As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Without having done anything before, being told after following the path that I stand before my own grave, and that should I be, well, me, I should take and fix my broken weapon? And then go and basically change my own future (and create another time paradox in doing so)? That’s cool. That feels cool.

You missed it, because D1, but the coolest line *still* in the game is in the Vault of Glass fighting Atheon and the Vex trying to write you out of existence by flinging you through time...

"Guardians Make Their Own Fate"

"Guardians make their own pizza."

(I still don't know how we ever got to that line, but it always made me grin if not laugh outright)

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    ~~SIVA DENSITY CRITICAL~~

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    well then shoot the damn monitor

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

So... does that mean that Bastion is time-limited to Seaons 9? Or that Osiris and the Sundial are going to remain in the game past Season 9 to allow new(er) players to pick up and complete those quests later?

26904.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    They'll probably just put Bastion into the exotic pool. Isn't that what they did with Eriana's or am I crazy?

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

So... does that mean that Bastion is time-limited to Seaons 9? Or that Osiris and the Sundial are going to remain in the game past Season 9 to allow new(er) players to pick up and complete those quests later?

I'd be more annoyed at this if I even sort of liked Fusion Rifles; I found that personally they require more accuracy than I can achieve hip-fired (I'm honestly pretty shit without almost constantly using sights unless the gun fires on auto, like Auto rifles or Machine guns). Combine that with an overall lack of ammo, and it's just not worth it thus far for me to use a fusion rifle unless it's a bounty, and then only that long.

Speaking of guns that fire lots of bullets, what submachine guns do all y'all suggest?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    edited January 2020

I'd be more annoyed at this if I even sort of liked Fusion Rifles; I found that personally they require more accuracy than I can achieve hip-fired (I'm honestly pretty shit without almost constantly using sights unless the gun fires on auto, like Auto rifles or Machine guns). Combine that with an overall lack of ammo, and it's just not worth it thus far for me to use a fusion rifle unless it's a bounty, and then only that long.

Speaking of guns that fire lots of bullets, what submachine guns do all y'all suggest?

Recommended SMGs:
    - The Recluse (Legendary, Energy (Void), Lightweight, Crucible Pinnacle)
    - Exit Strategy (Legendary, Kinetic, Adaptive, Gambit Ritual)
    - Every Waking Moment (Legendary, Energy (Void), Precision, Shadowkeep)
    - Huckleberry (Exotic, Kinetic, Aggressive)

Antiope-D (Legendary, Kinetic, Precision, Gunsmith) and Atalanta-D XG1992 (Legendary, Kinetic, Precision, Black Armory) used to be good but I think they've fallen out of favor?

EDIT: Added archetypes and energy types

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    They'll probably just put Bastion into the exotic pool. Isn't that what they did with Eriana's or am I crazy?

They did not afaik. I'm pretty sure you just can't get it right now. It may be added in somewhere at a later date, according to the season pass plan they gave us.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Pillager (Kinetic 900rpm lightweight) from gambit is also solid and can roll with good perk combos

Trackless Wastes (kinetic 900rpm adaptive) is also good.

Calus mini tool from menagerie. Pairs well with mida in crucible.

Basically, any adaptive or lightweight 900 is going to be good at close ranges. 750 rpm on consoles are hard to control, and 600 rpms usually feel like they don’t have enough bullets to me, but they do have good range to make up for it.

Both huckleberry and risk runner on the exotic side are two of the absolutely best add-clearing primaries weapons in the game, hands down. Huck really needs its catalyst for it to be fully effective though, while risk runner is fine stock.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I like Every Waking Moment, comes from one of those Moon rocks

I don’t think Kalnaur is gonna do any Crucible or Gambit, so that cuts out Recluse and Exit Strategy. I think you can still get Pillager by basically doing some of Drifter’s pve bounties and ranking up, and also the Gambit clan engram

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    ronzo wrote: »
    Pillager (Kinetic 900rpm lightweight) from gambit is also solid and can roll with good perk combos

Trackless Wastes (kinetic 900rpm adaptive) is also good.

Calus mini tool from menagerie. Pairs well with mida in crucible.

Basically, any adaptive or lightweight 900 is going to be good at close ranges. 750 rpm on consoles are hard to control, and 600 rpms usually feel like they don’t have enough bullets to me, but they do have good range to make up for it.

Both huckleberry and risk runner on the exotic side are two of the absolutely best add-clearing primaries weapons in the game, hands down. Huck really needs its catalyst for it to be fully effective though, while risk runner is fine stock.

Is this because of console hardware or controller use? Because I'm playing on a PC but I'm using a controller. My accuracy and effectiveness actually decreases if I use KBAM.

And yeah, this is specifically intended to be used within any PvE material, including Strikes and, if I ever actually get up the gumption to try and put some folks together for raids and the like, those too.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I like Every Waking Moment, comes from one of those Moon rocks

I don’t think Kalnaur is gonna do any Crucible or Gambit, so that cuts out Recluse and Exit Strategy. I think you can still get Pillager by basically doing some of Drifter’s pve bounties and ranking up, and also the Gambit clan engram

Ah right. If that’s the case, stick with Every Waking Moment (moon lectern), Trackless Wastes (menagerie), and Calus Mini Tool (also Menagerie). Those three + risk runner are easily farmable and cover the full kinetic + elemental spread.

Edit: the 750’s just kick super hard on controllers. When you play on PC with a controller, it gives the same aiming/recoil mode as consoles. This gives you way more aim assist, but the trade off is way more/harder to control recoil on damn near everything.

ronzo on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Is there really any answer other than The Recluse? But I know form your postings that is not an opotion for you since it requires MANY hours of PvP to obtian.

I think Riskrunner might be your best bet. I loved using that gun until I got my Vigilance Wing catalyst sorted.

26904.png
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

The Corridors quest ends next week. If you want the lore/ emblem, you need to make the run this week. The gun will be gettable without the Corridors, as I understand it.

Not sure why they felt the need to shut it down so quick. I'd be real annoyed if I was on vacation or something at the time. Hopefully Bungie doesn't become so infatuated with timed content they start testing out mobile game bullshit with one day events or things like that.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    The season is another 2 months, why would the corridor quest end or go away before season end? That seems rather ... boneheaded.

I assume because it's only purpose is to let you get Bastion early? Once it's unlocked for everyone, it serves no purpose anymore or something.

It's kind of a silly decision.

DAMN YOU FOOOOOOOOMOOOOOOOO!

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I played around a bit with Bastion in Banner. It's fun!
    It's no Erentil, but it lets you fusion in Kinetic, which opens up things you wouldn't otherwise be able to pair, like Lunas, Recluse, Jian-7, etc.

It makes a little chirping sound when you fire it so you can pretend you are killing people with little murder pigeons.

It apparently makes a perfect hexagon shape with each burst which is a nice nod to the puzzle.

It feels nice to basically burst fire a fusion and murder dudes, but it definitely takes getting used to.

It looks awesome, and the little spinning logo for Saint and Osiris is neato.

It does a pretty hefty chunk of damage when you are landing your shots, but I suck at that so it's hard to know how good it is.

But again, it kills people with bird sounds and lets you roll an energy primary, so that's what you are looking for here. Not a full replacement for Cerberus, but nice for mixup.

I wish I had a way to record my Destiny gameplay so I could share the video of probably the greatest play I will ever make in PvP in this game.

It's IB. I'm head to heavy ammo but the other team gets there first. I come around the corner, jump up and pop weighted knife.

I got a one-shot headshot on the guy who just picked up by bouncing the knife off the floor in front of him into his face. Then I stole his heavy ammo.

It was goddamn glorious.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    JUST AS PLANNED.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    So I was going to bang on about Bastion some more and how it's getting a bad rep, but then it turns out Coolguy made a video saving me the effort which is very nice of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IcxD30yYOc

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Fawst wrote: »
    Without having done anything before, being told after following the path that I stand before my own grave, and that should I be, well, me, I should take and fix my broken weapon? And then go and basically change my own future (and create another time paradox in doing so)? That’s cool. That feels cool.

You missed it, because D1, but the coolest line *still* in the game is in the Vault of Glass fighting Atheon and the Vex trying to write you out of existence by flinging you through time...

(I still don't know how we ever got to that line, but it always made me grin if not laugh outright)
    Combination of a response to @Houn saying that he doesn't raid (which was, at the time, unquestionably the best part of the Destiny experience, not to be missed, much like pizza is the best type of food that exists) - and the "Guardians make their own fate" line that would pop up during the Atheon fight. @Wassermelone gets credit. October 2014.
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Though increasingly, I'll admit it's so I can be that hipster that doesn't raid.

That's like being a foodie who doesn't like pizza. It's like, you have to draw the line somewhere. Pizza is the best type of food. You can't not eat pizza. Just because you haven't been able to eat pizza yet, that doesn't mean that you should go on avoiding it. In Destiny, the... the pizza...? I kinda forget what we were talking about.

Oh! Right. We will definitely take you into the Vault for some delicious pizza.

Atheon has been trying to tell us this for a while...

GUARDIANS MAKE THEIR OWN PIZZA
    Next thread title was "Thyme's Vengeance: Atheon opens the brick oven! Guardians make their own pizza!"

(EDIT: Oh yeah, we were in a whole food-themed run of puns in comments and thread titles. I just waded through ~60 pages of search results and it was a fun ride down memory lane, except that a bunch of D1 folks have been banned from PA in the years since, which makes me sad.)

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    EDIT: Oh yeah, we were in a whole food-themed run of puns in comments and thread titles.

I mean, the current title is technically food themed as well and I sing it in my head every time I see it.
    I take some Taken and I put it in a Space Cake.
    Taken Space Cakes that's what it's gonna make
    Taken Space Caaaaaakes.
    Goddammit, there it goes again.

Combination of a response to @Houn saying that he doesn't raid (which was, at the time, unquestionably the best part of the Destiny experience, not to be missed, much like pizza is the best type of food that exists) - and the "Guardians make their own fate" line that would pop up during the Atheon fight. @Wassermelone gets credit. October 2014.
    Though increasingly, I'll admit it's so I can be that hipster that doesn't raid.

That's like being a foodie who doesn't like pizza. It's like, you have to draw the line somewhere. Pizza is the best type of food. You can't not eat pizza. Just because you haven't been able to eat pizza yet, that doesn't mean that you should go on avoiding it. In Destiny, the... the pizza...? I kinda forget what we were talking about.

Next thread title was "Thyme's Vengeance: Atheon opens the brick oven! Guardians make their own pizza!"

(EDIT: Oh yeah, we were in a whole food-themed run of puns in comments and thread titles. I just waded through ~60 pages of search results and it was a fun ride down memory lane, except that a bunch of D1 folks have been banned from PA in the years since, which makes me sad.)

Banned? They were consumed by the Darkness

vq2TEKC.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Banned? They were consumed by the Darkness
    I don't know who you guys are talking about, we're the only ones who went into the vault. There was never anyone else.

So my two side characters still have their uncompleted Dawning quests and cookie ovens? Is that a known glitch?

I have my oven still at least.

In the glorious tradition of I Ron Butterfly, I played 5 games on my titan and every single one was a 5v6 matchup for the entire game.

I have no idea how they are so bad at connecting players to a lobby.

What seemed to be shitty Sentinel super hit detection may have cost me a shot at a Seventh Column last night. I popped a super and quickly murdered 4 dudes who dropped me to about half health. Guy number five was nearby and I tried to shield bash him, but it didn't connect when I thought it would. So he and some other enemies got to lower my health more. Had to swing a third time to hit him instead of being able to raise my shield, which was able to kill him, but then enemy six killed me during that bash (and recently spawning enemy seven appeared just afterwards). Had the first hit connected, I could have raised my shield and charged or thrown a shield at number 6 and 7 likely nabbing the two of them in the time I would have had left.

I suppose I shouldn’t complain too much since it was still a 5-kill, but I don't think I've ever been that close to a Seventh Column, and I wish the hit would have registered, or I wish we had pre-Forsaken super health levels, because then I would have finally gotten one after the what, 5+ years of Destiny?

Or maybe I just legitimately missed guy five, but seeing how often a clear hit doesn't register on Sentinel, I'm going to prefer the story I'm telling myself that I was grossly denied godhood.

I think they could do like a small dmg reduction buff, like 10-20%. Supers were wayyy too strong before and feel wayyy too weak now, especially roaming supers.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I got the team wipe medal in 6v6 with sentinel. It started when a tossed a shield at the one opponent I saw, then it ricocheted to kill another couple opponents I didn't know were there.

It's a silly super.

I think they could do like a small dmg reduction buff, like 10-20%. Supers were wayyy too strong before and feel wayyy too weak now, especially roaming supers.

You know what's really fun is when I hit a Hammer throwing Sun Titan with my fully charged Nova Warp and it took him to... maybe half health? Then he killed me with two hammers before I could let off even a quick uncharged follow up warp. So imo, the damage resist on some of these supers can go screw itself.

The hit detection on melee-based supers has always felt wonky, it's a big reason why I dislike Arcstrider/Voidblade since it feels like it just gets me killed. Nothing is worse than in Comp when you pop a super only to instantly get sniped.

Nova Warp is still recovering from the mega nerf a year ago, but I'm ok with it because they also get Handheld Supernova...

Melee-based roaming supers are almost 100% countered by hunter jumping. It's kinda ridiculous.

Arteen wrote: »
    I got the team wipe medal in 6v6 with sentinel. It started when a tossed a shield at the one opponent I saw, then it ricocheted to kill another couple opponents I didn't know were there.

It's a silly super.

Thrown shields remind me of Jotun in that it feels very touchy on how murder happy it is. Either you throw one dead on and it misses weirdly and then you are suddenly dead, or you blind throw one around a corner and get a double-kill because you have a hungry shield.

There have definitely been times where I recognize and intentionally ricochet shields off of walls because of radar information. But there have been way more times where I see one dude, throw a shield, and get a double that I in no way deserved.

It's definitely silly, but it remains my favorite, perhaps because I spent so much time as a Striker in D1 PVP. And also because I'm starting to get the hang of Suppressors finally, and it feels so good to just cut someone's legs out from under them.

I politely disagree. I want supers to be glass cannons and if you pop a roaming super out in the open like an idiot then you should get domed. I get being frustrated by being shut down but I would much rather that than hearing a super pop and knowing that my only option is to run and even then I'm probably going to die.

edited January 2020
    Peen wrote: »

I politely disagree. I want supers to be glass cannons and if you pop a roaming super out in the open like an idiot then you should get domed. I get being frustrated by being shut down but I would much rather that than hearing a super pop and knowing that my only option is to run and even then I'm probably going to die.

Yeah, I mean I get the reasoning. It just makes supers a total non-issue if you play smart. It doesn't help that some supers have essentially the power of flight with how they move, I feel like roaming Hunter supers are at a disadvantage because they're basically glued to the ground and aren't that fast... Which is ok tbh. Not every super needs to behave the same. But it is noticable.

I think a headshot from something like Arbalest or a sniper maybe should take you 50 hp or something. You had stuff like the Invis on Void Blade further reducing damage, so it probably shouldn't stack with that. Idk I'm the one who usually wants snipers stronger, not weaker lol.
    https://youtu.be/poleaVl19e0

Local H Jay on
  • taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So after last week me torturing myself with the 19 corridor codes, and the emblem, and bastion codes. A buddy of mine was sitting there bummed he didn't get any of it, so I went through it... again...

taco543 wrote: »
    So after last week me torturing myself with the 19 corridor codes, and the emblem, and bastion codes. A buddy of mine was sitting there bummed he didn't get any of it, so I went through it... again...

Man, fuck that guy in particular!

As much as I hate it when it happens to me, and it does because I tend to super at the last second, I fucking loooooove gunning down someone in their super, especially a melee super that's rushing you. Just standing your ground and popping them. The void knife hunters especially. I had a great cap the other night in IB on my titan. I popped the full barricade wall as I took a spot and it seemed like the whole other team either respawned or came around the corner. I knew I was gonna croak, so I just slammed two pulse grenades at my feet and yeah, I died....but so did four of them as they all rushed in to murder me and take the spot back.

Peen wrote: »

Yeah, I mean I get the reasoning. It just makes supers a total non-issue if you play smart. It doesn't help that some supers have essentially the power of flight with how they move, I feel like roaming Hunter supers are at a disadvantage because they're basically glued to the ground and aren't that fast... Which is ok tbh. Not every super needs to behave the same. But it is noticable.

I know running away is an option but the arc-strider twirly boys that block everything are downright terrifying.

I'm finally just a little bit better than a trash-tier sniper and sniping is very fun and I'm enjoying it very much, on the nights where my hands are ok and not entirely made of thumbs. It's immensely satisfying to scope a corner that you know people are going to come around and shooting them as they do, although sometimes by the third guy I really want to stop him and ask what he thinks is going to happen, surely he saw the two people before him get shot.