As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I have a problem. I have 29 character's E1'd, most at E1lvl40 with some key ones higher (6 at 50, 3 at 45, 5 under 40 but will get to at least 30), all the 2 and 1 stars at 30, and I'm still working on Elite'ing 3-4 more characters at the moment.

I gotta work on throwing massive exp tickets into a couple and work on E2ing a couple of my characters (Angelina's probably first up), but I've been working on my Base first for passive generation and dear god building that thing up is so silly expensive. It's a good thing it's all one-time investments but yeah.... It's like 5 LMD runs and 6 Carbon Brick Runs to upgrade a left side building from lvl2 to 3.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Another first clear done today!

Recorded my SK-5:
    https://youtu.be/XASn3M6nP48

And thanks to @vagrant_winds for kicking me in the ass and helping motivate me to give it some brainpower

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Finally put Siege to E1 and haha, while she's not so useful as a vanguard at 14DP she just slaughters folk with that AOE slam.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Any tips for 3 staring PR-C-1 I'm trying to get vanguard chips and honestly I cant see a way to get units out fast enough to prevent leakage

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    The big leak that occurs are the wraiths who can walk past blockers. The important thing in it is to aim your melee blockers towards the bottom lane so said wraiths get priority. For example this is more or less what my set up looks like once stable: https://imgur.com/a/R5DRq14

I deploy top mid first, bottom eighth second and then Siege/blue poison to kill that first wraith. After that you should be golden to shore up the defences and keep an eye on those wraiths.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    For those who have gotten deeper and are trying to start farming up the higher tier materials, a sanity efficiency spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fhz24nSxUef3FWplZtwPMRldyrNMc45DOcN0yaSTPaw/htmlview?sle=true#

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I have already started assembling my trust Notepad file.

I can at least run CE-4 now, so yay, 22,800 credits/100 sanity. That'll help a bit.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    unknown.png?width=988&height=574

oh

affcb2isoj63.png

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    SilverAsh E2 has the cheating mode passive of "ignores invisibility".

I'm getting close to that needing E2s boat, so lots of xp/money farming atm to cap out E1s.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Angelina is 100% gonna be my first E2 but yeah, SilverAsh is probably second.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Polaritie wrote: »
    SilverAsh E2 has the cheating mode passive of "ignores invisibility".

I'm getting close to that needing E2s boat, so lots of xp/money farming atm to cap out E1s.

it's even better than just him ignoring invisibility

as soon as cloaked enemies enter his attack range he dispels it, meaning not only Silverash, but all your operators that have that enemy in range, can now target them

also no reason i'm posting this but

not sure who i'll work on next, probably Hoshiguma or Nightingale? Possibly Siege

Orphane on
  • Options
    China did a awesome Live Action Arknights video.
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/av80612818?from=search&seid=11987038209342243344

Keep in mind that's a nine and a half minute FAN PRODUCTION and not an official advertisement, though it reenacts some scenes from some of the official trailers. Like damn man. Damn.

(Also the rerolling bit at the end is hilarious.)

Also, here's someone doing A2 with lvl1 Operators only and straight up flexing.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/arknights/comments/eu47yr/sky_is_the_limit_lungmen_outskirt_400_kills_with/

• Options

The other banner 6* and the one in the shop. AoE healer that provides huge Magic Resistance buffs.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I want that scorpion aoe slow melee person.

And the girl with the giant flag being used as a Mallet.

And the AOE rocket person (though I think I have a lower rarity version of that one).

Characters
  • Options
    Finally hit my first base-building goal. Finished the entire left side and the initially important right side 3/4 parts.

XpXZgRZ.jpg

Next goals are getting the top dorm to lvl5, bottom dorm to lvl3, and making sure the Training Room is upgraded by the time I wanna use it. Then I'll slowly upgrade the other dorms.

This is why I haven't been working on E2ing anything yet. All my big LMDs been going into the base.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I've done it, I've actually done enough grinding to use up my initial flood of stamina and get below the regen cap

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I have Texas, but I'm tempted to snag the dupe from the store to get her cost down one since she's always one of my first drops. Hmm.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I finally went back and played more story. 4-10 is one hell of a fight man.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I have Texas, but I'm tempted to snag the dupe from the store to get her cost down one since she's always one of my first drops. Hmm.
    That's a really bad use of acerts unless you are a whale.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

She can show up on recruitment, and there's a 100% combo for her (Vanguard+Crowd Control).

I think the only ones worth buying dupes of are Courier and Gharial because lol credit shop? Possibly the red ticket shop stuff.

Edit: Holy shit. Had the Top Operator tag show up in recruitment just now. Burned the expedited plan and forced Saria. JACKPOT BABY.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Fluffy bell-ringer support whose name I forgot sure has the strangest attack range on E1.

Characters
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Its a little depressing how long it took me to realize the wraiths were just walking past all my guys on the vanguard chips map...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Its a little depressing how long it took me to realize the wraiths were just walking past all my guys on the vanguard chips map...

I had the same reaction.

"Why the hell do my guard points keep fail...OOH"

Characters
  • Options
    Wraiths are why I haven't cleared the fourth xp map. It was going fine until suddenly ZOOOM wraith swarms. Didn't have enough dps lined up to mow them down early.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Fluffy bell-ringer support whose name I forgot sure has the strangest attack range on E1.

It's a good attack range though! Paramanix is the best offensive supporter in the game (while Angelina becomes the best defensive/control supporter).

• Options
    hrrg 399/400 on cherno annihilatio, I need a beefier tank or healer for the firehose corner for when the axeman comes out

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

It's a good attack range though! Paramanix is the best offensive supporter in the game (while Angelina becomes the best defensive/control supporter).

Para is my fav

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    @vagrant_winds

What was your set up for the wave of high dmg casters for Lungman annihilation? I'm still having some trouble there.

Fyi Rope with s4 controls bottom right entirely at least.

• Options
    so I'm not big on the mobile games generally, why do they do the stamina thing
    is it just to get you to spend money? all it ever does to me is make me resent the attempt to make me pay in and uninstall the damn things.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    is it just to get you to spend money? all it ever does to me is make me resent the attempt to make me pay in and uninstall the damn things.

It's a good question, because I agree it's super annoying and dumb. It doesn't encourage me to spend money; it just encourages at me to get annoyed.

• Options
    I guess it's a system left from that first wave of farmville-style money vacuum games from the late 00s?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    1) It's the devs being kind so we actually get something else done during the day.

2) It serves as a timegate for various designs of game systems so the people who get obsessive/no life don't turbogrind and cap everything and then complain that there's no content.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    @vagrant_winds

What was your set up for the wave of high dmg casters for Lungman annihilation? I'm still having some trouble there.

Shirayuki w/ S2 kills all the middle ones before they move. They stay on the screen for a long time before they move and are killable by a long range sharpshooter.

Rope pulls one of the bottom ones into Shaw who pushes it off. Then dismiss her and put her back on the right. Shaw takes out all the ones then walking on the bottom lane when they start.

Then I only have to deal with 1-2 into my top squad, along with the easy melee guys.

(I also use Rope to kill the Red Sword Guy Boss outright around kill 230-235. There's a period where guys on the right stop coming so you get to retreat Shaw/Rope on the right, use them on the left, then re-deploy them later on the right.)

• Options
    Got through LS-5!

https://youtu.be/A0M5_G2WfbU

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2020
    The answer is always yes. Mobile gaming has a massive potential audience since everyone owns a phone, and the same audience has proven unwilling to pay more than a dollar for games. So just make your game free and design it from the ground up around forcing people to pay money to remove artificial barriers. Because if they pay at least two dollars then you’re already doing way better than the sucker selling an actual game for a buck.

The whole ecosystem is dreck now, and I imagine Apple Arcade will be too unfriendly towards devs to last for long in its current state.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Surprised you didn't use Liskarm for the Top Left. Her S2 can solo the lane. You wait till the double-stack to pop it, then the enemies die, and she comes off stun before the next enemy comes.
    Edit: Correction. Triple stack for the first use.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    @vagrant_winds

Shirayuki w/ S2 kills all the middle ones before they move. They stay on the screen for a long time before they move and are killable by a long range sharpshooter.

Rope pulls one of the bottom ones into Shaw who pushes it off. Then dismiss her and put her back on the right. Shaw takes out all the ones then walking on the bottom lane when they start.

Then I only have to deal with 1-2 into my top squad, along with the easy melee guys.

(I also use Rope to kill the Red Sword Guy Boss outright around kill 230-235. There's a period where guys on the right stop coming so you get to retreat Shaw/Rope on the right, use them on the left, then re-deploy them later on the right.)

Got it down. I ended up being able to use Exusiai's S2, and that had way more dps than her S1. Handled it just fine, but I let a dumb plane through so 399 is my record. I haven't been able to repeat it though. I haven't withdrawn at the right time after again.

• Options
    @vagrant_winds

Got it down. I ended up being able to use Exusiai's S2, and that had way more dps than her S1. Handled it just fine, but I let a dumb plane through so 399 is my record. I haven't been able to repeat it though. I haven't withdrawn at the right time after again.

If you have both Shaw and Rope on the Right (Shaw being a safeguard on top for both lanes before you get all your DPS set up), you can remove Rope at about the ~265 Kill Mark and leave Shaw to handle the next few waves. Shaw herself can be removed at ~295 and you can place another healer or strong supporter or long-ranged dps where she was depending on your needs.

Rope comes out on the left at ~320 mark to kill the Red Sword Boss guy then gets retreated. Shaw can get re-deployed at the 330-335 mark to kill the lone guy walking on the right side, just time her deployment so you're at the correct angle to push him off (or you can drop a solo dps here, but Shaw works). She then goes bye.

Place Shaw and Rope both back at the bottom before the mages. Shaw facing the hole, and Rope to pull the first mage into Shaw's range to knock into it. Then you can leave Shaw here the rest of the map and she'll continue to push mages down the hole while you retreat Rope.

Then Rope's redeployment cooldown will come back up again before you need her for the final lone stragglers on the right side.

It's a long ass fight that takes near 15mins. You have time to dismiss and redeploy your Specialists and should have plenty of disposable Deployment Cost.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I guess it's a system left from that first wave of farmville-style money vacuum games from the late 00s?

It's a time gating system. MUDs did it (exp or lesson conversion limits per day/week), MMOs did it with dungeon lock outs and fatigue.

The easier it is to grind something, the lower the odds need to be. By having a stricter stamina system they can allow higher drops while keeping the average player on a similar progression arc.

Otherwise it's like last Cloudia where there is no stamina and instead you have .03% drop chances so you run the same stage a billion times and hope for the best.

Buying stamina is rarely worth it. This coming from someone who spends a shocking amount on mobile games. All you do is hit the content wall sooner and then you... Wait for events?

steam_sig.png