As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crisis on Infinite [Chat]

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    "everyone else is slacking off while i'm doing the work!"

sounds like you should be mad at your boss for not rewarding your efforts rather than at your fellow worker who realised they don't have to work as hard as you for the same reward

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    what if they wind up on a planet that looks like a rock quarry tho

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    wandering wrote: »
    what if they wind up on a planet that looks like a rock quarry tho

then they're fucked, you've seen doctor who

rRwz9.gif
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My body seems to use blood as sinus wash when snot doesn't seem to work.

On the plus side I feel a bit better now.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    in the expanse season 4 they go to this planet that has this incredibly striking, crazy geography and I was like oh holy shit is this that bezos money, did they fly the cast to iceland to do this shit, it looks amazing

and it turns out it's a rock quarry in Ontario

god fucking bless

rRwz9.gif
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Help, my employees are too happy, what do I do

first you have to contain the spread

nv35cgmk3nfq.jpg

• japanjapan Registered User regular

I don't understand why nobody will talk about it

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I missed it yesterday but are we mocking the booths or the marketing? Because I like those booths, I can make personal calls in them otherwise I’d have to go out in the stairwell or in the cold outside.

PSN: Honkalot
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    There are other ways to push for workplace equity and fair compensation besides just being exactly as much of a turd as you can get away with at any given time.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    We have that very model of human isolation pod in my office.

I will say, they have really good soundproofing for something that's 80% window.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have a personal booth

its called my room at my house let me stay there

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It’s like they invented a booth that you can make telephone calls from. It’s brilliant, so I can’t get why nobody thought of the idea earlier.

PSN: Honkalot
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Offices are terrible

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I almost got to the end of the basic challenge in Lumines Remastered. Those last few stages are tough.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I just ran into Jerry again and he look like he saw a ghost

“You’re the lady that I had breakfast with at Glo’s, . . . right? Right? You don’t live here. Why are you here?”

:mrgreen:
    Jerry like owns this site Jerry?

Yes. We haunt the same areas in Seattle bump into each other a few times a year. It’s kind of a running gag at this point.

Like me and @21stCentury

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Little Richard is still alive.

bosses 👏 aren't 👏 your 👏 friend 👏

VishNub wrote: »
    Offices are terrible

Ours at least have dedicated meeting rooms

People are bad at actually booking them but that's only a problem if you aren't willing to book the room while there are people sitting in it, then turf them out because they're occupying your meeting slot

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Half the Witcher 3 quests I expect to be a quick kill a monster thing end up taking hours and hours of deep questing with new characters and moral decisions and there's a main quest? What main quest?

I got a boss that keeps putting his hand on my shoulder.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

I haaaaate the unwanted touching to make you feel like they're your friend boss.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I’m in a panel about frustration and games that don’t respect your time or meet your needs, and the consensus is, yes, sometimes things are just not for you, and you need to be okay with that.

Also, success with “hard mode” shouldn’t be an aspiration if you won’t have fun or can’t endure the commitment.

I just played the extremely interesting Hellblade, and missed one danged rune thing. It is a testament to my growth as a person that I have not decided to just go back through and get it for completionism because it would not make me feel any happier and the experience would feel bad BUT ALSO for the love of heck if you're going to have off-path collectibles in a game that otherwise encourages you not to explore please just please give me a chapter select or something.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.

Start doing it back

Maybe start responding to his questions in a deliberately reassuring tone

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ive played this mission in Dynasty Warriors 8 five times and still cant get the special objective to pop

Im losing my gat dang mind

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Start doing it back

Maybe start responding to his questions in a deliberately reassuring tone

Rule one: Never break eye contact

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Offices are terrible

Ours at least have dedicated meeting rooms

People are bad at actually booking them but that's only a problem if you aren't willing to book the room while there are people sitting in it, then turf them out because they're occupying your meeting slot

No I mean labs just are way better because I don't have to deal with any of that.

Holy shit I thought my sleepy suburb was being shelled by insurgents but I guess actually the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl nd people are just going insane in a regular way instead

rRwz9.gif
    a dude on my fb from NE is bragging about how great the pats have been for last decade even though they’re not going to the super bowl

I know basically nothing about american football and fuck the pats

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    a dude on my fb from NE is bragging about how great the pats have been for last decade even though they’re not going to the super bowl

Rooting for the pats is rooting for the bad guys

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I mean that's really all you need to know

Although not even really fuck that pats, just the pats fans

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    What if we replaced cellphones with phones only at specific locations so we would not be assumed to be able to be easily contacted at all times?

Couscous on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

I mean that's really all you need to know

Although not even really fuck that pats, just the pats fans

Nah fuck those cheaters too

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
    my job has an office in near Boston so it’s real fun just learning phrases to annoy them even if I don’t know what they mean

*ahem*

BRADY IS A SYSTEM QUARTERBACK

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I’m chilling in the big data center right now with all the ISP Google Netflix etc stuff
    Waiting on some upgrades on our stuff
    So very fancy
    Actually some of these setups look like trash . Someone people went apeshit with cable management and some did none whatsoever

Bless your heart.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Offices are terrible

Where would you rather work, and what do you have to do to make that happen?

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    my job has an office in near Boston so it’s real fun just learning phrases to annoy them even if I don’t know what they mean

*ahem*

BRADY IS A SYSTEM QUARTERBACK

A good friend I've made since I moved here is from bawston and I'm stealing this to wind him up.

sig.gif
    edited January 2020
    When is the Super Bowl? I forget.

Krathoon on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    the generators are two cruise ship engines but where did they put the rest of the cruise ships
    Make you think

Bless your heart.
    Also it’s looking v likely I’ll have a Saturday to myself in Boston in March so i might try take in a Celtics game

that’d be neat

This discussion has been closed.