As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Lol Navarre just crushed Asker. So much for those feathers!

The Counter phase seems so poorly designed and explained.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I skipped it last week to see if you could stockpile Counter Arrows, and the answer is no.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Yeah. I skipped it last week to see if you could stockpile Counter Arrows, and the answer is no.
    The in-game info actually says as much. Doesn't explain how the opponent's power is calculated in the Counter phase though. At the moment the only "strategy" I can see for the counter phase is to check every hour to see if Askr is "weaker" (x3 attack power) and the "combo" multiplier is maxed (x1.5 attack power), and use all your Counter Arrows then. Doesn't seem to be much point in not using them all at once.

homogenized on
  • Options
    Free pulled red today on New Power, thinking a Leif might appear or at least a red Raven time. Nope, it was free Elincia! Been hunting her for years to no avail! +Atk -spd, so workable for a chunking brave build. Quads will be harder, but maybe I'll get a merge at some point.

Excited to build her up. Found the home for my swift Sparrow seal.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Omg it finally happened
    https://youtu.be/gjHq92_LgRU

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Let's get a TMS banner in January, IntSys.

Thank you, IntSys.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I'm frankly a little amazed. I had almost convinced myself that IS was going to ignore this game in Heroes. This gives me hope for Cipher and Warriors OCs too. (not that the Warriors OCs are any good but I mean, I want everyone represented here :P They added them to Cipher anyways)

(the sad aspect is I literally have no money to spend on this right now so this banner better be effing lucky for me... I only have like 70ish orbs to work with here..)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Extreme hard pass for me. I know they've skirted this aesthetic for a while now but this crosses the line into very unappealing for me. Medieval warfare yes, Japanese high schools no. Hope it's a one off.

• Options
    I'm put off by the aesthetic a bit, but really the units just don't seem very good. Maybe they'll have really good stat spreads, who knows. Tsubasa's weapon has a decent effect, but the skill pool additions are weird. Sword Session seems good but also the order in which you take your turns is a primary concern in the harder modes, so it's kinda a crapshoot if you'll actually be able to take advantage of it. Shield Session is worse, since you can't affect the order in which enemies act at all.

• Options
    I think they tried their best to interpret TMS:#FE's Session mechanic into not broken skills.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Acheron wrote: »
    Extreme hard pass for me. I know they've skirted this aesthetic for a while now but this crosses the line into very unappealing for me. Medieval warfare yes, Japanese high schools no. Hope it's a one off.

Dear friend lemme talk to you about Persona

Transporter on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    There is also a 100% chance the FEH team used Mirage Sessions to backdoor talk about a Persona 5 collab.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I'm put off by the aesthetic a bit, but really the units just don't seem very good. Maybe they'll have really good stat spreads, who knows. Tsubasa's weapon has a decent effect, but the skill pool additions are weird. Sword Session seems good but also the order in which you take your turns is a primary concern in the harder modes, so it's kinda a crapshoot if you'll actually be able to take advantage of it. Shield Session is worse, since you can't affect the order in which enemies act at all.

I think that sort of is the point, you need to balance move order with the skill, otherwise it would be broken AF

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I'm struggling to figure out what I want to do with my Naga, who I was able to get some good merges onto from the last Legendary banner.

Her stat spread is solid across the board but not spectacular on its own, though she gets pretty fierce when Divine Breath is maxed out. She's sort of fast and with enough mixed defense to be adequate on the enemy phase, except she's not colorless, and is a flier + dragon so she has a lot of liabilities there. Her stat boosts are somewhat forgiving but still sort of awkward to achieve. She's sort of just a really weird support unit? I dunno.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Spent about 180 orbs, but I got Tsubasa, Ellie, and Kiria! My first Valbar, too. Gonna consider that a fairly fortunate session.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Yea i got Tsubasa the axe fish tank girl and a Ross.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I wondered how they were going to handle the paralogs wrt the Askr trio, I guess they made the smart play of "don't even try".

• Options
    It's kind of unfortunate, would've liked to see them react to "the World of Showbiz" back in Book I. Especially if IS went against expectations and had Askr and Embla already familiar with "modern" worlds.

• Options
    I ended up spending way more than I wanted :( But I got everyone eventually...

• Options
    https://vote4.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US

CYL 4 voting is now open.

Voting for a character who's not currently in Heroes seemed to work out last year with Tethys, so this year I will be giving all my votes to Ashnard.

• Options
    edited January 2020

Voting for a character who's not currently in Heroes seemed to work out last year with Tethys, so this year I will be giving all my votes to Ashnard.

So vote for female Robin you say....

Edit: FFS why is 3 Houses split into two games? I hope they count as the same character

Edit 2: OK, they are combined.. Good

Either way... Incoming Brave Dorothea..

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

So vote for female Robin you say....

Edit: FFS why is 3 Houses split into two games? I hope they count as the same character

Edit 2: OK, they are combined.. Good

Either way... Incoming Brave Dorothea..

Brave Bernie you mean.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Yeah CYL is strange for me at this point. Not sure who to pick to actually get a Brave Alt. Do I just vote for characters not yet in the game that I want to support? That list is getting rather small! Still, some notable exceptions remain for me (Jill, Deghinsea).

• Options
    Academy Arc Dorothea will be getting all of my votes.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Brave Bernie you mean.

Plz no....

• Options
    Brave Bernie you mean.

Plz no....

She's just gonna have a 25MT weapon

• Options
    DEF/Res solo for bernie

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    You'll add her to your party and she'll immediately leave and go back to the barracks :3

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Three Houses is bound to get a lot more representation than it should due to a surprising lack of banners since its release. It's kind of a downer to me in that regard given that the timeskip variation of the lords were bound to appear in game at some point anyway, but they'll probably amass a lot of votes since they aren't actually here yet.

Despite that, I'm going to be a giant hypocrite and vote for Lysithea anyway.

• Options
    Brave Bernie you mean.

Plz no....

2-4 range and cavalry obviously.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I think the new skills on speedmonsters that reduce all damage by 40% constantly are ridiculous. Not that eschutcheon etc. weren't already super weak, but fast bulky units didn't need wildly superior always-on damage reduction.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Brave Bernie you mean.

Plz no....

yea i could see lysithea or bernie having extra range if some condition was met, health, debuff, class or something. that wouldn't be too broken assuming the condition was well thought.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    Brave Bernie you mean.

Plz no....

yea i could see lysithea or bernie having extra range if some condition was met, health, debuff, class or something. that wouldn't be too broken assuming the condition was well thought.

I'm just thinking a brave bernie needs to be her maximum ridiculousness as a bow knight. They can't give her Canto shenanigans, but at least she can get something representing Deadeye, right?

• Options
    Brave Bernie you mean.

Plz no....

I'm just thinking a brave bernie needs to be her maximum ridiculousness as a bow knight. They can't give her Canto shenanigans, but at least she can get something representing Deadeye, right?

Sure though canto would be a pretty slick skill, albeit likely super busted. I made Bernie a pegasus bow knight in my current run.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    If there were any precedent for movement-restricted specials I think Canto could work as a weaker, melee cavalry only galeforce that lets you move again after combat.

But then, nobody would take it because it doesn't help your damage output

• Options
    If there were any precedent for movement-restricted specials I think Canto could work as a weaker, melee cavalry only galeforce that lets you move again after combat.

But then, nobody would take it because it doesn't help your damage output

You can't kill things if you are dead

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Interim voting results:

I know we all expected 3H characters to perform strongly because of recency bias, but seeing it laid out so starkly is still sobering.

• Options
    Recency bias + the top 12 most popular non 3H related characters are excluded. I'd imagine Ike and Lyn could still do quite well in an open vote.

• Options
    i mean, yea, but they are also cool characters with nice aesthetics (except claude war outfit that is terrible)

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    i mean, yea, but they are also cool characters with nice aesthetics (except claude war outfit that is terrible)

It's weird how much of a mess Claude's costume is, especially when his special Barbarossa class has a totally different look (which is great).