As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What Is The Best Day, [chat]?

1929394959698»

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Is Twitter a Social Medium?

yes?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

yes?

As opposed to Social Media. I was doing a thing.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

yes?

As opposed to Social Media. I was doing a thing.

*whoosh*

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Monday - hated by all, it's repellent aspect immortalised by sages such as Bob Geldof and Garfield

Oh no right, sorry!

Relevant excerpt:
    NAHMA TOWNSHIP, Mich. — It was only Saturday morning, and already the problems were piling up for Iliana Regan here in the rainy woods of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.

Ms. Regan is a 40-year-old chef from Indiana with a Michelin star who last summer published “Burn the Place,” perhaps the definitive Midwest drunken-lesbian food memoir. On its cover, the chef David Chang calls her one of the best chefs he has ever known.

Ms. Regan and her wife, Anna Hamlin, who is 10 years her junior, have staked their future on these woods, where sight unseen they bought a late-1990s, four-bedroom cabin with pine log walls on 150 acres at the edge of the Hiawatha National Forest. They fixed it up and named it the Milkweed Inn. Last summer, they hosted their first guests.

The dream is that every weekend from May to October, 10 people will each pay $750 to nearly $1,000 to relax in the woods and immerse themselves in what some chefs and writers have started calling “new gatherer” or “deep nature” cooking.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It's about how word meanings have drifted because of plurals and stuff

Joke ruined

Still try the steak and tip your waitress

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Monday - hated by all, it's repellent aspect immortalised by sages such as Bob Geldof and Garfield
    Also

irlc5fbdzyj2.jpg

I was "umm"ing bc... The dream..

(I also do not have a NYT subscription but had a free article)

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    like water, we have grown used to Chu and resent his absence

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Saturday - oh god so hungover this is awful it's noon already and all you've done is taste last night's sick on your lips
    Three meals a day for 3 days, that's 9 meals plus two nights accommodations

$750+ isn't actually too wild for that

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    5 months, $10k a week...

2 people, minus expenses...

Yeah that's hardly even greedy.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 1.2

@Preacher will create the new thread
    @Preacher is backup

This discussion has been closed.