As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2020 is over, Can we skip to PAX South 2021?

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    the beach is the only good thing florida has going for it! it’s gonna be mostly beach in like 20 years anyway!

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I actually like Florida a lot, but it's just too fuckin humid man!

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    North and South Carolina are actually pretty feasible for me

So are the beaches of Chicago, though, I think it's barely an hour flight?

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    North and South Carolina are actually pretty feasible for me

So are the beaches of Chicago, though

Hi

Charleston is a preeeetty cool city

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Jokes aside

There are really affordable vrbos on the beach 15 minutes from downtown

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I will say, in my mind's palace it would be a big three-story house 50 feet from the beach in a sleepy little town with one really good seafood place and a bunch of salty old sailors hanging out in a colonial-era nautical-themed bar. Also, we'd be there for three calendar months.

But barring that, I'm open to pretty much all options.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I am honestly not much of a beach person, but beach house PAX I can get down with.

Wherever isn't a big issue for me. If it's east coast however there's the possibility I can just drive there

The cool thing about charleston us it has a river walk type area downtown, then all your sleepy beach town shit to the east

It does involve more transportation than san antonio. But it's a neat place.

I'm also up for something east coast based because south is pretty far for me (charleston would be cool but I can try to make it to wherever)

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Vrbo is a fun word to say

VURBO

edited January 2020
    Goose! wrote: »
    I am honestly not much of a beach person, but beach house PAX I can get down with.

Wherever isn't a big issue for me. If it's east coast however there's the possibility I can just drive there

for me it's not as much about going to the beach as being near the beach, i just love that whole vibe

if i had to guess i'd say most of my time would be spent drinking and laying around on the couch

also it's super early but most likely location is either North Carolina area or maybe Chicago-area Lake Michigan (or maybe Charleston!)

Houk the Namebringer on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    You pick anything along Lake Michigan and I will drive there with a literal trunk load of board games.

And absolutely no malort. I would never bring malort with me from Chicago. Never.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    VURBO vee arr bee oh

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    A beach not so much, but a place on a lake, that I could be down with. I love me a lake. A lakeside place with hikes to go on in the morning, have lunch, and then jump in the lake for a bit.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Tonkka wrote: »
    A beach not so much, but a place on a lake, that I could be down with. I love me a lake. A lakeside place with hikes to go on in the morning, have lunch, and then jump in the lake for a bit.

mmm, this is also very good. lakeside cabin in the mountains, big ol' fire. i could fuck with that

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    All options sound good. More hanging out is the goal, the locale is just icing.

I ate an engineer
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh man I know this rich old guy, Bernie, who would love to have a huge party at his place. Maybe like, a whole weekend at Bernie's!

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Oh man I know this rich old guy, Bernie, who would love to have a huge party at his place. Maybe like, a whole weekend at Bernie's!

yeah i hear his place is to DIE for!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    There happens to be a lake around here called Chelan, that is pretty great.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i’ve already got a big year of trips planned so unfortunately south was my only hang out opportunity

but if anyone is ever in the orlando area drop your boy (me) a line

EzUAYcn.png

OH YEAH!?

CHARLESTON HAS A PRETTY BIG TREE!!!

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I’d be down for shenanigans, be them around a lake or larger body of water.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Lake Chelan is incredible.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I’d be down for shenanigans, be them around a lake or larger body of water.

I'm just imagining you saying this like a pirate

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Fun PAX South thing that you might not know:

At every PAX the Enforcers clear the hall at the end of the day in one large walking wave. Anyone who doesn't have an exhibitor badge needs to get out ahead of the wave or they are herded to the exits. It's a great way of making sure the floor gets clear. This is only really a challenge at West because of how the convention center is designed. At East there has been a long standing tradition of a few Enforcers blowing war horns to herald the oncoming Enforcer Tide. I love them so.

Well, war horn guy also shows up at South so it's a thing. However, this year at South a new player has entered the mix.

dr49XZAh.jpg

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    How in the world did I not hear that?!

It's a picture, not a video.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The real question is what he played on those pipes

A little jazz improvisation

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

I think he means at the con

Goose! wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »

I think he means at the con

I was making a funny.

Poorly it seems.

What's it called when you make a funny that's not funny?

I want to know so that I can legally change my name to whatever it is.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Both the Carolinas are very possible for me (esp North Carolina) soooooo if Beach PAX happens I'm in

Also summer mountains pax sounds like the God damn dream if that happens I'll try m'best

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    right now i'm still leaning toward Beach PAX since it seems like it's easier for more folks, but research will continue and options will be fully weighed!

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I would love to come just hang out with a bunch of folks without a convention also going on to split my attention, but I've been having a real hard time this last couple years scraping together the PTO to take vacations, instead of blowing it all on sick days. Hoping for a healthier 2020, but we'll see how it actually goes.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Hospital PAX?

Oo oo oo! The Road to WellPAX?

right now i'm still leaning toward Beach PAX since it seems like it's easier for more folks, but research will continue and options will be fully weighed!

Something in the vicinity of Lake Michigan is easier on people coming from the west coast! It has the same central location benefits as San Antonio, but further north.

Also I will literally sweeten the deal - pick a place I can drive to from Chicago, and I'll bring a stand mixer and pastry supplies and ingredients and bake like a fiend the entire time. I don't get to bake as much any more, and would love to work through some of my old pastry school recipes. Who wants malort ice cream? :P
    That said, some serious places to consider given what you want vs needing to be fairly close to an airport: Madison, WI and some of the big lakes in the area; various lakes and river areas around 45-60 minutes outside of St. Louis, where there are a ton of airbnb/vrbo/cabin rentals; the chain of lakes area in northern Illinois. There are a lot of nice areas in Michigan along Lake Michigan, but they're less practical given how far they are from Detroit or Chicago airports.

yeah if I wanted to be completely selfish I'd pick one of my preferred beach towns in Michigan since I grew up there and still have family in the area, but sadly it's super inconvenient for anyone flying in, especially if it's just for 2 or 3 days

Yeah, around South Haven and St. Joseph are both old favorites of mine, but not very convenient for most people. Also it seems like everything good in more popular areas like that is already booked up well in advance, or more expensive and with 7 night minimums.