As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Road To Yokozuna

DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
I've been playing in a Discord server for the past few months of a game called Road To Yokozuna. It's a homebrewed system where you create a rikishi (Sumo Wrestler) and make your way through the ranks in an attempt to get to the fabled rank of Yokozuna. Every other month they'll have a Tournament, just like Grand Sumo, and a Banzuke where players are given promotions/demotion based on their performance in the previous Basho.

To make a Rikishi you have the skills: Power, Weight, Footwork, Skill, Spirit. They each start at level 2 and you have 5 training points to adjust your stats as you see fit.

For the actual matches, each rikishi will send their planned moves to a third-party Gyoji (referee) who waits until he has both players' moves and sees the round through. Quick Bout Guide

The Offense/Defense system is set up in a bit of a rock/paper/scissors system, but you're still rolling dice. I cannot explain sufficiently the pain of correctly counter-picking your opponent's move, only to have the dice fail you spectacularly.

If you want to check it out, the Discord link is https://discord.gg/eT5rkeY and tell them Tsukizakura sent you. That's my character and you'll recognize him by the hairline fracture in his arm and the concussed look in his eyes.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    This is weirdly prescient, as I've been watching some Sumo wrestling lately. I only barely understand it, but it's a weird fun sport to try and pick apart. Watching two 300+ pound men slam into each other here is more exciting than watching the same in American football, at least!

I'mma check it out.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    You should join us tonight at 9pm Eastern at https://w2g.tv/ohhgl7tdatmd87hcy6

We do nightly watches of the ongoing Sumo tournaments and if you have any questions about sumo feel free to ask, @Nips

3basnids3lf9.jpg