As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South 2020 is over, Can we skip to PAX South 2021?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I guess I should also do a big shoutout list!

@Goose! as I said several times throughout the week, thank you for keeping things running and keeping everybody feeling welcome. The stability in an ocean of PAX madness kept all of us going, and you managed to maintain positivity and class throughout the whole weekend.

@Atomika it's always great to see you! Thanks for setting up fancy dinner and for choosing Bohanan's; it was delicious and your knowledge of the drinks hugely added to the experience. Also, thanks for being down to grab lunch on short notice and catching up; it's great to hear about how we'll you've been doing lately!

@Blameless Cleric It's also always great to see you! Thanks for being an endless font of positivity and for enforcing; people like you are how PAX keeps running so smoothly. Also, thanks for taking time out of that enforcing to keep meeting up with us dorks. Also also, happy... fifth? birthday of the extended weekend? Also your friend Victoria was super cool!

@21stCentury Thanks for being so upbeat and happy all weekend, and congratulations on finding a new relationship and finding yourself at the same time. I wish you guys all the happiness in the world.

@Ilpala It was great playing Magic with you! Thanks for spotting me for chaos draft Sealed on Friday and for the great 2HG games on Sunday; it'll be hard to top telling our opponents "OK, you draw eight cards. Find removal or we win." Maybe next year I'll actually beat you at Pai Gow Magic...

@Kristmas Kthulhu Thanks for joining us at fancy dinner and being generally awesome all weekend, and for having that killer Waluigi hat. Also, thanks for helping me finish that Jack and play Codenames, and for generally helping people in trouble all weekend.

@Crippl3 Thanks for being super funny and positive all the time! And thanks for helping to start the round of introductions on Thursday evening when I didn't know as many of the SE++ peeps.

@joshofalltrades and @megofalltrades Thanks for finally meeting up in person and being exactly as chill and fond of bad jokes as IRL! Also thanks for the board games on Sunday evening and for keeping the Denny's dinner lively. Y'all should definitely come to more PAXes!

@Straightzi Thanks for being a very chill dracula dude and for inviting me into the game of Muse Sunday night! It was a real nailbiter 'till the end.

@Rorshach Kringle Thanks for bringing the party no matter where you went, and for committing to that partying hard enough to drink two beers at once and to continue the proud tradition of Lobby Beer during board games night. I need to do Tracksuit Pax next year!

@BlankZoe Thanks for being cool and for rocking it during Karaoke! This goes for... probably everybody at Karaoke, honestly.

I'm god awful with names, and I know I played board games, hung out, and played Magic with so many more of you, so thank you to everybody else who made PAX South awesome this year!

Seriously y'all, this was my best PAX ever and I can't wait until East/Next Year/Whenever something like this happens again

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    The Thing was a good board game even though we got completely murdered by it

What was It doing in the Thing boardgame!?!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    double post! fiiiinally made it home after a speedy 12-hour drive today. I've had a dry cough all day, might have picked up a touch of PAX pox or could just be having to sleep in a stinky ol' smoking hotel room last night. either way, time to sleep for 3 days!

edit: also I'm gonna start adding folks to FB and whatnot tomorrow, if I add you but you don't remember/didn't like me feel free to ignore it, you won't hurt my feelings. And if I don't add you it's only cuz I couldn't find you, feel free to PM me for full name and add me if you want!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Going to PAX Unplugged and then PAX South a month later was a little more stress than I like to attach to my vacations... but I'm probably going to do it again next year. I budget for two PAXes a year, and one of them will always be South. But two of the players from my Thursday D&D group, which originally formed at PAX South last year, are talking about having their wedding the week before Unplugged because Philadelphia is coincidentally a convenient middle ground for their families.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Who was a The Thing?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Slept for twelve hours and my cat has decided that as punishment for leaving for a week he is going to just attach himself to me for awhile

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Who was a The Thing?

My wife. :hydra:

Somebody else was one too but I can’t remember who.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Who was a The Thing?

https://youtu.be/cNgxyL5zEAk

• Options
    Aw sunovabitch

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The only things making returning to normal life acceptable are my very sweet and wonderful partner and also this idiot who passed out on me the second I got home
    n8efo2wlg6ee.jpg

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Who was a The Thing?

Ah yeah that's right. I was initially inclined to say @Madican but he wasn't playing The Thing with us, he was actually the traitor in our second game of New Angeles.

I... I think I like games with traitor mechanics a whole bunch.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

Who was a The Thing?

Ah yeah that's right. I was initially inclined to say Madican but he wasn't playing The Thing with us, he was actually the traitor in our second game of New Angeles.

Just beware of playing with ol' Four Hitlers @godmode

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Slept for twelve hours and my cat has decided that as punishment for leaving for a week he is going to just attach himself to me for awhile

I have one cat sleeping on my lap right now. The other cat decided he wasn't going to let me out of his sight the night I got back, and somehow managed to bash the bathroom door until it popped open because me being in there without him was entirely unacceptable.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I wish I'd been conscious enough to play some board games this year

Ah well, next time!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Who was a The Thing?

Ah yeah that's right. I was initially inclined to say Madican but he wasn't playing The Thing with us, he was actually the traitor in our second game of New Angeles.

Just beware of playing with ol' Four Hitlers @godmode

Uh-huh, typical accusation from an Actual (Lizard) Hitler!

Patrick will back me up on this.

• Options
    I'm back hosting trivia tonight and one of my regular teams bought me a beer as soon as I walked in.

My whole body shuddered while I was still taking the first sip.

I can do this. I can do this.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    I'm back hosting trivia tonight and one of my regular teams bought me a beer as soon as I walked in.

Just remember, the Malort is all in your head.

It's the Rumplemintz in your glass.

• Options
    I’ve still never had Rumple

• Options
    I went back for a second shot of Malort, it's definitely not the worst I've ever had

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I can tolerate Rumplemintz, though I won’t drink it for fun, but I’ll never drink Malort again. It was actively bad instead of just not my favorite.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Malort tasted fine going down

It was the after part

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I went back for a second shot of Malort, it's definitely not the worst I've ever had

in my case it is definitely, with no hyperbole, the worst I've ever had

i mean that didn't stop me from doing a second shot, but still

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Malort tasted fine going down

It was the after part

Yeah I honestly don't mind it and would kind of like it if not for the after taste.

But it's an experience worth sharing regardless.

• Options
    The solution is to just take another shot to cover up the aftertaste

• Options
    Malort is like.....metal sambuca

I will drink it when peer pressured but I will not like it

Steam
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    did i do both rounds of the malort? i don't even remember

the grape soju was definitely the best tho

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

Just remember, the Malort is all in your head.

It's the Rumplemintz in your glass.

Malort is a Chicago thing, and I work in bars in the Chicago suburbs 2-3 nights a week.

The Malort is very real. An eternal threat from which I can never be truly safe.

• Options
    edited January 2020

I think I went four bottles deep into the grapefruit soju

that stuff is hazardous

Maddoc on
  • Options
    The solution is to just take another shot to cover up the aftertaste

oh yeah, for my second shot I definitely took two deep swigs of soju afterward. made it much more tolerable.

• Options

I think Party John mode was activated well before the second round

I am not....actually sure how many soju we got through but I vaguely remember the grape, peach rules supreme imo

Steam
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    *tips fedora* malort

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Malort definitely had an aftertaste, but, at least with the amount that was in that one shot we all got, it wasn't that noticeable. And the amount and quality of aftertaste wasn't nearly as bad as the impact and slow fade of Rumple.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There was a second round of malort?!

I remember making sure that milski and bleric and her friend got a shot of malort when they came in, but everything after that is lost to the soju.

Thank you again to Maddoc and milski for getting me home after karaoke. Needing that help feels like karmic justice for not letting crwth forget about the first night last year.

• Options
    edited January 2020

I remember making sure that milski and bleric and her friend got a shot of malort when they came in, but everything after that is lost to the soju.

Thank you again to Maddoc and milski for getting me home after karaoke. Needing that help feels like karmic justice for not letting crwth forget about the first night last year.

I had two shots of malort tyvm. It's fine stuff.

Also everyone was helping everyone at the end of the night A+ drinking crew

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    *tips fedora* m'lort

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

There wasn't a full second round, but there we also didn't finish the bottle in the first one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I dunno if there was another round necessarily, I just went back for more because that's who I am I guess

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I poured two rounds of it, for sure. There was still some left in the bottle at the end of the night, as well.

And now left in a trash can at the Hampton Inn.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Honestly

That is exactly where it belongs

A fitting resting place

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I maintain malort isn't that bad

milski on
    I ate an engineer