As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I always complain about the HUD fucking up lane vision when you start top-right and just now found out about the HUD resizing option.
    QQ

Bless your heart.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Have we talked about the new NALCS set-up yet?

The double elimination seems really good!

BUT... there doesn't seem to currently be anything for getting to the finals in the winners bracket vs the losers bracket which... seems bad?

Like if you beat a team at the end of the winners bracket and go to finals that team has another chance to win it's way back in. And then if they beat you after that they just win. So they had a second chance but you don't. And you could actually be ahead of them in games in yet they still get the championship.

I know other places will say give the winners bracket team a +1 win or something to compensate for this.

I don't know the best answer or anything but it just seems like this is gonna lead to some weird situations!

Although i guess winners bracket is less games? More time to study up while the opponent has to worry about playing against different teams besides just you?

Maybe I'm starting to convince myself it's just better.

DemonStacey on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Have we talked about the new NALCS set-up yet?

The double elimination seems really good!

BUT... there doesn't seem to currently be anything for getting to the finals in the winners bracket vs the losers bracket which... seems bad?

Like if you beat a team at the end of the winners bracket and go to finals that team has another chance to win it's way back in. And then if they beat you after that they just win. So they had a second chance but you don't. And you could actually be ahead of them in games in yet they still get the championship.

I know other places will say give the winners bracket team a +1 win or something to compensate for this.

I don't know the best answer or anything but it just seems like this is gonna lead to some weird situations!

Although i guess winners bracket is less games? More time to study up while the opponent has to worry about playing against different teams besides just you?

Maybe I'm starting to convince myself it's just better.

Is it just the EU lcs model? Because that one is awesome

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I don't watch EULCS so I don't don't know. It's a pretty standard double elimination tourney bracket.

edited January 2020
    Edit Should have googled it first

Anyone else get Sett's calling card in their look? It unlocks Sett.

https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/players-who-own-setts-calling-card-will-get-the-champion-for-free

RickRude on
    I don't watch EULCS so I don't don't know. It's a pretty standard double elimination tourney bracket.

I just looked it up, sadly it's not. In Europe in the second round Seeds 1 and 2 play each other, loser goes to losers bracket.

RickRude wrote: »

https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/players-who-own-setts-calling-card-will-get-the-champion-for-free

Yeah, it was mentioned that players who consistently get first blood in their games “impressed” Sett and they’d get him for free.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Yeah, it was mentioned that players who consistently get first blood in their games “impressed” Sett and they’d get him for free.

If only they had mentioned that anywhere.

After I got the calling card I googled it on multiple occasions. Just a lot of speculation on how to get it. Nothing on it's purpose

It's pretty damn cool of riot. Was spamming arams hoping to get him, gonna have to go into a bot game. I'm a wrestling fan and his R is just awesome.

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    It's pretty damn cool of riot. Was spamming arams hoping to get him, gonna have to go into a bot game. I'm a wrestling fan and his R is just awesome.

I think it's no longer available, but I have no idea how to confirm that.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    Ivellius wrote: »

I think it's no longer available, but I have no idea how to confirm that.

Oh I meant to play the champion.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Sett is a monster in the jungle. His first clear faster and higher health than Shyvana's, he's got good damage until level 9ish, and slamming tanks into ADCs is amazing.

He's gonna get nerfed so hard.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Played against sett in Aram - his shield is stupid

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Killed a Wukong with his clone today as Sett. He feels super great, but yeah his passives are dumb. Not much lane counterplay allowed

So I need to learn him and spam him before he gets nerfed?

Sett was a lot of fun in bot games, and actually got me my last 2 needed quests. FIrst bot game had an afk, maybe actual new players?, mannaged to take 2 dragaons and then an elder. Game after that , I was garen for last quest, and everybody wants to all mid! Knocked out my last 3 quests luckily in 2 straight bot games.

edited January 2020
    I’ve only seen Sett in one game so far, since he’s been banned by usually both teams. The one time he got through, the enemy team was Noctune, Malph, Naut, Kat, Yasuo.

I was worried that the big engage the enemy team had would just delete the squishies. Sett was all “nah, man, if they do I’ll just throw them back with my R.”

Yeah, they didn’t happen. Turns out AP Malphite is still dumb.

I do wonder how going Teemo into Sett would work, maybe with Max Q, Grasp and ignite.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sett was a lot of fun in bot games, and actually got me my last 2 needed quests. FIrst bot game had an afk, maybe actual new players?, mannaged to take 2 dragaons and then an elder. Game after that , I was garen for last quest, and everybody wants to all mid! Knocked out my last 3 quests luckily in 2 straight bot games.

In vs. AI games, AFKs and bot-run players are so common, I consider it rare to have a match that doesn't have one or two of either.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    My first game vs sett was as leona so he just kept suplexing me

rude! >: (

persona4celestia.jpg
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Senna is ridiculously fun.

• gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    Yuuuge week for Rito. LoR is back today, NALCS and LEC are back starting Friday. I am super pumped!!!

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I'm mad hype for LEC. The return of Forg1ven and the entire Mad Lions line up are very exciting.
    G2 probably win easy again but there should be a lot of great play along the way so it's fine.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Anyone try logging into LoR? Ive been trying but it says loggin' queue full. Probably not turned on yet? *Nvm I was too early

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
    I don't understand LoR at all. Like, I get card games, but the play part, attack part, all of that, it's confusing. Just going through tutorials but I don't get it.

Yay pro league is back!

Caps and perkz role swapped again. Wtf?

Man, I know Twitch Chat has decreed ADC in Season 10 LUL, but I've actually role-swapped to it from support (my wife has become interested in playing League and enjoys Thresh and Lux), and Miss Fortune is just gross right now. I've been running a Lethality build, going Duskblade, Youmuu's, Dominick's as the core 3, and it's pretty much "Okay, auto, Q, au---oh wait you're dead." It's pretty damn satisfying.

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    Man, I know Twitch Chat has decreed ADC in Season 10 LUL, but I've actually role-swapped to it from support (my wife has become interested in playing League and enjoys Thresh and Lux), and Miss Fortune is just gross right now. I've been running a Lethality build, going Duskblade, Youmuu's, Dominick's as the core 3, and it's pretty much "Okay, auto, Q, au---oh wait you're dead." It's pretty damn satisfying.

MF is considered the third ADC on this patch, behind Aphelios (very...complicated) and Senna (obviously a non-standard ADC in many ways). So yeah, you're making a good choice with her.

I know I'm biased, but jungle is the role that feels so gimped right now to me. Figuring out pathing has helped, and I need to just gank hard and more often, but it's been frustrating. My ADC games have felt plenty impactful lately, though--one of my favorites was Senna ADC with a Jarvan support; we kind of switched roles mid-game with him just trying to murder everyone and me supporting him.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    You'll be happy to know then that it appears that 10.3 will be bringing more delicious XP to the jungle!

Oh and also some Nerf batting of Aphelios, Senna, and MF. Senna's in particular is interesting: Soul drops on minions she doesn't kill up to 25%, and soul drop on cannon minions she does kill down to 2%.

Info from Mark Yetter's Twitter, sharing some previews before the patch hits.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I've had limited experience with Aphelios but he seems completely out of whack and I am happy to hear sadboi is getting more nerfs.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    My biggest frustration with Aphelios is that I can't figure out what he actually does. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a CertainlyT design, because he's massively hard to read and feels like he was designed for a totally different game.

Meanwhile Sett is a monster, how is he not getting nerfs in 10.3

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    agree aphelios is impossible to read and he's so complicated that when i look at his store page to try and figure out what he does i just go crosseyed

but the most complicated adc i play is like, jinx because i know i'm bad so i guess i'm not the target audience for ultra complicated sad boi

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    My biggest frustration with Aphelios is that I can't figure out what he actually does. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a CertainlyT design, because he's massively hard to read and feels like he was designed for a totally different game.

Meanwhile Sett is a monster, how is he not getting nerfs in 10.3

He is getting nerfed in 10.3
    Base HP regen lowered from 9.25 to 8
    Haymaker (W)
    cooldown increased from 16/14/12/10/8 to 18/16.5/15/13.5/12
    Base damage lowered from 90/125/160/195/230 to 90/120/150/180/210

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Knight_ wrote: »
    agree aphelios is impossible to read and he's so complicated that when i look at his store page to try and figure out what he does i just go crosseyed

but the most complicated adc i play is like, jinx because i know i'm bad so i guess i'm not the target audience for ultra complicated sad boi

He's honestly not that hard to understand.

He has 2 guns on hand at a time. W swaps, each has 50 ammo before it's replaced (his UI shows the next gun he's getting).

Each weapon has a Q ability. All of these Q abilities, except for his slow gun Gravitum, shoots you with the other gun as part of the ability. (Sniper marks you and then if he clicks you again you get shot by off hand, pistol hits you with both in quick succession multiple times, flame thrower autos all targets hit by the Q with his other gun, chakram turret shoots the other gun). The Gravitum Q just roots anyone who was recently hit by Gravitum.

His ult is an AOE that deals damage and then an enhanced version of the gun's thing (Sniper marks everyone, Pistol heals him, Gravitum does big slow, flame thrower aoe, chakram gives him more chakrams).

That's it.

The hard part for him and the opponent is knowing exactly what each combo of 2 guns he has is capable of, e.g. Sniper + Gravitum and easy kiting for him, Pistol + chakram can stock chakrams very fast, flame thrower and Gravitum gives him aoe slow and root, etc.)

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I find that pretty hard to understand and from your explanation it sounds like he has more than two guns...

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    He has 5 guns! It's really not that hard to figure out once you take him into a bot game or 2.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Butters wrote: »
    I find that pretty hard to understand and from your explanation it sounds like he has more than two guns...

He has 2 guns at a time. Each has 50 ammo. When you go through it all, you lose the gun, and get a new one automatically. There are 5 guns you are cycling through in total and the order you get them is the same at the start of every game. After you get each gun once, the order is randomized for each subsequent set of the 5 (you're still told in the UI which gun is next).

Added that bit of clarity to my post.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    My issue with him (i was playing ez) was that at one point he was hitting the whole wave with his autos. The projectile would spread after the first target and spread. Hitting me and minion waves in the back. It hurt like hell and slowed. There was no way to punish him for doing this.