As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crisis on Infinite [Chat]

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mess with nurses, with very few exceptions they have seen some shit

Often involving copious literal shit

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    You cheated the game and yourself

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Witcher 3 was cool. I got nowhere near finishing it, but my only complaint was that it could feel overwhelming at times w/re to the open world.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    got a job at Elon's Tesla Rover factory on Mars but can't afford the Mars rent prices so I commute from Earth

got docked pay this week for putting on my space suit and getting a space pod of coffee at the beginning of my shift instead of being at my station ready to work at 8:00am 😩

I'm days late to it but

You know what, I'm totally fine for docking people for not working - or at least being in their cubes and getting ready to work - at their scheduled start time

We're casual about it here, and I am over people talking about LOCAL SPORTING EVENT and laughing at 8:15 while I'm trying to plan my day and sort items I need to respond to

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Docking pay for productivity is horrible and anti-human

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I put Witcher 3 up there with The Godfather

Something people clearly say they like just to troll me

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    got a job at Elon's Tesla Rover factory on Mars but can't afford the Mars rent prices so I commute from Earth

got docked pay this week for putting on my space suit and getting a space pod of coffee at the beginning of my shift instead of being at my station ready to work at 8:00am 😩

I'm days late to it but

You know what, I'm totally fine for docking people for not working - or at least being in their cubes and getting ready to work - at their scheduled start time

We're casual about it here, and I am over people talking about LOCAL SPORTING EVENT and laughing at 8:15 while I'm trying to plan my day and sort items I need to respond to

You want to dock people’s pay because they’re actually enjoying being at work with other people? That’s nuts.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

I'm days late to it but

🙈

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I put Witcher 3 up there with The Godfather

Something people clearly say they like just to troll me

I really liked the Witcher 3, did not like The Godfather.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Six wrote: »

I'm days late to it but

You want to dock people’s pay because they’re actually enjoying being at work with other people? That’s nuts.

Pay, no, vacation time, yes. That's what we get docked for showing up late in lieu of reprimands or counseling, which everyone does since the latter fucks up your profile for .gov HR.

I'm tired of the popular clique bullshitting every morning and distracting everyone else who are left to cover phones, yes

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    You do you, man. Maybe invest in some headphones.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    if i were a business i would invest in some productivity cattle prods

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Wildly hot take: The Godfather and Witcher 3 are both good

• Options
    Help, my employees are too happy, what do I do

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Wildly hot take: The Godfather and Witcher 3 are both good
    witcher 1 and godfather 3

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I think I mentioned it leaves everyone else covering their calls

If it didn't fuck the other people over I'd feel differently about it

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm playing the Witcher 3 right now and it's real real good. Just did a quest where Geralt was in a play and the end of the quest got me a bit emotional. This game is so good!

Also I'm romancing Triss and you can't stop me.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm playing the Witcher 3 right now and it's real real good. Just did a quest where Geralt was in a play and the end of the quest got me a bit emotional. This game is so good!

That's fair, my personal code of ethics is to not stop people even when they're making the obviously wrong choice

• Options
    Romance in games is odd

Like Mass Effect

My OG Shepard never romanced anyone, because given the circumstances it didn't feel appropriate to smash with my co-workers

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Change your annual salary adjustments and/or holiday allowances to a differently named system to obfuscate that you're going to be reducing it.

• Options
    "Every crew member has issues and you're kind of the unofficial therapist"

"So no banging?"

"No absolutely not, there is no value add to this scenario"

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

*eyebrow raise*

I mean I could but I would spoil you on the books.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    mat20150521.png

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

*eyebrow raise*

I mean I could but I would spoil you on the books.
    The game gives you a reasonable explanation for why the player can have different romance options to be fair.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I bounced off the Witcher 2 and didn’t go back to it for ages, but I was glad I did.

Never played the first one. Loved the third but really there was too much game because whenever I went back to the main plot I barely remembered wtf was going on.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I finished the first bit I think? At least I picked a side in the woods and then just drifted away from the game and I have no idea why. So I've decided I'll start over and give it a proper shake again because I did like what I played before and the ol tv series has given me the impetus.

Steam says this may have been 5 years ago...oh no what is time?

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Yeah, Witcher 3 (and to an extent 2 if you're following the clues with the political side of things) really benefit from having a solid week or so to play it in rather than getting in and out of it piecemeal.

I still need to find a block of time to get through Blood & Wine which has been sitting idle in GOG for a good year or so now.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I just ran into Jerry again and he look like he saw a ghost

“You’re the lady that I had breakfast with at Glo’s, . . . right? Right? You don’t live here. Why are you here?”

:mrgreen:

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

“You’re the lady that I had breakfast with at Glo’s, . . . right? Right? You don’t live here. Why are you here?”

Something something senpai

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So now Chrome is doing this thing where if you don't have the window taking up all your monitor, then they don't show the full Youtube video in the video window

Which is fucking stupid.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I clock in 7 minutes early and still don't start working until 15 hours after my shift has started.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I bounced off the Witcher 2 and didn’t go back to it for ages, but I was glad I did.

Never played the first one. Loved the third but really there was too much game because whenever I went back to the main plot I barely remembered wtf was going on.

We just installed it last week and I was utterly gobsmacked at the amount of filler

Like, 95% of the game is inessential content

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't think SJ was talking about productivity in general but what sounds like being late to start what is essentially shift work. Now granted I'll assume in general companies plan resources in a way that's profitable to them and not what's good for the workers. But it'd probably be nice to in general be on time and be on station for your shift in order to not offload that work on others.

It's the same as trying to be on time for a meeting because you respect your coworkers time and efforts.

Or like if you're a surgeon with an operation planned for 9AM you should try to get started at 9AM.

I can come in late and do whatever the fuck as long as I do what people count on me to do.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Atomika wrote: »

Jerry like owns this site Jerry?

cB557 on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

invest those toilets that make you uncomfortable while shitting

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I wouldn’t dock pay for it but I’d be like, yo..

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

first you have to contain the spread

This discussion has been closed.