As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Personally, I found Sword and Shield to be weaker than SuMo, but stronger than X/Y, on the whole. Mostly it felt like the Wild Area took a lot of the design and effort, but I don't actually like the Wild Area much. But the gyms were strong as heck, most of the characters were neat, and they managed to make the league some proper hype.

So, in general, not my favorite pokémon game, but definitely a solid enough entry.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It's hard to get a good objective ranking on the games due to how much nostalgia is involved. I personally don't understand how any list could not have R/B/Y in dead last (those games are slow, and mechanically broken, and ugly, and for people who care about that sort of thing they have the smallest Pokedex), but those lists somehow exist.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I don't care what Arlo said, I care what my experience was like. I had a ton of fun and I'm super stoked about the expansions. And Arlo is kinda on the dexit camp, I honestly ignore anything he has to say about pokemon. He's not even famous enough to appear on the Muppet movies!

I love Arlo...however I'm also opposite of his opinion.

I'm sitting at 70 hours played for Sword so far. I'm pretty sure I got my money's worth and honestly didn't notice the missing Pokemon since I had more than enough to choose from. I can't wait for the expansions.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    HeartGold/SoulSilver are the best pokemans games to date fite me!
    Edit: seriously though I share similar concerns about Swish as Sporky and Arlo's review kinda sealed the deal. But then expansion announcement has renewed my interest somewhat, and my hope that I won't be transferring my pokes that I've been transferring forward since Sapphire to Home and having them languish there forever because Gamefreak said "nah, nope, no one really liked Bidoof so he's never in a game again." Just as an example.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    jothki wrote: »
    It's hard to get a good objective ranking on the games due to how much nostalgia is involved. I personally don't understand how any list could not have R/B/Y in dead last (those games are slow, and mechanically broken, and ugly, and for people who care about that sort of thing they have the smallest Pokedex), but those lists somehow exist.

I'm not gonna place it anywhere in an official ranking or anything but there are actual advantages/positives outside of nostalgia.

Gary is great as a rival. It's fun to have basically a Wario in the game to your Mario instead of just friendships. I have heard Gold and Silver rival him in that respect but I haven't played those.

And if you're thinking of playing through a game from start to finish, something to be said for a game of its length. You can 100% it easier than any other pokemon game, if completion is all you're in the mood for. No mystery gift/event online shenanigans to deal with like the DS generation which is a pain to get access to these days.

It's actually faster in many respects than some later games because weather effects, held items, berries, entry hazards etc. do not exist. There are fewer stacks of messages to wait through every turn.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I found Sun/Moon to be a slog. SwSh has some flaws, and maybe if they had an extra year they could have fleshed out the towns and made the tree textures better, but overall it's an excellent game. I never liked a big story and having to trudge through team rockets hideout or whatever. Completing the pokedex, breeding and training Pokemon, and battling with a good team has never been easier. Would recommend to anyone, whether your a Pokemon fan or new to the series.

Matching with friends and joining raids could be better though.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Personally, I found Sword and Shield to be weaker than SuMo, but stronger than X/Y, on the whole. Mostly it felt like the Wild Area took a lot of the design and effort, but I don't actually like the Wild Area much. But the gyms were strong as heck, most of the characters were neat, and they managed to make the league some proper hype.

So, in general, not my favorite pokémon game, but definitely a solid enough entry.

Honestly, I could scrap the wild area. Give me more big wide open routes and the mixed overworld/grass spawns though. I do like the idea of it constantly swapping through weather and spawns but I'm not sure the raids are ideal. And I think that, if anything, it's too small? Regions of it pass in a blink of an eye on the bike.

The longer routes of the game are great. I think the two mines are the right size for "dungeon" areas for where they are in the game. I would like a bunch of extra side areas to explore. Totally optional, maybe someone points them out when you get near. Deep dungeons of wild pokemon just turn into repel zones, so I'm fine without that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    urahonky wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up Pokemon Sword or Shield as my first ever Pokemon game.

Lots of nerd rage on the internet over it though. Are the things people are angry over a thing i'd even realize or notice as a first timer?

No.

Depends on what you're talking about.

Part of the reason I didn't get it is all the things people said were noticeable while playing: ultra-trite and pointless dialogue, everyone just talks about the champion and his Charizard constantly. The game development was rushed to meet its schedule so there are essentially no cutscenes or anything that would require custom animation. One scene I heard discussed was where everyone in town was saying "OH MY GOD LOOK OVER THERE, SOME CRAZY SHIT IS GOING DOWN JUST OFF SCREEN" and you go there and you just missed it, but it definitely happened, trust me etc. Some gyms/towns are super brief/rushed-feeling, nothing to them at all.

I heard that while the wild area is fun, before too long it ends up feeling soulless and empty, as there really aren't any notable things to do there or hidden secrets to find - you see a cool tower in the distance, you go there, and...yeah, it's just a cool tower. Geometry. No item hidden underneath or side quest or anything.

So that's what I'm angry about. I know it's a series for children, but they can evolve a little bit. Past games have done a better job at all of these things.

Yeah see I'm the opposite. I didn't feel any of this while playing.

yeah usually we who played the game loved it, and people who didn't play the game are "angry". I didn't "hear" the wild areas were fun, I went there and had a ton of fun. Sure, the game was kinda rushed and could have been fleshed out more, that I agree. But to take that as a proof that it's souless garbage, eugh. This is easily my favorite gen since 5, and it's also better than 1 and 4 by miles.

This is a pretty bad post. You're essentially saying that all the haters didn't play the game and everyone who played it ended up loving it. You know for a fact that this isn't true, so why put this strawman stuff out there in the first place? It's totally fine that you loved the game and don't agree with criticisms you've heard. Making terrible arguments like this just make the fan community sound unreasonable.

Edit: And before this is tried, don't try to shuffle me into a hater category. I've played every gen save Ruby/ Sapphire (haven't played Sw/Sh) and am currently enjoying a playthrough of Ultra Sun. The games are definitely fun to play! I just also can't disagree they're unambitious and the game design sense is... pretty bad? There's a lot of "well we've always done it that way and traditions are the same thing as good ideas" going on.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    fwiw I think SwSh are the best games since Bl/Wh.

At the very least they're a breath of fresh air after SuMo.

I haven't played a pokemon game this much since gen1. It's just impossible to run out of things to do post game if you enjoy the play patterns of the game. there's endless multiplayer nonsense to get into. battling is actually a think you can engage in without spending all your time in frustrating breeding processes. It's hard to undersell how much having pokemon actually running around the world makes it a lived in world and fundamentally changed my behavior around tall grass. and the story this gen is super cool. the combination of this is a scheduled sporting event circuit with don't worry kid, let the adults have agency towards accomplishing things too is great

initiatefailure on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I went to YouTube to watch the video. Searched Smash Direct and every thumbnail was a spoiler. Like, I don't care that much, but jeez people.

This is why, when I woke up, I got my wife to bring it up for me.

I am so glad I slept in.
    Side note: I got a birthday email from Nintendo and they're giving out 300 Platinum coins. Wow, um...thanks?

I know that's super snarky and rude of me, but what's the point? Platinum coins are virtually useless.

Nintendo is like that friend who never gets you anything for your birthday but doesn’t want to look bad. So he reaches into his pocket and is like “Here’s this Subway coupon. $1 off a foot long combo. Expires tomorrow. Happy Birthday. Eat Fresh.”

That was last year. This year he didn’t have a coupon so he gave you the leftover arcade tokens from his trip to the only remaining Sega Gameworks. Only redeemable at that location.

Not gonna lie; if someone gave me some arcade tokens, especially SEGA ones, I'd keep, treasure, and appreciate them.

Regarding Fire Emblem, I'm a little weary of certain... aspects... of that series.

It's something I'm hoping Langrisser I & II can fill the void of.

https://youtu.be/wKAi9maPGKA

Anyone ever play the originals?

It's going to depend heavily on which aspects make you weary.
    Yeah if it's the anime women wearing scantily clad armor/clothes then I think Langrisser is worse than Fire Emblem. Both games have really good combat though.

The seeming abundance of a certain type of relationship between certain characters that only they could share, and the weird way they're treated in stuff like Heroes, where the characters feel more like puppets to some degree.

Less the latter on a game-by-game basis, mind, but on the franchise as a whole.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up Pokemon Sword or Shield as my first ever Pokemon game.

Lots of nerd rage on the internet over it though. Are the things people are angry over a thing i'd even realize or notice as a first timer?

No.

Depends on what you're talking about.

Part of the reason I didn't get it is all the things people said were noticeable while playing: ultra-trite and pointless dialogue, everyone just talks about the champion and his Charizard constantly. The game development was rushed to meet its schedule so there are essentially no cutscenes or anything that would require custom animation. One scene I heard discussed was where everyone in town was saying "OH MY GOD LOOK OVER THERE, SOME CRAZY SHIT IS GOING DOWN JUST OFF SCREEN" and you go there and you just missed it, but it definitely happened, trust me etc. Some gyms/towns are super brief/rushed-feeling, nothing to them at all.

I heard that while the wild area is fun, before too long it ends up feeling soulless and empty, as there really aren't any notable things to do there or hidden secrets to find - you see a cool tower in the distance, you go there, and...yeah, it's just a cool tower. Geometry. No item hidden underneath or side quest or anything.

So that's what I'm angry about. I know it's a series for children, but they can evolve a little bit. Past games have done a better job at all of these things.

Yeah see I'm the opposite. I didn't feel any of this while playing.

yeah usually we who played the game loved it, and people who didn't play the game are "angry". I didn't "hear" the wild areas were fun, I went there and had a ton of fun. Sure, the game was kinda rushed and could have been fleshed out more, that I agree. But to take that as a proof that it's souless garbage, eugh. This is easily my favorite gen since 5, and it's also better than 1 and 4 by miles.

This is a pretty bad post. You're essentially saying that all the haters didn't play the game and everyone who played it ended up loving it. You know for a fact that this isn't true, so why put this strawman stuff out there in the first place? It's totally fine that you loved the game and don't agree with criticisms you've heard. Making terrible arguments like this just make the fan community sound unreasonable.

Edit: And before this is tried, don't try to shuffle me into a hater category. I've played every gen save Ruby/ Sapphire (haven't played Sw/Sh) and am currently enjoying a playthrough of Ultra Sun. The games are definitely fun to play! I just also can't disagree they're unambitious and the game design sense is... pretty bad? There's a lot of "well we've always done it that way and traditions are the same thing as good ideas" going on.

Sure... if you take it absolutely literally.

But it's equally bad and foolish to pretend that there is not a wide swath of gamers out there who basically just wait for social media to tell them what to think and do rather than forming their own opinions off playing the game.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I don't care what Arlo said, I care what my experience was like. I had a ton of fun and I'm super stoked about the expansions. And Arlo is kinda on the dexit camp, I honestly ignore anything he has to say about pokemon. He's not even famous enough to appear on the Muppet movies!

I used to like his videos but I feel his efforts lately have sucked. It's been nothing but his "hot takes" on topics and hardly any actual reviews or true original content.

He used to do really nice long reviews even if they were a bit post launch, and generally I felt they were objective. Now it's just ten minute rants about the latest hot topics in Nintendo Land like "Nintendo has a Joy Con Problem!" and feels like he's on the clickbait bandwagon a bit.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    The linked video was an actual detailed review. Based on playing the game to story completion! I agree Arlo isn't that great but you're forcing a round peg into a square hole here, this is a detailed review based on someone actually experiencing the game, and the complaints within have nothing to do with dexit rage. Its probably a review I would've written if I was forced to play a Pokemon game to completion, instead of quitting while I'm ahead as they all bore me.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Is there any way we can go back to literally any other boring discourse like which controller is best? At least then it'll be more on topic.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Although I agree but talking about the Pokémon game released on the Switch is still just as on topic as the Pro Controller discussion. But we've strayed down to the opinion argument (which the controller argument does) and that's never going to go well.

Sorry for throwing fuel in that fire a few pages ago.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I've never head of langriser before. But I've always liked tactics game enough to at least try the demo.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I went to YouTube to watch the video. Searched Smash Direct and every thumbnail was a spoiler. Like, I don't care that much, but jeez people.

I am so glad I slept in.
    Side note: I got a birthday email from Nintendo and they're giving out 300 Platinum coins. Wow, um...thanks?

I know that's super snarky and rude of me, but what's the point? Platinum coins are virtually useless.

Nintendo is like that friend who never gets you anything for your birthday but doesn’t want to look bad. So he reaches into his pocket and is like “Here’s this Subway coupon. $1 off a foot long combo. Expires tomorrow. Happy Birthday. Eat Fresh.”

That was last year. This year he didn’t have a coupon so he gave you the leftover arcade tokens from his trip to the only remaining Sega Gameworks. Only redeemable at that location.

Not gonna lie; if someone gave me some arcade tokens, especially SEGA ones, I'd keep, treasure, and appreciate them.

Regarding Fire Emblem, I'm a little weary of certain... aspects... of that series.

Yeah if it's the anime women wearing scantily clad armor/clothes then I think Langrisser is worse than Fire Emblem. Both games have really good combat though.

The seeming abundance of a certain type of relationship between certain characters that only they could share, and the weird way they're treated in stuff like Heroes, where the characters feel more like puppets to some degree.

Langrisser II i think on the PSP is literally illustrated by a hentai artist.

and I don't mean "no single hater has ever played it". I just mean general impressions are vocal "likers" have played it and are still playing it, and vocal "dislikers" didn't really play it and go around posting "someone said there is a part that is not that good, so this game is very bad", or "This tree looks like shit, therefore GF has LIED to us" (that's actually a thing that's not hard to find online). But don't forget there are ton of really raging haters spamming any video that remotely likes the game. The important part is that MOST (but not all :rolleyes:) people who are very vocal about their dislike of the games and their very strong feelings of betrayal, and that actually played them, seem to have gone into the games already hating them and looking for reasons to justify all that. Remember, I said MOST but not ALL. Of course there is an unknown number of people that fit none of the categories but are not vocal about it. I hope this is enough disclaimers to stop being called a shitty poster.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • zipidideezipididee Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Is there any way we can go back to literally any other boring discourse like which controller is best? At least then it'll be more on topic.

My main joycon and backup both have a downward drift now. Is the Hori D-pad controller immune to the drift?

*ching ching* Just my two cents
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

Ok, here's my controversial opinion. I want Zen to stop with the Williams Pinball tables and go back to original content not hampered by having to be realistic mechanics. I haven't bought the last few (I will eventually) but I always end up skipping the real tables and going back to stuff like Bob's Burgers or Doom.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    zipididee wrote: »

My main joycon and backup both have a downward drift now. Is the Hori D-pad controller immune to the drift?

I haven't heard anything about drift in the Hori controllers, but I haven't looked too far into it. I assume lacking HD rumble allows them to put better quality components into the freed up space.

Ok, here's my controversial opinion. I want Zen to stop with the Williams Pinball tables and go back to original content not hampered by having to be realistic mechanics. I haven't bought the last few (I will eventually) but I always end up skipping the real tables and going back to stuff like Bob's Burgers or Doom.

I haven't played any of the Switch pinball games. Do they have tilt mechanics tied to controller waggle? That could be a neat addition (supposing you can turn it off in the options for people with tremors/hand and arm mobility issues) if not.

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    New Super Lucky's Tale was on sale on the eshop for 10% off so I downloaded the demo and tried, and I really liked. I bought it and have been really having a blast with the game. A lot of fun reminds me so much of the old school 3d platformers like Mario 64 and banjo and kazooie. I'm at the final world now, and have it 100%ed all the way up until now. Really glad Microsoft bought this over to switch.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular

Star Wars Pinball was a nice exception to that.

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I bought transistor and Gato Roboto since they were on the cheap. Transistors gameplay really didn't click with me as much as I enjoy the art and music. Roboto seems legit but I really need to finish Hollow Knight before I start more Metroids.

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Roboto is pretty fun, but it's also pretty damn short. Dont worry about getting too sucked in by it.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020

I am so glad I slept in.

Langrisser II i think on the PSP is literally illustrated by a hentai artist.

I mean, so were Mega Man Zero/ZX and Mega Man Legends 2, but I just kinda avoid their other work.

Not really what I was getting at, besides.
    and I don't mean "no single hater has ever played it". I just mean general impressions are vocal "likers" have played it and are still playing it, and vocal "dislikers" didn't really play it and go around posting "someone said there is a part that is not that good, so this game is very bad", or "This tree looks like shit, therefore GF has LIED to us" (that's actually a thing that's not hard to find online). But don't forget there are ton of really raging haters spamming any video that remotely likes the game. The important part is that MOST (but not all :rolleyes:) people who are very vocal about their dislike of the games and their very strong feelings of betrayal, and that actually played them, seem to have gone into the games already hating them and looking for reasons to justify all that. Remember, I said MOST but not ALL. Of course there is an unknown number of people that fit none of the categories but are not vocal about it. I hope this is enough disclaimers to stop being called a shitty poster.

...I have no idea how this relates, though.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Shit i'm stupid
    I was thinking of Growlanser Wayfarers of time... Thing is that some of the designs kinda denounce the former job.

camo_sig2.png
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Both series were illustrated by the same artist actually. I believe the new artist for the Langrisser remakes has also done porn works, but I don't know if they mostly known for that like the original artist (in the West anyway).

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I mean, a lot of illustrators have done porn before. It's a good way to make a buck and the Japanese market clutches their pearls less at someone who used to write hentai doujins providing the art for a non-porn series so they bother hiding it a lot less.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I've never head of langriser before. But I've always liked tactics game enough to at least try the demo.

Langrisser is basically just a Fire Emblem clone. I don't mean this in a bad way either. If you like Fire Emblem then Langrisser is an easy recommendation.

They even have a Langrisser mobile game which I rather enjoy too as it is, well, straight up Fire Emblem. It is more Fire Emblem than the Fire Emblem mobile game IMHO.

edit- My favorite part of the Langrisser mobile game is that they simply cleaned up the 90s anime artwork. Giant shouldpads and floating ring thingies for everybody! God I friggin love that artstyle so much, just so much you guys.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

Langrisser is basically just a Fire Emblem clone.

So just like Smash then?

https://youtu.be/oShTJ90fC34

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    I don't mean working in hentai is bad per se. But some of the design language "seeps through" to the games and some people will want to know that.

camo_sig2.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    It's easier to try and make a short list of illustrators and artists that draw human figures and never do nudes or porn.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    But it's equally bad and foolish to pretend that there is not a wide swath of gamers out there who basically just wait for social media to tell them what to think and do rather than forming their own opinions off playing the game.

I know we've moved on from this subject now but I did want to defend myself a little here.

Just because I posted a review that helped influence my purchasing decision in this case does not mean I am one of those people just waiting to be told what to think. I probably wouldn't have bought the game even if Arlo liked it. It wasn't just based on that review anyway, I've watched others, read comments, talked with friends about my feelings on the series etc. As I had said earlier, I was getting increasingly turned off by recent entries in the series anyway, and just wondered if the things I took issue with were still present or worse. I almost didn't buy Moon and sort of got it out of a sense of obligation, and it turned out to ring hollow in the end. I didn't want to do that again, especially when I have plenty of other things to do with my time.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I haven't bought/played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue on the GB. Looks like I haven't missed much.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I haven't bought/played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue on the GB. Looks like I haven't missed much.

I buy em, I play em, I typically enjoy them but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think were a bit stale.

Their glorious console debut would've been a good chance to really breath new life in to things. A bit disappointed they didn't. Mind you, they never said they would.

I look forward to Temtem now.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Maybe I would be burned out on Pokemon if I was playing it every single year, but I haven't gotten anything since Diamond/Pearl so all I see is the improvements.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I know Pokemon Yellow is a bit basic (and broken in spots) compared to later Pokemon games.

But its based on the cartoon and you get a Pikachu who follows you around.

And that is enough to make it fucking amazing in my eyes.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I honestly thought that yellow was just red/blue cept with Pikachu as a starter.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I honestly thought that yellow was just red/blue cept with Pikachu as a starter.

Pretty much. There were probably some technical fixes, and yes, graphical with Pikachu following you.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Pikachu is your starter, but he's not a super Pikachu like Let's Go smartly went with. You're given all three of the Red/Blue starters for free during the campaign. The cartoon Team Rocket people show up with their cartoon teams now and again. And there's a surfing mini-game that you can't even play without a Game Shark or the legit process which involves a lengthy and difficult series of tasks for Pokemon Stadium on N64, which is ridiculous considering how little new there is in the game.