As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Margaritae

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Margaritae

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    What in the heck happened to him?

• KisidanKisidan Registered User regular
    The Dreaded Continuity.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Any good suggestions for how to erase this comic from my memory? THe industrial strength brain bleech isn't working.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular

He is more margarita now than man.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    My first take on panel three was that Gabe's body had become so swollen it had split open spilling his margarita innards on the ground. But now I think it's just spilled drink all over his super-gut. Still gross, but not as horrifying.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    His rim is just salted with red salt.

What is this I don't even.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I think he stuffed his pants full of marg’ for later use.

• AbelhawkAbelhawk Registered User regular
    I think he's just given up going to the bathroom, so he just pees out margarita and keeps going.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular

He's now partially infused with infinite tequila.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular

Margaritas. Sugar magaritas.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Just realized "margaritae" might be a reference to the oft-used term "vitae" from their Seattle by Night VTM game.

Basically, Gabe's blood is mostly margarita by this point.

• BremenBremen Registered User regular
    I think this comic did more to turn me off alcohol than a decade of special messages as a kid.

edited January 2020
    I just read that Terry Jones died yesterday, but it was only announced today. I have to assume this comic was drawn up well in advance, making this an incredible coincidence.

ct1p33lnm36j.png

dennis on
  • Jibby_JibbsJibby_Jibbs Registered User new member
    Ever have diabetes so bad it turned your collar yellow?

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    My first take on panel three was that Gabe's body had become so swollen it had split open spilling his margarita innards on the ground. But now I think it's just spilled drink all over his super-gut. Still gross, but not as horrifying.

That was also my first impression. Given that he is sitting in margaritae and his backside and crotch are damp, I don't think he's merely spilled it. Another possibility is that he is actually shitting and pissing out margarita all over himself.

H9f4bVe.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    YoungFrey wrote: »

That was also my first impression. Given that he is sitting in margaritae and his backside and crotch are damp, I don't think he's merely spilled it. Another possibility is that he is actually shitting and pissing out margarita all over himself.
    I saw this as him pissing and shitting margarita all over himself.

• GabrielGabriel Registered User, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    He is pissing and shitting margarita all over himself.

• PohtHehdPohtHehd Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Scientiae sanat defect.

PohtHehd on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Margaresearch is very good

• HeWhoSeesHeWhoSees Registered User regular
    I have absolutely no idea if I'm more disturbed than amused, more amused than disturbed, or amused and disturbed in equal measure. The only thing I AM sure of is that amusement and disturbance are happening.

• Dark KingDark King Registered User regular
    I want a sequel in which a small mint-flavoured margarita makes Gabe explode.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular

Is he twisted and evil too?

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »

Is he twisted and evil too?

He was always twisted and evil even before the margaritas infusions. Before the dark times.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Okay "Margaresearch" is a pretty good word.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Mike

please stop

Xagar wrote: »
    Mike

please stop

There is no Mike anymore. Only Mikearita.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Gabriel wrote: »
    He is pissing and shitting margarita all over himself.

Can I just say that when Gabe and Tycho do actually visit the forums, I am overjoyed it is for a statement such as this. To clarify that in fact, Gabe is pissing and shitting marg all over.

Bravo.