As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Khraul wrote: »
    The context I saw it in was with regards to deployment for ITC missions... I assume they use stock terrain setups? Might make it relevant but I've never played at a serious ITC event

Yeah, it came up during ITC discussion and then someone pointed out the FAQ for the BRB, page 14, middle of left.
    BRB Faq wrote:
    MISSIONS Q: If the Search and Destroy or Vanguard Strike deployment map is determined, must the deployment zones be located in the exact corners specified on the deployment map?
    A: Yes.

ITC apparently followed that lead? I dunno.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So planning continues on my Knight Castellan. I want to do a base thats stone and rubble debris, maybe with some ruins, and Im hardly above just buying something but does anyone have any recommendations on third party bases?

I don't know any third parties but shredded cork is pretty good for debris and stones.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So planning continues on my Knight Castellan. I want to do a base thats stone and rubble debris, maybe with some ruins, and Im hardly above just buying something but does anyone have any recommendations on third party bases?

I don't know any third parties but shredded cork is pretty good for debris and stones.

Yeah Im looking for something like slate or shale where I can have some angle to it a bit of texture but its not terribly distracting.

Sounds like I just need to fall down a youtube rabbit hole.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Yeah Im looking for something like slate or shale where I can have some angle to it a bit of texture but its not terribly distracting.

Sounds like I just need to fall down a youtube rabbit hole.

You can go for a walk and probably find slate or shale. Depends on where you live though
    As when I accidently made my harlequins unbalanced I used the aggregate the ants dug up
    wjp50cbo7xvy.png

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Gluing literal rocks to my model fails on the weight check

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Gluing literal rocks to my model fails on the weight check

What weight check?
    You can make rocks from polyfoam or Hydrocal or train stuff

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Turns out there's going to be an official 40k escape room in Nottingham and I am very there for that.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Turns out there's going to be an official 40k escape room in Nottingham and I am very there for that.

https://westbridgfordwire.com/games-workshop-announces-first-ever-official-warhammer-40000-nottingham/

• Options
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »

https://westbridgfordwire.com/games-workshop-announces-first-ever-official-warhammer-40000-nottingham/

qg0d6wamtgby.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The admech gunslinger on the robo horses are great. As are the jump packers.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    It kind of puts hope in my twisted, cynical heart that we'll see rough riders again in the IG.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Who knew mechanical cowboys riding horses with flamethrowers for a mouth would be thing I felt was missing from my life

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Whee, April is gonna be an expensive month…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Hmmm, looking at the horses again, they might be cyborg horses instead of robo horses. The body an neck seems to be cloth and not fully mechanical.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Who knew mechanical cowboys riding horses with flamethrowers for a mouth would be thing I felt was missing from my life

And yet, in retrospect, so obvious that that was what was missing.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Whelp I need to learn to paint my admech. My first two test models were not good. So going to try a different base and style.

Also Ghaz!

GHAZ!

WAAAAAAAGH! TIME TO MASH SOME 'UMMIES!

https://youtu.be/S9mu2KQ8YJA

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

Whilst the one variant is horses, the flamethrower cowboy ones are dogs right?

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    I just wanna know if I can go jumpack Rustalker murderblender in Killteam.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The new Admech looks cool as shit

Gotta finish my bonereapers army tho before I pick anything else up

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

Whilst the one variant is horses, the flamethrower cowboy ones are dogs right?

It's just a head swap, and they're both more dog than horse. Short body, dog-legs, and shorter hindquarters, like big dobermans. The run poses on them are very "dog lope" and less "horse gallop". Also, they're called "Serberys".

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I should get my copy of Ritual of the Damned in today.

My preciousssssss

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Whee, April is gonna be an expensive month…

In time for tax returns

• Options
    Admech horsemen look great but man that small a connection to their base is going to cause problems

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Admech horsemen look great but man that small a connection to their base is going to cause problems

I have gotten better at green stuff thanks to Chaos for this stuff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular

Yeah you're going to have to Green Stuff those to the base

Those connections are, like, Hormagaunt bad

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    The base is a lot bigger that it looks at first glace as they've painted the bases to cover up the join. But all the legs that touch the ground are on little mounds, so think they have a bit of base texture to spread the footprint out.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »

My preciousssssss

How? It releases on the 25th? Mine hasn't even started to be shipped yet? I'm jealous?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Elaro wrote: »

My preciousssssss

How? It releases on the 25th? Mine hasn't even started to be shipped yet? I'm jealous?

Probably local store with connections.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm excited for new Ghaz (and Makari)! I think they did a great job with the latest Abaddon sculpt, really want to see how the new Ghaz looks. I hope Psychic Awakening lets the Orks level up their WAAAGH-field and get some new and crazier toys to play with.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Independent stores receive their stock ahead of that and GW stores get their new items the Wednesday or weekend before.

It's just a lot easier for them to get in trouble if they pass stuff out early.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    The problem with the AD mech for me is I have a tiny force {3 Skitarii 2 Ruststalkers 2 Onager and 2 Tech-Priests} I planned on building out from that with some robots and electro priests. The tank and now the horse riders and flying is making me question what to do with this army
    Monwyn wrote: »

Yeah you're going to have to Green Stuff those to the base

Those connections are, like, Hormagaunt bad

I have not had problems with the Hormagaunts on their bases and they live in a box
    lkojnz4co4u4.png
    Or the witch elves though a breeze will take the Khinerai for a ride with ease I should weigh down their bases

Brainleech on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

My preciousssssss

Nope, I called 2 stores and they had it. Picked mine up earlier. This is US. I think at midnight you can get a digital download.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Errybody talking about new AdMech models but they're not actually posted, so here:
    31323e82.jpg
    bb03b7e2.jpg
    f3e89a16.jpg
    c6249b98.jpg

Old and busted: Cowboy Bebop
    New Hotness: Cowboy Beep-Boop

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Also, new trailer for what appears to be the first of their animated series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFiek1v2Ll4

The voice acting on that Marine is... big oof

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    What are the chances this mortalis terrain will remain available for a long time?

I've set a nerd budget for each month and I already used up February to buy the Skaven half of carrion empire but I really want some zone mortalis terrain

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I would love some zone mortalis terrain, but man is it ever pricy

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    What are the chances this mortalis terrain will remain available for a long time?

I've set a nerd budget for each month and I already used up February to buy the Skaven half of carrion empire but I really want some zone mortalis terrain

They have said it's going to be around for sometime several times as I too live on a extreme budget. I do want to get necromunda Dark uprising but it came out during the troubles.
    Part of me wants to get the Warcry terrain kits for Aos and Kill team games so it looks like they are not doing the one and done printings anymore. But since blood of the phoenix is no longer on the GW site I am getting paranoid about tons of things

• Options
    Zone Mortalis rules are a common feature of the Horus Hersey rules, right? So long as the HH line is still putting out rulebooks I'd imagine the ZM stuff will stick around.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Looks like there will be 2 non-power armor imperium list in the finals at the end of 6 rounds of LVO.

Sean Nayden with Eldar. And maybe TJ Lannigan who is finishing up with Chaos.

The rest are Codex Marines and a Blood Angel soup.

Edit: Correcting myself since stuff is in.

1-4 (no ghost round normally) Sean Nayden+3 marines
    5-12 has an ork and an eldar, rest are marines.

TJ is 13th so even going 6-0 may not make the cut by .5 battle points.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png