As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    hmm... my fragor is orange critting for 1.8m. <3

I have reached C-tier Heavy Slammer status.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

And how much practicality did you have to give up for this overkill capability?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

Not that much, I have a +214% melee, +147.8% Impact -3.6 Combo Duration (so, -1.1 combo duration with corrupt charge) Riven.

I've only forma'd it twice (dash for riven, v for amalgam organ shatter).

Need a stronger sacrificial steel to really push it further. Not 100% sure blood rush is counting for the swings.

• Options

Not that much, I have a +214% melee, +147.8% Impact -3.6 Combo Duration (so, -1.1 combo duration with corrupt charge) Riven.

I've only forma'd it twice (dash for riven, v for amalgam organ shatter).

Need a stronger sacrificial steel to really push it further. Not 100% sure blood rush is counting for the swings.

With a combo duration that short I don't think Blood rush is doing much. Corrupt charge will keep it at x2, in which case it gives you 160% bonus. Which is just an extra 32% crit chance on the fragor (as opposed to double sacrificial which gives you +110% crit heavy strike).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I'm just tapping heavy attack, there are no additional swings aside from another heavy attack. :P

So initial combo triggers directly into consumption for the heavy attack.

edit: some more tweaks and spiking I'm into the 2-5m range depending on the enemy. got a 7m off a primed enemy. ESO is going to be weird this week.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Heavy Crit Hammers are so much fun now, just *click* *whoosh* *wham* *GIANT RED NUMBERS*.

I normally despise using the secondary attack on the controller (stick click) but this totally works for me for some reason. Maybe because I'm only vaguely aiming with the stick? I can't do gun secondary fire worth a crap with the stick click.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Very relatable.

• Options
    yeah, they just need the vombalysts making a beeline toward him.

• Options
    Finally landed the last piece of Mesa Prime, but I had to give up the last piece of Gram Prime to get it.

But Destreza is my BFF so this is fine.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    That’s going a bit far, for me, as the Syndicates want a lot of goodies in exchange for building standing back up.

Just one quick note, you only have to pay the goodies once. If you drop below that level where you had to pay a catalyst for example, you never have to pay it again.

Wow, I had no idea. That makes it a lot more painless. Thanks for the info.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    So solo railjack is pretty boring

But so is the spoiler event because all people do is rush the target, clear it and then bail on the mission.

Bleh

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Your Railjack is horrifically underpowered at lower levels. Solo is completely viable with a good setup, and many players seem to prefer it for resource gathering. Using an upgraded forward battery removes the need for boarding, and many players don't have the right intrinsics to do anything other than use the side turrets.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    I mean, my railjack is nearly maxed. My intrinsics are at 6/6/7/7, my hull/shields/armor are maxed or almost maxed, I have MkIII weapons in both slots and I'll have a reactor to claim tomorrow that gets me to a 124 avionics total.

The issue isn't difficulty. I can get 4-5k Titanium per solo run but it's more that running it solo isn't very interesting. It's 3-5 minutes of murdering all things and then 10-15 minutes of scouring an empty map.

Which isn't bad as a mindless thing to do while streaming something I guess but that's because, well, it's kinda boring :P

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Is there any advantage to using your own railjack versus someone else's, or am I better off just shelving my own railjack and joining other people until I can max out everything at once?

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Is there any advantage to using your own railjack versus someone else's, or am I better off just shelving my own railjack and joining other people until I can max out everything at once?
    You will progress towards intrinsics and gain loot regardless, so feel to ride along with others until you've beefed up your ride.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    I mean, my railjack is nearly maxed. My intrinsics are at 6/6/7/7, my hull/shields/armor are maxed or almost maxed, I have MkIII weapons in both slots and I'll have a reactor to claim tomorrow that gets me to a 124 avionics total.

The issue isn't difficulty. I can get 4-5k Titanium per solo run but it's more that running it solo isn't very interesting. It's 3-5 minutes of murdering all things and then 10-15 minutes of scouring an empty map.

Which isn't bad as a mindless thing to do while streaming something I guess but that's because, well, it's kinda boring :P

4-5k Titanium? jeez.

I stopped playing Railjack because they still don't have those QoL fixes in on console and knowing that playing now vs doing other stuff in the game would be sub-optimal use of time... (maybe... MAYBE I can get 1k Titanium scouring a map) and all. Post-cleanup with no icons and whatnot is also still bad.

The only things I need is a reactor and faster engines and I'll be maxed out. but then there's the stuff coming with QoL that I won't like and IDK.

I do understand the exploit part of the no health gain on catastrophic failure thing now—though it's weird that they 'fix' it that way instead of addressing the exploitative part of it— but I feel it's a bad fix for solo since you'll only be able to repair up to 30%... And if you were say, popping a crew ship (or farming the interior) and outriders were spamming mines then it feels like it'd be a hassle to get back to full if you ignore it to do other stuff.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Also this:
    21f2ywto6u0h.png

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Wow, so Silva and Aegis Prime went from collecting dust in the attic to OH GOD I'M CAPTAIN AMERICA with the stance and heavy melee reworks.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    First time I've done the sealab spy mission since the Archwing changes and that one really annoying vault is way easier now.

You can just fly through and ignore the fans.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    So I just hit MR14 and finished The War Within and I suddenly have no idea what I’m doing anymore at all

So many things and not a one of them even slightly explained or even introduced.

Also I guess I should start actually like, building a weapon and leveling mods and stuff. Need so many potatoes.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Careful with Kuva Larvalings. Kill one and it'll turn into a Lich, which you might not be ready for yet. Make sure you read up on Liches before creating one, it's kind of a pain to get rid of them.

edit: Cetus spoilers:
    There's a little hidden section that you can get into now, which gives you an amp and the ability to get stuff from the Quills faction. The starter amp is terrible, work on replacing it ASAP. You can get what you need just by wandering around the PoE at night killing a ton of Vomvalysts.

Also, sorties are less scary then they look. Try to bring your best equipment, but other people you randomly group with should be perfectly fine with carrying you if you need it. Feel free to skip sorties if they have dumb things like Earth Spy in them.

jothki on
  • Options
    Careful with Kuva Larvalings. Kill one and it'll turn into a Lich, which you might not be ready for yet. Make sure you read up on Liches before creating one, it's kind of a pain to get rid of them.

I understand precisely none of that advice

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

Ok, so on level 20+(?) Grineer missions the screen might flash and one of the big kuva guards will have a message.

Once that happen an enemy in the level will spawn as a kuva larvaling. What that means is that they have a target icon and if you down them (like a capture target) you can then execute them. If you do so? Congratulations you now have a Kuva Lich. Getting rid of your Kuva Lich is generally not incredibly difficult if you have a supply of the requiem mods you need to slot in your Parazon (hacking spike). However it does take time and effort even if you have a supply of the mods and until you get rid of the Lich they will steal a portion of your rewards from any mission you do on a planet that's in their territory. Without a supply of the mods it's a fairly serious headache to deal with them though as now you have to farm and crack specific relics before you really even start the process of getting rid of the Lich.

Long story short: If you get the message and a larvaling spawns? Ignore the target indicator. If you accidentally down it? Don't execute it and you'll save yourself a potential headache.

• Options
    edited January 2020

how do you get to MR14 without understanding or figuring things out?

anyhoo, unless you're in a party, you probably don't have the DPS get the kills required to trigger the event, so... no worries.

edit: it's actually possible to have the trigger and window pass w/o the larvaling spawning. if you get the kills before that, then the announcement happens. otherwise, there is no announcement. but again, because they are for geared players, that bar is somewhat high, and unless you can handle level 50+ missions, you're probably better off doing other stuff.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited January 2020

anyhoo, unless you're in a party, you probably don't have the DPS get the kills required to trigger the event, so... no worries.

In my experience, it's very easy to do so when soloing.

jothki on
  • Options

In my experience, it's very easy to do so when soloing.

yeah, I've only ever done them solo, but I don't think either of us are "average" range players as far as weapons and whatnot.

• Options
    edited January 2020

edit: it's actually possible to have the trigger and window pass w/o the larvaling spawning. if you get the kills before that, then the announcement happens. otherwise, there is no announcement. but again, because they are for geared players, that bar is somewhat high, and unless you can handle level 50+ missions, you're probably better off doing other stuff.

MR means precisely one thing: how many weapons have you ground to 30?

Edit: and I’ve used a lot of crappy weapons then junked them after hitting level max

Edit edit: in fact I have p much always been leveling a new weapon. Usually 2-3 a day. Every day. For the past month.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

Edit: and I’ve used a lot of crappy weapons then junked them after hitting level max

Edit edit: in fact I have p much always been leveling a new weapon. Usually 2-3 a day. Every day. For the past month.
    /
    As it takes time to grind weapons to 30, it seems odd to me that one wouldn't. But I guess if all you've done is focus on filling xp bars, then it makes sense. /shrug

• Options

/
    As it takes time to grind weapons to 30, it seems odd to me that one wouldn't. But I guess if all you've done is focus on filling xp bars, then it makes sense. /shrug

As it's possible to offer advice without being a miserable ass about it, it seems odd to me that one wouldn't.

But here we are :P

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I think I have been playing longer and I am only half way through MR13. :p

Though Mesa Prime and Limbo are in the oven now so I should be 14 soon.

Game literally just handed me Limbo and all his bits when I logged in today.

--

Wow, ignoring Prime/normal/umbra distinctions, I still have 18 frames to collect.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So I just hit MR14 and finished The War Within and I suddenly have no idea what I’m doing anymore at all

So many things and not a one of them even slightly explained or even introduced.

Also I guess I should start actually like, building a weapon and leveling mods and stuff. Need so many potatoes.

Go do The Sacrifice! It gets weirder! :D

Re weapons, at this point, just find something you like using. You'll get bored with the death cannon eventually and repeat the process. I will say that marksman rifles (Latron, Veldt, etc) are... Don't be me and put 6 forma and 32 (and counting) riven cycles into the weapon, because though it's so, so cool, and sounds so good, and looks so neat, it's still just not worth it. Yet, by god. YET.

Also, try the Lenz. It's perfectly safe.

• Options
    I'm very much at the point where I'm like "Oh I got a riven for a weapon I didn't like very much... but I bet if I reroll the riven a couple dozen times and dump half a dozen forma into it I can make it good"

One the one had it's largely just a way of killing time but on the other hand my Gunsen rips everything to pieces :P

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

Re weapons, at this point, just find something you like using. You'll get bored with the death cannon eventually and repeat the process. I will say that marksman rifles (Latron, Veldt, etc) are... Don't be me and put 6 forma and 32 (and counting) riven cycles into the weapon, because though it's so, so cool, and sounds so good, and looks so neat, it's still just not worth it. Yet, by god. YET.

Extremely safe.

• Options
    edited January 2020

Extremely safe.

The safe-iest.
    9 out of 10 tenno say that it's "much safer than the Kulstar".

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Extremely safe.

The safe-iest.

My numbers say it is, and numbers don't lie!

• Options

Extremely safe.

The safe-iest.

Hey!

The Kulstar is perfectly safe. I only explode myself two to eight times a mission with it.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Since nothing is explained in this game players are going to have an extreme delta of experiences. From those who click with the content and intuitively know what various nonsense terms and mechanics mean to being absolutely lost and not seeing any point to all of this.

Only reason I’m not at MR12 myself is leveling some truly awful weapons so missions took forever. Looking at the star map thinking I want to get a lot of mastery but everything here is either a waste of time or too beefy for this high fire rate low damage wet noodle. Gotta know the forbidden knowledge that the Simaris round based arena is secretly the single one I should be concerned with there. Or getting spoiler mode but having no guidance on how anything works from this shop and a resource that just stayed at zero until items I collected early on that were useless are suddenly what I need to use? There are siphon missions with invulnerable enemies and an objective from the Lotus of “I don’t know figure something out”.

Finishing The War Within is like starting the game again where nobody explains anything and all that fancy nonsense other players get up to in public groups seems equally as far away.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I'm MR27 and only found out a few weeks ago that excess mod capacity gives you more starting energy at the begining of a mission and after a revive.

There's a lot of stuff the game doesn't tell you.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
This discussion has been closed.