As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cookie Brigade

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
Cookies! Get your cookies here!

The Cookie Brigade will be handing out free cookies and accepting donations for Child's Play at PAX again.
For added fun, we're providing a cookie quest. Available onsite (no need to print your own), the paper will not only have a list of all the cookie types we have available this PAX, but can also win you prizes. Just ask distributors the questions on the paper, turn in your sheet and you could win a prize. Prizes drawn daily.
Some folks may be disappointed to hear that we will not have homemade cookies this year. Because of changes happening behind the scenes, we had to purchase cookies. This should be a one-time anomaly with us returning to our homemade goods at the next event. Don't worry, the cookies were taste tested before we purchased them so we know they're good.

Read this blog post for more details about our PAX happenings.

As always, you can reach out to us via twitter with your comments or cookie requests during the event: @cookie_brigade

Looking forward to a great PAX with everyone!

HI3789R.png

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    of all the brigades, you are easily my favorite, cookie folks. hope everything is alright behind the scenes, and looking forward to sampling your wares as always!

• Options
    MaawdawgMaawdawg CT, USARegistered User regular
    Will the cookie brigade be at the Westin Pre-PAX game night again this year? I know some of you fine folks wandered through last year.

• Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Just to double-check, any pins this year? Was very happy to get one of the VR-themed ones last East!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    We should have some goodies at tonight at the Westin.

We do not have a new pin this PAX, but we do still have last year's VR pin for folks who are interested.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Folks can also donate online https://www.cookiebrigade.org/wp/donate/
    or by texting cookiebrigade1 to 71777
    Those are good now and all weekend long

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I wanted to give you all a little bit of an update on Cookie Brigade and BCEC. Just to clarify, I work for Child's Play, which benefits from Cookie Brigade and all of your support of them but CB runs its own stuff so I don't know details of their plans or internal conversations.

First some background, several years ago Cookie Brigade decided to incorporate into their own legal organization. They did a lot of research first and chatted with us about it and ultimately decided it was for the best. Being an actual organization means their relationship to us, PAX and the BCEC has been and continues to change and evolve. But their core mission of supporting Child's Play has not changed.

During East 2018, they got noticed by the catering company who were very concerned that they were distributing cookies at a large scale without proper permits from the city. That was their real concern. They actually gave the CB a bunch of cookies that they baked to help replace some of the home baked cookies that CB had but they weren't allowed to distribute.

This East, they worked with the catering company, PAX and the city to get the proper permits and be able to distribute cookies at the show. They made some changes to how they operate, and raised a respectable $36,442 in donations from the PAX community for Child's Play which we are thrilled with. I believe they are still evaluating how that went, and what that means for their future.

Hope that helps. The PAX Org has been and continues to support both CP and CB with free space, badge, etc. And as CP is now the official charity of PAX, thats not likely to go away anytime soon.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Glad to see the Cookie Brigade is alive and kicking, I cannot wait to enjoy some delicious cookies whiling donating to a good cause.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    RyosukeRyosuke Registered User regular
    Continue the good cause... thanks.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Always appreciate cookie brigade info. Please make a new thread for 2020 though if there's something new to share :)

Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.