.

Is there any mechanical difference between building a rapier and building a polearm? As far as I can tell, the stats are exactly the same, so the only real difference is whether you think your warframe looks cooler holding a small weapon or a big one.

edited January 2020
    I've never really bothered with modular weapons before, but I want to build a zaw so I can try out Exodia Brave.

Is there any mechanical difference between building a rapier and building a polearm? As far as I can tell, the stats are exactly the same, so the only real difference is whether you think your warframe looks cooler holding a small weapon or a big one.

stances and reach matter. stances have guaranteed status procs, etc.

exodia brave uses heavy attacks, which would deal more damage on a polearm (likelier to activate), unless your rapier has a crit mult? idk zaw stats.

tastydonuts on

exodia brave uses heavy attacks, which would deal more damage on a polearm (likelier to activate), unless your rapier has a crit mult? idk zaw stats.

All Zaws = x2.0. It makes me sad.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular

All Zaws = x2.0. It makes me sad.

Plague Kripath gets x2.2.

• CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Plague Keewar can be made into a Scythe.

So here's my gimmicky zaw build idea.

Plague Kripath + Shtung + Vargeet 2 Ruhang

Base Stats:
    • Damage: 274.5 (pretty good)
    • Speed: 0.75 (ultra slow)
    • Crit Chance: 36% (best possible)
    • Crit Multiplier: 2.2 (best possible)
    • Status Chance: 10% (lousy)

Mods:
    • Twirling Spire
    • Condition Overload
    • Healing Return
    • Energy Channel
    • Killing Blow
    • Body Count
    • Drifting Contact
    • Gladiator Rush
    • Quickening

Condition Overload and Healing Return are on there because both my range weapons are status weapons, so enemies will always have lots of status procs, even if the zaw itself is bad at status.

Energy Channel is there because I like to spam abilities, which Exodia Brave will help with, so the extra damage bonus will be on pretty much all the time.

Killing blow will make my heavy attacks more likely to kill, so Exodia Brave can do its work.

The remaining mods are all combo enhancers. +28 total seconds of combo duration and +20% extra combo chance. Keep in mind I'll also be getting the +60 combo efficiency from Zenurik. All of this combined should make this a pretty good heavy attack weapon.

Let me know if you think I'm missing anything important.

edited January 2020
    So here's my gimmicky zaw build idea.

I’m sure this is boring advice, but I’d suggest dropping Healing Return and Condition Overload. I find HR to just barely earn its mod slot even on a fast weapon with good status. And with best-possible crit chance and modifier, anything that buffs those will likely be stronger than CO.

I’m out of the loop on how combo counter builds up heavy attacks, since I haven’t engaged with those at all since the changes. So I’ll leave it to someone else to offer advice on buffing those.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    Healing return is needed for higher level combat for non-"never die" frames. Since enemies actually do damage.

edited January 2020
    Healing return is needed for higher level combat for non-"never die" frames. Since enemies actually do damage.

Agreed, but it’s only does the job on a fast weapon with good status. Otherwise, it doesn’t do that job less effectively, it doesn’t do it at all. Making a good pair of running shoes more useful than trapping yourself in melee combat with damage sources that outpace the slow trickle of healing. You could go pick on some lesser enemies with it, but you don’t get much health from attacks that instantly gib the enemy.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Which of the Plague Star exodias do I want? Am I crazy for thinking Contagion seems better?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    Ivan: are you making a heavy attack build, or a heavy attack spam build? the latter can just use initial combo + crit to work. with the +health on heavy attack kills. you'd also need +windup to spam heavy attacks faster.

Ivan: are you making a heavy attack build, or a heavy attack spam build? the latter can just use initial combo + crit to work. with the +health on heavy attack kills. you'd also need +windup to spam heavy attacks faster.

It's not really meant to spam heavy attacks all the time. It's more intended as a sort of one-two punch with Zenurik dashing. Whenever I'm running low on energy, I can dash to regain some as well as stun nearby enemies, then use a heavy attack to kill the stunned enemies and regain even more energy in the process.

The reason why I stayed away from the initial combo build is because it makes the Zenurik passive that increases combo efficiency useless. That probably sounds like a silly reason, but if I'm going to have that passive anyway, I want to use it.

I went ahead and built the zaw. What's the deal with pyrol? Seems far less common than the other plains metals for some reason. The wiki says you're more likely to get it if you use bad mining drills, which is rather counterintuitive.

Also, I got to see a thumper fight a hemocyte today. 8-)

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    healing return is worthless, use the other one, the one that heals you based off your heavy melee attack damage, you'll refill your entire HP off a single heavy slam attack

BahamutZERO.gif
    My max HP is pathetically low since I don't use any survivability mods at all, so either mod can get me back to full health in seconds really.

healing return is worthless, use the other one, the one that heals you based off your heavy melee attack damage, you'll refill your entire HP off a single heavy slam attack

Yeh. I haven't used Healing Return since the melee overhaul when Life strike went from marginally useful to insanely good.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    My max HP is pathetically low since I don't use any survivability mods at all, so either mod can get me back to full health in seconds really.

The difference is that Life Strike is only 4 drain. 7 if you upgrade it but that's essentially never necessary.

since he's not spamming heavy slam (the one true way to heavy), healing return may be better for him because he has a mixture of attacks that will trigger status.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Just got the Ivara Prime blueprint. Any tips on farming the parts?

• TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »

Look for rad shares for the rarer parts in the recruitment channel. And make sure your blood sacrifice to RNG is updated.

Steam ID: TetraRay
    edited January 2020
    Magus` wrote: »

Do a lot of Syndicate missions, use the rep to get void relics, hoping for some with Ivara Prime parts. Meantime, find out which type of relics award them, and run those void fissure missions with other players in hopes that someone brought them along. Maybe see if someone here (who is on your platform) or someone in in-game chat, has those relics and is wiling to run some fissures with you.

Some people go so far as to change Syndicates when they’re chasing a particular set of relics, since they can “ride down” the drop in standing with the current ones, as reputation is partially refunded and can be used for relics. That’s going a bit far, for me, as the Syndicates want a lot of goodies in exchange for building standing back up. I go for the slow, steady approach.

Zoku Gojira on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    On the relic refinement screen, you can type "Ivara" into the search and it'll bring up the relics that drop her parts so you can see which groups have 'em.
    I don't have the link handy but there's a webpage somewhere that shows where each relic drops (ie, Meso B5 drops from T2 void defense, rotation C at 15% chance or whatever). It's handy if you want to try to target farm.

Another way might be to just farm whatever tier you're missing a piece from where there's a void mission you like (ie, missing a drop from a Lith relic? Just run some Lith missions and see if somebody else has one) and then if you don't get it after a while, you might have some prime parts you can sell for plat and flip that for the Ivara piece.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    That’s going a bit far, for me, as the Syndicates want a lot of goodies in exchange for building standing back up.

Just one quick note, you only have to pay the goodies once. If you drop below that level where you had to pay a catalyst for example, you never have to pay it again.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.