As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    Damn, was hoping for the sphinx thing.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    J wrote: »
    Damn, was hoping for the sphinx thing.

It might be in there - they mentioned it along with the troll thing in a post earlier this month - probably a few week release where they roll new stuff out

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited about the Warcry announcements on the community page.

Definitely grabbing the monsters, bonereaper cards, probably grabbing the Gitz box. The forest terrain looks kind of lame IMO.

Link? I dont see anything

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/19/pre-order-preview-warcry-necromunda-middle-earth/

Styrofoam Sammich"

Skaven skaven skaven skaven

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hiding new a Warcry unit cards in the new boxes is pretty crap. I know they’ll be out there on the internet soon enough, but there should be a legit way for me to get Banshee rules without buying a whole box of duplicate models.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2020
    Hiding new a Warcry unit cards in the new boxes is pretty crap. I know they’ll be out there on the internet soon enough, but there should be a legit way for me to get Banshee rules without buying a whole box of duplicate models.

For Nighthaunt? I’m pretty sure those are already in the Tome of Champions book. Unless they are releasing new models in that box (new for Warcry anyway).

Edit: ah I see - there is an exclusive unit.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    All of the armies I play are getting cards in this update (Skaven, Slaves to Darkness, Disciples of Tzeentch both parts) so I'm gonna have to buy like 4 card packs.

Also pointy elves being shown off this Thursday!

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I'll grab the ogor cards, they're handy to have even if they end up reprinting them in a book later, and that'd mean I'll have the rules/models for four people to play at once (if I can find that many friends...)

My local GW started up a 6-week Underworlds tournament starting today, there were more people there than I expected, probably more than show up on actual AoS night! I suppose that's the value of a relatively low-entry cost product! I was using Skaeth's WIld Hunt and played two games, both against different Grymwatch decks, (I'm not very well-practiced with the rules so things were kinda slow!) won one match by a healthy 11-point lead, but lost the second 17-19 after I flubbed the roll in trying to take out the ghoul leader in the second round. There's definitely holes in my deck though, I'm just using the cards from the Beastgrave starter set for the time being so my options are a little limited, I'm really waiting for the Daughters of Khaine Warband release!

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    After much deliberation and perusing of battletomes I think I'm gonna start collecting Flesh Eater Courts for my first AOS army. Coming from owning like five 40k armies with huge varieties of models I kinda like that FEC has a pretty limited number of kits and that I can start a reasonable army with a couple of SC boxes..... I also like the look of all the models and like the idea of drowning my opponent in waves of insane ghouls.

I'll probably look at Seraphon later this year if they get a battletome update and maybe some new models. I really want to paint some dino's, but they look pretty complex to play and having not been updated yet they seem like a poor choice for a starter army. If not my fall army might be dipping into Nighthaunts.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The zombie dragon is insanely cool

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    While looking for my military Id I found I have a lizardman army I squirreled away under the couch {I don't know why} So it's a debate about putting them on round bases or keep the old school square
    It's basically a bunch of Saurus and few skinks with various other things
    I'll grab the ogor cards, they're handy to have even if they end up reprinting them in a book later, and that'd mean I'll have the rules/models for four people to play at once (if I can find that many friends...)

My local GW started up a 6-week Underworlds tournament starting today, there were more people there than I expected, probably more than show up on actual AoS night! I suppose that's the value of a relatively low-entry cost product! I was using Skaeth's WIld Hunt and played two games, both against different Grymwatch decks, (I'm not very well-practiced with the rules so things were kinda slow!) won one match by a healthy 11-point lead, but lost the second 17-19 after I flubbed the roll in trying to take out the ghoul leader in the second round. There's definitely holes in my deck though, I'm just using the cards from the Beastgrave starter set for the time being so my options are a little limited, I'm really waiting for the Daughters of Khaine Warband release!

I really wanted to go to the local Gw store's underworlds tournament [it started Saturday} Just it's 8 miles away and my bike got stolen. I kind of want to try out the Eyes of nine deck I built against other people since it kind of works

I too am waiting for the DoK warband I am both excited and curious.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    @Khraul I don't know about the current iteration FEC but when their first Battletome dropped I played them and they were super fun and had some of my favorite fluff. Good choice.

They're also super easy/quick/fun to paint so that helps too.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I am hoping Seraphon get an update this year. And I hope saurus (the options in start collecting) becomes usable over having hordes of skinks and casting. It would make for a really awesome looking, cheap 2k points army. If I can sell off some of what I have I will definitely pick some of them up to paint their scales the chroma colors.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    @Khraul I don't know about the current iteration FEC but when their first Battletome dropped I played them and they were super fun and had some of my favorite fluff. Good choice.

gristlegore monstrous creature spam got nerfed but is still viable

blisterskin flayer spam is very strong

also horrors got points reduction

• Options
    #Khraul I don't know about the current iteration FEC but when their first Battletome dropped I played them and they were super fun and had some of my favorite fluff. Good choice.

The painting and modelling ease was absolutely a factor in my choice.
    PiptheFair wrote: »

gristlegore monstrous creature spam got nerfed but is still viable

blisterskin flayer spam is very strong

also horrors got points reduction

I like that with the limited number of model options it's totally feasible to change up which Court I'm playing as on a game to game basis. Gristlegore creature spam is attractive as it's nice to play a low model count army sometimes.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I am STILL tickled by the fact that when the book was released, archregents cost 200 points and their command ability allowed them to summon 20 ghouls(without spending a point if they were near the throne)

which comes out to 200 points

• Options
    I am STILL tickled by the fact that when the book was released, archregents cost 200 points and their command ability allowed them to summon 20 ghouls(without spending a point if they were near the throne)

Was that a once per game thing or a once per turn?

• Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Was that a once per game thing or a once per turn?

once per game

all the command abilities for FEC are their version of summoning

the charnel throne allows you to use 1 per turn for free if the hero using it is within 3"

• Options
    archregents are still only 240 points now

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Has anyone played the sea elves in warcry? I really like their models buy I have zero interest in committing to a full army since I have my Skaven now so I figured warcry would be a good place to goof off with them since my friends and I are going to check out warcry.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    What is the best way to handle buying stuff from people on a buy sell trade Facebook group? I'm gonna use paypal and I'm waiting for pictures before I give any money but should I wait for tracking confirmation?

I want these Skaven but I don't want to be ripped off.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    What is the best way to handle buying stuff from people on a buy sell trade Facebook group? I'm gonna use paypal and I'm waiting for pictures before I give any money but should I wait for tracking confirmation?

paypal has 2 ways to pay

professional? I think it's called, which allows for refunds
    and friends and family, which does not allow for refunds

never EVER use friends and family unless you are sending money to literal friends and family

also, always ask for photo confirmation of the product they are offering

• Options

paypal has 2 ways to pay

never EVER use friends and family unless you are sending money to literal friends and family

There is also business but that's not for most people

• Options
    edited January 2020

paypal has 2 ways to pay

Thank you, that is really good to know, I wasn't aware of the bo refund thing for friends and family option.

Got the pictures tonight, everything is on sprue so I am gonna move forward with this purchase. I am limiting my warhammer/nerdy purchases so this is gonna take up my February purchase.

Edit: kind of feel weird giving my address to someone random from a buy sell trade page.

Stragint on

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Yaaaaaay @Khraul !

FEC are a great army with good lore and rules. They also are pretty fun to use in Warcry, too! ^-^

• Options
    Darn tootin'! @No-Quarter

One questions about FEC

The courtier kits are just the flayer/horror kits.... can you build multiple courtiers? Can you use the two other flayer/horrors during list building? At a glance so far the kits seem like you can't field the leftover models once you've built the hero from them.... is that right?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

One questions about FEC

The courtier kits are just the flayer/horror kits.... can you build multiple courtiers? Can you use the two other flayer/horrors during list building? At a glance so far the kits seem like you can't field the leftover models once you've built the hero from them.... is that right?

That's pretty much true, yes, it's a little awkward unfortunately. Do note that the FEC underworld warband has unique ghoul sculpts which you could use as courtiers if you were so inclined, and the leftover crypt horror parts could be converted into vargulfs potentially.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

One questions about FEC

What Halos said. Try Ebay and see if you can find some spare bits. My buddy also got the Underworlds warband because the sculpts make great and easy-to- recognize squad leaders for the Ghouls.

Rules-wise, definitely take a look at their FAQ, because I know they made a few changes to their summoning.

• Options
    Oh, also I don't know FEC that well I must confess, but I believe there is a courtier equivalent for both the horrors and the flayers? Should be easy enough to build one each of those from the same box, leaving just one spare horror (which as noted could become a make-shift Varghulf Courtier.) Though I don't know if lists are likely to require more than one of the various courtiers, which could throw a spanner in the works.

• Options
    Oh, also I don't know FEC that well I must confess, but I believe there is a courtier equivalent for both the horrors and the flayers? Should be easy enough to build one each of those from the same box, leaving just one spare horror (which as noted could become a make-shift Varghulf Courtier.) Though I don't know if lists are likely to require more than one of the various courtiers, which could throw a spanner in the works.

generally (competitive) lists will focus on either flayers or horrors
    sometimes a list might take a spare unit of the other, but you wouldn't really want a courtier just for that

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Speaking of Underworlds warbands, the fact that they all have warscrolls for AOS is pretty cool. Their usefulness definitely varies, but it's cool nonetheless.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I'm always kind of tempted to buy a bunch of historical plastic knights to use for FEC, really run with the theme. I have no idea what I would do for flayers and stuff though. Maybe actual mounted knights.

• Options
    Speaking of Underworlds warbands, the fact that they all have warscrolls for AOS is pretty cool. Their usefulness definitely varies, but it's cool nonetheless.

I think so too I just wish spite tyrants didn't seem so lame in AoS I like their look.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Spire Tyrants look like Blood Warriors that aren't wearing all of their armor to me.

• Options
    You could use them as (expensive) Marauders that don't look like actual butt, or at least sprinkle a few into a Marauder unit, that's what I'd do.

• Options
    So in a discussion of what I have of AoS armies and my brother talking about what he has to do to fix his not wood elf army to be the Sylvaneth.
    To build up the eels I just need the start collecting box as I have last year's battalion the Akhelian King and another reaver. The problem with my Dok army is hmm I have the battalion from last year a start colleting box and 10 more Khinerai. The problem is it's a debate of getting 3 more witch elves 1 to be Witch elves the other two I will do Sisters of Slaughter with them. But I could also get 3 more Melusai. With what I got in looncurse I just planned on making it a small fun army so another squig another hopper and 1 mangler {I have been playing that vs his Sylvaneth but I lack the army book for them since I was using the warscrolls in the box}
    I know he is curious about Teclis' elves and the satyr elves

• Options
    Purchase of the Skaven carrion empire half is done. Supposed to be here Friday. Here is to hoping it will be fine.

• Options
    One of the things my brother does have hope for Teclis' army is that it is caster heavy
    But I am also curious about Tyrion's army and Malekith's {I forgot what he calls himself now} As I do want to see what the monster elves look like

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Brainleech wrote: »
    One of the things my brother does have hope for Teclis' army is that it is caster heavy
    But I am also curious about Tyrion's army and Malekith's {I forgot what he calls himself now} As I do want to see what the monster elves look like

It's Malerion or something. Also monster elves? First I've heard of this.

As for caster heavy are you thinking like Tzeentch caster heavy or Skaven caster heavy?

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    My guess would be an expansion of the Eldritch Council. A mix of Council and Order Draconis would be very nice. Bsically heavy Infantry and cavalry plus casters and dragons

honovere on
  • Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

It's Malerion or something. Also monster elves? First I've heard of this.

As for caster heavy are you thinking like Tzeentch caster heavy or Skaven caster heavy?

In the words of my brother Swordmasters of Hoeth being level 1 wizards as base troops
    So magic heavy but I don't know how Tzeentch is at the moment I would say that is the high bar. So 75% of the way there?

This discussion has been closed.