As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Virginity

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Virginity

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ProtectedProtected Registered User regular
    I really like margaritas.

That's why I never go anywhere near them.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I'd be perfectly fine with a giant virgin margarita or daiquiri.
    The alcohol adds little or nothing for me. I want the sugary and/or slushy strawberry or lime juice.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I love the taste of tequila.

• Options
    bsctgodbsctgod Registered User regular
    This comic is better when you're nibblin' on spongecake, watchin' the sun bake.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I love the taste of tequila.

Same here, at least when it's in combination with the lime/cointreau. If that tequila flavor doesn't shine through, I miss it. Which is why I don't really go for the blended/flavored ones. Both the added flavors, and the numbing effect of the ice tend to dull the flavor for me.

• Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I always die a little inside, when I see someone consuming a head-sized margarita alone. Those cups were originally a novelty made for sharing. That's not a margarita, it's like... four margaritas.

Watching someone drink one of those alone feels a little to me like watching someone eat three courses at a nice restaurant all by themselves. Like... don't you have one friend? :/

Zomagic on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I do have a friend. They're drinking from their four margarita cup while we each eat three courses.

• Options
    ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    Zomagic wrote: »
    I always die a little inside, when I see someone consuming a head-sized margarita alone. Those cups were originally a novelty made for sharing. That's not a margarita, it's like... four margaritas.

Watching someone drink one of those alone feels a little to me like watching someone eat three courses at a nice restaurant all by themselves. Like... don't you have one friend? :/

As someone who has dined at a nice restaurant alone, others are too busy, don't want to eat where I want to eat, and don't want to pay the price.

It is "funny" to me how alcoholism is always such a punchline...DAE blackouts and hangovers?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    This is the first comic in a while to have a punchline that just had me cackling like a maniac. Usually it's the smart chuckle, this one got me.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I die a little inside when I see four people consuming a head-sized margarita. Why couldn't they just buy four margaritas instead of sharing each other's backwash and assorted oral flora?

Might as well be doing this:
    rainbow-puke.gif

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    Who knew that Gabe was a Girl Drink Drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4TGGtPzBU

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

I die a little inside when I see four people consuming a head-sized margarita. Why couldn't they just buy four margaritas instead of sharing each other's backwash and assorted oral flora?

rainbow-puke.gif

Wait until you see what they are doing after the restaurant...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Recently I read a story (on reddit, I think) where someone's friend went to a bar and got a cocktail as an adult for the first time and thought they were being cheated because of how small it was. That's when that friend found out that cocktails are not 34oz affairs, their family just drank them that way on account of being alcoholics.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

THE MARGARITA IS THE ONLY FRIEND I NEED.

*gluggluglug*

BARTENDER, ANOTHER FRIEND PLEASE!

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    I don't trust any drinks that come in bowl or bowl-like form.

• Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    Raiju wrote: »
    I don't trust any drinks that come in bowl or bowl-like form.

Even toilets, or toilet bowl-like drinks? You're the weirdest dog I've ever seen.

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular

rainbow-puke.gif

I mean that's also valid, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a big shared margarita either, but different people have fun in different ways.

On the other hand, I guess it'd be fine with someone I regularly mouth-kiss. On the other-other hand, the guy that describes for me right now doesn't drink alcohol on account of a family full of alcoholism.

Okay yeah, I'm with you.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i'm gonna start calling alcoholic drinks as drinks that fuck

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    ThanatosiaThanatosia Registered User regular
    It somehow never occured to me before that we divide drinks into virgin vs non-virgin based on rather they are capable of fucking you up. Makes sense.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Definitely signs pointing towards alcoholism.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    I'm with comanderzoom on the drinks.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Thanatosia wrote: »
    It somehow never occured to me before that we divide drinks into virgin vs non-virgin based on rather they are capable of fucking you up. Makes sense.
    Also remember, they're called soft drinks because they don't have hard liquor.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Thanatosia wrote: »
    Also remember, they're called soft drinks because they don't have hard liquor.

So technically, beer is a soft drink

Your honour

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]