As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Thwackey is great, mikey is wrong

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I finally found a drake fossil and decided to grab a Dracovish since I could use an additional water type in the rather large line up of Pokemon I swap in and out of in my playthrough. I figured I would reset until I got a helpful nature. Except first one that popped out was a shiny! ...Unfortunately with a nature that lowers attack and water absorb. Suppose I'll fix that eventually though? Guess I'm gonna grind up another drake fossil.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Wow, the shiny hunters would be incredibly jealous of you! :P I think there's someone here who was trying to get one too?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    100BP to fix up a shiny is totes worth it, imo

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I was surprised, took me a minute to register why it was gray. Previously aside from Gyrados (and Magikarp with the recent event) my random shiny pokemon have been a Zubat in Gen 3, a Zubat in Gen 6, and... a Cubone in Gen 7 that I loved dearly and built a trick room team around for the battle... uh... whatever it was that gen.

Debating if I want to keep grinding for another so I can have one with a more useful nature and ability since I'm not post game yet.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    My daughter picked Grookey and immediately regretted it once he turned into Thwackey.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    No matter your stance on Thwackey I think we can all agree what is up with that sprite

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    My daughter picked Grookey and immediately regretted it once he turned into Thwackey.

spoilers are good, example #57

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    no I think it's a rite of passage to have one of your favorite pokemon evolve into something you hate

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Being able to alter natures and IVs is an amazing thing and I cannot wait to get my old pal shiny Kingler to sword and shield.

Dys on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    no I think it's a rite of passage to have one of your favorite pokemon evolve into something you hate

*stares in Samurott*

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Prepares you for a life where you spend thousands of hours and substantial cash to get into a career field that you think you'll love, only to discover that the hours of training and years of debt have drained any love for the subject you might once have felt.
    But, you keep trudging on hoping that maybe the next evolution will be a bad ass gorilla with a massive drum set.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    now that i've done it three days in a row i'm gonna briefly advertise that i am rating every pokemon in the galar pokedex over on twitter

Awww I love thwackey, I think its an amazing middle form

you don't rate to make friends

liEt3nH.png
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Being able to alter natures and IVs is an amazing thing and I cannot wait to get my old pal shiny Kingler to sword and shield.

One question I have for this - when it says Hyper Trained! on the stat, that doesn't have any mechanical difference from a natural Best, right? It just means that if I were to breed it, it would not pass the IV down?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Dys wrote: »

One question I have for this - when it says Hyper Trained! on the stat, that doesn't have any mechanical difference from a natural Best, right? It just means that if I were to breed it, it would not pass the IV down?

Correct. It makes it only makes it a 31 fer fightin. As far as I can tell ability capsule is the only modification that actually modifies the Mon. The nature mints don't actually change the natures which can mess you up if you use the berries that heal or confuse based on nature

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I wish I could hit B and re-pick my raid mon if I accidentally pick one.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    man, this is the first pokemon game that's making me want to try and put together a competitive team. but i am also so incredibly intimidated to even try real fights, there's like 20 years of vocabulary/tactics that I do not know at all

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    man, this is the first pokemon game that's making me want to try and put together a competitive team. but i am also so incredibly intimidated to even try real fights, there's like 20 years of vocabulary/tactics that I do not know at all

Try using some rental teams for a bit. I feel like there's less pressure to win when you're borrowing a team. And don't worry too hard about strategies, just try and guess what type move they will do and switch. You can't predict every crazy strategy but whatever.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Oh so the previous tcg news of fairy no longer being typed they're also adding a new frame element and will slowly phase out uh every old set that isn't sword and shield

So if ya wanna roll for some cool gx card art the sun and moon elite trainer boxes should be heavily discounted at Walmart now since they seem to be pushing the new set hardish

icGJy2C.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh so the previous tcg news of fairy no longer being typed they're also adding a new frame element and will slowly phase out uh every old set that isn't sword and shield

So if ya wanna roll for some cool gx card art the sun and moon elite trainer boxes should be heavily discounted at Walmart now since they seem to be pushing the new set hardish

Confirmed: The Galar region is artificial.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Frame element?

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/changes-coming-to-the-pokemon-tcg-with-sword-shield/
    You may notice that cards from the Sword & Shield Series have a white box containing a letter in the bottom-left corner (for example, all cards in the Sword & Shield expansion have a “D” mark). This is called a regulation mark, and it will be used in the future to determine which cards are legal to use in tournament play. For example, there might be a point in time when only cards with a “D” regulation mark can be used in the Standard format. This change will get more attention in the future, but for now, just take note that it's there.

literally will only matter if you play standard, its the set marking from magic really they just haven't used something so noticable before? I dunno its just with the fairy and weakness changes they are probably gonna reprint stuff

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Losing it at Orphon

I’ll never forget the issue of Pokémon Power that described an in-game trade of a Kung Foo for a Spectre

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Orphon is the name in japan still I believe

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Anyone have Feebas or Deino? Last two for me to complete the Dex.

@Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud yes! I'll hatch a couple up.

signature.png
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    @SilverWind got them today but forgot to mention it. Sorry for that. I have some five IV impidimps if you need compensation for your time.

SilverWind got them today but forgot to mention it. Sorry for that. I have some five IV impidimps if you need compensation for your time.

No problem! You helped me get back on some milcery breeding so it's all good :D

signature.png
    Build-your-own-gym is a prompt that's been bandied about for decades now, but I only just had an idea for what mine would be in a fit of insomnia last night.

It's a water-type gym themed around fishing. The gym is its own park that has a path winding through a series of ponds, and the gym trainers are blocking the path between the ponds while complaining that they lost an item dear to them--a boot, a (fake) pearl necklace, their glasses.

The first pond has one fishing spot that gives you the first item and the trainer lets you by--but they warn you not to fish in the next pond, because their pokemon are playing in there. Each of the next ponds have multiple fishing spots: one has the item to progress, the others fish on up one of the trainer's mons. Once you hit one of the mons you battle the trainer's entire team. When you beat them the non-item spots disappear so you know where to get it. And the leader won't battle you until their item is found in the final pond (which also contains the mons for the final gym trainer).

The core of the team would definitely be:
    Mareanie, Quagsire, Eviolite Mantyke (shush it's my team and they get items), and an ace Lanturn. Maybe toss in a regional fish or Lumineon. If it's the 7th or 8th gym maybe it's Toxapex instead, but that evolution adds a LOT of power and might put it over the quota even for a 'harder' game.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    There's some info about Pokémon Home

It says Pokémon Bank will be free for a month, but also that you can't connect to Bank without a Home premium plan, so it sounds like completely free transfer from 3ds games won't be possible.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Wonder trade x10 sounds dope tho.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    There's some info about Pokémon Home

It says Pokémon Bank will be free for a month, but also that you can't connect to Bank without a Home premium plan, so it sounds like completely free transfer from 3ds games won't be possible.

The bank's capacity is also capped at 30 on the free plan. Which I suppose is enough if you have a few treasured 'mons but... isn't high

Iiiiiiiiii will be purchasing it, and I don't mind being a trademonkey (within reasonable numbers). So if someone has like.... 10 or so mons they want to port over from the 3ds (or heavens, the ds), they could theoretically send them all to SU/MO or US/UM, trade them over to me, I'll upload them into Home, then trade back (phew!!) either in Home or in SW/SH

signature.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    When does it come out?

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    When does it come out?

It just says February.

It doesn't say what happens to your Pokémon if the subscription expires and you're over capacity, but I'd expect it to be like Bank where you can withdraw, but not deposit.

Something that was announced late last night

There's going to be a lot of Pokemon announcements on Pokemon Day, 2/27

(which is now an officially recognized holiday or something in Japan)

Most of these are just raids for SwSh and Go

But they're going to announce a new Mythical

Folks, we made it

It's taken decades, but we're finally going to get a Mythical announcement that we don't all already know about from datamines

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Its Kalos Mew

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited January 2020
    Another thing that is new is that raids have changed with new gigantamaxes featured, but also until Feb 16th there's milcery raids where you can finally (get a chance to) get ribbon and star sweets to finish off your alcremie collections. They can drop the other sweets too, a good way to collect them rather than the cafes.

edit: wanted to note that the milcery are all gigantamax capable

SilverWind on
    signature.png