As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Have they established if Kate's ex is bisexual or just really deep in the closet?

sig.gif
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I guess they haven’t. My assumption has been bi, and more in love with Kate than her husband, and certainly in the closet professionally, at least officially. It doesn’t seem to be much of a secret though

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Batwoman got pretty meta tonight.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    i heard that Batwoman was going to lean the hardest into the post crisis universe

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Supergirl
    had a barfight set to N'Sync's It's Gonna Be Me, making it the best Arrowverse fight scene?

They also made a point that there are no other Earths, when we know that's not true from the end of Crisis. Would've been really simple to just say that the new worlds that were created aren't the worlds these people lost, so seems like a weird oversight

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Batwoman is my favorite of the shows right now, slightly edging out Supergirl over this past season (really hate what they did with Lina).

I adore Kate, and Alice is just a delight to watch on screen. It was starting to edge too much toward filler / stretching out the drama a bit until right before Crisis when Kate seemed to have come to terms with things in a more realistic manner.

It oddly reminds me of the She-ra reboot in that way.

Of course, Legends is about to start back up, and it's probably going to retake my "best CW" spot hands-down as it has the past couple seasons.

I liked Crisis a lot, but I really wish they'd have used more sidekicks for the villain instead of all those CG ghosts. The fight scenes are much better when the villain is an actor and it's not just people shooting and kicking in various directions.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I've not gone back through the last few pages because we haven't even started Crisis over here yet but for UK folk, E4 have apparently picked up Batwoman, no word on when it will air beyond "early this year" so it remains to be seen if it'll play nice with when Sky starts off Crisis. Back of the envelope counting suggests that if it started next week it could actually end up compatible with the usual return dates for the rest of the Arrowverse. I suspect a fairly big chunk of the audience will have already sought out alternative methods of consumption by now though.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I like whatever they are going to do on Batwoman now due to the Crisis. However I'd really like for her to fight other costumed bad guys at some point. Alice is getting a bit tiresome.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Supergirl
    had a barfight set to N'Sync's It's Gonna Be Me, making it the best Arrowverse fight scene?

They also made a point that there are no other Earths, when we know that's not true from the end of Crisis. Would've been really simple to just say that the new worlds that were created aren't the worlds these people lost, so seems like a weird oversight

About this

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Supergirl

About this
    it's a new multiverse. Flash established there were 52 inhabitable Earths in the previous multiverse, so this is sort of like a New 52 🙄

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    i heard that Batwoman was going to lean the hardest into the post crisis universe

Holy shit, honestly did not see that coming. (Batwoman)

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Sorry for finally discovering this stuff has its own thread

I was very happily impressed by Crisis

I've genuinely loved Batwoman and this season of Supergirl so far. Alice has to be my favorite villain currently in general, and I've been catching up on Supergirl and this might be my favorite Lex Luthor portrayal in TV/film?

Also (new Batwoman spoilers)
    the new episode meant a lot to me personally. Beyond just having an openly-out major superhero lead in a show

And the teen's rant about dealing with gay-hating families and people in general, and how much society still pretty much sucks about handling it despite in the same breath saying they'd be the first in favor of marriage rights, hit home very very hard particularly right now

Maybe I just need to watch more shows/superhero shows, but right now this ep really felt surprisingly meaningful to me in ways very few have, and I keep coming back to that hours after watching it for the first time

• Options
    So i was looking up one of the guest stars on this weeks supergirl and verified that it was same same actor who played Sally Malik in Being Human, i love her!

Episode spoilers
    And she played a real convincing female Brainy (great casting choice), but what is real interesting is in IMDB her characters name is credited as Kor-El (Kor being diffrent spelling of brainiac's first name, Querl.
    Did they mention in the episode that her love interest was Supergirl? (or maybe Superwoman.. actually it was probably Superwoman)

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Watching the CW-verse overseas is a bit of a nightmare. half the shows are on netflix, half of them on prime, LoT for example is only on season 4 on prime (if you pay extra for it), while at the same time batgirl is already coming out weekly for free on prime.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    So i was looking up one of the guest stars on this weeks supergirl and verified that it was same same actor who played Sally Malik in Being Human, i love her!

Episode spoilers
    And she played a real convincing female Brainy (great casting choice), but what is real interesting is in IMDB her characters name is credited as Kor-El (Kor being diffrent spelling of brainiac's first name, Querl.
    Did they mention in the episode that her love interest was Supergirl? (or maybe Superwoman.. actually it was probably Superwoman)
    the actor is actually Jesse Rath's (Brainiac 5) sister

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    My enjoyment may hinge on how much they don't even pretend that they are not Chicago, I'm pretty sure the Chicago fire/pd shows use less Chicago b-roll then Batwoman.

The show does feature the most unbelievable 3 year marriage for her ex; and somehow imagines a world where saving alice doesn't involve prosecuting all those murders and then killing her

Alice will turn out to be mind controlled by the Mad Hatter in a twist around episode 16 where the season's real big bad finally shows himself

that's usually how these shows do it

Hey uh

I don't think they're gonna do that anymore

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Episode spoilers
    the actor is actually Jesse Rath's (Brainiac 5) sister

Well now i feel lazy that i didnt pull that thread, because i thought that was the case!

Also Brainiac's Actor, Jesse Rath, was really good in that episode and its the most ive ever enjoyed him. I really kinda resented him replacing Winn, and now i feel he (in my personal take on the show) has finally fully become one of the team\cast.

and thats all ill say about that.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    Yeah, I thought the delineations he created between his various characters in this episode were subtle but very effective

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    My enjoyment may hinge on how much they don't even pretend that they are not Chicago, I'm pretty sure the Chicago fire/pd shows use less Chicago b-roll then Batwoman.

The show does feature the most unbelievable 3 year marriage for her ex; and somehow imagines a world where saving alice doesn't involve prosecuting all those murders and then killing her

Alice will turn out to be mind controlled by the Mad Hatter in a twist around episode 16 where the season's real big bad finally shows himself

that's usually how these shows do it

Hey uh

I don't think they're gonna do that anymore

I would like for the Mad Hatter to show up and be angry that someone is stealing his bit.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Current Supergirl episode
    Apparently the amount of B5s I can tolerate is one. Also he's being a dummy by dumping Nia to do his top secret mission-thing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    YOU GUYS

Legends is back!

And it is good

And extremely goofy

• Options
    Whoa

Arrow
    Dinah can sing

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Whoa

Arrow
    Dinah can sing
    she also actually played the piano

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Whoa

Arrow
    Dinah can sing
    she also actually played the piano

Let's get her, Zari, Cisco, Kara, and Barry together for a musical episode

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sorce wrote: »
    Apparently the amount of B5s I can tolerate is one. Also he's being a dummy by dumping Nia to do his top secret mission-thing.
    Unfortunately they're on CW, so needless relationship drama that could have been pre-empted by just fucking talking to each other, like at all, what the hell? is contractually obligated. Personally he could have used his inhibitors as an excuse "Yo I just became a completely different person, I need a little time and space to figure out who is me" but no that'd actually be a good idea so of course they didn't do that.

Tox on
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    Unfortunately they're on CW, so needless relationship drama that could have been pre-empted by just fucking talking to each other, like at all, what the hell? is contractually obligated. Personally he could have used his inhibitors as an excuse "Yo I just became a completely different person, I need a little time and space to figure out who is me" but no that'd actually be a good dea so of course they didn't do that.
    Right, but they seem to be the go-to for relationship drama, and I'm getting tired of it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Unfortunately they're on CW, so needless relationship drama that could have been pre-empted by just fucking talking to each other, like at all, what the hell? is contractually obligated. Personally he could have used his inhibitors as an excuse "Yo I just became a completely different person, I need a little time and space to figure out who is me" but no that'd actually be a good dea so of course they didn't do that.
    Right, but they seem to be the go-to for relationship drama, and I'm getting tired of it.
    Don't worry, they'll resolve it by the end of the season, leaving lots of space next season to fuck with Alex' relationships some more!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Don't worry, they'll resolve it by the end of the season, leaving lots of space next season to fuck with Alex' relationships some more!

well
    they haven't put Kara in a romantic relationship for a while, I bet they leave Alex alone to fail at writing a compelling love interest for Kara again

(I would say the biggest hurdle they're going to have in the "give Kara a love interest," department is going to be that uh...I feel it's going to be real difficult to sell the show's audience on any love interest that isn't Mon-El or...Lena, and I feel they've written Mon-El off the show pretty conclusively, and...I don't think they have the guts to have Kara end up with anyone other than a man)

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

well
    they haven't put Kara in a romantic relationship for a while, I bet they leave Alex alone to fail at writing a compelling love interest for Kara again

(I would say the biggest hurdle they're going to have in the "give Kara a love interest," department is going to be that uh...I feel it's going to be real difficult to sell the show's audience on any love interest that isn't Mon-El or...Lena, and I feel they've written Mon-El off the show pretty conclusively, and...I don't think they have the guts to have Kara end up with anyone other than a man)

Do you really think its a question of guts? I mean they are pretty inclusive by nearly any standard I can come up with as a whole in the Arrowverse?

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

well

Do you really think its a question of guts? I mean they are pretty inclusive by nearly any standard I can come up with as a whole in the Arrowverse?
    I think it's a much bigger leap to have the lead of a show who is not canonically gay or bi in the comics have a same gender relationship. I think at that point you have to start having conversations with like...Warner Bros. and DC.

Like...the CW and these shows have been progressive, more so than a lot of networks, on these issues. But I also bet that they'redoing some math and going, "well, we've already got one gay couple, that's probably enough"

• Options
    edited January 2020
    A couple of days after watching the GA and the Canaries pilot, I feel like I need to bust out the newspaper clippings and red yarn to try and guess where they're going with the supposed villain/plots. Even if the show doesn't get picked up.

Especially if the show doesn't get picked up.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    A couple of days after watching the GA and the Canaries pilot, I feel like I need to bust out the newspaper clippings and red yarn to try and guess where they're going with the supposed villain/plots. Even if the show doesn't get picked up.

Especially if the show doesn't get picked up.

I'm gonna be honest. I had a really hard time getting into that. It just didn't grab me, and more than a few moments felt really ... lame? Like there was one point
    Right after they jump off the roof at the end, I think, where they all strike a pose? I just. UGH. It was really bad and felt really super forced in a way that was just really disappointing

Honestly if the show does get picked up I feel like it's going to need to be even better than Supergirl season 1 was. Like, Legends season 1 was bad (omg so bad), and Batwoman season 1 is shaping up to be relatively bad, but it's mostly alright.

Canaries is gonna have to be better, or I likely won't watch it. I'm already debating dropping stuff next season.

And yes Legends was goofy as hell and amazing as hell and I'm excited

• Options
    GA and the Canaries would probably work better as a B-plot in a theoretical extended S8 while the main stuff deals with the fallout of the stuff that happened in the Crisis. But they're going whole hog, so godspeed.

sig.gif
  • Options
    This week on Supergirl,
    There’s a fight scene against giant LEGO tigers set to Eye of the Tiger

After last week’s N’Sync fight is this just their new thing?

• Options
    edited January 2020
    There is an interview with Stephen Amell out on Michael Rosembaum's podcast 'Inside of..' that is really really good.

dare i say, powerful.

They talk about some incredible stuff regarding men, their feelings, crying and in it Stephen has a Panic Attack about the show ending.

https://youtu.be/Lms5wsEIkvU

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    This week on Supergirl,
    There’s a fight scene against giant LEGO tigers set to Eye of the Tiger

After last week’s N’Sync fight is this just their new thing?

I mean, the season started with a fight against someone who could make singularities set to Supermassive Black Hole.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Also (new Batwoman spoilers)
    the new episode meant a lot to me personally. Beyond just having an openly-out major superhero lead in a show

And the teen's rant about dealing with gay-hating families and people in general, and how much society still pretty much sucks about handling it despite in the same breath saying they'd be the first in favor of marriage rights, hit home very very hard particularly right now

Maybe I just need to watch more shows/superhero shows, but right now this ep really felt surprisingly meaningful to me in ways very few have, and I keep coming back to that hours after watching it for the first time

This is 8 days old now but I just saw this article and thought I'd share it because I'm thankful I'm not the only one who felt this way about the ep. Linked in spoilers for those who haven't seen Batwoman episode 10 ("How Queer Everything Is Today!")

• Options
    Finale Arrow.
    So Oliver managed to bring every main protagonist who’d died on the show back to life and Diggle is maybe a Green Lantern now? Okay sure why not.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Finale Arrow.
    So Oliver managed to bring every main protagonist who’d died on the show back to life and Diggle is maybe a Green Lantern now? Okay sure why not.

I like that
    We got one last "You have failed this city." with the old killer vigilante Arrow. Weirdly nostalgic. Where did all the time go, eh?

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    FCD wrote: »
    Finale Arrow.

I like that
    We got one last "You have failed this city." with the old killer vigilante Arrow. Weirdly nostalgic. Where did all the time go, eh?

It hasn't aired for me yet, but I'm curious if the most iconic of Arrow heroes makes an appearance...
    Salmon ladder?