As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2020 is over, Can we skip to PAX South 2021?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So next year we'll all sing Tiny Dancer to Zoe at karaoke, got it.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Successfully returned to Chicago.

Thank y'all for having me.
    Greg, after meeting you, I can say you were exactly how I imagined you would be and I mean that as a sincere compliment.

Zoe I think you didnt hear this, but when he showed up at the airport I knew it was him literally immediately on soght

It is good to embody your persona so fully

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Greg, after meeting you, I can say you were exactly how I imagined you would be and I mean that as a sincere compliment.

Zoe I think you didnt hear this, but when he showed up at the airport I knew it was him literally immediately on soght

To be clear,

You told me this, word for word, on Thursday night.

You had a wild night, my friend.

CYpGAPn.png

To be clear,

You told me this, word for word, on Thursday night.

You had a wild night, my friend.

Friday morning was

a problem

Next time I hear a time to show up at South Town, I'm not gonna get there an hour early and start drinking

(I remembered I told someone this exact speech, but not who)

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I certainly immediately knew Greg on sight when I walked into Southtown

(also I am really sorry if I was an ass to anybody on Thursday. I kept it a lot more buttoned up on Karaoke night)

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Hey, @Rorshach Kringle Ryan tagged you back in. It's time for the big dog to show us whose yard it is.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I just want to mention this story, as I think you all would appreciate it:

When talking about karaokes past, I was searching for how to describe @Zonugal to Houk's friend, and settled on "like a negaverse @Straightzi " as the best I could do

Well I think I need to meet Straightzi.

But we can't touch or the universe might collapse.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Speaking of the big dog, I promise not to forget Flat Roman Reigns next year

CYpGAPn.png
    Speaking of the big dog, I promise not to forget Flat Roman Reigns next year

Eventually we will put together a whole Flat Wrestling Stable

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    as god is my witness he is folded in half

uc3ufTB.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    I just want to mention this story, as I think you all would appreciate it:

When talking about karaokes past, I was searching for how to describe Zonugal to Houk's friend, and settled on "like a negaverse Straightzi " as the best I could do

Well I think I need to meet Straightzi.

But we can't touch or the universe might collapse.

Oh we're touching buddy boy

Straightzi on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    as god is my witness he is folded in half

hey

this is a really good post

EzUAYcn.png
    I didnt get post pax pox this year

But I did get post pax "back to the real world anxiety attack" so that's fun

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I just landed in Wichita. After all that plane sitting my knees have decided it's time to let me know how they feel about the weekend.

steam_sig.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm going to be honest.

I saw a lot of photos from this weekend and in a few of them I thought, initially, you guys were hanging out with John Constantine.

At second glimpse it was @Straightzi.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Hey, "Rorshach Kringle" Ryan tagged you back in. It's time for the big dog to show us whose yard it is.

motherfucker

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Having not set foot in the convention center all weekend, it's rather odd that I seem to have contracted an illness of some kind today. I blame the entire city of San Antonio for this.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Having not set foot in the convention center all weekend, it's rather odd that I seem to have contracted an illness of some kind today. I blame the entire city of San Antonio for this.

no it was me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

no it was me

Okay you and the entire city of San Antonio.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such

no it was me

Okay you and the entire city of San Antonio.

no just me

the mario kart was dosed

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Well shit.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah. I'm feeling like 95% sure at this point I have contracted con crud.

steam_sig.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Megan 100% has the PAX pox

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm doing okay so far

Sneezed a few times earlier but I can never tell if that's because my nose is defective or if I'm sick

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I have yet to get PAX pox.

I am invincible.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    My throat is acting funky but I'm not sure if that's post-oke bad times or sickness. We'll see I guess

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    It was no secret that this was my first PAX, and the experience was even better than I could have hoped. I knew everyone was going to be awesome because you're all part of the Best Place on the Internet™, but even still I was blown away by how comfortable I felt getting to know everyone for the "first" time. You all hold a truly special place in my heart and my only wish is that we had more opportunities to hang out like that than just the one time a year.

Shoutouts incoming, spoilered for excessive length.
    Massive thanks to @Goose! for doing your damnedest to wrangle us cats into a semi manageable group, setting up most of the events, and being an all-around excellent dude.

@Maddoc is an awesome tabletop friend and opponent plus was a totally cool guy to hang out with, even though he fights like a cow. I need to check out Dungeon/Apocalypse World and Blades in the Dark, it was great getting to talk about them with you at karaoke!

@joshofalltrades and his lovely wife were always so stoked for tabletop games, which makes us kindred spirits on top of them just being such warm and wonderful people.

@Slacker71 played Lifeform with me not once, but *twice*, which makes him a board game bro for life, and was such a chill and friendly person that I was happy to share a house with.

@Madican's burger shenanigans and victory in New Angeles are going to be hilarious tales kept in my mind for years to come.

@see317, I didn't get to play many games with you, but I know you're great dude for coming on so many hunts with me in Nanuk even when I bit off more than I could chew, and having faith that we could pull it off together. You'll never be DOOMED in my heart.

@The Hanged Man was a fantastic sport about the noise during the first Boring PAX night where we drank a handle of Jack between like 4 people and stayed up until 3 am playing Codenames. Your dice are freaking amazing and I really hope I get to play in your RPG next year if you host it.

@Blameless Cleric, being an enforcer sounds like an exhausting responsibility and takes away time you could be goofing around with us chucklefucks or recovering from unfortunate drinking incidents, and I respect the heck out of you for doing it. I'm astounded at how you managed to keep your spirits up and be so much fun to be around the entire weekend, it was awesome meeting you. Oh, and I definitely appreciate you being such a good-humored dance partner, Salsa was a lot of fun. Also, Victoria was super awesome and I'm so glad I got to talk to her about video games at karaoke, I wanna be her friend on Steam!

@Atomika thank you again so much for setting up the fancy dinner! I knew you had good taste, but *damn* girl, Bohanan's blew my mind. It was so amazing getting drinks with everyone and sharing some wonderful conversation and quiet time together. Sorry again for being late, but I had an incredible time and was so glad I finally got to meet you in person.

@milski was pretty much the only person who called me Kthulhu all weekend, which I found incredibly amusing. He was also incredibly generous for buying wine for the table at fancy dinner, and convinced me to have the best steak of my life. 100% worth it. On top of being a very agreeable, funny, and incredibly smart person, he also gave us Toad saying "My wife!" on top of the aforementioned bottle of Jack, and for that I will always be thankful.

@21stCentury I also am glad we got to meet in person at fancy dinner, the discussion about Supergiant games was really great. It's a shame we didn't see each other much the rest of the con, but I hope you had a great time with your girlfriend, and I wish you both the absolute best of luck together.

@Houk the Namebringer, you have awesome tattoos, an incredibly friendly, hilarious, and only slightly awkward personality, and I was super glad you let me tag along with you a bunch during the weekend. Super excited to play more games with you in the future and enjoy lots of alcoholic beverages and karaoke. Seriously a huge shame Rian won't be making regular appearances in the future, she was an incredibly awesome lady.

It's really a shame @crwth couldn't make it this year, everything I heard about his karaoke abilities and big party attitude had me really excited to meet him. Too bad, he seems like he'd be really fun to hang out with.

Several people I didn't get to talk to much, but made karaoke my absolute favorite night of the weekend: @BlankZoe, @miscellaneousinsanity, @Cello and friend Sheena. You were all seriously cool and I look forward to hanging out with y'all again in the future.

@Rorshach Kringle was exactly as bizarre and funny as I expected him to be; it was really great to get to have you at all the events. I bought a 6-pack of Olde English Sunday specifically because of you, but decided it *really* shouldn't be that kind of night, so I didn't bother bringing them out. Next time we'll drink some earlier in the weekend. I also want to try Murder, She Wrote next year.

@Straightzi is the sexiest Dracula I've ever met, and despite the awfulness of Malört, I was so happy that you shared it with all of us and I had a great time gagging on it, then continuing to rock out at karaoke. Truly an unforgettable experience.

@Chincymcchilla has awesome blue hair and made a fantastic Millhouse. I'll be checking out the Let's Place recording since I missed it, but I was really glad we got to play Clank! together and hang out a bunch. Thanks so much for inviting me to play with y'all!

@Tofystedeth we only played Muse together (on opposite teams), but it was really fun hanging out at Southtown with you the first night, and I'm sure we'll have plenty more games in the future. Ditto @Tonkka and @pooka.

@Crippl3 was always a friendly and fun person to chill with, Hooters on Sunday was a blast.

@DrZiplock you have a very cool booth and I've already added Endless Mission, Beyond Blue, and Never Alone to my wishlist. It was seriously awesome just getting to hear you talk about the BBC stuff and the way it was incorporated into the game, and just general con BS. I didn't hang out at booths a whole lot, mostly just wandered around the exhibition hall alone and watched stuff from a distance, but yours was my favorite experience.

Still lots of people I haven't mentioned because I don't even know your forum handles, but I gotta wrap this up. It was just such an incredible experience meeting you all and being treated immediately like I was an old friend despite mostly lurking and not doing much direct interaction with most of you on the forums. I seriously cannot overstate how welcome I felt and how I am convinced this will be the best weekend of my year thanks to all of you. I will not be missing the coming years if it is at all within my power to attend. You have all solidified my belief that there's no better hangout on the internet than here, and if you ever stop seeing little black mage agrees or awesomes on your posts, it's probably because I'm dead. Much love and respect.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    My sinuses are basically permanently fucked but I feel alright this time around. We'll see if it gets worse as the week goes on.

oh no

i may have to party when i land

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    oh no

Go get 'em, Slurms.

Oh no.

WWE Superstar Showdown survived the flight home intact.

I'm not sure what's worse - that or having to party more at this point.

Ketar wrote: »
    Oh no.

WWE Superstar Showdown survived the flight home intact.

I'm not sure what's worse - that or having to party more at this point.

i mean

wait until i get those expansion cards to you first before you really write it off

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I am forced to wonder whether I might be in the bad place.

you died waiting to get tagged in

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    My incredible strategy of not being 100% over the Unplugged version of the Pox before South seems to have paid off, and the trailing edge of that disease protected me from new diseases.

Or so it feels right now... all the drugs I have to take to get myself into an airplane haven't worn off yet, and there may be symptoms lurking that I'm unaware of.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    oh no

Go get 'em, Slurms.

whimmy wham wham wozzle

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Stuck in Phoenix after a botched connection and finding myself really looking forward to the 'Noke in 7 months.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    @Kristmas Kthulhu thanks for the kind words! Slightly awkward is about the best I can ever hope for, so I'll count that as a win.

I'll write up a proper love post later but for now I'll just say that I learned we all think everyone else is cooler than us, which means we're all equally cool and must continue meeting up and hanging out forever and ever, amen.

Houk the Namebringer on