As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Kingdom Hearts] Melody of Melancholy

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think maybe this weekend I'm gonna give grinding out bullshit in KH1 another shot. If it doesn't click with me, I'll just watch the ending on Youtube.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    so how does the DLC integrate with KHIII? do I have to play through the whole game again to see it?

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    Just a reminder (and a fair spoiler warning to XBox users) that the PS4 DLC release is today/tomorrow!

Western region release is imminent; eastern markets are starting to delve into the content and videos are starting to show up on YouTube.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Still mad about how I have to wait a month and will definitely get it spoiled

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Is there a preload for it?

I'd like to get it all set up tonight if possible.

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    Not sure, maybe? I pre-ordered the DLC and it has the timer ticking down but not sure if that is for the download or for it to unlock. I would think Sony/SE pushes the 1.07 free update first then checks if the account is waiting for the DLC files then pushes those afterwards, if possible.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Simple & Clean
    Cross-posted from G&T thread:

Yet another reminder that there is a mobile game for KH (and not to be outshone with the inbound DLC):

Stay tuned for an important announcement tomorrow at 5pm PT! #KHUX

Dat Key Art... :o

• Options
    Sanctuary
    So it seems like from what I’ve gathered this only has about an hour of new story content, and a lot of what’s added is optional boss battles where you play as other characters?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So it seems like from what I’ve gathered this only has about an hour of new story content, and a lot of what’s added is optional boss battles where you play as other characters?

Main DLC
    The Re:Mind scenario.

Limitcut Episode with thirteen additional bosses.

Secret Episode with an additional secret boss.

Data Greeting feature.

Slideshow feature.

Premium Menu.

The Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- Osaka performance soundtrack, included exclusively with the second edition of the DLC.

Other
    Players will be able to select their playable character during the Keyblade War segment of the game, which will be separate from and available after completing the main story.

• Options
    Sanctuary
    this seems...kinda not good?

I've never cared for their "postgame superboss" kind of content and this seems to be mostly that, and the story added feels unneeded at best and just further incomprehensibility without answer at worst

for 30 bucks it definitely doesn't seem worth it to me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Does the hour come with hanging out at Hollow Bastion in-game

I'd pay $30 to run around Hollow Bastion again

• Options
    Sanctuary
    I dunno how long the "secret episode" is but that comes after you finish the other stuff. So there might be something cool and interesting there as well story wise!

I have no clue exactly what is in there so no spoilers.

But I do like that it comes after doing everything else so I actually have good motivation to beat all the new bosses.

• Options
    Sanctuary
    as far as I can tell the Radiant Garden content is
    you are standing in Merlin's house and Squall, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid are there and you can walk up and talk to them and then walk up to Cid's computer to trigger the cutscene and then you're done

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Yeah I was hoping for lot a new world or something but it seems mostly like endgame scenario additions.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    That sounds about what I expected when they made a point of shoving FF into the foreground.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Simple & Clean
    Oh god these Limitcut boss battles suck so much

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    Mr. G wrote: »
    as far as I can tell the Radiant Garden content is
    you are standing in Merlin's house and Squall, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid are there and you can walk up and talk to them and then walk up to Cid's computer to trigger the cutscene and then you're done

Man, that's bullshit

• Options
    Simple & Clean
    Yeah, I'm sorry to say that pretty much this entire DLC is bullshit.

There are, like, 3 pretty hype moments that I'm glad were included? But otherwise, it's overwhelmingly filled with stuff that's either totally pointless or just frustrating to deal with.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Simple & Clean
    How do you even get to the dlc stuff?
    like, I picked the dlc from the menu and did the whole little boss rush thing there, but then it spat me back out in the labyrinth. I'm not really clear if it wants me to beat the game again? I guess it must, because I don't think all the fights would be here again otherwise, right?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    like, I picked the dlc from the menu and did the whole little boss rush thing there, but then it spat me back out in the labyrinth. I'm not really clear if it wants me to beat the game again? I guess it must, because I don't think all the fights would be here again otherwise, right?
    What I was reading was you first to the Remind chapter. That opens up the limitcut bosses. After you finish those it opens up secret chapter.

• Options
    Simple & Clean
    The Labyrinth is part of Remind. You have to do all that shit again, with a few extra things sprinkled in.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    Oh, wow, ok yeah fuck this

What level do they expect you to be for this? Was I been supposed to have been grinding all year long??

• Options
    Sanctuary
    Mmm yes I like to hear that. My team is already max level so I was hoping it would actually be hard enough to be a challenge there.

• Options
    Simple & Clean
    Oh, wow, ok yeah fuck this

What level do they expect you to be for this? Was I been supposed to have been grinding all year long??

Let me tell ya, it ain’t any better at level 99. Limitcut Xenmas is a real fucker. Unavoidable grapples, is completely invincible during most attacks, virtually un-interruptible, no clear indication of when you’re supposed to do damage, stunlocks you constantly. All the shittiest parts of KH combat all in one boss!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    What difficulty is this all on?

So I know how much to prepare myself..

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Simple & Clean

I think I’m on Normal? Assuming your save data’s difficulty carries over.

Edit: I’m at work, so I can’t check right now to say for certain.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    Stilts wrote: »

Hmm.

Did you do the normal secret boss? What did you think of that difficulty wise?

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Wow I was planning on getting this tonight when I got home. Thanks for saving me $30, thread.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    Yeah I just bit the bullet and watched the cutscenes and stuff

I'm happy I did that instead of paying a whole fuckin $30 for it

• Options
    Sanctuary
    That being said

MAJOR DLC SPOILERS
    Making the secret cutscene just a shot for shot remake of one of the Versus XIII trailers is such a fuckin power move

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    *ahem*

more like kingdom farts

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Sanctuary
    I do like my farts to be Simple and Clean

• Options
    Simple & Clean
    Stilts wrote: »

Hmm.

Did you do the normal secret boss? What did you think of that difficulty wise?

I was at level 99 and had Ultimate Weapon and the best equipment in the game, so I beat the original secret boss on the first try. No real issues.

With the same setup, these limitcut bosses are absurd.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    That being said

MAJOR DLC SPOILERS
    Making the secret cutscene just a shot for shot remake of one of the Versus XIII trailers is such a fuckin power move
    how dare they make Luxord matter

I am personally offended he appears to be the Knockoff Ignis to Yozora's Knockoff Noctis (Knocktis)

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    So wait...secret ending stuff.
    Yozora is basically Not Noctis

Or alternate dimension Noctis

• Options
    Sanctuary
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So wait...secret ending stuff.
    Yozora is basically Not Noctis

Or alternate dimension Noctis
    it seems like he's the original version of Noctis before Square kicked him off the project

he's taking the one franchise that's his that he can still work on and using it to make Versus 13 and TWEWY 2, two things Square will not let him do

and I gotta say, I respect the play

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    are these new VAs for aerith and leon? it's um, not good

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll finally buy Indivisible instead then...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    turtleant wrote: »

Indivisible is coming on Xbox Game pass if you happen to have that...

• Options
    Simple & Clean
    turtleant wrote: »

Yeah, at this point?

I'm absolutely infuriated.

I might as well have set that $30 on fire. I finally got past Xenmas only to get totally blocked by Luxord and Terranort. I'm never gonna finish these atrocious boss battles, so I'm gonna have to watch the cutscene on Youtube. And if I'm already going to have to do that? Well shit, why'd I'd even spend my money on this garbage anyway?

IKknkhU.gif