As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2020 BYOC Registration!

• zettairyouikizettairyouiki Registered User new member
    Thanks so much for the link, was searching everywhere for it.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2019
    No problem. It has been standard operating procedure for a long while that it gets posted here first, then makes its way to other platforms. Also sorta muddies the badge frenzy waters in my opinion to have two badge links on the twitter *right at release* for what may be a casual attendee that is attempting to RUSH RUSH RUSH to get something. They may buy this instead of a regular badge and then be very sad later.

Anyhow, I don't make these decisions, and that typical behavior is subject to random change.

zerzhul on
  • John CroninJohn Cronin Registered User new member
    First time doing BYOC, thanks for the link. I don't need one for each day right?

First time doing BYOC, thanks for the link. I don't need one for each day right?
    one BYOC pass will cover your BYOC spot for the whole weekend. it is only valid though with a valid pax badge, so you can't use it on days you don't have a pax badge for (so if you have a 4-day badge, all good all weekend, but if a sat and sun, can't use thurs and fri).

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    BYOC hype!

row1.pngrow2.png
  • BarkBark Registered User regular
    Looking forward to another great year

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Almighty GingerAlmighty Ginger Registered User new member
    Last year when we purchased BYOC the badge was mailed to us. It's saying Will call now and that's the only option. Is this a change from last year or can I have the badge mailed to me later on?

edited November 2019
    Last year when we purchased BYOC the badge was mailed to us. It's saying Will call now and that's the only option. Is this a change from last year or can I have the badge mailed to me later on?
    Take another read at the text next to the will call option.
    You MUST have a PAX East badge before purchasing BYOC. If you purchased your PAX East badge and BYOC badge prior to February 3, 2020 your badges will mail together. All badges purchased after this date must be picked up onsite.

zerzhul on
  • IgnaiveIgnaive Registered User new member
    Does anyone have any pictures of previous BYOCs? I was thinking of purchasing a pass but I want to know what I'm getting myself into first. What kind of games are played?

• GannoGanno Registered User regular
    Ignaive: I don't have pics handy but it's just a cordoned off area of the "aircraft hangar" floor with several long tables where folks set up their rigs and play. Think Hogwarts dining hall, but with PC's on the tables instead of food.

As a dad of a 5-year old and 3-year old, I am looking forward to this year more than any other. My playtime has become *extremely* limited and the backlog has just gotten completely out of control. It's not like four days of playing will solve that, but just to have this huge uninterrupted block of playtime is like a brief paradise.

This year, I really don't care what the panels are or what is on the show floor. I will just be playing 99% of the time.

My focus will likely be:

- Finishing Fallen Order, which sadly I will probably not have finished by then.

- Then, perhaps trying to finish Assassin's Creed: Odyssey...or play until I get bored.

That's probably it. I have many games installed and am down for some multiplayer (perhaps a Stellaris game or something?), but SP stuff will probably be my focus.

Can't wait.

jaafe2a95twb.png
  • GannoGanno Registered User regular
    What can any of you recommend for a good *wired* headset that supports Dolby Digital Live? (i.e., a modern Tritton 720)

I like my wireless Astro A50's well enough, but at BYOC last year, there was just way too much interference. Wireless headsets and PAX just don't mix.

jaafe2a95twb.png
    You might just want to use ear buds or something you have already until you check out the show floor. Sometimes the vendors have decent deals on headsets

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Well this will be an interesting one. My computer case mod this year is about 4 feet tall. A wall hanging design, so I need to make a stand for it. Lawd help me. (still not my tallest mod at pax east!)

aUf5JyE.jpg

Video of lights in action:
    https://imgur.com/zhxuomY

thorkon on
  • paulsenapaulsena Registered User new member
    Did the BYOC for the first time last year. Didn't get to play as much as I liked with all the other things going on. Looking forward to meeting and playing with you all this year. Boston local, so feel free to PM me for any local suggestions. Hopefully we can get some more group play PC games organized this year. Overwatch, CS:GO, D3, indie couch-coops, etc.

• zettairyouikizettairyouiki Registered User new member
    I guess it may be a bit early at this point for the group seating megathread, but I've got a group of 6 together again this year.

• DrogithDrogith She who runneth the BYOC Pittsfield, NHRegistered User regular
    Ignaive wrote: »
    Does anyone have any pictures of previous BYOCs? I was thinking of purchasing a pass but I want to know what I'm getting myself into first. What kind of games are played?
    You know, as the guy that organizes the event for at BYOC at East I should really take more pictures, but as far as what you are getting into, we try and do a mix of computer games/contests and stuff to get you out of your seat.

Hard drive shuffleboard is a hit every year, this past year we had thumb wrestling (Bonus points for coming in character), and we also did a sort of decathalon that needs some tweaking. Gaming wise we will do timed runs for older games, building contests, and a sort of "Game of the hour" where we will try and match you up with other people playing the same games. It's very laid back though. You guys are here to attend PAX, so we try and disrupt that as little as possible, but still give everyone a reason to come back to BYOC every year.

For those folks returning that wanted to help with some game rules we overlooked, I'll be firing up the BYOC Megathread fairly soon(tm). We started going over new games for this year as well as returning classics.

yx1i87m92tky.png

edited January 2020
    Ignaive wrote: »

I am pretty sure the first picture in the pc area section of the 1500+ PAX 2019 photos thread is BYOC

Bark on
    sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • ChazStickChazStick Registered User regular
    When is the magical BYOC Group Seating coming out?

Soon!(tm)

• sckluthsckluth Registered User new member
    For the group seating... what is the size requirement to reserve seats?

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    sckluth wrote: »
    For the group seating... what is the size requirement to reserve seats?

6 or more seats.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • crainbrampcrainbramp Registered User new member
    Driving up for my first PAX/BYOC booked on a whim at 2AM last night. Planning? Pfft!

Anyone got any tips for a PAX/BYOC newbie, or making a seating group that wouldn't mind one more?

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Bring a ethernet cable that is at least 25ft long. Also, make sure your computer is fully up to date before you leave. These are both in the email that will be sent out by @Drogith, which you should treat as gospel.

JfqWFk8.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.