As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallen London] is concluding the Ambitions stories.

cB557cB557 voOOPRegistered User regular
edited January 2020 in Games and Technology
EN_7Za1WkAAqsEk.jpg
Looks like noone bothered to make a new thread after the last one closed months ago, but this seems like it might be worth making a new one to share.

cB557 on

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I feel like this is the first non exceptional friends content they've introduced in forever. I stopped playing because there was nothing new to do for months.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well yeah it was going north or nothing and everything seemed to have a notability grind that really turned me off from the game.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    There's a part of me that really wants to finally check back in and find out who killed my brother, and the other part of me knows the entry fee will be some ridiculous grind for like, Searing Enigmas for six months at the college that makes me go, "oh yeah this is why I left"

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: ยป
    There's a part of me that really wants to finally check back in and find out who killed my brother, and the other part of me knows the entry fee will be some ridiculous grind for like, Searing Enigmas for six months at the college that makes me go, "oh yeah this is why I left"

I was really into Fallen London around 2015 or so. Every time I try to check back in, I end up looking at my inventory, trying to remember how to even restart the grind, sighing, and closing the browser tab.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I mean, I think part of the problem is you can't usually make a story game fun for ten years. Fallen London is superb. The story is great and the concept is great. It being free to play seems really great. But how else can they monetize a mostly free game for ten years? I love the game for what it is even if I don't really play it much anymore.

What is this I don't even.
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Turn it into a daunting, massive series of RPG modules and then springboard from that into a giant, beautiful and immersive open world MMO-RPG that also heavily incorporates elements of Sunless Seas and Sunless Skies

And then for my second one world hunger, third one I free the genie

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I really need to get back to Sunless Skies.

Although it's been so long, that I should probably just start all over from the beginning.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I really need to get back to Sunless Skies.

Although it's been so long, that I should probably just start all over from the beginning.

There's another big update coming called The Sovereign Edition. I'm going to hold off until that. Might even get a console version, since I didn't really enjoy playing it with a keyboard.

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Hah, the step of nemesis I'm on requires a bat with attitude, oh which the only source is a rare success on a card. I think I'm done again.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Can those be traded? I think I have a few.

38thDoE on steam

• MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I will just wait around on Heart's Desire to finish up. Curious to hear from a high level what people thought about the Nemesis ending when it is fully live.

As for the grind, I am curious what they could ask for that I wouldn't have a vault full of. My character is basically a mad baron at this point.

A hundred magnificent diamonds?
    - Do you want them sorted or in just a big bucket?

Prisoner's Honey?
    - Clancy! Bring the cart around and help me with these barrels.

Wine you say?
    - Are literally half a million bottles enough?

MoosehatIV on
    You will require 7 septagoats.

38thDoE on steam

Would you take a sack if weasels instead?

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    A new festival has just started in Fallen London: Whitsun. It has something to do with weird eggs. Buy them, smash them, raise them, give them augmentations, send them to friends, make clothes out of them? I have one incubating and I'm waiting to see what comes of it. Might be worth taking a look if you have some time and lots of jade and wine.

Also, all Ambitions are done! If you have been waiting finish the card game where you can bet your soul and win your heart's desire, now it is available!

There has been more free content in the last few weeks than there has been in years.

Build your own university laboratory! Establish a parabolan basecamp!

So I came across this today and I'm guessing it was the inspiration for Mr. Sacks.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mari_Lwyd

Also how were the ends of the ambitions?

38thDoE on steam