As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Verdant Wind chapter 15
    Ashe was there; and then Leonie was there; and then Ashe wasn't there anymore.

I wondered if there would be some comment on it afterwards, like Dorothea lamenting that we killed a friend in Crimson Flower, but nobody said anything back at the monastery

I'm not sure most of them could remember who Ashe was

Could Byleth have talked him down?

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yes.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I think in that scenario:
    Byleth has to "finish off" Ashe and then it gives you a Kill or Forgive prompt

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jill and Mia in top 20 but no Largo or Giffca. Life sucks.

• Options
    it occurs to me that I almost never use Combat Arts, unless it's Curved Shot to get a little extra range
    there are times where the battle preview will show a Combat Art that should be suited to this enemy doing way less damage than just a regular attack

That doesn't seem right, does it

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    it occurs to me that I almost never use Combat Arts, unless it's Curved Shot to get a little extra range
    there are times where the battle preview will show a Combat Art that should be suited to this enemy doing way less damage than just a regular attack

They’re more used in Maddening where you need to one-shot finish or prevent a counter attack

Or with the Lord weapons, mostly Edel’s...

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Combat arts are an absolute necessity on Maddening. You will lose without them. On lower difficulties you never have to use them, but a bunch are still useful.

My favorite by far is encloser because it locks enemy movement.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

It depends on the weapon you're using, whether or not you'll double, and a few other factors

In general don't worry about it too much and do whatever seems most useful to you in the moment

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I mostly used the ones that gave more Crit chance so that Bernie and Petra would just demolish everyone.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I like to think Sothis is just another race of creature and not a god
    Rhea is far from the only villain. While she was experimenting with crest stones, so were TWSITD. Fodlan is caught in the middle of this fucked up thing going back ages, and Claude is the one who does the most good, wiping out TWISTD and putting Byleth in charge instead of Rhea, and then working on World Peace and Harmony.

Edel’s story needs more chapters of her turning her axe on her uncle. I didn’t like that it ended with killing Dimitri and Rhea and then a /shrug and mention that she ends TWSITD too- I want to play that part, and not just a paralogue!

I tend to think the same.
    Sothis's people were also basically colonizers, depending on how you read the history, and the Agarthans pushing back against them over time might make sense.

Crimson Flower really got short-changed in general. It's most of a year later and it's still silly that they thought they shouldn't give an equally sized campaign to what would end up being the most popular path headed by the most popular character.

...also Claude actually dreams of grown-up, for-real empire. Which adds a lot of depth to his character, but it makes it interesting that so many people think of him as some kind of peacemaker
    Forming an empire does make peace, in the same way that killing a person grants the peace of the grave.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Combat arts are an absolute necessity on Maddening. You will lose without them. On lower difficulties you never have to use them, but a bunch are still useful.

A Sniper with a Killer Bow+ using Hunter's Volley basically guarantees a critical hit.

• Options
    The fist combat arts are incredible.

• Options

A Sniper with a Killer Bow+ using Hunter's Volley basically guarantees a critical hit.

I know she’s an afterthought but my last Church run I used Shamir and she never had lower than a 89% crit chance before her personal kicked in for me, and never once didn’t crit in like 340 battles I used her for that run

• Options

I know she’s an afterthought but my last Church run I used Shamir and she never had lower than a 89% crit chance before her personal kicked in for me, and never once didn’t crit in like 340 battles I used her for that run

Sleep in the dirt.

• Options
    She and Catherine ended up together and it was adorbs

• Options
    I also had a Shamir/Catherine end in one run, and it felt... weird to me.

But Catherine is my least liked person in the game. ('Shame too, with such a great design.)

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Catherine is a good character, but kind of a messed up person. (don't be a zealot, lady!)

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Catherine is very well-written, and some of the times she reflects on her relationship with Rhea and what it's made of her? Good shit

But also, this is absolutely Catherine's theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd68AthoNIw

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Verdant Wind, Battle of Gronder Field
    Bernadetta was my first kill of a student I had cared about from a previous run

It... was hard, y'all

• Options
    Verdant Wind, Battle of Gronder Field
    Bernadetta was my first kill of a student I had cared about from a previous run

It... was hard, y'all
    I went to lengths to avoid killing her in that mission, including warping Byleth (who I had made a Fortress Knight for something different in my third run) over to protect her when Sylvain showed up. Byleth's defence was too high for her to meaningfully hurt, so they just hung out for the last few turns.

The other student I managed to not kill was Linhardt in my Azure Moon run. But he was easier to skirt, and never moved to attack anyone.

• Options

Marianne please, just tell Hilda you have it

• Options
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I don't play Heroes anymore, but I found the results from this year's choose your legends hilarious.
    1. Edelgard 74,617
    2. Lysithea 42,462
    3. Bernadetta 37,400

1. Dimitri 69,448
    2. Claude 59,751
    3. Marth 44,107

Marth gets 3rd for the 3rd year in a row, and thus will still not be getting a new alternate.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    After much chatter with one of my best friends...I’ve bought the seasons pass and am gonna okay a Maddening GD run, which is the route I didn’t do.

Ie...the Ralph and Lys power hour.

• Options
    I don't know why all of a sudden rando bandits on side battles are fast enough to be hitting me twice

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I don't know why all of a sudden rando bandits on side battles are fast enough to be hitting me twice

In the latter half of the game, enemy units in advanced classes start having stat distributions that are for real

Swordmasters and Assassins and many fliers are going to be really fast, armored units will have super high defense, warriors and warmasters will have sky-high attack and decent speed, etc.

Edit: wait you're replaying the game, sorry, I forgot, didn't mean to be condescending

The deer are pretty slow as a class I guess, outside of Leonie?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

congrats to edelgard for dispatching her foes yet again

• Options
    If Lysithea didn't have a support with Edelgard she would have destroyed her because nothing stops Lysithea

(Short of any single physical attack)

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

In the latter half of the game, enemy units in advanced classes start having stat distributions that are for real

Swordmasters and Assassins and many fliers are going to be really fast, armored units will have super high defense, warriors and warmasters will have sky-high attack and decent speed, etc.

Edit: wait you're replaying the game, sorry, I forgot, didn't mean to be condescending

The deer are pretty slow as a class I guess, outside of Leonie?

Oh no you're absolutely fine!

And yeah I didn't recall encountering this on the Eagles run so that could definitely be the case. Leonie was still cleaning house in most of those battles, and if she wasn't the MVP it was usually Lysithea

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    In the fight for Derdriu one of the wyvern assholes attacked Hubert and got both of his two attacks before Hubert could do his one. That annoyed me since it's always been about taking turns, outside of fist weapons which get 4 total so take two attacks before the opponent.

I reloaded and decided to just never let them attack at all anymore. Hang back just far enough to make them move forward then obliterate them in one attack.

Also now Hilda is dead.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    *Wyvern Screeches* ART ALERT ART ALERT! Be ready to scroll, there's a bunch under the cut! Potential spoilers for all routes. Like what you see? All artists are linked, consider giving them a follow or a commission if you really did their work!

e1e76aa911f7ec9448d18f2c6349cfb90932c7f3.jpg
    By crimson-chains

c8efa8ec1c9ab07b58863980800519350220edc9.jpg
    He's one wrong move from expiring
    By Aradied

68548beec18caac16b09eee2ac1d61356b621cf8.png
    By Unoobang

d9de648095a376f2b230a9c068cdec7f1b53ff5f.png
    ByAsheternal

1500a4d1b1c211911b3863bbdb8bae2cc6a8f1eb.jpg
    By danannie521

8e63aa79673223279431a05b02054e4a053d21fc.jpg
    By Coffee-cait

08c005c59c7769ed62c5c4071c99adf17cebe48c.jpg
    By animepopheart

c2b847d482f7a0384a51cc4de98287405a3aca53.jpg
    By flamingopuuuuunch

f31b4839136216a32836d87b5cddab513cc5bcfc.jpg
    By tuinendraws

tumblr_pw1tm0rf2e1r6z72oo1_1280.png
    By katribou

a0ffc3cd4245e7afe3755e89b4b57c6bf46b3dee.png
    By cymk8

5979b70e17e9c70d225b5c4a6a01b42091af658b.jpg
    By m4stry

46f641908eb79987614659577bf1d88060386b84.jpg
    By kkia1021

915bc1155f45d7a4520e1c3dcd4f9a838c5e8f51.png
    By nikas-art

5027167f557b2ab790d21ceac0fe1af6218ad899.png
    By dar-draws

4215a76c4a122721d1bf49271c5ca3a17e6ffdf3.gifv
    It looks like they're planning an Evil Plot, but they're just eating
    By unoobang

1c24db06cd66efe1b3a62f7cc5011604c542ab5e.png
    By lyoolyooo

62bf4ab41aae9d6a208d8ffee0f47b7afd012cdf.jpg
    This is from a cute little comic series about the oddest of ships-- Manuela and Seteth. It's a cute comic though!
    By garbagebird

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Speaking of fan art: fan art within fan art!

wait a sec, are both Edelgard and Bernadetta left handed?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Here's hoping the new DLC campaign is good, I'm hoping we get some deep lore

Because its underground you see

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I'd prefer Deep Data :winky:

• Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=pKfX4t0ecUc&feature=emb_title

They're only demaking BLions, but that's still quite impressive.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Put my 3H cart in my Switch to get ready for Shadowed Cinders, figured I might as well start a NG+ Golden Deer playthrough.

I skipped through a lot of cutscenes. Figure it'll be good practice for Persona 5 Royal.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Hmm, this very first cutscene divulges a pretty neat detail!
    Alois mentioned the fire, presumably the one Jeralt started as cover to sneak out, was 21 years prior to the game's start, which means Byleth's canonically 21 years old.

also holy shit they're all 25-27 while you're only 20 on Hard and their Crests are terrifying!

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Is this live in all regions or is it region-locked?

• Options
    Hoo boy, I had to use all the Divine Pulses to eek out a victory in that very first fight on Hard/Classic.
    All these new Crests are super good, but very spooky to fight. And Yuri's class and setup makes him such a little shit.