As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Time for NG+++ soon I guess. This ought to be interesting.

I've already completed all four paths. So I was just waiting for this last DLC to drop to start another playthrough. I thought it would give me some time to play and finish some other games, you know?

Well, I've still got about a month, so I'd better get cracking I suppose.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I should probably actually finish Blue Lions before this comes out. I really need to get through all the damn routes of this game :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I guess I should work on Golden Deer then before April, but April has Cyberpunk so I wonder when I'll be able to get to the 4th house.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I was hoping Edelgard, but Byleth is okay I guess. I'll have to check out that video after work.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I picked this up again yesterday, hadn't played since august summer vacation ended.

As it turns out I was in the last month before graduation.

I just fished my way to professor level A.

My save-clock says 48 hours and I understand this to be the half way point.

Good ass game.

PSN: Honkalot
    Wonder who covers as teacher for the leftover house if Byleth picks the new 4th one? Do the students still show up if you go with one of the traditional 3?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited January 2020
    Talith wrote: »
    Wonder who covers as teacher for the leftover house if Byleth picks the new 4th one? Do the students still show up if you go with one of the traditional 3?

If that trailer is to be believed, the new House only has four students.

I don't think it'll be a brand new route, but rather it'll just get bolted on to whichever one you picked.

I mean, I'd like for it to be a brand new route (provided they polish Crimson Flower up a bit first), I just wouldn't count on it.

WotanAnubis on
    It would be a little disappointing if you simply assimilate the 4th house into your chosen main one and then get a few paralogue episode missions chaining into a finale if you get through them all in time... but that does seem like the easiest integration.

I guess I kinda got excited for revelations redux.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    It occurs to me that the new Fourth House is going to be called the Ashen Wolves. And Byleth's nickname back in their mercenary days was Ashen Demon.

Coincidence?

Ah, well, I dunno. Maybe. But possibly not.

Byleth's gonna start his OWN house. With blackjack. And hookers!

Without spoilers why does Crimson Flower in particular need polish?

I ask because it's where I'm going.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

It's just shorter than the others and feels like they could have added more chapters to it to flesh it out.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius

It's got the fewest chapters, and fewest amount of cutscenes. Some very important moments in Crimson Flower are just a still image with dialogue.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

It's notably shorter than the other routes, some cutscenes that appear unfinished, and it has dangling threads that are resolved offscreen which scream "oh shit, we ran out of time."

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    That makes me a bit bummed out. :( Thanks for the info though.

Does that mean the visual novel aspect takes a backseat in the second half?

What I like most about the game is walking around the monastery, doing the activities there and talking to people. I can just attack-move the combat at this stage.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I still haven't completed one route. the monastery stuff was fine for me until post timeskip and i'm still having to teach these nerds every month and do a bunch of nonsense. i just want to do the actual missions towards an endgame and it takes forever.

What I like most about the game is walking around the monastery, doing the activities there and talking to people. I can just attack-move the combat at this stage.

Oh, no, that's all still there, same as always.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    it just takes place in the 5 years between time skip. Byleth gets metroid'ed and ends up in a strange school with no gear or ability

camo_sig.png
    edited January 2020

It's got the fewest chapters, and fewest amount of cutscenes. Some very important moments in Crimson Flower are just a still image with dialogue.

The cutscenes I feel are the main issue. Like, they literally just drop out until the very end of the game. The most jarring example of which is the cutscene leading to the timeskip, which doesn't happen and thus makes the transition SUPER SUPER confusing. It's weird because I feel like at least some of them they could have re-used at least bits of so there was SOMETHING there (they'd have to crop out scenes that didn't make sense with the route but I feel like it's doable)

Combined with the shortness and somewhat half-assedness of the campaign it realllllly feels like they shoehorned it in super quick at the end of development and didn't have time to give it the same love as the other routes.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    and imo it's kinda the most important route of all. They should have finished it first and half assed verdant whatever, because golden deer isn't really very relevant to the whole political and religious situation.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I guess I should work on Golden Deer then before April, but April has Cyberpunk so I wonder when I'll be able to get to the 4th house.

Good news! Cyberpunk's been delayed till September!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Byleth in Smash, final DLC for 3 Houses revealed, TMS drops tomorrow, TMS content in Heroes

It's a good fucking week to be a Fire Emblem fan

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Nintendo of Japan posted up some more info about the next DLC, so have a link to the Serenes article on that article.

Basically, Cindered Shadows is going to be a side-story accessed through the main menu and, as such, completely separate from the main campaign.

edited January 2020
    The DLC is going to have a fixed party and Japanese twitter just announced what that party's going to look like.

Only a few surprises there, but some of the interactions could be... interesting.

WotanAnubis on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Oh, Dorothea, never change

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Wait, can you not bring the new characters into the main game?

Can you not S rank them??

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Wait, can you not bring the new characters into the main game?

Can you not S rank them??

I read that you could recruit them to main game but seems like you can't go other way

camo_sig.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    My classmate from college does artwork where he "regresses" modern games into their N64 era counterparts. You may have seen his stuff with Splatoon and Zelda, but he just uploaded these:

Amazing.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ahhh Edelgard looks like a nightmare out of Majora's Mask!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I’m so happy I got Crimson Flower.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I just started TMS#FE, and oh my goodness, I only have two-step Session attacks and the Quick Sessions already feel like a godsend. So so so much of the original version was watching those damn things play out and in the remake they just go blap-blap-blap and they're over.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

Honestly I wish it turned into a traditional FE game at that point. It’s not all that mechanically different from Part One to justify its existence, and it just feels weird narratively to still be teaching. And at this point you know how free time works, so it feels a whole lot like padding. Further, your Professor level is high enough to do whatever, so you can either get real min-max and shove items down throats for motivation to maximize your own training, or say fuck it and feed everyone and accept fewer skillups in exchange for not having it take thirty minutes.

And yeah, Crimson Flower being shorter is real weird when there are loose ends that can easily fill the 3-4 missing chapters.

YL9WnCY.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Since I put this down to play other things, I found that I have completely lost my place on coming back to it. I don't know what I'm doing, or where I'm going, or what all the abilities do.
    I'm thinking I'll be better off starting over, so I'm looking for recommendations; is there a best order to play the houses, either difficulty or story-wise?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    klemming wrote: »
    Since I put this down to play other things, I found that I have completely lost my place on coming back to it. I don't know what I'm doing, or where I'm going, or what all the abilities do.
    I'm thinking I'll be better off starting over, so I'm looking for recommendations; is there a best order to play the houses, either difficulty or story-wise?

Difficulty-wise, they're all pretty equal. Although I do think Silver Snow has the roughest final map.

Story-wise would be a matter of some debate. I think it kind of depends on what you value. But personally, I think I'd say Azure Moon > Silver Snow > Verdant Wind > Crimson Flower. And I say this as someone who played Crimson Flower first and Azure Moon last.

Difficulty-wise, they're all pretty equal. Although I do think Silver Snow has the roughest final map.

Story-wise would be a matter of some debate. I think it kind of depends on what you value. But personally, I think I'd say Azure Moon > Silver Snow > Verdant Wind > Crimson Flower. And I say this as someone who played Crimson Flower first and Azure Moon last.

I beat Verdant Wind last week and that final battle was trivial compared to the one in Crimson Flower. Not sure how much of that was New Game+ and better optimized character builds though.

Just know that, whichever choice you make, you'll be biased to them forever. I had a real hard time fighting Edelgard in VW because I ultimately agreed with her.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Azure Moon > Silver Snow > Verdant Wind > Crimson Flower
    Let's just assume I haven't played far enough to know what these words mean. Which houses am I picking?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Azure Moon > Silver Snow > Verdant Wind > Crimson Flower
    Let's just assume I haven't played far enough to know what these words mean. Which houses am I picking?

AM = Blue Lions
    SS and CF = Black Eagles
    VW = Golden Deer

This discussion has been closed.